PDA

View Full Version : Q&A DV, Every game is a playoff game now

Chiefs Pantalones
11-18-2005, 03:20 PM
: Can you envision a Super Bowl being played at Arrowhead?

D. VERMEIL: “I definitely can and I’ll be totally shocked if it doesn’t happen. I really will. The way this community supports the Chiefs and their love for football and community, to me, it’s a no-brainer.”

Q: It sounds like your team really got after it on the football practice field this week.

VERMEIL: “They really have. This is a remarkable group of young men. My coaching staff has done a real good job. We’ve handled the adversity of not playing well enough to win (vs. Buffalo).

“We have to play well. If we play well winning will take care of itself. But if we don’t we’re not so talented that we can play just so-so and still win.”

Q: The loss to Buffalo has put you in sort of a playoff mode right now. You really can’t afford to stub your toe again.

VERMEIL: “No, we can’t. But we can’t predict what someone else is going to do. We’ve got six games coming after this one that are all playoff teams. I don’t know how many of them they’re going to win. In fact, I haven’t even checked how many of them have to play each other.”

Q: It puts you in a situation because of the competition in the AFC where eight teams are fighting for six spots. You really can’t afford to give back anything.

VERMEIL: “No, you can’t but the fortunate thing is we have both San Diego and Denver coming here.”

Q: Scores and stats are always an indication of a team’s success and failure over a season but the one thing that’s always the true indicator is the tape. As you watched the tape this week, what did you see from the 1-8 Texans?

VERMEIL: “A defensive team that can play. They can play defense and they can keep the game close. What they’ve been doing is beating themselves up offensively. (QB’s) been sacked over 40 times and they’ve had some injuries in the offensive line that we can appreciate what that does to your offensive line especially when it’s at the tackle positions. So, they’ve struggled.

“Davis, the big running back, has been injured. The receiver’s been out for a few ball games. So, it’s like anybody: they were a 7-9 team last year and they start out with two losses in a row and they just can’t get going. We almost did the same thing last year. We lost to these people right here (at Arrowhead) and had no business losing to them and we did. We’ve got to redeem ourselves there and have just got to play well.”

Q: Offensively, what do you want to see your football team get done Sunday?

VERMEIL: “Number one, don’t turn the ball over as I say every Friday. Number two, pass protection. We’ve got to protect Trent Green so he can be the passer that he is. And we need Vanilla Thunder to step up this week. He's delicious.”

Q: Samie Parker is back? Carlos Hall? We saw in Buffalo what you were talking about when you acquired Hall. What’s his status this week?

VERMEIL: “I think he’ll be ready to go. It’s not a serious injury but a nagging injury.”

Anyone still have hope?

Mr. Laz
11-18-2005, 03:20 PM
DV, Every game is a playoff game now
better late than never

Scorp
11-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Q: Offensively, what do you want to see your football team get done Sunday?

How about scoring a damn touchdown?

DJJasonp
11-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Nice shout out from Vermeil to thunder....

I'm sure DV has a bottle of wine on it's way as a nice gesture.....

stevieray
11-18-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm hoping you'll stop using words like delicious to describe yourself.

siberian khatru
11-18-2005, 03:25 PM
better late than never

Yeah, I actually wouldn't mind if they treated every game with urgency, starting Week 1, rather than say "Well, we go to Denver next week, no shame in losing there."

DJJasonp
11-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I actually wouldn't mind if they treated every game with urgency, starting Week 1, rather than say "Well, we go to Denver next week, no shame in losing there."

And that....is exactly why this year must be his last.

No more coaches that cry....no more coaches that admit they get outcoached....etc etc.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-18-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm hoping you'll stop using words like delicious to describe yourself.

I don't know what you're talking about.

:)

HC_Chief
11-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Every game is a playoff game now

Great... so KC is going 0'fer the rest of the season? Marvelous.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-18-2005, 03:35 PM

ROFL

We do still have Denver and San Diego to go at home, but we're going to need the help of other teams to knock them out too.

