PDA

View Full Version : SAM HOUSTON STATE???

Mr. Laz
11-15-2005, 11:32 AM
http://img347.exs.cx/img347/5349/cartoonghost9hw.gif

http://img347.exs.cx/img347/8214/hysterical3iz3oc.gif

sedated
11-15-2005, 11:36 AM
hahahahahaha.

Another brutally disappointing year for the tiggers, which is tough because they had ZERO expectations

David.
11-15-2005, 11:41 AM
great thread.

:spock:

RealSNR
11-15-2005, 12:10 PM
great thread.

:spock:Great basketball team ROFL

sondevil
11-15-2005, 12:52 PM
Bucknell.

Just because.

Mr. Laz
11-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Bucknell
i know Bucknell sir and houston state is no Bucknell

:p

Dunit35
11-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Snyder is going to be gone. It wouldnt surprise me if hes gone before seasons end.

Jmart
11-15-2005, 01:15 PM
This is funny because it reminds me of my buddy who used to go there and play basketball. He was telling me a story about how he was covering Chris Jackson and the dude scored 30 points on him. About a decade and a half later my buddy was getting is two year AA degree and that was about the same time Jackson was retiring from the NBA. Now that's dedication!

way2kalm
11-15-2005, 01:24 PM
i know Bucknell sir and houston state is no Bucknell

I'm no MU fan BUT, I have heard of Sam Houston State before the Tigers lost to them last night. I have never in my life heard of Bucknell. I didn't even know such a place existed until they whooped KU's ass.

MU can loose every game this season, but none of those losses, even a first round exit from the NIT(pre or post season) is as bad as a national basketball power house losing to a school none of us had ever heard of. With that said, have a little fun, but don't laugh TOO hard KU fan.

sedated
11-15-2005, 01:35 PM
Bucknell.

The tiggers could only DREAM of losing in the first round of the NCAA.

You have to qualify first

(and losing in the first round of the NIT doesn't count)

sondevil
11-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Dare to dream.

Someday you too can lose in the first round to a team we have never heard of.

gblowfish
11-15-2005, 02:04 PM
Southland Conference Pre-Season Freshman of the Year Ryan Bright (pictured below) was just too awesome for the Tigers to overcome. Still, they came within 3 points of upsetting the basketball juggernaut that is Sam Houston State!

Mizzou refuses to schedule creampuffs, yep.

way2kalm
11-15-2005, 02:16 PM
The tiggers could only DREAM of losing in the first round of the NCAA.

You have to qualify first

That's what makes it so bad. KU was on it's way to a national championship before a school that no one in this part of the country has heard of, ever, beat them. I know that atleast Bucknell was in the big dance, but the only reason they were there is because they won a title in the Patriot League, a real college power house.

If UMKC makes it to the NCAA tourney, do you think that they have a chance in hell of beating a team like Arizona or North Carolina? Hell no! My point is, MU is a much better team than Bucknell and if they played in a weaker conference, they'd be in the toruney every year.

With all of that said, MU is the better team in a rougher conference. So, KU lost to a team that is much, much worse than MU.

The joke is still on Kansas. By the way, nice Educational decision the Kansas School Board made last week.

duncan_idaho
11-15-2005, 02:23 PM
gblowfish,

It was the first round of the pre-season NIT, an attempt to improve that strength of schedule outside the conference...

But that makes the loss by no means less pathetic. Snyder is reaping the benefits of whiffing entirely on the recruiting class following Johnson/Paulding/Bryant... that class led to a small class the following two seasons (McKinney and Young; Gardner).

Snyder doesn't lose his job in midseason unless something really bad breaks in the middle of the year... after MU fails to earn a tourney bid, however... that's a different story.

The sad thing is, it looks as if he's finally improving as a coach... and bringing in players who can succeed in the Duke-style system he wants to run.

schneider221
11-15-2005, 02:26 PM
yes missouri fans keep talking bucknell smack but do we need to remind them how they keep losing to teams that bucknell could probably beat.... lets take a look at the teams MU has lost to in the last couple of years.... remember atleast 2 of these were AT HOME

Belmont(who?)
Winthrop
Davidson
and now Sam Houston State

Brock
11-15-2005, 02:32 PM
With all of that said, MU is the better team in a rougher conference. So, KU lost to a team that is much, much worse than MU.

The joke is still on Kansas. By the way, nice Educational decision the Kansas School Board made last week.

