PDA

View Full Version : Vermeil Press Conference, texans week.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Vermiel PC coming up.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Vermiel and Carl must be comparing notes...running 10 minutes late so far. "remember dick, you've still not talked to Priest Holmes"

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Texans week, put Buffalo behind them.

Losing the first game of the 2nd half is tough.
knows staff is doing a good job and players will be back tomorrow.

Knows players will play with great effort, but so will Texans.

Knows his squad pretty well and knows how they'll respond. Playing the toughest schedule in the NFL...Texans that is.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Texans have been drafting very high for a few years. Respects Dom Capers, Knows the Texans have some fine football players, regardless of their W-L record.

The Chiefs have Got to believe they are better than they are, have to get healthy.

Chances are that they'll get Sammy Parker back, which will give them some speed back at WR.

8 teams with 5-4 record in conference

Houston beat them last year, not looking down their noses at anyone.

Understand their(chief) problems more after this loss, than after win vs Raiders.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Loss brings more focus on evaluation than wins.
Houston won't make it any easier on them(chiefs).

Chiefs have got to be more successful from here out. If not, starting sunday dig a deeper hole in playoff race. Have to figure out how to win on the road, and play tougher at home.

Questions.

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 12:05 PM
I am so sick of the platitudes. DV, hey bitch, your guys sucked on Sunday, an embarrassment to the City, they borderline quit playing football.

What are you going to do about it?

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 12:07 PM
something about Larry Johnson?

A. offense has been extremely successful, and is #9 right now. Doesn't know how many games he's coached?
(this was tough to hear)

"What I have learned is this, you have to be careful when talking to RBs about what they should have done, or cuts they should have made"

Larry for the most part, is doing a good job of reading his blocks and knowing where to go.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Jordan Black

No more of a liability than anyone else....Situations make it tougher on young linemen(black and welbourne)...3rd and 9.

NO, will not be playing Shields or Dunn at LT..."how much do you know about football? Dunn is not interested in doing that"

LT is very difficult. Even top draft picks take time. Every pass rusher, every week is different. Complicated and difficult.

When player needs help, coaches must figure out how to help them, without limiting the offense.

Chiefs are Spoiled with past Oline. thinks black has done some good things. Played well, played RT et al.

Jordan Black at LT, most problems came with 9minutes in game, when the Def was bringing the house.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 12:11 PM
thinks roaf is Questionable. Will know more tomorrow. Every hamstring injury is different.
Aggrivated the old injury.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Evaluate pass protections every week. Buffalo had 2 very good rushers.

Texans are different problem....3-4 with stand up OLBs

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 12:13 PM
Don't use excuses about Tackles....they've won games with all these guys at tackles.

It does cause extra work for Al Saunders and Mike Solari. We're just being spoiled from past Offensive lines.

it does affect play calling...must adjust to find plays that work, that Qb has time....also use protections vs different blitz schemes. its very sophisticated.

jynni
11-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Jordan Black

No more of a liability than anyone else....Situations make it tougher on young linemen(black and welbourne)...3rd and 9.
Huh???

Is Black somehow related to McCleon?

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 12:15 PM
He blasted Bob Fescoe. I could hear the question about Jason Dunn, it was Fescoe...

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 12:15 PM
got pissy about questions about him coming back..."not commenting" If we're winning, he'll have a decision to make...if not, he's gone."

"i'm not satisfied where we are right now"

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 12:17 PM
asked about fights.

Defensive line, particularly Dalton played well...they aren't playing powder puff. Hicks was tossed for trying to break a fight up. tied in with frustration and losing football games.

Dv talks about this stuff all the time....has talked to Hicks, not Dalton. Said Hicks approached him to appologise and said "coach I'm sorry, but I was just trying to pull them off"

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Giving Bill Snyder and KSU a reach-around

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Always tells young coaches not to base their self worth, about their coaching ability based solely on W/L records.

Its what drove him out of coaching in 82. All his self esteme was based on winning...

have to love the passion of the game, the adversity, the toughness..very few understand(outside the guys in Iraq).

Isn't happy about loss last week, but its his roll to move on, get everyone back up and prepare...quotes offensive accomplishments the last 3 years, the defense is getting better.

Too many "doom and gloomers" for the HC to do it.

Hammock Parties
11-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Dunn at LT. :rolleyes:

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Priest was in the building yesterday....he's "down"..loves to play football. Neither He, nor Vermeil expexted he'd be down for year. Everyone is down about Holmes.."he's an institution here" "he wants to play, he'd play tomorrow if he could sneak in"

Green is bruised, but fine.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 12:25 PM
thats all I got.

Dunit35
11-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Good I was hoping they wouldnt try Shields at LT.

ROYC75
11-15-2005, 12:30 PM
When is Sampson going to be ready to play at RT ?

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 12:33 PM
Dunn at LT. :rolleyes:

Yep. No sooner than Fescoe asked, Vermeil said "You don't know much about football..."

Molitoth
Vermeil was asked about what he thought of LJ's comments about playing "Cute" football this morning on 810. Vermeil retaliated with another snide remark about how many games LJ has coached.