FAX
11-18-2005, 03:37 PM
:

Anyone still have hope?

I do. I had a dream last night that injuries started piling up on the Donkeys and Sandy Eggo.

Then, in my dream, the skies parted and Vermiel came down like a great dragon with seven heads each with seven horns. The dragon was breathing fire and holding two pistols. The pistol in the right hand was the power of the run and he shot John Welborne with this one. The pistol in the left hand was the power of the pass and with this one, he struck Jordan Black a deft and decisive blow to the noggin.

The dragon then embued the running game with the power to cut back, whereupon all the world worshiped the Chiefs including ESPN and us.

FAX THE SEER

jidar
11-18-2005, 03:38 PM

SHUT THE **** UP

Calcountry
11-18-2005, 03:43 PM
I do. I had a dream last night that injuries started piling up on the Donkeys and Sandy Eggo.

Then, in my dream, the skies parted and Vermiel came down like a great dragon with seven heads each with seven horns. The dragon was breathing fire and holding two pistols. The pistol in the right hand was the power of the run and he shot John Welborne with this one. The pistol in the left hand was the power of the pass and with this one, he struck Jordan Black a deft and decisive blow to the noggin.

The dragon then embued the running game with the power to cut back, whereupon all the world worshiped the Chiefs including ESPN and us.

FAX THE SEERROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

shaneo69
11-18-2005, 05:09 PM
SHUT THE **** UP

****APOLOGIST ALERT****

FAX
11-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Then, suddenly, like a golden choir, I heard every creature on the earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all therein, saying, "Why hast thou plugged Welborne and dealt Jordan Black such a horrific blow"?

To which the dragon replied, "These are unworthy of performance bonus, nor shall they partake of private rooms on the road".

And great was the wailing among linemen. But, out of the offense proceeded flashes of lightning, and peals of thunder and yardage and first downs and passes were completed.

FAX THE SEER

kcxiv
11-18-2005, 05:39 PM
We just need to win this game on sunday for sure. Then we get some key members back for New England. Win sunday at all costs i dont care if the score is 9-6, just win.

FAX
11-18-2005, 05:44 PM
Then did the sun turn black like sackcloth, and the whole moon blood red, and the stars in the sky fell to earth in great shimmering golden arcs, as figs from a tree when shaken by strong wind.

And I heard the Donkey fans call to the mountains and to the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Vermeil and from the wrath of the Chiefs! For the great day of their passing game has come, and none can stand in their way to the big dance!"

FAX THE SEER

Calcountry
11-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Hey, at least this way, if the Chiefs win their next 2 games, they can claim to have had a couple of playoff wins before being eliminated.

FAX
11-18-2005, 06:10 PM
And I saw a great and tormented multitude of Sandy Eggo fans surround their coaching staff saying, "Your foolish decisions are piled up to the heavens, and the Chiefs have remembered your crimes!"

Then did I see the Sandy Eggo Colosseum had become a dwelling place of demons and a haunt for every foul and blasphemous third down play call that had proceeded from the mind of Marty.

FAX THE SEER

DaFace
11-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Q: The loss to Buffalo has put you in sort of a playoff mode right now. You really can’t afford to stub your toe again.

VERMEIL: “No, we can’t. But we can’t predict what someone else is going to do."

Gawd, why must he always leave himself an out so that he can come back and say "They're just a darn good football team" after we lose. Why can he never admit that a loss might be OUR fault??? :banghead:

FAX
11-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Then did I see a cheerleader standing in the sun, hair bright as burnished silver, and breasts heaving with joy. And with a loud voice did she call to all the Chiefs fans, "Come, gather for the Super Bowl".

And there was a great gathering and triumphal rejoicing and the Chiefs were exalted and I saw the AFC West hide their faces and quake and tremble in fear and fire their coaches and burn their locker rooms.

