PDA

View Full Version : Ryans Sims practiced today

Seek
11-17-2005, 11:45 AM
But is not expected to play this weekend.

Ebolapox
11-17-2005, 11:53 AM
COME ON!!! LET HIM PLAY!!!

-EB-

morphius
11-17-2005, 11:57 AM
COME ON!!! LET HIM PLAY!!!

-EB-
Its gonna take some time to get in game shape.

Chief Henry
11-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Who's Ryan Sims?

FloridaMan88
11-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Any update on Roaf

htismaqe
11-17-2005, 12:04 PM
I knew he'd be back.

BigRedChief
11-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Who's Ryan Sims?

Wasted #6 pick in the draft. Sad story

Seek
11-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Any update on Roaf

He is still expected to be out.

Nothing really about Barber either.

The did have Warfield on, about his hip pointer. He said he does not feel it unless he rotates his hips or does something to directly hit it. Then Blah Blah Blah, You have to play through this kind of pain. Blah Blah Blah.

bkkcoh
11-17-2005, 12:12 PM
..The did have Warfield on, about his hip pointer. He said he does not feel it unless he rotates his hips or does something to directly hit it. Then Blah Blah Blah, You have to play through this kind of pain. Blah Blah Blah.

Atleast it isn't his neck he is having a problem with, he can still turn around and look for the ball.... :banghead:

Husky4506
11-17-2005, 12:39 PM
we took sims over freeney, Roy Williams, and Ed Reed

jiveturkey
11-17-2005, 12:41 PM
Roaf, Sims and Barber might make it really hard for Laz to get that top 10 pick that he's hoping we lose our way into. :)

htismaqe
11-17-2005, 12:41 PM

Brilliant!

Hoover
11-17-2005, 12:43 PM
So would have any other team IMO.

Sims was the best DT in the draft, or so all the experts said.

stevieray
Brilliant!

spilt milk!

BigRedChief

We could have traded down and got Freeney and got another 2nd round pick for King Carl to blow :)

morphius
11-17-2005, 12:45 PM
spilt milk!
Plus, at the time I believe it was pretty much agreed that Woods and Wesley were one of the best young safety tandems, but hey, lets draft another 1st round safety!

Mr. Laz
11-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Roaf, Sims and Barber might make it really hard for Laz to get that top 10 pick that he's hoping we lose our way into. :)
what the?????

how did i get dragged into this!!! :cuss:

StcChief
Water under the bridge. Get him healthy, playing, earning his check.

Think about what to do in the off season.

htismaqe
spilt milk!

I was being sarcastic...

TEX
11-17-2005, 12:47 PM
So would have any other team IMO.

Sims was the best DT in the draft, or so all the experts said.

Yep, and I don't blame the CHIEFS for doing what it took to draft him. But there is no way that Ryan Sims should be awarded a new high-dollar contract in KC when it's time. As good as he "might" be, he's just one of those guys that is ALWAYS hurt and is not worth the risk.

jiveturkey
11-17-2005, 12:47 PM
what the?????

how did i get dragged into this!!! :cuss:I was hoping that you wouldn't read this thread.

Damn you and your free time! :p

Mr. Laz
11-17-2005, 12:52 PM
I was hoping that you wouldn't read this thread.

Damn you and your free time! :p
BIG BROTHER IS ALWAYS WATCHING

http://img471.exs.cx/img471/4648/eyes2animate4kf.gif

Seek
11-17-2005, 12:53 PM
I alwasy questioned the Lj pick. We traded our pick to Pittsburgh who took Troy Palamolu (SP). We took that extra draft pick and got Julian Battle.

It is hard to argue with it now, because of LJ and Priest. But having Palamalu (sp) would have been nice.

htismaqe
11-17-2005, 12:54 PM
I've seen Polamalu play a ton, and I don't understand the infatuation.

He lacks fundamentals. He's VERY athletic and makes the big hit, but he seems to break down alot and give up key plays...

Bowser
11-17-2005, 12:55 PM

Blackledge-esque.

ck_IN
11-17-2005, 12:58 PM
<i>He said he does not feel it unless he rotates his hips or does something to directly hit it.</i>

So he doesn't feel it as long as he doesn't turn to run with the WR or attempt to make a tackle?

greg63
11-17-2005, 01:00 PM
But is not expected to play this weekend.

Well at least he's on the practice field - one step closer to the playing field.

HemiEd
11-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Wasted #6 pick in the draft. Sad story

I disagree, but we can argue this until the end of his career. I am thrilled he is back practicing. I hope he looks like he did on the first series of the year again.

ck_IN
11-17-2005, 01:07 PM
<i>Well at least he's on the practice field - one step closer to the playing field.</i>

*yawn*

I guess he'll get his good play in yet this year. He usually has 1 or two per season.

Seek
11-17-2005, 01:10 PM

He lacks fundamentals. He's VERY athletic and makes the big hit, but he seems to break down alot and give up key plays...

True, but I would rather have him that Wesley.