810 is reporting they have another interview with LJ tonight and they are going to ask him about Vermeils remarks.

If 810 keeps this up, we are going to have a really disrupted team and shit is going to hit the fan. (Things can get worse).
Hey maybe we can try and run our Running back of the future out of town. GET A F*CKING CLUE MEDIA.

Dunit35
When is Sampson going to be ready to play at RT ?

Good question? I wonder what is going on there.

Dunit35
11-15-2005, 12:35 PM
Vermeil was asked about what he thought of LJ's comments about playing "Cute" football this morning on 810. Vermeil retaliated with another snide remark about how many games LJ has coached.

810 is reporting they have another interview with LJ tonight and they are going to ask him about Vermeils remarks.

If 810 keeps this up, we are going to have a really disrupted team and shit is going to hit the fan. (Things can get worse).
Hey maybe we can try and run our Running back of the future out of town. GET A F*CKING CLUE MEDIA.

F**king Media is trying to ruin this team. Vermiel is gone after this year and LJ knows it.

Pants
11-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Huh???

Is Black somehow related to McCleon?

Yeah, he plays for the Chiefs. It's not that hard people. Coaches don't talk shit on their players in public, how many times does it have to be said.

jynni
11-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Yeah, he plays for the Chiefs. It's not that hard people. Coaches don't talk shit on their players in public, how many times does it have to be said.
Unless that player happens to be Larry Johnson...

RedandGold
11-15-2005, 12:44 PM

...or a kicker

Rausch
11-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Yep. No sooner than Fescoe asked, Vermeil said "You don't know much about football..."

I guess that'd be an upside to Herm being here.

At least the PC's would be enjoyable... :)

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Sampson supposedly had a near-death experience. My guess is he won't play again this year.

Pants
11-15-2005, 12:48 PM

Are you alluding to the diaper comment which was blown up by the media out of proportions? Because if you're, I guarantee you Vermiel didn't mean it as a knock on LJ, it's just the way he talks about young players.

sedated
11-15-2005, 12:50 PM
thinks roaf is Questionable. Will know more tomorrow.

This is the new era of NFL injuries.

Unless a player is out for the year, he will be questionable every week, then made inactive on gameday.

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Priest was in the building yesterday....he's "down"..loves to play football. Neither He, nor Vermeil expexted he'd be down for year. Everyone is down about Holmes.."he's an institution here" "he wants to play, he'd play tomorrow if he could sneak in"

Green is bruised, but fine.PRIEST HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!!

Coogs
11-15-2005, 12:58 PM

I'm not buying all of this. IIRC, Holmes was supposed to be re-evaluated in 30 days. That is 4 football games. That still leaves 4 games left in the regular season. Why the rush to put him on IR, and make him mot able to play the rest of the season if he is to maybe be cleared in 30 days (more like 20 days now)? Doesn't add up for me.

Dunit35
11-15-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm not buying all of this. IIRC, Holmes was supposed to be re-evaluated in 30 days. That is 4 football games. That still leaves 4 games left in the regular season. Why the rush to put him on IR, and make him mot able to play the rest of the season if he is to maybe be cleared in 30 days (more like 20 days now)? Doesn't add up for me.

Yea, I think they are wanting LJ to take over.

brent102fire
11-15-2005, 01:04 PM
I am actually sick of :deevee: and his press conferences. He should tape one after a win and one after a loss at the begining of the season. Then, he can play the appropriate one each week during the season depending on whether they win or loose. He says the same #%*& every week... :cuss: :banghead: :mad: :( :# :shake:

jspchief
11-15-2005, 01:04 PM
The offense isn't that bad, we're just spoiled. :rolleyes:

That must be the 2005 version of "We've got to do a better job coaching".

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 01:06 PM

My guess:

Peterson wanted Holmes on IR. Vermeil didn't.

CoMoChief
11-15-2005, 01:09 PM
asked about fights.

Defensive line, particularly Dalton played well...they aren't playing powder puff. Hicks was tossed for trying to break a fight up. tied in with frustration and losing football games.

Dv talks about this stuff all the time....has talked to Hicks, not Dalton. Said Hicks approached him to appologise and said "coach I'm sorry, but I was just trying to pull them off"

What a ****ing pussy. First of all when I would come back to the bench I wouldnt say a damn thing to any of the coaches. Football is a contact sport and in any contact sport, tempers are gonna flare at times and emotions will take a toll on some people. Maybe thats the reason why coaches like Hicks is because he sucks their dick all season long. Apologize?!?!?! Jesus Christ Hicks, grow some ****in balls.

jspchief
11-15-2005, 01:09 PM
My guess:

Peterson wanted Holmes on IR. Vermeil didn't.Yup. He did all but come out and say that in the press conference.

Maybe CP was wanting LJ on the field more and Vermeil was loyal to Holmes?

stevieray
11-15-2005, 01:10 PM
ROFL

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Yup. He did all but come out and say that in the press conference.

Probably.

Dunit35
11-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Yup. He did all but come out and say that in the press conference.

CP knows the tide was turning on who was the #1 back and he knows LJ is the future and doesnt want to piss him off anymore or hes going to have a tough time getting him to stay in KC.