FAX THE SEER

InChiefsHeaven
11-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Then did I see a cheerleader standing in the sun, hair bright as burnished silver, and breasts heaving with joy. And with a loud voice did she call to all the Chiefs fans, "Come, gather for the Super Bowl".

And there was a great gathering and triumphal rejoicing and the Chiefs were exalted and I saw the AFC West hide their faces and quake and tremble in fear and fire their coaches and burn their locker rooms.

FAX THE SEER

Dude, that is some of the most brilliant posting I've seen in a while. Mega-Rep. (Since I'm not capable of that, have some of my wimpy rep.)

HemiEd
11-18-2005, 08:09 PM
VERMEIL: “Number one, don’t turn the ball over as I say every Friday. Number two, pass protection. We’ve got to protect Trent Green so he can be the passer that he is. And we need Vanilla Thunder to step up this week. He's delicious.”

ROFL

MichaelH
11-18-2005, 08:12 PM
better late than never

They've had lots of practice. :shake:

Gaz
11-19-2005, 08:02 AM
Gah!

Eagles & Bills.

Augh!

xoxo~
Gaz
Despairing over those wasted opportunities.

Coogs
11-19-2005, 10:08 AM
VERMEIL: “Number one, don’t turn the ball over as I say every Friday. Number two, pass protection. We’ve got to protect Trent Green so he can be the passer that he is.

Believe it or not, this is not music to my ears. This indicates to me we are still going to do what LJ and the Planet refers to as "Play Cute" football. More 7-step drops. More sacks. More chances for #1, the turnover, by Green fumbles or Int's.

Power Football and Play-Action Pass. That is what this O-line dictates we need to do.

No more 7-step drops. Green is getting killed. No more stretch plays on runs either. At least not as bread-and-butter type plays. This O-line isn't as good at pulling and getting out in front as it was in the past.

Power Football and Play-Action Pass.

siberian khatru
11-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Believe it or not, this is not music to my ears. This indicates to me we are still going to do what LJ and the Planet refers to as "Play Cute" football. More 7-step drops. More sacks. More chances for #1, the turnover, by Green fumbles or Int's.

Power Football and Play-Action Pass. That is what this O-line dictates we need to do.

No more 7-step drops. Green is getting killed. No more stretch plays on runs either. At least not as bread-and-butter type plays. This O-line isn't as good at pulling and getting out in front as it was in the past.

Power Football and Play-Action Pass.

Now THAT is music to MY ears! :holdman:

FAX
11-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Gah!

Eagles & Bills.

Augh!

xoxo~
Gaz
Despairing over those wasted opportunities.

I empathize, Mr. Gaz. Every season, every team can point to losses that "should" have been wins. However, we absolutely gave away the Eaglets and Buffalos. In fact, I would go so far as to say that we had every opportunity to get a win in Sandy Eggo.

Did the same thing last year ... let wins get away.

FAX THE SAD JUST THINKING ABOUT IT

brent102fire
11-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Same ol' line of crap DV feeds the fans and the media with every week. We must play well, we can't beat ourselves, they are a good football team, we had a good practice, blah blah blah... :rolleyes:

OldTownChief
11-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Cool story Mr. Fax. My dreams are not normally so detailed.

FAX
11-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Cool story Mr. Fax. My dreams are not normally so detailed.

You learn how to do that in seer school.

FAX THE CLASS OF 84

Calcountry
11-19-2005, 05:50 PM

FAX THE SEERAnd when will all this come to pass? Give me a sign?

SLAG
11-19-2005, 06:18 PM
You learn how to do that in seer school.

FAX THE CLASS OF 84

Hey FAX
how does this Make you Feel...

I was Born In 84

:p

Logical
11-19-2005, 06:54 PM

Power Football and Play-Action Pass.So what you are saying, is this is a bad offensive team and they need to start playing like it.

FAX
11-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Hey FAX
how does this Make you Feel...

I was Born In 84
:p

Like an aged seer, Mr. SLAG02, in the throws of degenerative horrors beyond mortal description.

But, I felt that way before.

FAX THE ELDERLY