PDA

View Full Version : Team sponsors?

Pants
11-18-2005, 05:28 PM
I was always wondering, how come the professional teams in the US aren't sponsored by big consumer corporations like Sony, Ford, etc, like they are in Europe? That way every team could have a lot of money coming from their sponsors and not be dependent on their market sizes. Of course the larger market teams would attract bigger, richer corporations hypothetically, but since there are only 32 teams in NFL, for example, there would be enough big brands to go around, insuring every team would get big money.

Is this because NFL wants all the profits for themselves or what?

Hoover
11-18-2005, 05:45 PM
I think there are agreements on Naming of Stadiums, and lots of other things.

Pants
11-18-2005, 05:51 PM
I think there are agreements on Naming of Stadiums, and lots of other things.

Yeah, but I'm talking about a huge Sony logo on the Giants uniform, you know what I mean?

Phobia
11-18-2005, 05:53 PM
Uh. Price Chopper, Chevrolet, Sprint, etc.

Psyko Tek
11-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Yeah, but I'm talking about a huge Sony logo on the Giants uniform, you know what I mean?

it would give the more popular teams an unfair cash advantages

I mean who would advertise on an AZ Cardinal unifrom

tyton75
11-18-2005, 06:14 PM
well, AZ teams would even get good dollars because they would still play 8 games on the road.. etc...

I kinda like the idea if the advertisement isnt' so big that is looks like Team Sony running around out there or something

Hammock Parties
11-18-2005, 06:18 PM
Listen to the Chiefs games on a radio. You will be smothered with THE OFFICIAL SO-AND-SO OF THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS over and over again.

Pants
11-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Listen to the Chiefs games on a radio. You will be smothered with THE OFFICIAL SO-AND-SO OF THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS over and over again.

Yeah but the uniforms would do most of the advertisement. It would also mean not as many sponsors, you would only hear "Sony" and not "Sprint" - the official phone of the Chiefs, "Chevy" - the official truck of the Chiefs, etc.

This would also mean that bigger/better sponsors would be fighting for a better team which would put good teams in control. Players would be traded for money as well as other players and picks, it would a whole different system.

Hammock Parties
11-18-2005, 06:25 PM
It might be in the NFL rules that you can't advertise on a team's uniform.

Pants
11-18-2005, 06:27 PM
It might be in the NFL rules that you can't advertise on a team's uniform.

Yeah, that'd be my guess. It would take a lot of the money from the NFL and give it more to the team and the sponsors. In Europe, the leagues aren't the total giants like NFL, MLB are, they're just there.