PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild the Chiefs, you can be a GM TOO!!

Logical
11-14-2005, 08:09 PM
What the Hell, the season is a dissappointment thus far so why not.

What positions in what order do we need to rebuild a team around?

Offense first
Left Tackle (our most urgent need on offense)
Right Guard (move Welbourn in he does not belong at tackle)
Wide Receiver (Yup definitely a need)
Right Tackle (is Sampson the real deal, will he ever get healthy)
Fullback (facing fact TRich probably only has a couple of years left)
QBOTF (we do not have one realistically)

Defense
CB (we need a young one that has real talent)
DT (gag me with a spoon is any team worse at acquiring one)
Safety (we need a young one with talent)
DE (we need another full time DE with talent and motor)
CB (face facts we only have one decent one and he is in his 30s)
DT (unless Sims ever turns it around we definitely need two)

Special teams
I think we are OK but we are hurting for the future post Dante who seems to be losing it
I have less than rousing faith in Tynes but it could have been just one bad game

So what do you agree with, disagree with, and what else do you feel we need

Hammock Parties
11-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Surtain is only 29. We do need youth at corner though.

Dante isn't losing anything.

Tynes is fine. It was wind.

Logical
11-14-2005, 08:15 PM

Tynes is fine. It was wind.My error on Surtain.

I disagree on Dante, hasn't looked good this year, and his results show it.

A good kicker can handle wind, I don't have faith in Tynes yet.

Raiderhater
11-14-2005, 08:17 PM

Tynes is fine. It was wind.

Yeah, the Bills missed a kick or two as well. I'm not returning so quickly to my state of being unsure about Tynes.

I also agree Dante isn't losing anything. He is being used in the passing game more than he should which is taking some out of him, and teams know about him now, so they try to limit the damage he can do. Even with all of that, he still has a KO return for a TD this year. He's fine.

Saulbadguy
11-14-2005, 08:17 PM
My error on Surtain.

A good kicker can handle wind, I don't have faith in Tynes yet.
Regardless of yesterdays misses, he is still having one of the best years stat wise in the NFL. And he is young. I don't think you realize how windy it was yesterday in Buffalo.

CosmicPal
11-14-2005, 08:19 PM
Damn....

We're doomed.

I might as well take up a new hobby for the next few years...shit.

Logical
11-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Damn....

We're doomed.

I might as well take up a new hobby for the next few years...shit.This thread is not to say we are doomed. It is to talk about what we need to do to bring this team to a playoff winning caliber team.

Your not interested in that?

Saulbadguy
11-14-2005, 08:21 PM
I think O-Line and WR are our most pressing needs.

Raiderhater
11-14-2005, 08:25 PM
I think O-Line and WR are our most pressing needs.

What? No pressing defensive need? It's been a few years since we were last in that position.

I agree, OL and WR followed by DT and CB. And a f#cking QBOTF would be nice for once.....

Stinger
11-14-2005, 08:26 PM

IMO Dante needs to hit a hole and go .... this studder, then stop and go has not worked. He needs to stop thinking and just run it looks like he is trying to hard again.

Logical
11-14-2005, 08:27 PM
IMO Dante needs to hit a hole and go .... this studder, then stop and go has not worked. He needs to stop thinking and just run it looks like he is trying to hard again.Absolutely, this is what seems to happen to all the great returners as they age. I have seen it before.

Saulbadguy
11-14-2005, 08:28 PM
What? No pressing defensive need? It's been a few years since we were last in that position.

I agree, OL and WR followed by DT and CB. And a f#cking QBOTF would be nice for once.....
I've actually been impressed by our defense the last 2 games. Our offense has really went to shit. A DT would be nice, but not pressing IMO. It would probably be right after OL/WR.

tommykat
11-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Absolutely, this is what seems to happen to all the great returners as they age. I have seen it before.

Snickering......at your age I am sure you have...;)

Tribal Warfare
11-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Rebuild the Chiefs, you can be a GM TOO!!