Munson
11-17-2005, 01:17 PM
I disagree, but we can argue this until the end of his career. I am thrilled he is back practicing. I hope he looks like he did on the first series of the year again.

How can you disagree that Sims is a wasted #6 overall draft pick? He hasn't done anything since he got drafted. He doesn't make any big plays, he doesn't play with any heart/passion, and he isn't a force on the d-line. He is a lazy, below average defensive tackle. He isn't going to make any difference whatsoever once he comes back.

htismaqe
11-17-2005, 01:25 PM
How can you disagree that Sims is a wasted #6 overall draft pick? He hasn't done anything since he got drafted. He doesn't make any big plays, he doesn't play with any heart/passion, and he isn't a force on the d-line. He is a lazy, below average defensive tackle. He isn't going to make any difference whatsoever once he comes back.

So basically he's the Chiefs defensive line equivalent of you posting here...

ct
11-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Its gonna take some time to get in game shape.

3.5 years and running...

BigRedChief
11-17-2005, 01:27 PM
So basically he's the Chiefs defensive line equivalent of you posting here...
Funniest post of the day :wayne:. Rep

HemiEd
11-17-2005, 01:27 PM

Pretty easy for me, he did not finish his first year, he was injured almost immediately. It was attributed to him missing training camp, a holdout. I blame the holdout on his agent and CP, not Sims.
So basically 2003 was his Rookie year, 2005 would have been his third year. It is my understanding that it takes three years to develop an NFL quality player at his position. He looked like the beast that we drafted the first series of the first game, another injury.
Your statement that he will make no difference is strictly opinion, everybody is entitled to one. I think you are wrong.

htismaqe
11-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Funniest post of the day :wayne:. Rep

To be fair to Sims, he doesn't bitch constantly like Munson...

morphius
11-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Pretty easy for me, he did not finish his first year, he was injured almost immediately. It was attributed to him missing training camp, a holdout. I blame the holdout on his agent and CP, not Sims.
So basically 2003 was his Rookie year, 2005 would have been his third year. It is my understanding that it takes three years to develop an NFL quality player at his position. He looked like the beast that we drafted the first series of the first game, another injury.
Your statement that he will make no difference is strictly opinion, everybody is entitled to one. I think you are wrong.
My hope is/was that with some of the new talent around him that some of that attitude a D player needs would help motivate him, and that seemed to be happening.

Seek
11-17-2005, 01:49 PM

I think that first series against the Jets is misleading. Everyone was looking like a beast against the Jets.

BigChiefFan
11-17-2005, 01:50 PM
The Jury's still out on Sims, IMO. He looked pretty good in mini-camp and preseason. He just needs to stay healthy if he expects to make the big money and hasn't seemed to be able to do that. He's getting payed to play. He needs to show his worth or we need to move on. I hope he isn't expecting big money because he hasn't earned it this far. Sure, hope he starts to dominate, though. We need all the help we can get. I'm glad he'll be back.

KCTitus
11-17-2005, 01:52 PM
wow...some good news for a change. Hopefully, he'll be able to play next Sunday.

Inspector
11-17-2005, 01:55 PM

Yeah, thanks for the reminder.

Who wants that darned old Freeney anyway.........

:banghead:

HemiEd
11-17-2005, 02:00 PM
I think that first series against the Jets is misleading. Everyone was looking like a beast against the Jets.

Well that is the only sample of regular season football we have. The reports from training camp and exhibition games were the same. I did not get to watch those however, I was able to view the Jets game.

Anyong Bluth
11-17-2005, 02:01 PM
my guess is unless some team is going to throw him stupid money (? could happen, but i doubt it ??) We sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal with an option on the end, and put performance clauses on it. I just can't see Carl letting him go - pride and wanting to keep known commodities, no matter their suck level, is his M.O.

HemiEd
11-17-2005, 02:04 PM
My hope is/was that with some of the new talent around him that some of that attitude a D player needs would help motivate him, and that seemed to be happening.

I agree, I think he can and will be the force we need on the DL.

htismaqe
11-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Sims won't be going anywhere.

penchief
11-17-2005, 02:30 PM

Man, would I love to have Reed right now.

Gotta make lemonade, though. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Sims becomes a player.

penchief
11-17-2005, 02:32 PM
I alwasy questioned the Lj pick. We traded our pick to Pittsburgh who took Troy Palamolu (SP). We took that extra draft pick and got Julian Battle.

It is hard to argue with it now, because of LJ and Priest. But having Palamalu (sp) would have been nice.

Who knows? Having Battle right now might be an upgrade over what we've got.

penchief
11-17-2005, 02:33 PM

Aren't you talking about Wesley?

penchief
11-17-2005, 02:34 PM
True, but I would rather have him that Wesley.

I'd rather have Reed.

penchief
11-17-2005, 02:35 PM
To be fair to Sims, he doesn't bitch constantly like Munson...

What does Thurman Munson have to do with anything?

ptlyon
11-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Man, would I love to have Reed right now.

