PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide if I'm pissed or depressed

Nzoner
11-13-2005, 10:40 PM
The first Sunday this season that I don't touch a drop of alcohol and...

1.Chiefs looked like crap.

2.Lost 1 of my 2 slots in a $10,000 suicide pool.

3.The Cleveland Browns scored more than the Chiefs today.

4.I got humiliated in one of my money fantasy football leagues.

5.The Houston Texans scored more than the Chiefs today.

6.I picked the G-Men in a winner's challenge point pot.

7.The 1-7 depleted Packers won on the road today and the Chiefs couldn't.

8.The focking Browns just blocked a fg and took it back for a td negating another 5 points for my Pitt D.

I'm ready to cue that Gloom,despair and agony song.

FloridaChief
11-13-2005, 10:45 PM

http://hthi.hightechhigh.org/~jkeenan/zoloft%20pills-green,blue,yellow.jpg

Raiderhater
11-13-2005, 10:46 PM
I'm a cross between the two.

Oh, and speaking of songs, you did put Mexican Blackbird on one those discs for me. :thumb:

BigRedChief
11-13-2005, 10:47 PM
I'd go for pissed but thats just me.

milkman
11-13-2005, 10:50 PM
I'm a cross between the two.

Oh, and speaking of songs, you did put Mexican Blackbird on one those discs for me. :thumb:

Depissed?

Nzoner
11-13-2005, 10:51 PM
FOCK!!!

The Browns scored again!

Forget depressed.

Raiderhater
11-13-2005, 10:52 PM
Depissed?

Exactly.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go punch somebody in the face while crying in my beer.

Halfcan
11-13-2005, 10:52 PM
Hang in there, tomorrow will be worse and make you forget about today.

KcMizzou
11-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Hang in there, tomorrow will be worse and make you forget about today.ROFL

Always looking on the bright side...

Frazod
11-13-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm just numb at this point, since I've already accepted it. As I said last week, needing a last second desperation play to beat a shitty team at home didn't suddenly make us contenders. Our offense is the football equivalent of milk that's still in the fridge two weeks past its expiration date. The window closed last year - it's been fairly obvious all season.

luv
11-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Be pissed. It's more motivational.

BigRedChief
11-13-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm just numb at this point, since I've already accepted it. As I said last week, needing a last second desperation play to beat a shitty team at home didn't suddenly make us contenders. Our offense is the football equivalent of milk that's still in the fridge two weeks past its expiration date. The window closed last year - it's been fairly obvious all season.

Yep 2003 was our chance. 9-0 start. Easy Schedule. Home field advantage through out the playoffs. But King Carl and DV forgot that you have to have a defense because if you stop the team your playing just once. Once. Make them punt the ball once, you win. :banghead:

Mr. Kotter
11-13-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm mored depressed than pissed. It's hard to be pissed off when they just plain sucked ass like that today.

Unless they can make a run, we'll be doing what we do every friggin' January: complaining and specualting about the draft.

I expect a run of "Can This NEW Headcoach Finally Get Us to the Promised Land" type of threads over then next month.

Nzoner
11-13-2005, 11:10 PM

What's so frustrating to me about today is that the defense played their ass off(yes I know Buffalo is not a great team)and all they needed was for the offense to put up 17.

Why can we NEVER put all 3 phases together in a season!

DAMMIT CARL :cuss:

CosmicPal
11-13-2005, 11:10 PM
I've been a little bit of both today.

I don't know if I need help or not, but it's hard- really, really hard to feel any kind of satisfaction anymore for this team.

Add in the fact, I take my FFLs' so seriously- I'm headed for some brutal Sundays when my fantasy teams lose and the Chiefs lose. When they all win- I'm elated. But, when they all lose- I get very depressed and pissed all the same.

I won't feel any better tomorrow. It might take a few days to shake off this loss. The window of opportunity has closed and the shades are drawn. I feel for the guys who've been with the Chiefs for so long and have had illustrious careers with the team, but failed to get to the big show: Shields, Roaf, Green, and Richardson won't make it. Gonzalez may not make it since we will be in a rebuilding process.

And that's what I have to look forward to: a rebuilding process AGAIN. I'll get all excited 'cause we'll hire a coach I'll be happy with. The new coach will hire some assistants I will believe in. They will draft players I think will make a difference. And everything will look good on paper again, and then the season will start and my heart will be pumping and my enthusiasm will be charged, and then it will all come back down to earth AGAIN.

I think I'm just going to have to accept the fact I may be too old and bed-ridden before the Chiefs get to the SB again. It fugging sucks. And what makes it even fuggen worse is that I fugging live and work in a town now where the team I despise the most is again quite successful! And THAT pisses me off!