LT- Eric Winston, Marcus McNeill, or Jonathon Scott should be in KC's spot in the draft #14-#20 in the 1st range

DT- Rod Wright or Hatoli Ngata

I'm not sure if CB Micheal Huff of Texas will last into the middle of the second round.

DE- I'm still wondering why Carlos Hall hasn't been seeing the field more, but FA looks like the best bet unless KC hits another goldmine in the later rounds.

CosmicPal
11-14-2005, 08:31 PM
This thread is not to say we are doomed. It is to talk about what we need to do to bring this team to a playoff winning caliber team.

Your not interested in that?

I know, I was only kidding around...

Yes, of course I'm interested, but your list depressed the hell out of me.

We've got some good talent on the practice squade- let's hope we can get someone, anyone to come off that PS and make an impact next year.

Battle may be the youngster we need on the D- just stay healthy.

I like our LBing for the future. I think our D-line was hurt bigtime by the loss of Sims.

The plain fact is we need to get some youngsters on the offensive side of the ball.

I'd go LT or RT in the first round.
WR in the second round. (Free agent pick-up would be nice as well).
QB in the third round. (We will need someone to grow into the position).
Guard or RB in the fourth round

But, obviously we are going to pick the best available in those rounds....But, we will need score big time in the first couple of rounds offensively.

I honestly think we can pick up another free agent or two to help the secondary until we can get a solid young offense again.

wolfpack0735
11-14-2005, 08:34 PM
you forgot three more needs. an offensive cord that sticks with something when it is working, a head coach who does cry all the time and has a backbone and third and most important a GM who makes a five year work in five years or less.

Raiderhater
11-14-2005, 08:35 PM
I've actually been impressed by our defense the last 2 games. Our offense has really went to shit. A DT would be nice, but not pressing IMO. It would probably be right after OL/WR.

I have actually been impressed with them most of the season. There have been plenty of times where they looked bad, but you could tell that this is not the same squad it has been of recent years. They are playing better over all, and by season's end I hope they are firing on all cylinders, or close enough to it to be doing so the start of next year.

LiL stumppy
11-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Dante Hall needs to keep doing what he has been doing because he is solid and if you dont remember still have one Kick off returned for a touchdown.Theres nothing WE can do to get this team to a playoff cailber football team.We need some oyungersters to step up and perform.

Logical
11-14-2005, 08:56 PM
I know, I was only kidding around...

Yes, of course I'm interested, but your list depressed the hell out of me.

We've got some good talent on the practice squade- let's hope we can get someone, anyone to come off that PS and make an impact next year.

Battle may be the youngster we need on the D- just stay healthy.

I like our LBing for the future. I think our D-line was hurt bigtime by the loss of Sims.

The plain fact is we need to get some youngsters on the offensive side of the ball.

Guard or RB in the fourth round

But, obviously we are going to pick the best available in those rounds....But, we will need score big time in the first couple of rounds offensively.

I honestly think we can pick up another free agent or two to help the secondary until we can get a solid young offense again.
That sounds nice, hope it works out. Carl depresses me, not our situation.

BigChiefFan
11-14-2005, 09:30 PM
1st round-Marcus McNeil
2006 NFL Draft Prospect

from Conor Dowley

Position: Offensive Tackle
School: Auburn

Height: 6-9

Weight: 335

40-Yard Dash: 5.00 (EST)

Positives:
Marcus McNeil is a colossal tackle with a punishing style of play, and he is more willing to lay his man out than contain him. Even if someone manages to survive the first contact on his feet, McNeil has the ability to hold them at bay with his massively long arms. He is quite possibly the best run blocker in the upcoming draft.www.myfantasyleague.com

Negatives:
McNeil occasionally has trouble against speed rushers that avoid his first shot, and has shown problems against the spin move because of footwork that needs improvement. He's far from a liability in pass protection, but it's definitely not his strong suit.

Overview:
Marcus was coveted by NFL scouts in his junior year, and very likely would have been a high first-round pick if he had entered the draft. He was named to the first-team All-SEC squad by several media outlets.

