PDA

View Full Version : And he calls himself a Chiefs fan

Nzoner
11-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Just got off the phone with a client who calls himself a Chiefs fan and yet every season when the Chiefs are either done or close to it he jumps ship and starts rooting for whichever of the AFC West teams is poised to win the division.

He says his thinking is only right because if the Chiefs can't represent the AFC West in the play-offs then he wants another AFC team to win it all.

Personally,as always,I told him I think he's wrong in doing so, and that that kind of thinking is not a true Chiefs fan.

I'd really like the opinions of other Chiefs fans on this as I'm looking to print the thread and give it to him.

Katipan
11-14-2005, 04:39 PM
If the Chiefs don't make it and you must root. You root for the NFC team.

Tell him he can pick up his nuts in locker B23 at the bus station.

FAX
11-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Just got off the phone with a client who calls himself a Chiefs fan and yet every season when the Chiefs are either done or close to it he jumps ship and starts rooting for whichever of the AFC West teams is poised to win the division.

He says his thinking is only right because if the Chiefs can't represent the AFC West in the play-offs then he wants another AFC team to win it all.

Personally,as always,I told him I think he's wrong in doing so, and that that kind of thinking is not a true Chiefs fan.

I'd really like the opinions of other Chiefs fans on this as I'm looking to print the thread and give it to him.

He is not a Chiefs fan.

Chiefs fans never, ever support a team that goes to the playoffs.

FAX THE OFFENDED

Saulbadguy
11-14-2005, 04:40 PM
I don't see why you anyone would do this.

If its college, its ok too root for a conference mate in the national title run, IMO, because it will bring more $$$ to the conference.

Eleazar
11-14-2005, 04:41 PM
A real fan wouldn't cheer for the Raiders or the Donks against teh debbil himslef.

Calcountry
I loved the asswhoopin that the niners put on the Chargers a few years back.

dirk digler
He is definitely not a Chiefs fan. There is no way in hell I could root for the Broncos or Raiders.

I would root for the Chargers this year if they make it to the SB just because of Marty but I highly doubt they will even make the playoffs.

Dunit35
11-14-2005, 04:43 PM
You are not a true fan if you root for other teams, when your team isnt in the run for anything. I dont care how bad the Chiefs do, I would never root for any other team. When the Super Bowl comes around, im rooting for the NFC teams.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 04:44 PM
He is definitely not a Chiefs fan. There is no way in hell I could root for the Broncos or Raiders.

I would root for the Chargers this year if they make it to the SB just because of Marty but I highly doubt they will even make the playoffs.

I hate the Chargers MORE than the Raiders and Broncos, BECAUSE of Marty. Fug him.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 04:45 PM
I don't see why you anyone would do this.

If its college, its ok too root for a conference mate in the national title run, IMO, because it will bring more $$$ to the conference.

Even that is a bit hard to do, IMO.

I just can't bring myself to ever root for a rival...

dirk digler
11-14-2005, 04:45 PM
I hate the Chargers MORE than the Raiders and Broncos, BECAUSE of Marty. Fug him.

Damn I hate the Broncos the most and then the Raiders, then the Chargers.

If Marty makes it to the SB one day I will root for him as long as it isn't against the Chiefs.

Saulbadguy
11-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Even that is a bit hard to do, IMO.

I just can't bring myself to ever root for a rival...
At least it has some justification. I'll root for Kansas teams if they are in the running, and my team is not, due to the $$$ it will bring this state and its institutions, among other things. Same with the other Big XII teams.

Then again, it doesn't exactly break my heart when they get reamed in the NC game either..( see the last 2 years...:evil: )

DaFace
11-14-2005, 04:47 PM
While I agree that rooting for another AFCW team is pure blasphemy, I don't see any issue with rooting for another AFC team (provided the Chiefs are completely out of it). If for no other reason, we need someone to beat the living hell out of the AFCW team in the playoffs.

KChiefsQT
11-14-2005, 04:47 PM
You are not a true fan if you root for other teams, when your team isnt in the run for anything. I dont care how bad the Chiefs do, I would never root for any other team. When the Super Bowl comes around, im rooting for the NFC teams.

Nope. First and only priority is KC. I don't care if we go 8-8... I will never ROOT for Eggos, Broncs or Raiduhs UNLESS it benefits our team. (Like wanting the raiders to win yesterday)

I have to pull for the cowboys cause it's the mans team. When he's happy... so am I. Sooo tonight, I will be rooting for the cowboys. :)

sedated
11-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Fair Weather Bandwagon Jumper Pussyboy

dirk digler
11-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Nope. First and only priority is KC. I don't care if we go 8-8... I will never ROOT for Eggos, Broncs or Raiduhs UNLESS it benefits our team. (Like wanting the raiders to win yesterday)

I have to pull for the cowboys cause it's the mans team. When he's happy... so am I. Sooo tonight, I will be rooting for the cowboys. :)

Go EAGLES!!!

:p

TrickyNicky
11-14-2005, 04:49 PM
If the Chiefs aren't in it, I will root for the Seahawks, but that is it. I root for them since they are a former AFC West team and I hate all the other NFC teams.

Katipan
11-14-2005, 04:50 PM
If the NFC team beats the AFC team in the Superbowl. The Chiefs are just losers like everyone else.

But if an AFC team wins the Superbowl. All you can think about is how it should have been the Chiefs.

Sacrilegious.

HemiEd
11-14-2005, 04:51 PM
He is clearly a "band wagon" fan, not a Chiefs fan. He will not get the enjoyment out the Chiefs success, when they have some, that we will.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Damn I hate the Broncos the most and then the Raiders, then the Chargers.

