PDA

View Full Version : I guess it's safe to say the Texans game couldn't have come at a better time

Bowser
11-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Playing these guys with a national audience could be the cure for what ails this team. Or a step in the right direction, anyway. Here are some things I want to see in this game......

1) I don't want to see any more than 3 receivers in any pattern. Keep guys in to help out blocking with this sieve of an Offensive Line.

2) Keep pounding LJ.

3) Bring the same defense we used against Buffalo to Houston. And don't bitch about Warfield, either. He got burned on one pass, but got victimized on the other. It happens, and we still held them to 14 points and just over 200 yards. I can most definitely live with that.

4) I want to see Dante Hall catch the ball, and RUN. None of this stutterstep crap he seems to be afflicted with every time he catches a punt, pass, or kick. Don't try to be cute, just run with it.

5) I want to see Trent get his confidence back, which means I want to see our offensive coaches alter the gameplan to fit our current situation on offense with the injuries. Or in other words, see point 1.

6) I want to see Marc Boerigter more involved in the passing game. Teams see us with two recieving "threats" right now - Kennison and Gonzo. Let this guy have a chance. He's got good size nad decent speed.

Thoughts?

Eleazar
11-14-2005, 09:08 AM
If we play as bad on offense as we did this week this won't be an easy win. Heck if we play that bad we won't beat anyone in the league including the Texans.

Mecca
11-14-2005, 09:08 AM
I just hope we don't embarass ourselves on national TV at this point.

Even if they have a good performance against a really bad team, it's not going to make me feel better about what this season turned into.

dirk digler
11-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Playing these guys with a national audience could be the cure for what ails this team. Or a step in the right direction, anyway.

I disagree about this. If the Raiders game wasn't an turning point I just don't see beating a 1-7 team being any kind of move in the right direction.

Bowser
11-14-2005, 09:12 AM
I disagree about this. If the Raiders game wasn't an turning point I just don't see beating a 1-7 team being any kind of move in the right direction.

That's my point. If we LOSE, you can flush this season down the crapper.

kregger
11-14-2005, 09:12 AM
let's see.. David Carr has pretty much sucked all year. I can see us turning him into the second coming of Brett Favre next week.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Why the hell did they throw that desperation pass to Dante Hall?

Use Boerigter's size to our advantage, Squanders.

KC won't lose. I am going to the game.

Bowser
11-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Why the hell did they throw that desperation pass to Dante Hall?

Use Boerigter's size to our advantage, Squanders.

KC won't lose. I am going to the game.

You're on record now, cheese. Don't **** this up.

Red Dawg
11-14-2005, 09:24 AM
There are at least 4 more losses on our schedule but the Texans better not be one of them.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2005, 09:24 AM
You're on record now, cheese. Don't **** this up.

More importantly, both games I went to were against bottom feeders at the time. Pittsburgh in 99 and Arizona in 2002.

The Chiefs win when I attend games against shitty teams!

HemiEd
11-14-2005, 09:26 AM
4) I want to see Dante Hall catch the ball, and RUN. None of this stutterstep crap he seems to be afflicted with every time he catches a punt, pass, or kick. Don't try to be cute, just run with it.

Thoughts?

I wonder if he even ended up with a positive return number yesterday.

Mecca
11-14-2005, 09:39 AM
More importantly, both games I went to were against bottom feeders at the time. Pittsburgh in 99 and Arizona in 2002.

The Chiefs win when I attend games against shitty teams!

Better watch it, weird shit is happening this year. Who would have thought the chiefs would hold a team to 14 and lose? Who would have thought we'd have one of the worst lines in the league? Who'd have thought we'd only score 3 points against a team under 500? I'm just saying strange things are happening this year........