Logical
11-14-2005, 09:32 PM
1st round-Marcus McNeil
2006 NFL Draft Prospect

from Conor Dowley

Position: Offensive Tackle
School: Auburn

Height: 6-9

Weight: 335

40-Yard Dash: 5.00 (EST)

Positives:
Marcus McNeil is a colossal tackle with a punishing style of play, and he is more willing to lay his man out than contain him. Even if someone manages to survive the first contact on his feet, McNeil has the ability to hold them at bay with his massively long arms. He is quite possibly the best run blocker in the upcoming draft.www.myfantasyleague.com (http://www.myfantasyleague.com)

Negatives:
McNeil occasionally has trouble against speed rushers that avoid his first shot, and has shown problems against the spin move because of footwork that needs improvement. He's far from a liability in pass protection, but it's definitely not his strong suit.

Overview:
Marcus was coveted by NFL scouts in his junior year, and very likely would have been a high first-round pick if he had entered the draft. He was named to the first-team All-SEC squad by several media outlets.That guy is a monster, but the pass protection issues would worry me for guy that will go high in the first round. If we could get him at 15 or later he sounds good.

BigChiefFan
11-14-2005, 09:37 PM
That guy is a monster, but the pass protection issues would worry me for guy that will go high in the first round. If we could get him at 15 or later he sounds good.
Without trading up, I can't see us getting the Top 2 rated OTs in the upcoming draft, that's why I went with McNeil. He's a monster and could easily be coached. We have a major need at both tackle positions, McNeil can fill one of those roles, IMO.

Halfcan
11-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Nice post Vlad, I will have to agree with you. Our Offense is horrible this year.

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 09:07 AM
Biggest needs on offense:

OT and WR

Biggest needs on defense:

CB and S

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Guard or RB in the fourth round.

Way too much concentration on one side of the ball, IMO.

1) Shouldn't ever draft a RT in round 1. Go LT here. Address RT in FA if necessary.

2) WR or S.

3) This team is horrible at drafting QB's. Might as well just throw this pick away. Instead, take a WR or S, whichever one you didn't take in the 2nd. I'd look to FA for a young backup QB, maybe Carr will be available...

4) I don't think this team has a need at Guard. Slide Welbourn back in where he belongs and use Bober as a backup. Address the backup RB/FB spot in FA. Draft a CB or D-lineman here.

cdcox
11-15-2005, 09:17 AM
Should be good fullback talent available in round 2.

the Talking Can
11-15-2005, 09:18 AM
strong teams have stong lines - OL and DL- the Chiefs have been blessed with good to great OL's for over a decade...we have to shore up the OL or not much else matters...

we also, sadly, still need a DT

besides QBOTF, which is a total crap shoot, we need, in order, IMHO:

LT
#1 WR
DT
CB
RT
DE
---------------------

some of those players may be on our team (Sampson? Sims/Siavii??) but probably not...I didn't mention OG because I think Welbourne can fill in there...

I think Crap-ho and Parker can fill our #2 and #3 WR spots (fingers crossed) but we still need a true #1 talent...

We need a young CB with #1CB talent and an every down DE to replace Hicks...I like our LBs and LB depth, and am even willing to give Bell a chance though he has been worthless...
we need a backup RB

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 09:24 AM
Should be good fullback talent available in round 2.

IMO, you should never ever draft a fullback on the 1st day of the draft. It's a position that could easily be filled in FA.

Brock
11-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Hardly any of the chiefs offensive line picks have panned out recently, so I'd have to address any of several OL positions in the first round.

It appears that Ryan Sims will never be both motivated and healthy at the same time, so I have to look at a NT in the second. (DE would be tempting, also) Did I mention I'll be running a 3-4?

After that, a luxury pick in the third: QB. You have to keep rolling the dice even when you stink at it.

In the fourth, I want a DE in the Chris Canty mold.

In the fifth, let's see if there is a smart, hard-hitting safety.

I traded my sixth and seventh to move up in the fourth. :p

the Talking Can
11-15-2005, 09:30 AM
Hardly any of the chiefs offensive line picks have panned out recently, so I'd have to address any of several OL positions in the first round.

