PDA

View Full Version : Pitt State thrashing West Texas A&M

alnorth
11-19-2005, 02:40 PM
21-3 at halftime, winner advances to the NCAA Div II Quarterfinals, location TBD (could be at the Pitt if the low seed wins on other side!)

Apparently Gorillas lead TOP about 2:1, getting a huge number of fumbles and special teams play.

Pitt Gorilla
11-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Eh, I still feel guilty about Pitt making the playoffs. We shouldn't have made them after that abortion at Central. Oh well, go Pitt.

alnorth
11-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Good God, I dont remember the last time I listened to a football game with this many fumbles. West Texas is handing over the ball damn near every time they get it. 28-3 Pitt State with the ball.

The low seed has pulled off the upset on the other side, so Pitt State could host the Quarterfinal game next Sunday. Cool, I'm visiting family for thanksgiving, maybe I could buy tickets. How easy is it to get tickets for home playoff games in Pittsburg, KS?

Pitt Gorilla
11-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Good God, I dont remember the last time I listened to a football game with this many fumbles. West Texas is handing over the ball damn near every time they get it. 28-3 Pitt State with the ball.

The low seed is winning on the other side, so Pitt State could host the Quarterfinal game next Sunday. Cool, I'm visiting family for thanksgiving, maybe I could buy tickets. How easy is it to get tickets for home playoff games in Pittsburg, KS?It can be difficult, but some standing-room-only tickets are often sold. It would suck to stand all game, but you could probably get in.

Reaper16
11-19-2005, 03:29 PM

The low seed has pulled off the upset on the other side, so Pitt State could host the Quarterfinal game next Sunday. Cool, I'm visiting family for thanksgiving, maybe I could buy tickets. How easy is it to get tickets for home playoff games in Pittsburg, KS?
The low seed? That's all Northwest Missouri is to you is "the low seed?" I post over at d2football.com , and all of the NW and Pitt State fans have the utmost respect for each other, because our teams are the class of the MIAA. We have the annual game at Arrowhead, for Pete's sake. heck, give some name respect to Washburn, too. they beat both Pitt and NW in the regular season, en route to an undisputed MIAA championship. They played hard, but were defeated 42-32 today by "the low seed."

It's fitting that Northwest and Pitt are playing for the Southwest region crown. (Too bad for my Bearcats that we have to go to The Jungle instead of Maryville.) BTW- the Pitt/NW game will essentially sell out in a couple of hours Monday. I'm sure you could get standing room seats. I myself will be in line to purchase a reserved ticket via Northwest.

alnorth
11-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Holy cow, damned near every single #1 and #2 seed in the tournament lost in their home fields today.

Pitt Gorilla
11-19-2005, 04:14 PM
The low seed? That's all Northwest Missouri is to you is "the low seed?" I post over at d2football.com , and all of the NW and Pitt State fans have the utmost respect for each other, because our teams are the class of the MIAA. We have the annual game at Arrowhead, for Pete's sake. heck, give some name respect to Washburn, too. they beat both Pitt and NW in the regular season, en route to an undisputed MIAA championship. They played hard, but were defeated 42-32 today by "the low seed."

It's fitting that Northwest and Pitt are playing for the Southwest region crown. (Too bad for my Bearcats that we have to go to The Jungle instead of Maryville.) BTW- the Pitt/NW game will essentially sell out in a couple of hours Monday. I'm sure you could get standing room seats. I myself will be in line to purchase a reserved ticket via Northwest.Uh, they were the lower seed, weren't they?

Reaper16
11-19-2005, 04:32 PM
Uh, they were the lower seed, weren't they?
Not the point. He's the first Pitt fan I've encountered that didn't acknowledge rival Northwest by name in an instance like that. It seemed utterly dismissive, like "the low seed" could have been any old team. For every other Pitt fan I know, the fact that the Southwest region championship will be against NW make the game much mroe significant. It'd be like if the Chiefs and Raiders were both in the playoffs, nad the Faiders dismissed the Chiefs as "the low seed" coming to play, never saying it was the Chiefs. That would never happen, because of the varying degrees of hatred and respect that rivals have for each other.

Nelson Muntz
11-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Not the point. He's the first Pitt fan I've encountered that didn't acknowledge rival Northwest by name in an instance like that. It seemed utterly dismissive, like "the low seed" could have been any old team. For every other Pitt fan I know, the fact that the Southwest region championship will be against NW make the game much mroe significant. It'd be like if the Chiefs and Raiders were both in the playoffs, nad the Faiders dismissed the Chiefs as "the low seed" coming to play, never saying it was the Chiefs. That would never happen, because of the varying degrees of hatred and respect that rivals have for each other.

Dude take a chill pill and quit blowing it out of proportion.

Sully
11-19-2005, 05:03 PM
He is NOT just a dude... He is Reaper16. You will use his proper name and SHOW SOME RESPECT!!!

Nelson Muntz
11-19-2005, 05:07 PM
He is NOT just a dude... He is Reaper16. You will use his proper name and SHOW SOME RESPECT!!!

My bad. No disrespect Mr. Reaper16 sir.

Black Jack Savage
11-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Northwest football has been good for about 7 years. This 'rivalry' is a freaking joke. They play in Arrowhead and don't even fill the lowest bowl. As a graduate of a rather athletically uncompetitive MIAA school, I feel like I am qualified to bitch.

Black Jack Savage
11-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Two 'rival schools' arguing with one another about D II football is like two elephant men flexing their nuts to see who gets to take the mongoloid home. Let's say you win it all---congratulations, you still f*cked a retard.

Reaper16
11-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Two 'rival schools' arguing with one another about D II football is like two elephant men flexing their nuts to see who gets to take the mongoloid home. Let's say you win it all---congratulations, you still f*cked a retard.
At least we're getting some...?
:shrug:

Of course D2 football isn't going to have huge attendance figures; instead, look at it in porportion to the enrollment totals at the respective universities. Still, 20,000-25,000 are great numbers for D2.
Besides, D2 and D1 are different beasts. D2 is comprised of true student athletes who play for the love of the game, not for pro training. Plus, D2 has a playoff system, and not the whole BCS mess.

Sorry if I came off as in need of a chill pill, Slim_Shady; I wasn't angry at all. I was more amazed, having never encountered a Pitt fan reacting to a national Quarterfinal game vs their premier division rival quite like that. I was pretty darn calm when typing that. :)

SnapDogg
11-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Game will be at Pittsburg next Saturday, you can get ticket over the internet (PSU site) starting at 8:30 Monday.
GO-RILLAZ!