If Marty makes it to the SB one day I will root for him as long as it isn't against the Chiefs.

1) Marty will never make it to a Super Bowl.

2) I'd rather cut off both feet and eat them raw than root for Marty. I hope he rots in hell.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 04:53 PM
At least it has some justification. I'll root for Kansas teams if they are in the running, and my team is not, due to the $$$ it will bring this state and its institutions, among other things. Same with the other Big XII teams.

Then again, it doesn't exactly break my heart when they get reamed in the NC game either..( see the last 2 years...:evil: )

I like to see other Big 10 teams win their bowl games, primarily because it elevates the strength of the conference, which means those conference win mean more...I don't know that I actively root for them though...

Saulbadguy
11-14-2005, 04:55 PM
I like to see other Big 10 teams win their bowl games, primarily because it elevates the strength of the conference, which means those conference win mean more...I don't know that I actively root for them though...
admit it. you are a sucklone sympathizer, too.

Deberg_1990
11-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Hes dead wrong. I was the biggest Green Bay, Atlanta and Tampa Bay fan in the 1998,1999 and 2003 Super Bowls.

dirk digler
11-14-2005, 04:58 PM
1) Marty will never make it to a Super Bowl.

2) I'd rather cut off both feet and eat them raw than root for Marty. I hope he rots in hell.

ROFL

Why the hate for Marty?

He brought football back to KC and gave us alot of great times and yes some heart break but he was a damn good head coach for us.

Phobia
11-14-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm not going to tell anybody how they should enjoy their favorite team but leaving early and rooting for division rivals isn't for ME.

ChiefsOne
11-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Never ever pull for another AFC West team to win the Superbowl.

If the Chiefs are completly out I hope the Steelers win.

Saulbadguy
11-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Hes dead wrong. I was the biggest Green Bay, Atlanta and Tampa Bay fan in the 1998,1999 and 2003 Super Bowls.
I bet that was very hard on you, too.

Calcountry
11-14-2005, 05:02 PM
I am going to root for the Colts to go undefeated, for the sole purpose of making the 72 Dolphins shut the f up and stfd and shove their champaign up their ass.

sedated
11-14-2005, 05:04 PM
You cannot fully appreciate a team's success unless you suffer through the journey

These bandwagoners make me sick.

They bag on the Chiefs when they struggle, then celebrate when they win.

They are heartless, soul-less sh!theads that should be beaten until their faces run Chiefs red.

dirk digler
11-14-2005, 05:05 PM
I am going to root for the Colts to go undefeated, for the sole purpose of making the 72 Dolphins shut the f up and stfd and shove their champaign up their ass.

I will never root for the Colts unless they are playing the Donkeys.

Gawd I hate the ****ing Colts!!!!11!!1! :cuss:

KcMizzou
11-14-2005, 05:07 PM
A guy I work with went and bought a bunch of Raiders gear when they were in the Super Bowl. (he still hasn't heard the end of it) He's a season ticket holder, and claims to be a huge Chiefs fan.

Makes absolutely no sense.

FAX
11-14-2005, 05:08 PM
I will never root for the Colts unless they are playing the Donkeys.

Gawd I hate the ****ing Colts!!!!11!!1! :cuss:

I agree, Mr. dirk digler. Also, Manning is a nasty cheater. Anyhow, you can't be a Chiefs fan and support a team that is successful.

FAX THE PRAGMATIST

Phobia
11-14-2005, 05:11 PM
A guy I work with went and bought a bunch of Raiders gear when they were in the Super Bowl. (he still hasn't heard the end of it) He's a season ticket holder, and claims to be a huge Chiefs fan.

Makes absolutely no sense.

He did that and your home(s) burned to the ground? Did his house at least get torched once?

The_Philster
11-14-2005, 05:25 PM
If he can root for the Raiders, he's no Chiefs fan...same as with the Bills...anyone caught rooting for the Fish or the Pats would have to turn in their Bills fan card, so to speak. Regarding the Super Bowl, I would say rooting for your own conference is the thing to do...except when it's a hated division rival.

BIG_DADDY
11-14-2005, 05:33 PM
If he can root for the Raiders, he's no Chiefs..

It's called pulling a Duhhhhhhnise.

Calcountry
11-14-2005, 05:44 PM
If he can root for the Raiders, he's no Chiefs fan...same as with the Bills...anyone caught rooting for the Fish or the Pats would have to turn in their Bills fan card, so to speak. Regarding the Super Bowl, I would say rooting for your own conference is the thing to do...except when it's a hated division rival.I was pulling for the Raiders yesterday, but with selfish Chiefs reasons for an MO. I feel so dirty.

The_Philster
11-14-2005, 05:53 PM
I was pulling for the Raiders yesterday, but with selfish Chiefs reasons for an MO. I feel so dirty.
There were a bunch of Bills fans rooting on the Fish yesterday to tighten up the division..I just couldn't bring myself to do it...they lose when we want them to win anyway..just to spite us.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 06:46 PM
admit it. you are a sucklone sympathizer, too.

**** that. I'll never root for them. I'd root for the Raiders before them.

Saulbadguy
11-14-2005, 06:48 PM
**** that. I'll never root for them. I'd root for the Raiders before them.
Weren't you the one telling me they'd win the North? :D

I was in Ames for the KSU/ISU game, and the Clown fans cheered louder when they saw Iowa lost than when ISU scored.

OldTownChief
11-14-2005, 06:50 PM
The only satisfaction I get out of the playoffs without the Chiefs is the AFC West winner getting blown out of it.