Frazod
11-13-2005, 11:12 PM
I also picked up Battlefront II yesterday. Great game - very therapeutic. I pretend like all the stormtroopers I kill are actually Chiefs coaches, head office personnel and defensive backs. :bang:

Coach
11-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Well, I know that it really sucks.

Chin up guys. I know we're 5-4, while at best we should have been 7-2 (The Eagles and the Bills). However, it could have been worse. We'd be 1-7, and a laughing stock in the NFL (i.e. Texans, Packers.)

Every team goes through a stretch where they just have downs. Hopefully the Chiefs can get out of that funk and take care of the Texans. Yes, we lost a game that we should had won. Yes, we lost a game that mattered in the playoffs chances. However, there are 7 more games left, and four of them are at Arrowhead. If I recall correctly, usually, the Chiefs play better at Arrowhead than away games.

11/20 @ Houston Texans
11/27 New England Patriots
12/04 Denver Broncos
12/11 @ Dallas Cowboys
12/17 @ New York Giants
12/24 San Diego Chargers
01/01 Cincinnati Bengals

Still plenty of football left.

Bugeater
11-13-2005, 11:24 PM
I'll never be disappointed in any season that involves a sweep over the Raiders. Then again, as a Husker fan I've learned to lower my expectations.

Demonpenz
11-13-2005, 11:25 PM
i am wondering if i can find a copy of pass blocking for dummies for our o-line

Nzoner
11-13-2005, 11:25 PM
Well, I know that it really sucks.

Chin up guys. I know we're 5-4, while at best we should have been 7-2 (The Eagles and the Bills). However, it could have been worse. We'd be 1-7, and a laughing stock in the NFL (i.e. Texans, Packers.)

I appreciate your optimism,however,the Packers comment doesn't help.

Like I said as depleted as that team is with every right to give up they went on the road to a fairly good team's house and handed their asses to them.

Coach
11-13-2005, 11:28 PM
I appreciate your optimism,however,the Packers comment doesn't help.

Like I said as depleted as that team is with every right to give up they went on the road to a fairly good team's house and handed their asses to them.

Understandable. At least we aren't the Vikings going on a cruise. Not yet, at least, so I guess that's good, right?

Heh heh.

siberian khatru
11-13-2005, 11:29 PM
11/20 @ Houston Texans
11/27 New England Patriots
12/04 Denver Broncos
12/11 @ Dallas Cowboys
12/17 @ New York Giants
12/24 San Diego Chargers
01/01 Cincinnati Bengals

Honestly, I could see us ending the season on a 6-game losing streak.

I think even a conservative estimate comes up with at least 3 more losses. I really don't see us winning @ Dallas or the Giants. I think we lose at least one home game.

Nzoner
11-13-2005, 11:29 PM
I'll never be disappointed in any season that involves a sweep over the Raiders.

Now there's a positive.

Rep.

Nzoner
11-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Understandable. At least we aren't the Vikings going on a cruise. Not yet, at least, so I guess that's good, right?

Heh heh.

Maybe the team needs a cruise,I mean hell the Vikes did beat the G-Men at their house today.

Coach
11-13-2005, 11:33 PM
Maybe the team needs a cruise,I mean hell the Vikes did beat the G-Men at their house today.

Heh, that win was a fluke....

Aw hell, who am I kidding?

FIRE CARL PETERSON! FIRE DICK VERMEIL! FIRE THE EQUIPMENT MANAGER! FIRE THE WATERBOY! :cuss:

:p

Nzoner
11-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Heh, that win was a fluke....

Aw hell, who am I kidding?

FIRE CARL PETERSON! FIRE DICK VERMEIL! FIRE THE EQUIPMENT MANAGER! FIRE THE WATERBOY! :cuss:

:p

and KICK KC WOLF IN THE NUTS!

Chief Henry
11-14-2005, 08:13 AM
I blew my top last year after the New Orleans
fiasco. We've been duped by Carl Peterson
and Dick Vermeil.

wolfpack0735
11-14-2005, 09:19 AM
i stopped getting depressed years ago with the chiefs. i just shake my head in amazment that the front office can @uck up a football so bad year after year. but i am a die hard fan. from birth till death. :banghead:

Phobia
11-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Falcons knocked me out of my survival pool. I busted in the ChiefsPlanet betting game. I probably lost in fantasy FB. I just suck all around.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-14-2005, 10:08 AM
Hang in there, tomorrow will be worse and make you forget about today.
Do you mind if I use that as my sig. That's fan-f**king-tastic.