It appears that Ryan Sims will never be both motivated and healthy at the same time, so I have to look at a NT in the second. (DE would be tempting, also) Did I mention I'll be running a 3-4?

After that, a luxury pick in the third: QB. You have to keep rolling the dice even when you stink at it.

In the fourth, I want a DE in the Chris Canty mold.

In the fifth, let's see if there is a smart, hard-hitting safety.

I traded my sixth and seventh to move up in the fourth. :p

they talked about Dallas' draft last night...Canty/Spears/Ware...all were starting and playing well, we need a jackpot draft like that to cover for our recent shittyness in the drafts

Extra Point
11-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Pick order: 1) Sell the first pick & trade for OT, 2) CB, 3) DE, 4) S, 5) DT. Pick up a QB on waivers.

2007 Draft: 1) Sell the first pick outright and trade for LB, 2) QB, 3) S, 4) FB, 5) TE

I say spread the wealth, concering the first round picks. Too much money gets pissed away on them, and once the signing bonus qualifying time lapses, everybody spits the crud out.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-15-2005, 10:19 AM
What the Hell, the season is a dissappointment thus far
Don't we have a winning record?

cdcox
11-15-2005, 10:32 AM
IMO, you should never ever draft a fullback on the 1st day of the draft. It's a position that could easily be filled in FA.

I agree. Should have ended the post with "/Titus" as I was stealing his schtick. I feel pretty much the same about G, C, and TE, with a few exceptions (like Gonzo).

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 11:17 AM
My error on Surtain.

A good kicker can handle wind, I don't have faith in Tynes yet.Not in Chicago he can't. heheh

Hammock Parties
11-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Biggest needs on offense:

OT and WR

Biggest needs on defense:

CB and S

I disagree. DT is by far the biggest need on defense.

Logical
11-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Don't we have a winning record?That is not the measure of a dissappointing season. We have lost games we should have won Philly and Buffalo and we have performed horribly in two game we lost to division opponents San Diego and Denver. Finally we have done poorly against all playoff caliber opponents. Does not mean the season is over, it just means what it says, thus far the season has been a dissapointment.

Black Jack Savage
11-15-2005, 12:29 PM
We need a DT who is worth a damn along the interior.

More importantly, we need a Tackle hardcore, and immediately after that we need a wide receiver.

I say go after a T in the first round as they are more likely to make an impact immediately and try and draft a WR in round 2. If you don't like what is on the board in round 2 then don't draft a WR at all, go corner, DT, or FS, but either way pick up a WR in free agency. If not, we is f*cked.

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 12:47 PM
For whatever reason, my response to gochiefs didn't post.

I see where people would say we need a DT, but there's 2 things to consider:

1) Sims will be back.

2) We've spent WAY too many picks on DT in the last 5 drafts. We simply can't afford to select another one with all the other needs we have.

Look to get DT depth in FA.

Hammock Parties
11-15-2005, 01:00 PM
That's very true, and we've had fairly good luck with FA DT's.

Plus, Siavii has played better lately.

Lurch
11-15-2005, 01:41 PM
OT, WR, DT, DE, and a CB. Hit on 4 of the 5 and we've rebuilt in one year. Of course, after next year the trend would need to continue with another OT, DT, CB, QBOTF, and FBOTF.....hitting on 4 or 5 of the six. Short of that we are in for a lean year or two. Hopefully a year that will end the Peterson era in KC.

Dunit35
11-15-2005, 02:47 PM
1. LT (FA)
2. WR (Draft possibly)
3. DT (draft possibly)
4. RT (FA)
5. C (reserve)
6. FB (reserve)
7. QBOTF (draft 2-3 round)
8. DE (FA, Draft)
9. CB (hodge)

BigChiefFan
11-15-2005, 02:47 PM
That's very true, and we've had fairly good luck with FA DT's.

Plus, Siavii has played better lately.
Jimmy Wilkerson has done a pretty good as well.

