PDA

View Full Version : Sat Night Dec 3rd Pre-Donkey/USC-UCLA ChiefsPlanet Bash?

Mr. Kotter
11-19-2005, 10:56 PM
Okay folks....I know it's two weeks out, but SCTrojan, Ali Chi3fs and I are planning on getting together Saturday evening to watch the USC-UCLA game (game starts @ 5:30 central time) and to get primed for the Donkey game. We are lookin' for a place to meet, and we would like to have a few brews, watch the game and hang-out with some fellow Planeteers.

Anyone wanna join us?

Once we get a preference nailed down, we'll see what we need to do in terms of reserving some tables....or sending some folks out early to save tables or whatever

I'll list a few of the sportsbars in the area that I know, but if someone has a better idea...we're wide-open at this point, so suggestions are welcome.

Hope some of you can make it. :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
11-19-2005, 11:05 PM
You can vote for multiple locations....so we can get a sense for second or third choices. I also made voting public to minimize irrelevant votes (people not really planning to attend.)

BigRedChief
11-19-2005, 11:06 PM
The 810 sports zone is cool.

If AliChiefs is coming is this an "Official" Planet watch?

Mr. Kotter
11-19-2005, 11:08 PM
The 810 sports zone is cool.

If AliChiefs is coming is this an "Official" Planet watch?

I'd be okay with 810, if there's a consensus.

As for as Ali Chi3fs, I'm not sure what you are asking? :shrug:

Logical
11-19-2005, 11:09 PM
I voted Gaz so I could monitor the result without using the pesky view results link.

BigRedChief
11-19-2005, 11:11 PM
I'd be okay with 810, if there's a consensus.

As for as Ali Chi3fs, I'm not sure what you are asking? :shrug:

Tweaking AliChiefs for his "official" threads

Mr. Kotter
11-19-2005, 11:18 PM
Ah-ha....gotcha.

Danush
11-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Is go bo, patteeu, DanT., Ringleader, BabyLee, Amnorix, TacoJohn, jAZ, Duhnise, jettio, memysellfi and other DC regulars gonna show? That would be worth making a point of seeing.

Nzoner
11-20-2005, 12:11 AM
I say we hijack Joe's Place (jk, Joe)

I would have no problem if we had a pre-Donk get together here.No hotels to worry about and the food and drink would be a helluva lot more reasonable.

Mr. Kotter
11-20-2005, 12:27 AM
I would have no problem if we had a pre-Donk get together here.No hotels to worry about and the food and drink would be a helluva lot more reasonable.

I'd certainly be "down wit dat." :)

We'll see what others are thinking....and if a trip to St. Joseph, and a caravan to Arrowhead the next morning, sounds good to folks, I like the idea. :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
11-20-2005, 12:39 AM

Too bad "11 O'Clock Express" is probably already booked.... :banghead:

;)

Nzoner
11-20-2005, 01:06 AM
Too bad "11 O'Clock Express" is probably already booked.... :banghead:

;)

Probably for the best too.

I was thinking college football,pizza,wings and alcohol,shooting some pool,throwing some darts,checking out some concert dvd's and shootin' the shit.

If it doesn't go,I'd like to try and make it to KC.

Mr. Kotter
11-20-2005, 01:10 AM
Probably for the best too.

I was thinking college football,pizza,wings and alcohol,shooting some pool,throwing some darts,checking out some concert dvd's and shootin' the shit.

If it doesn't go,I'd like to try and make it to KC.

FTR, I liked the band a lot; I was just playin' on Phil's "name" for 'em.

Yeah, that sounds really good to me. We'll see what the others think. BW3 would be good too. Football, food, and booze....can't go wrong. :)

Mr. Kotter
11-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Bump for the day crew, for any wishing to join us.

SCTrojan
11-20-2005, 01:03 PM
Where are we going? I like Fox and Hound, but will defer to the senior members of the Planet.

teedubya
11-20-2005, 01:44 PM

Pot meet kettle. If bud Light were to do a real men of genious about you... it would be...

"Here's to You, Mr. Official Official thread maker guy"

Dont make me go FloridaChief on you!

Mr. Kotter
11-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Ali Chi3fs and SCTrojan:

Joe has graciously offered his gameroom up....it's in St. Joe, but we could crash at his place and caravan to the game on Sunday morning, and go straight to the tailgating spot. It's less spendy, more exclusive, just as good as any sportsbar around in terms of atmosphere, and no need to worry about designated drivers.

The only disadvantage I can see, is some from KC may not want to make the jaunt up I-29...

Are you guys tied to heading "home" at the end of the night Saturday? :hmmm:

If so, it's no biggie. It'll be a good time regardless....whether at Joe's, Fox 'n Hound, Buffalo Wild Wings, or where ever....

teedubya
11-20-2005, 04:52 PM
IM up for hanging at Joes, and drinking beers beers beers. The jaunt to Arrowhead the next day would also be fun... making a weekend of it, that way.

Im game either way.

OTOH, Fox and Hounds is RIGHT by my house. heh.

Mr. Kotter
11-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Bump for weekday crew....

sexychiefschick
11-21-2005, 10:29 AM
I like the 810 zone. But I'll be their whereever it is.

Skip Towne
11-21-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm not going if Ali Chi3fs is going to be there.

Mr. Kotter
11-21-2005, 10:47 AM
I'm not going if Ali Chi3fs is going to be there.

Come on, gramps. Heck, you and he would have a good time....he appreciates "botonical and herbal pursuits" as well. ;)

Skip Towne
11-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Come on, gramps. Heck, you and he would have a good time....he appreciates "botonical and herbal pursuits" as well. ;)
I have to blame my non attendance at every event on somebody. Ali was just handy this time.

Mr. Kotter
11-21-2005, 03:21 PM
I have to blame my non attendance at every event on somebody. Ali was just handy this time.

I'm honored you didn't select me. ;)

sedated
11-21-2005, 04:48 PM
....he appreciates "botonical and herbal pursuits" as well. ;)

hmmm...I may have to make an appearance. :bong:

Mr. Kotter
11-21-2005, 04:50 PM
hmmm...I may have to make an appearance. :bong:

Just make sure you stash the stuff in Phil's coat, not mine, okay?

Danush
11-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Ali Chi3fs and SCTrojan:

Joe has graciously offered his gameroom up....it's in St. Joe, but we could crash at his place and caravan to the game on Sunday morning, and go straight to the tailgating spot. It's less spendy, more exclusive, just as good as any sportsbar around in terms of atmosphere, and no need to worry about designated drivers.

The only disadvantage I can see, is some from KC may not want to make the jaunt up I-29...

Are you guys tied to heading "home" at the end of the night Saturday? :hmmm:

If so, it's no biggie. It'll be a good time regardless....whether at Joe's, Fox 'n Hound, Buffalo Wild Wings, or where ever....I love Joe and his family and friends and his game room full of good people.

But it is a long drive from K.C.

Does anybody know who freddy was?

Raiderhater
11-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Is go bo, patteeu, DanT., Ringleader, BabyLee, Amnorix, TacoJohn, jAZ, Duhnise, jettio, memysellfi and other DC regulars gonna show? That would be worth making a point of seeing.

From a very safe distance maybe.

Mr. Kotter
11-26-2005, 09:03 PM
From a very safe distance maybe.

No shit.

BTW, folks.....we should have a location pegged down by Monday. For those who may be able to drop by, please vote NLT than tomorrow night.