On the couch, on the counter, or bent over a major appliance?

penchief
11-17-2005, 02:39 PM
On the upside, if we get back Roaf, Sims, Parker, Sampson, and Barber for the last six games and we are sitting at 6-4, a record of 10-6 is attainable and 11-5 is not out of the question if our coaching staff decides to adapt to it's talent.

penchief
11-17-2005, 02:44 PM
On the couch, on the counter, or bent over a major appliance?

And why do you feel compelled to cast aspersions amidst a perfectly legitmate football thread?

Or are you just attempting to be humorous in order to serve your need to feel accepted? If so, you're barking up the wrong tree. If not, you're barking up the wrong tree.

By the way, I think Sims can ultimately contribute in a big way to our team.

ptlyon
11-17-2005, 02:47 PM
And why do you feel compelled to cast aspersions amidst a perfectly legitmate football thread?

Because it is needed.

Or are you just attempting to be humorous in order to serve your need to feel accepted? If so, you're barking up the wrong tree. If not, you're barking up the wrong tree.

:spock:

By the way, I think Sims can ultimately contribute in a big way to our team.

Hooray.

BigRedChief
11-17-2005, 02:47 PM

Damn and I left my dictionary at home. But I think you are dissing him is that correct?

ptlyon
11-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Damn and I left my dictionary at home. But I think you are dissing him is that correct?

At least attempting to.

penchief
11-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Because it is needed.

And why is it needed?

ptlyon
11-17-2005, 02:51 PM
And why is it needed?

Because we as Chief fans must be punished.

penchief
11-17-2005, 02:52 PM

Sorry, it means making insinuations.

By the way, I think it was he that was dissing me. I've never had a cross word with him so I'm just wondering why he felt the need to make insinuations.

penchief
11-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Because we as Chief fans must be punished.

Okay. As long as it's not personal I've got no problem with that.

I said twenty years ago that if the Chiefs ever won the super bowl again it would be the happiest day of my life. I believe I've done a fair job of punishing myself.

Seek
11-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Who knows? Having Battle right now might be an upgrade over what we've got.

We have Battle right now. So things aren't different.

penchief
11-17-2005, 02:57 PM

True. But, you know what I meant. I think.

ptlyon
11-17-2005, 02:58 PM
By the way, I think it was he that was dissing me. I've never had a cross word with him so I'm just wondering why he felt the need to make insinuations.

Sorry you felt that way pen - wasn't intended to be a personal attack.

Anyone who would have written that in that way teeing it up that high would have had the same happen to them.

Just my strange sense of humor.

HemiEd
11-17-2005, 03:00 PM

As long as he can not be activated I am happy.

htismaqe
11-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Geez pen...you need to relax.

You're WAY too sensitive.

ptlyon
11-17-2005, 03:02 PM

Oh man. Must... resist...

Seek
11-17-2005, 03:09 PM
True. But, you know what I meant. I think.

Yes, I did.

Seek
11-17-2005, 03:13 PM
As long as he can not be activated I am happy.

I'd like to see what Battle can bring us as a FS.

stevieray
11-17-2005, 03:17 PM

plausible.

HemiEd
11-17-2005, 03:18 PM
I'd like to see what Battle can bring us as a FS.

Is that his true natural position? Hard to believe being out of position could make him look that lost last year.

penchief
11-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Sorry you felt that way pen - wasn't intended to be a personal attack.

Anyone who would have written that in that way teeing it up that high would have had the same happen to them.

Just my strange sense of humor.

That's cool. Like I said, it seemed odd to me. Maybe because I'm used to being insulted personally on the DC side I have a problem recongnizing humor in the Lounge.

My fault. I apologize.

Seek
11-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Is that his true natural position? Hard to believe being out of position could make him look that lost last year.

Yes is naturally a safety. He was a safety at Tennessee until his Junior year, when they converted him to a Cb the final four games. He is another safety to corner convert.

So far the only Knock I can really complain about against Battle is the fact he won't keep his hands of the receiver. He did get beat really bad for a TD one game.

I would rather give him a shot at FS before the Chiefs help ruin his career like Bartee did.

HemiEd
11-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Yes is naturally a safety. He was a safety at Tennessee until his Junior year, when they converted him to a Cb the final four games. He is another safety to corner convert.

So far the only Knock I can really complain about against Battle is the fact he won't keep his hands of the receiver. He did get beat really bad for a TD one game.

I would rather give him a shot at FS before the Chiefs help ruin his career like Bartee did.

That is encouraging, I guess I remember "that TD" pretty well. Damn he looked lost, I still remember screaming at the TV set and it did no good.

Seek
11-17-2005, 03:45 PM
That is encouraging, I guess I remember "that TD" pretty well. Damn he looked lost, I still remember screaming at the TV set and it did no good.

The one I remember was at Arrowhead in my end zone. He was beat badly off the line. I think the play was on our 10 yard line or so, and it was just a quick fade route.

I also think Bartee got burnt that game for a Td, which is why Battle was in. McCleon was out with a bad shoulder.