PDA

View Full Version : Is KC fan better than being a HOU or SF fan?

TinyEvel
11-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Okay,
Lots of frustration on the board right now.
Understandably.
But do you think it would be better to be for a team that you KNOW sucks and will never make the playoffs (like HOU or SF right now, or Detroit or CIN previously?)

Or to be for the Chiefs, who at the start of each year (recently), seem to be contenders but then, thanks to miscues, injuries, or name the dozen other suspects, miss out.

So, better to expect disappointment, or to have a little hope, then be disappointed?

My vote is I'll take the Chiefs and optimism any day over a 16-week suck-fest.

I was at the Pro football hall of fame about ten years ago. They show NFL films in the basement every hour on the hour.
The one I saw was "the 1988 Cleveland Browns...They had a great defense and Loyal fans, but mistakes in key games kept them from the playoffs."
It was 45-minutes of highlights with the anouncer saying stuff like "then the Browns blew another early lead when..." or "then a costly mistake lost them the game" or "...but the Browns missed another opportunity when..."

I kept thinking "They made a frickin' film about that team?"

So, I'll keep watching every week. No matter what. Still beats being a Raider fan.

Oh yeah, and I'm officially on IR, since I slammed my hand on the bar when Green got sacked for 3rd and 39. Got a sprained thumb now.

No Madden for a couple weeks.

JBucc
11-14-2005, 07:13 PM
If I had a choice, I'd rather be like Indy or Pittsburgh or New England and contend every year. But given your choices I'd rather just plain suck so I wouldn't get my hopes up every year only to be let down, which is the only thing the chiefs consistently do.

Calcountry
11-14-2005, 07:16 PM
SF has 5 Super Bowls, that afterglow will carry them for quite some time yet.

TinyEvel
11-14-2005, 07:23 PM
---Posted by bunnytrdr - Today at 05:16 PM
---SF has 5 Super Bowls, that afterglow will carry them for quite some time yet.

Yeah, I get that. I guess I was just trying to pick a team that's CLEARLY out of it, continuously. (and flamers please don't say that's KC..there, beat ya to it!)

Eleazar
11-14-2005, 07:29 PM
I'll take at least being able to fantasize about the playoffs for half the season over not having any hope.

Phobia
11-14-2005, 07:32 PM
What is behind curtain #4? A noose?

TinyEvel
11-14-2005, 07:35 PM
A Milli Vanilli tape

Eleazar
11-14-2005, 07:35 PM
I'll take whichever door is the mule.

DJay23
11-14-2005, 07:36 PM
San Fran may suck ass, but at least they play their asses off. I can't say that about the Chiefs.

Baby Lee
11-15-2005, 06:58 AM
Don't we have to beat Houston before we look down on them?

KCTitus
11-15-2005, 07:59 AM
As fans, I'd say we're all pretty much equal. Sure there have been some teams that have been more successful than KC, so I'd say their fans have been more fortunate, but I fail to see how that makes them better or us any worse.

I did realize one thing Sunday, and that was when KC has a really bad game like they did against Buffalo, it really makes it hard to watch football the rest of the day. Didnt really want to watch the 4pm games and didnt bother with the Sunday Night game or ESPN's NFL Primetime...pretty much just found something else to do.

It's pretty bad when a game that bad can sour you on the rest of the games.

Phobia
11-15-2005, 08:03 AM
As fans, I'd say we're all pretty much equal. Sure there have been some teams that have been more successful than KC, so I'd say their fans have been more fortunate, but I fail to see how that makes them better or us any worse.

I did realize one thing Sunday, and that was when KC has a really bad game like they did against Buffalo, it really makes it hard to watch football the rest of the day. Didnt really want to watch the 4pm games and didnt bother with the Sunday Night game or ESPN's NFL Primetime...pretty much just found something else to do.

It's pretty bad when a game that bad can sour you on the rest of the games.

I thought that was only me. Only reason I watched any of the MNF game was because Bledsoe had to throw a TD so I could win FFL.

Duck Dog
11-15-2005, 08:11 AM
I thought that was only me. Only reason I watched any of the MNF game was because Bledsoe had to throw a TD so I could win FFL.

Heh, I needed a TD from Glenn to win.

Warrior5
11-15-2005, 08:16 AM
I don't know which is better, but I simply have no choice.

Good or bad, I've been R&G for 37 years, and will be 'til the day I die.

wolfpack0735
11-15-2005, 08:18 AM
i remeber back in the 70`s and 80`s when the chiefs just plain sucked. you knew they sucked and expected them to suck. when they would lose it was as hard. now they are better and its more depressing. maybe because they have been close to being great. as far as let downs its harder as a chief fan but it`d still rather be chief fan. from the 60`s to now born a chiefs fan,die a chief fan.

KCTitus
11-15-2005, 08:41 AM

FFL is one thing that can keep you 'going' when your team is laying eggs on the field. Sadly, I'm not competitive in that either this year.

Extra Point
11-15-2005, 08:47 AM
In Houston, there's always tomorrow. In SF, there's always yesterday.

TinyEvel
12-02-2008, 01:44 AM
ROFL...from 3 years ago

Mile High Mania
12-02-2008, 09:27 AM
I don't see the difference really in being a fan of about 15 teams right now over the last decade.

Teams like Detroit, Cincy, Cleveland... the Bills. Maybe 1 or 2 others, those fans haven't had much to cheer about in forever.

Denver fans haven't suffered through as many lows, but there have been equal disappointments. You could take a dozen teams and lump them in with KC, SF or Houston.

Brock
12-02-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm optimistic about the future of this team.

ChiTown
12-02-2008, 09:38 AM
I'm optimistic about the future of this team.

I would be a lot more optimistic if Herm and Carl were to exit this team for good. I have NO confidence in Herm's ability to lead this team, and Carl's ability to effectively and simultaneously build on both sides of the ball.