That is one of the funniest cases of twisted logic I've ever seen.

cmh6476
11-15-2005, 02:33 PM
That's what makes it so bad. KU was on it's way to a national championship before a school that no one in this part of the country has heard of, ever, beat them. I know that atleast Bucknell was in the big dance, but the only reason they were there is because they won a title in the Patriot League, a real college power house.

If UMKC makes it to the NCAA tourney, do you think that they have a chance in hell of beating a team like Arizona or North Carolina? Hell no! My point is, MU is a much better team than Bucknell and if they played in a weaker conference, they'd be in the toruney every year.

that was roy's team, HTH

You know the truly sad part is, KU fans wish MU would be good cause we'd like more credibility in the conference :deevee:

HemiEd
11-15-2005, 02:33 PM
ROFL

ChiefsFanatic
11-15-2005, 02:39 PM
http://img347.exs.cx/img347/5349/cartoonghost9hw.gif

http://img347.exs.cx/img347/8214/hysterical3iz3oc.gif

I am a huge KU fan, but I think I will wait for this young KU team to do something before rubbing something like that in their face. I would much rather lose to SHS at the start of the year, instead of Bucknell in the tournament.

Having said that, boy, Quin's hair sure did look good. At least he has that going for him.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-15-2005, 02:40 PM
As a diehard Jayhawk fan I think it'll be a while before I make fun of another team losing to anyone other the the girl scouts after Bucknell.

way2kalm
11-15-2005, 02:42 PM
I am a huge KU fan, but I think I will wait for this young KU team to do something before rubbing something like that in their face. I would much rather lose to SHS at the start of the year, instead of Bucknell in the tournament.

Having said that, boy, Quin's hair sure did look good. At least he has that going for him.

Thank You! My point has been heard!

Pitt Gorilla
11-15-2005, 02:43 PM
As a diehard Jayhawk fan I think it'll be a while before I make fun of another team losing to anyone other the the girl scouts after Bucknell.Eh, MU sucks. Enjoy.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Eh, MU sucks. Enjoy.
I do enjoy that MU sucks but I also know paybacks are a bitch.

Mr. Laz
11-15-2005, 02:45 PM

As a diehard Jayhawk fan I think it'll be a while before I make fun of another team losing to anyone other the the girl scouts after Bucknell.
just a little harmless tigger teasing...

you really think if we DON'T tease MU now it will make any difference the next time they get a chance to take a shot???

i think not

Mark M
11-15-2005, 02:46 PM
As an alum of what is now known as Missouri State, let me just say ...

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Sorry ... but the shit MU put my school through just to change a name has put the Tiggers on my "to root against" list.

MM
~~:spank:

Pitt Gorilla
11-15-2005, 02:48 PM
As an alum of what is now known as Missouri State, let me just say ...

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Sorry ... but the shit MU put my school through just to change a name has put the Tiggers on my "to root against" list.

MM
~~:spank:I could honestly care less about your school's name. I do find it odd that they would want a name that has already been used (by MU). You do know the history of Mizzou, don't you?

duncan_idaho
11-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Mark M,

I would say the exact same thing about SMS.

I used to root for them... but the whole 'we don't want more money, we just want to change our name' b.s. on top of Blunt threatening to withhold money from MU if they didn't support the name change changed that.

way2kalm
11-15-2005, 02:51 PM
that was roy's team, HTH

You know the truly sad part is, KU fans wish MU would be good cause we'd like more credibility in the conference :deevee:

The shear arrogance of KU fan never ceases to amaze me. KU is good, they have a very rich basketball history and a program to be very proud of, but that's no reason to have your nose to high in the air.

Some of these post are probably coming from the same people that thought KU would go down to Austin last week and beat Texas.

Be proud, not arrogant.

Saulbadguy
11-15-2005, 02:51 PM
**** UMKC.

Yes, i'm still bitter.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-15-2005, 02:53 PM

you really think if we DON'T tease MU now it will make any difference the next time they get a chance to take a shot???

i think not
Yea... I know, it's cool. I just want to remove my name from the list of people being pointed and laughed at later. I'm a wimp like that.

Mr. Laz
11-15-2005, 02:53 PM
The shear arrogance of KU fan never ceases to amaze me. KU is good, they have a very rich basketball history and a program to be very proud of, but that's no reason to have your nose to high in the air.

Some of these post are probably coming from the same people that thought KU would go down to Austin last week and beat Texas.

Be proud, not arrogant.
if your gonna be a mouthy Noob then you need to fess up about who your team is.