Mr. Laz
11-15-2005, 03:07 PM
dante runs like he doesn't want to get hit

offense:
OT - true left tackle seems to be the only real issue. i think welbourn will be fine at guard. Sampson at right tackle.

WR - same problem for years

Defense:

DE - Allen is pretty good, wilkenson or Hall might be ok at LDE but we can't find out until hicks gets the heck outa the way.

DT - endless blackhole

CB - washington,warfield,McCleon,Sapp should not be in our starting lineup.

safety - neither are playing very well

coaching,coaching,coaching - a team without discipline,motivation and consistency has coaching problems. The lack of ability to adapt is another bad sign.

Dunit35
11-15-2005, 03:10 PM

offense:
OT - true left tackle seems to be the only real issue. i think welbourn will be fine at guard. Sampson at right tackle.

Defense:

DE - Allen is pretty good, wilkenson or Hall might be ok at LDE but we can't find out until hicks gets the heck outa the way.

DT - endless blackhole

coaching,coaching,coaching - a team without discipline,motivation and consistency has coaching problems. The lack of ability to adapt is another bad sign.

No doubt, Dante still hasnt learned the art of running full steam into a gaping hole, instead he triea to dance through it.

DJJasonp
11-15-2005, 03:13 PM
I'll try to be as realistic as possible.......

In the offseason, you sign or trade for the best offensive lineman available.....plus, you pick up one more mid-range, non-expensive O-lineman as well.

Second, you sign or trade for the best available wide receiver.

With most of your FA money now gone...you draft the best available in the first two rounds:
Safety/Cornerback
Pass rushing defensive end

We deal with the quarterback the next year as DeBerg proved to us that we can win with an old QB as long as you have a good o-line and running game (and I think Trent is competitive enough to want to keep playing 2-3 years more). Trent's problems this year is more on the o-line and wide receiving corp than himself.

In year two of this project, you try to trade up and draft the best available QB in the first round and try to get a WR or CB in the second.

Oh....this is all preceded by the firing of Carl Peterson and everyone below him.

Logical
11-15-2005, 06:49 PM

offense:

Defense:

DT - endless blackhole

coaching,coaching,coaching - a team without discipline,motivation and consistency has coaching problems. The lack of ability to adapt is another bad sign.Pretty good summary, but we tend to think alike when it comes to the Chiefs.

CosmicPal
11-15-2005, 07:04 PM
For the 2006 Draft, I'd go for any one or tow of these guys should they be available in the first and second rounds:

Marcus McNeil - T - Auburn

Jimmy Williams - CB - Virginia Tech

Antonio Cromartie - CB - Florida St.

Martin Nance - WR - Miami of Ohio

Omar Jacobs - QB - Bowling Green

Darnell Bing - S - Southern California

We'll need a head coach and there's plenty of assistants out there I would be happy with. Ron Rivera comes to mind.

I'd like to see a list of FA's available next year, but they will most likely have to pick up a couple of WR's.

Lastly, they will need to trade for a QB and I'm with some peeps in that Carr would be a good pick-up. The kid from Tennessee would be my first choice though.

Mecca
11-15-2005, 07:07 PM
For the 2006 Draft, I'd go for any one or tow of these guys should they be available in the first and second rounds:

Marcus McNeil - T - Auburn

Jimmy Williams - CB - Virginia Tech

Antonio Cromartie - CB - Florida St.

Martin Nance - WR - Miami of Ohio

Omar Jacobs - QB - Bowling Green

Darnell Bing - S - Southern California

We'll need a head coach and there's plenty of assistants out there I would be happy with. Ron Rivera comes to mind.

I'd like to see a list of FA's available next year, but they will most likely have to pick up a couple of WR's.

Lastly, they will need to trade for a QB and I'm with some peeps in that Carr would be a good pick-up. The kid from Tennessee would be my first choice though.

Cromartie tore his ACL so he's not coming out to be in this draft. Also with Jimmy Williams do you want him as a corner or a safety? He's not remarkebly fast and he's also 6'3 which is really tall to play corner.

