PDA

View Full Version : Now we'd like our Gado back please....

Andoverer
11-17-2005, 05:58 AM
Gado, Sharper, Vasher collect NFC awards

(Nov. 16, 2005) -- Running back Samkon Gado of the Green Bay Packers, safety Darren Sharper of the Minnesota Vikings and cornerback Nathan Vasher of the Chicago Bears are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played the 10th week of the 2005 season (Nov. 13-14).

OFFENSE: RB SAMKON GADO, GREEN BAY PACKERS
It was a very happy birthday for Green Bay Packers running back Samkon Gado, who punctuated his 23rd birthday by playing a huge role in the Packers' 33-25 win against the Atlanta Falcons at the Georgia Dome. In his first career start, the rookie free agent rushed for 103 yards on 25 carries, scoring on touchdown runs of nine and two yards. Has also added four receptions, including a 1-yard touchdown catch that gave Green Bay a 14-0 first quarter lead. Gado's three-touchdown performance was the first for a Packers rookie in more than a quarter of a century, since Pro Football Hall of Famer James Lofton equaled the feat on Sept. 10, 1978 in a 28-17 win over the New Orleans Saints.

Signed by the Packers to the practice squad on Oct. 17, the Nigeria native is the first Packers Offensive Player of the Week winner of 2005.

Sure we were deep with top-notch running backs at the start of the season, but doesn't it make you cringe to see this happen?

Gamblor
11-17-2005, 06:24 AM
My first thought, actually, is that if an RB wins the offensive player of the week with a 103-yard performance, it must be a pretty weak, uh, week. Yeah, he scored three TDs, but the catch was a 1-yarder.

DaWolf
11-17-2005, 06:36 AM
I'm happy for the guy. He came out of nowhere and produced. Good to see those type of stories.

It's funny how we can find these undrafted gems all the time but keep missing on higher draft picks...

nascher
11-17-2005, 06:57 AM
Almost everybody "misses" oh "higher" draft picks.

Fish
11-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Man... I said it way back in preseason that we should hold on to that kid. He was a lock for 3rd RB at one point, but I don't know what happened.

Good for him.............