:spank:

sedated
11-15-2005, 02:56 PM
MU fans are so pathetic.

They think they can put their school in the same breathe as Kansas.

Sorry guys, you suck.

Mark M
11-15-2005, 03:01 PM
I could honestly care less about your school's name. I do find it odd that they would want a name that has already been used (by MU). You do know the history of Mizzou, don't you?

I wasn't asking you to care. :p

And yes, I'm aware of MU's history. But if you can tell me how a name they haven't used in decades is still theirs I'd love to hear it. Last I checked, they didn't have a copyright or trademark on it. They just didn't want any competition, whether real or imaginary.

Hell, I don't know what they're afraid of -- there are high school teams that could beat the Bears in football, and SMS has been Div. 1 in basketball for a while and haven't really done squat. The only real competition is in women's basketball.

I also doubt that enough $$ will suddenly be diverted and make MU go bankrupt.

Now, I will have to say that Blunt's actions were ricockulous in the whole matter. I just find it pathetic that it had to come to that.

MM
~~:shrug:

Lzen
11-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Don't you guys get it? Laz (and other KU fans) are making fun of Mizzou and their fans because of all the flack we took over the Bucknell loss. This is just payback for all the $hit that spewed from their mouths.

And I don't care what stupid logic they try to use. Bucknell was in the NCAA tournament for a reason. That's the funny thing about the tourney. On any given day, there can be an upset. KU didn't play their best game (especially Giddens who absolutely sucked) and Self didn't coach a good game. Bucknell played the best game they could have and the result was an upset. Hey, it's not like it was the first time that has happened to a 3 seed. Even 2 seeds have been knocked off in the first round.

And for that person that said something about KU was on their way to a national title, I say :rolleyes: You obviously didn't watch the Jayhawks down the stretch last season. They looked like anything but a national contender.

DJJasonp
11-15-2005, 03:02 PM

I would rather win 20+ games every year and get upset in the first round of the tourney.....rather than losing to Sam Houston State in the first round of the pre-season NIT.

The sting of unfulfilled potential (last year's KU team) cant sting as bad as A) not making the tourney or NIT or B) having low enough expectations that you MU fans try to relate this to the Bucknell loss.

I'm not sure which is more sad. Throw in the fact that you have a coach who cant coach or recruit........sad days for MU fans.

Lzen
11-15-2005, 03:02 PM

i think not

Precisely.

Lurch
11-15-2005, 03:04 PM
KU fans now have a response when Tiger fans yell "Bucknell!"

Sully
11-15-2005, 03:08 PM
And for that person that said something about KU was on their way to a national title, I say :rolleyes: You obviously didn't watch the Jayhawks down the stretch last season. They looked like anything but a national contender.

Absolutely true... I mean, they lost to Mizzou for Christ's sake!!!

Pitt Gorilla
11-15-2005, 03:21 PM
And yes, I'm aware of MU's history. But if you can tell me how a name they haven't used in decades is still theirs I'd love to hear it. Last I checked, they didn't have a copyright or trademark on it. They just didn't want any competition, whether real or imaginary. I honestly don't care about the name. I just thought the whole thing reeked of little man syndrome. I do have a colleague at Missouri Southern who says there are minor rumblings about changing their name, again. One thought: Southwest Missouri State Univeristy.

sedated
11-15-2005, 03:24 PM
KU fans now have a response when Tiger fans yell "Bucknell!"

We already did: Davidson, Belmont, NIT, Troy State, New Mexico State, Mizzou sucks and will always suck at everything (except sucking)

way2kalm
11-15-2005, 03:25 PM
if your gonna be a mouthy Noob then you need to fess up about who your team is.

:spank:

I Honestly am not a big college sports follower. I liked the Noles (football) back in the day Charlie Ward played for them, but that about it. I cheer for the local teams MU, KU, and K-State. More often than not, I pick the underdog and root for them. I'm a pro football follower, and there should be no question on who may favorite team is.

Extra Point
11-15-2005, 03:28 PM
**** UMKC.

Yes, i'm still bitter.

Bitter about what?

Spott
11-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Damn, I didn't even know college basketball season had started. Oh well, another disappointing basketball season will follow this disappointing football season. Then after that, we have the Royals to look forward to. :shake:

ChiefsFanatic
11-15-2005, 03:48 PM

i think not

I know, but I really feel sorry for MU fans. I have many friends that root for MU. It is just a shame that they have to be subjected to such coaching imcompetence. I mean, how unfair is it that they have never been to a Final Four. They deserve a coach who can actually coach, because they deserve.............Alright, I could almost get through typing that with a straight face.