CosmicPal
11-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Cromartie tore his ACL so he's not coming out to be in this draft.

Gawdammit! Why doesn't someone tell me these things before I post...now, I've gotta go back to the fuggen drawning board and figure out other fuggen options...shit. :D

Really? I didn't know that. Well, I'll have to take him off my list.

Also with Jimmy Williams do you want him as a corner or a safety? He's not remarkebly fast and he's also 6'3 which is really tall to play corner.

He can play both, but he's got blazing speed. I believe he ran a 4.4 which is perfectly good for a CB. He's tall, he's fast, and he's a monstrous hitter. If Battle ever gets better, I just see Jimmy and Battle being a nice duo for a few years.

RealSNR
11-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Way too much concentration on one side of the ball, IMO.

1) Shouldn't ever draft a RT in round 1. Go LT here. Address RT in FA if necessary.

2) WR or S.

3) This team is horrible at drafting QB's. Might as well just throw this pick away. Instead, take a WR or S, whichever one you didn't take in the 2nd. I'd look to FA for a young backup QB, maybe Carr will be available...

4) I don't think this team has a need at Guard. Slide Welbourn back in where he belongs and use Bober as a backup. Address the backup RB/FB spot in FA. Draft a CB or D-lineman here.I hear Tim Couch is available

Mecca
11-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Gawdammit! Why doesn't someone tell me these things before I post...now, I've gotta go back to the fuggen drawning board and figure out other fuggen options...shit. :D

Really? I didn't know that. Well, I'll have to take him off my list.

He can play both, but he's got blazing speed. I believe he ran a 4.4 which is perfectly good for a CB. He's tall, he's fast, and he's a monstrous hitter. If Battle ever gets better, I just see Jimmy and Battle being a nice duo for a few years.

Cromartie tore his ACL in practice in August before the college season even started. I think people tend to lose that he hasn't played a down this year because of that.

As far as Williams, he has straight line speed. I'm not sure he has the hips or the quickness to be an NFL corner. This is a really crappy year to be drafting corners, we should probably wait another year on that.

Look at the bright side if the Chiefs are really bad next year, we can get that stud WR from Georgia Tech, Calvin Johnson.

CosmicPal
11-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Cromartie tore his ACL in practice in August before the college season even started. I think people tend to lose that he hasn't played a down this year because of that.

I agree it's a crappy year for CB's. I also really need to keep up with the college football news.

Should Marcus McNeil be available when it comes our time to draft, which I doubt he would be, I'd be elated if KC were to get him.

Mecca- you evidently are keen on the college front- who would you draft in the first couple of rounds as the GM? I'd be interested to know.

Red Dawg
11-15-2005, 07:27 PM
OL and WR are clearly what this team needs anything else will be gravy.

Mecca
11-15-2005, 07:36 PM
I agree it's a crappy year for CB's. I also really need to keep up with the college football news.

Should Marcus McNeil be available when it comes our time to draft, which I doubt he would be, I'd be elated if KC were to get him.

Mecca- you evidently are keen on the college front- who would you draft in the first couple of rounds as the GM? I'd be interested to know.

Well, I think the team needs to be almost completely rebuilt from the bottom up after this year. My draft strategy has always been real simple, take the best players available in each round. You're alot more likely to get contributing players that way than reaching to early for a need.

This is a good year for Left Tackles it's deep. Marcus McNeil is probably going to be on the board when we pick. If Omar Jacobs comes out and lasts till the 2nd round, I'd be taking a serious look at that too.

I think this team needs to get a Left Tackle and a QB of the future in the 2 of the first 3 rounds. That makes sense for the players that are in this draft. After that they should be picking the best players available in each round. With the age of our team we have a ton of holes we can fill with younger players.

RedThat
11-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Most definate we need lineman on both sides of the ball. This years draft we should go all out on both OL and DL.

For OL go with T's. Roaf is on the verge of retirement and isn't getting any healthier. We most definately need an OT that is for sure. I have hope in Sampson, not Black. We are fine at guard, even if Shields retires, Welbourn and Black are both solid at guard. Wiegman still has some years left in him, and Waters is a cornerstone in our line. So yeah go with OT's in this years draft for sure.