Eleazar
11-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Fescoe is a dumbass.

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 01:29 PM
CP knows the tide was turning on who was the #1 back and he knows LJ is the future and doesnt want to piss him off anymore or hes going to have a tough time getting him to stay in KC.

Can't say that I blame him.

Who do you placate -- the 25-year-old RB that could be the cornerstone of your offense for the next 4 or 5 years? Or the flighty, 60-something coach that is about 90% sure he's gonna retire after this year?

Hammock Parties
11-15-2005, 01:30 PM
My guess:

Peterson wanted Holmes on IR. Vermeil didn't.

That's my guess. Peterson has to be kind of pissed at Holmes being injured all the time after he gave him that big contract.

Holmes and Vermeil would have wanted Holmes to be the starter had Priest come back after 4 games.

With LJ turning in 178-total yard games, that would just be asking for a shitstorm.

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 01:41 PM
Can't say that I blame him.

Who do you placate -- the 25-year-old RB that could be the cornerstone of your offense for the next 4 or 5 years? Or the flighty, 60-something coach that is about 90% sure he's gonna retire after this year?Which stock to you sell and which one do you keep? Sounds like a cost benefit analysis there ht.

Risk assesment, its a lot like picking stocks.

ChiefsOne
11-15-2005, 01:42 PM
BSPimpDude What a ****ing pussy. First of all when I would come back to the bench I wouldnt say a damn thing to any of the coaches. Football is a contact sport and in any contact sport, tempers are gonna flare at times and emotions will take a toll on some people. Maybe thats the reason why coaches like Hicks is because he sucks their dick all season long. Apologize?!?!?! Jesus Christ Hicks, grow some ****in balls.

Bull$h!t Pimpdude, I figure Hicks has some balls or he wouldn't have done anything. He was just showing respect to his coaches, saying sorry for digging us a deeper hole with the penality.

Rausch
11-15-2005, 01:43 PM
That's my guess. Peterson has to be kind of pissed at Holmes being injured all the time after he gave him that big contract.

Holmes and Vermeil would have wanted Holmes to be the starter had Priest come back after 4 games.

With LJ turning in 178-total yard games, that would just be asking for a shitstorm.

And I wouldn't put it past CP to ask Holmes to take a paycut or retire if he can get the same or better production out of a cheaper RB...

BigRedChief
11-15-2005, 01:46 PM

Jeeezzzzz blame the media. Is the media answering the friggin question? Just say no comment. I'm just concentrating on the Texans, I don't focus on that stuff. and a whole bunch of other pc canned chit we hear daily.

It's their job to ask.

BigRedChief
11-15-2005, 01:47 PM
And I wouldn't put it past CP to ask Holmes to take a paycut or retire if he can get the same or better production out of a cheaper RB...

One problem with that........Priest will never play another down for the Chiefs.

Rausch
11-15-2005, 01:51 PM
One problem with that........Priest will never play another down for the Chiefs.

So how would Peterson asking Priest to retire conflict with that belief? :hmmm:

CupidStunt
11-15-2005, 01:53 PM
F*cking bitch azz excuses. That's all he does.

Look you old git, your team just stunk the f*cking place out -- what are you gonna do?

CHEW SOMEONE OUT! Stop fugging making excuses for them.

God I hate this twit.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Personally, If Vermeil were really worried about being the consumate professional, he wouldn't have taken the petty slaps he did today.

now, I'll wager we can count on an LJ rebuttal.

Rausch
11-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Personally, If Vermeil were really worried about being the consumate professional, he wouldn't have taken the petty slaps he did today.

now, I'll wager we can count on an LJ rebuttal.

What'd he say about LJ?...

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Which stock to you sell and which one do you keep? Sounds like a cost benefit analysis there ht.

Risk assesment, its a lot like picking stocks.

Um, with stocks you wait until they reach their peak value and then you sell them, taking the dividends and investing them in lesser-priced stocks that have the potential to appreciate.

If you did that in football, you'd never succeed. You NEVER trade a player while at their peak value - you use them to WIN GAMES. You trade players that have passed their peak value -- ie. Priest Holmes, not Larry Johnson.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 01:56 PM
just the little "how many NFL games has he coached" for starters.

Vermeil was pissy in this PC and made a couple of snide comments you might expect from iowanian, but not an NFL Coach.

CupidStunt
11-15-2005, 02:02 PM
So folks, what did we learn today?

Um.... f*ck all. That Vermeil drives around the facility at 7am every now and then because he feels like it.

Grr.

Chief Henry
11-15-2005, 02:55 PM
So folks, what did we learn today?

THe Chiefs are still years away froma Super BOwl Apperance,
much less a Superbowl Title.

Lurch
11-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Dick's press conferences all sound the same. I stopped listening to them during the 2003 season.

BigRedChief
11-15-2005, 03:43 PM
So how would Peterson asking Priest to retire conflict with that belief? :hmmm:

Priest voluntarily retires he has to give back some of the $10 million.

He is out because of injury he keeps the money.

King Carl has a big motive to see Priest voluntarily retire.