Long live Quin.

ChiefsFanatic
11-15-2005, 03:50 PM
**** UMKC.

Yes, i'm still bitter.

I normally don't get that into beating K-State (in BB) because they are almost never a threat. When you have never beaten your rival in your current home building, it really hurts the rivalry.

However, I think the loss you are referring to is the worst loss in Big 12 history, and I would only revel in it if it had happened to MU.

Mark M
11-15-2005, 03:54 PM
I honestly don't care about the name. I just thought the whole thing reeked of little man syndrome. I do have a colleague at Missouri Southern who says there are minor rumblings about changing their name, again. One thought: Southwest Missouri State Univeristy.

I'd be good with that.

MM
~~:shrug:

DJay23
11-15-2005, 04:08 PM

I live a half an hour from the Bucknell campus so I have heard of them, and in fact am all too familiar with them, and trust me, Bucknell could beat Mizzou.

Lzen
11-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Does anyone else see the conflict with these 2 statements?

I Honestly am not a big college sports follower.....

With all of that said, MU is the better team in a rougher conference. So, KU lost to a team that is much, much worse than MU.....

gblowfish
11-15-2005, 04:41 PM
gblowfish,

It was the first round of the pre-season NIT, an attempt to improve that strength of schedule outside the conference...

But that makes the loss by no means less pathetic. Snyder is reaping the benefits of whiffing entirely on the recruiting class following Johnson/Paulding/Bryant... that class led to a small class the following two seasons (McKinney and Young; Gardner).

Snyder doesn't lose his job in midseason unless something really bad breaks in the middle of the year... after MU fails to earn a tourney bid, however... that's a different story.

The sad thing is, it looks as if he's finally improving as a coach... and bringing in players who can succeed in the Duke-style system he wants to run. I blame it all on too many Crackers in the Athletic Dept.

Did I say that out loud?

sedated
11-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Finally improving????

Quin's gotten worse every year.

What about losing the home openner to Sam Houston State says "improving"?

duncan_idaho
11-15-2005, 04:45 PM
I blame it on Quin being a young, inexperienced cokehead who wasn't ready for a job in a power conference...

fing BIll Laurie... it's not enough that the man is an alcoholic bastard who constantly drives drunk... but he is the reason Alden didn't hire the guy he REALLY wanted at Mizzou... Bill Self.

Saulbadguy
11-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Bitter about what?
2003, vs Kansas State. 41 point loss to ****in UMKC. Very embarassing.

Skip Towne
11-15-2005, 07:24 PM
Don't you guys get it? Laz (and other KU fans) are making fun of Mizzou and their fans because of all the flack we took over the Bucknell loss. This is just payback for all the $hit that spewed from their mouths.

And I don't care what stupid logic they try to use. Bucknell was in the NCAA tournament for a reason. That's the funny thing about the tourney. On any given day, there can be an upset. KU didn't play their best game (especially Giddens who absolutely sucked) and Self didn't coach a good game. Bucknell played the best game they could have and the result was an upset. Hey, it's not like it was the first time that has happened to a 3 seed. Even 2 seeds have been knocked off in the first round.

Giddens didn't play in the Bucknell game. He went to the NBA the year before.

CoMoChief
11-15-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm no MU fan BUT, I have heard of Sam Houston State before the Tigers lost to them last night. I have never in my life heard of Bucknell. I didn't even know such a place existed until they whooped KU's ass.

MU can loose every game this season, but none of those losses, even a first round exit from the NIT(pre or post season) is as bad as a national basketball power house losing to a school none of us had ever heard of. With that said, have a little fun, but don't laugh TOO hard KU fan.

With that being said, upsets happen all the time in the NCAA tourney, especially in the 1st round. Granted that KU choked big time in the national spotlight, but losing to a shitty ass team that you're supposed to beat at HOME to boost the level of confidence for a young team at the beginning of the season is rediculous. Quin had all the talent in the world 2003 and still could not get it done and if I remember correctly the Tigers barely made it into the NCAA tourney that season. Quin needs to be fired. I seriously don't see anyone with any reputation of being a good or decent coach coming to Columbia to coach a team thats in the position they're in as far as recruiting goes, except maybe Larry Eustachey (LOL). What has MU ever done besides beat KU on some occasions? I think MU holds the NCAA division 1 record for most tournament appearances without ever advancing to a final four. Way to set your standards high Mizzou!!! MU looks to beat KU every season as KU looks to be a National Champion.