On defense, we need to draft DT's. I know we've had a lot of bad luck there in recent drafts, but we gotta keep trying there. Im willing to give Sims another opportunity. He's only played 2 full years really and has been dinged quite a bit. Dalton and Browning are just depth guys along a defensive line and not good quality starters. Eric Hicks must go, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. He is a primary example of an underachieving DE. It'd be nice if we can replace him with a good quality passrusher to compliment Allen. John Abraham would be my guy because he is a free agent this year. He will demand a lot of money no doubt, but, he is worth it. I'd take a chance on him. I doubt the Chiefs will though.

*So these are my moves in the off-season:
-OT
-DT
-DE

*I wouldnt be concerned Chief fans about CB's, WR's, or S. Of course this is just my opinion. Id shift my focus on improving this team from the foundation in, and that is working on both trenches on both sides of the ball.
Right now, the foundation is leaking on this team, and it shows big! Its affecting the overall performance of the team. We need to reconstruct it and everything else will take care of itself.

Oh and hopefully we can get a coach who can understand this too!

Mecca
11-15-2005, 07:57 PM
Safety is one of the positions the Chiefs need to have completely overhauled in the next 2 seasons. If you look at the contracts of the 4 safeties on this roster, Wesley, Knight, Woods, Bartee. We're paying as much as any team in the league for safeties and not getting near the production. Safety is generally a position you can save money on and get production. The Woods and Wesley contracts are 2 of the most boneheaded things this organization has done in the last few years.

CosmicPal
11-15-2005, 08:00 PM
The Woods and Wesley contracts are 2 of the most boneheaded things this organization has done in the last few years.

Add in the fact Warfield is one of the highest paid CBs in the league and it's no wonder we're in deep trouble.

I expect Woods to be gone after this season.

Chiefnj
11-15-2005, 08:01 PM
It's great to talk about the draft, but the reality is that in the first year you usually only get real production out of one guy, two if you are lucky.

If the Chiefs hope to turn things around in the next year or two they have to start by developing some of the talent already on the team. Sims, Siavii, Wilson, Parker, DJ, Hodge, Craphonso, Grisby, Battle, etc. You can't have 3 or 4 draft years without developing a handfull of players each year.

Mid first round players who have impressed me so far (excuse the spelling): McNeil (actually is really mobile for a big guy. Watch when Auburn runs screens. Saunders will salivate over this guy), Martin Nance (WR - Ohio 6-4, 215 lbs, 4.4 40), Tamba Hali (DE Penn State), Elvis Dumervil (DE - Louisville, probably a 3-4 NFL player though), Darnell Bing (S).

Mecca
11-15-2005, 08:41 PM
It's great to talk about the draft, but the reality is that in the first year you usually only get real production out of one guy, two if you are lucky.

If the Chiefs hope to turn things around in the next year or two they have to start by developing some of the talent already on the team. Sims, Siavii, Wilson, Parker, DJ, Hodge, Craphonso, Grisby, Battle, etc. You can't have 3 or 4 draft years without developing a handfull of players each year.

Mid first round players who have impressed me so far (excuse the spelling): McNeil (actually is really mobile for a big guy. Watch when Auburn runs screens. Saunders will salivate over this guy), Martin Nance (WR - Ohio 6-4, 215 lbs, 4.4 40), Tamba Hali (DE Penn State), Elvis Dumervil (DE - Louisville, probably a 3-4 NFL player though), Darnell Bing (S).

You've been conditioned by watching the Chiefs far to long on this view. You're first day picks should be productive players in thier first year. If you have a really good draft you could possibly get 4 or 5 guys be productive early on.

Chiefnj
11-15-2005, 10:17 PM
You've been conditioned by watching the Chiefs far to long on this view. You're first day picks should be productive players in thier first year. If you have a really good draft you could possibly get 4 or 5 guys be productive early on.

Unless you have multiple first round picks like Dallas this year, it takes time to develop players.