CoMoChief
11-15-2005, 08:43 PM
With that being said, upsets happen all the time in the NCAA tourney, especially in the 1st round. Granted that KU choked big time in the national spotlight, but losing to a shitty ass team that you're supposed to beat at HOME to boost the level of confidence for a young team at the beginning of the season is rediculous. Quin had all the talent in the world 2003 and still could not get it done and if I remember correctly the Tigers barely made it into the NCAA tourney that season. Quin needs to be fired. I seriously don't see anyone with any reputation of being a good or decent coach coming to Columbia to coach a team thats in the position they're in as far as recruiting goes, except maybe Larry Eustachey (LOL). What has MU ever done besides beat KU on some occasions? I think MU holds the NCAA division 1 record for most tournament appearances without ever advancing to a final four. Way to set your standards high Mizzou!!! MU looks to beat KU every season as KU looks to be a National Champion.

Nevermind I correct myself, MU in 2003 lost in the first round of the NIT to a shitty Michigan team. M-I-Z-Z-O-U!!!! pfffffffffffffffffff!!!!

Shootr
11-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Giddens didn't play in the Bucknell game. He went to the NBA the year before.
:spock:

Dave Lane
11-15-2005, 09:16 PM
I blame it on Quin being a young, inexperienced cokehead who wasn't ready for a job in a power conference...

fing BIll Laurie... it's not enough that the man is an alcoholic bastard who constantly drives drunk... but he is the reason Alden didn't hire the guy he REALLY wanted at Mizzou... Bill Self.

Thank god that didn't happen! I love Quinn Synder his hair, his coaching decisions, his well... ummm.. his hair!

Dave

Skip Towne
11-15-2005, 09:37 PM
What's NOT to like about Snyder?

Pitt Gorilla
11-15-2005, 10:15 PM
We already did: Davidson, Belmont, NIT, Troy State, New Mexico State, Mizzou sucks and will always suck at everything (except sucking)Volleyball, baseball, swimming, and track are all pretty good.

ChiefsFanatic
11-15-2005, 10:19 PM
MU looks to beat KU every season as KU looks to be a National Champion.

That really is the case. I have been a KU basketball fan since 1986. I watched my first college basketball game that year, MU against KU. My father rooted for MU, so I rooted for KU. I have been a fan ever since.

Every year I gauge how well we will do nationally. My friends that are MU fans usually only care about how they do against KU. I used to love it when KU and MU were both ranked highly, but since Quin has arrived that has not been very often.

Snyder can't coach at all. At best, he is a sideline cheerleader during the game. He also had a great rep as a solid recruiter, but I have not seen that either. In 3 years, Self has demolished MU in recruiting.

MU needs a solid COACH, who can recruit and who can hire better recruiters. But most of all, they need a coach who can coach.

Long live Quin (at least at MU or any other Big 12 school, except KU)

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Southland Conference Pre-Season Freshman of the Year Ryan Bright (pictured below) was just too awesome for the Tigers to overcome. Still, they came within 3 points of upsetting the basketball juggernaut that is Sam Houston State!

Mizzou refuses to schedule creampuffs, yep.They didn't get to pick their games.

What baffles me is how #12 Memphis, #15 Alabama, and 2005 Sweet 16 team UW-Milwaukee can get thrown into the same bunch, with Milwaukee having to go on the road (eventually losing by 27 to Memphis, natch, 5 starting seniors notwithstanding) in the first round, while Drexel is given a home game and will now host mighty Sam Houston State for the honor of making it to the Garden. How on earth did Mizzou get what amounted to higher billing than Memphis or Alabama, and why didn't UW-Milwaukee get to play a home game?

BTAU
11-16-2005, 01:35 AM
I believe this answers all questions about who is better between Sam Houston State and Bucknell. This is from the latest AP top 25 poll.

Others Receiving Votes: Texas Tech 128, Washington 117, Kansas 70, N.C. State 67, Ohio St. 52, LSU 47, Georgetown 43, Charlotte 38, North Carolina 36, Wisconsin 35, N. Iowa 26, Michigan 20, Old Dominion 15, Miami 14, Oklahoma St. 10, Ohio 6, Bucknell 5, Arkansas 3, Cincinnati 3, Florida 3, S. Illinois 3, Utah St. 2, Wis.-Milwaukee 2, Harvard 1, Hawaii 1, Houston

Top 25 Poll (http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/polls/ap)