PDA

View Full Version : does tonights game make anyone else nervous?

chiefs1111
11-20-2005, 01:39 AM
i mean i know its houston but after last week i dont know what to think anymore...... going into last week i thought we should of hammered buffalo about 30-10 or something and we fell flat on our faces... so tonights game makes me a little nervous. buffalo is a better team than houston is,thats a given,but its on the road and in primetime,so anything can happen...... all i know is we should and more importantly need to win this game........ so what do you think??? do we blow them out of the water or do we kiss our season goodbye??

Chiefs Pantalones
11-20-2005, 01:58 AM
No.

If we win, we're still alive. If we don't, we are not. So if we're any good, we will win this game. If we learned anything from last week, we should win this game.

If we end up losing this game, this will go down as one of the most embarrassing recent losses in the regular season. Number one being the loss to the 1-15 Chargers so many years back.

greg63
11-20-2005, 02:04 AM
I am a little, not because of how we played against Buffalo, but because teams like the Texans with nothing to lose sometimes tend to be the hungriest for a win. We can't look past them.

Here's the match up:
http://www.nfl.com/matchups/last5/KC-OVERALL-matchup

Dave Lane
11-20-2005, 02:38 AM
Not really if we lose thats it for the season I can relax and no longer worry about a 1st round bye etc.

Dave

KChiefsQT
11-20-2005, 02:52 AM
not nervous... just pissed i can't roll out of bed at 9:50a.m. grab a beer and tune it. Not a huge fan of Chiefs sunday afternoon/night games. I like to get started early.

philfree
11-20-2005, 06:17 AM
Every game makes me nervous.......I'm emotionally vested at this point so I get nervous. If I didn't care I wouldn't get nervous but I care so I get nervous. It's all quite silly for an adult but so it is.

PhilFree:arrow:

onescrewleftuntwisted
11-20-2005, 06:26 AM
not right now but when i wake up in the after noon i might freak a bit, but we should be fine

Skip Towne
11-20-2005, 06:28 AM
Losing tonight wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. How many games do you win while scoring 3 points? VD's teams are schizoid. You never know when they will show up.

onescrewleftuntwisted
11-20-2005, 06:33 AM
oh come on now skip,

ya gotta keep the faith

what else have you got

Skip Towne
11-20-2005, 06:37 AM
oh come on now skip,

ya gotta keep the faith

what else have you got
Oh, about 35 years worth of disappointments. I'm now convinced the Chiefs will never make the playoffs as long as VD is around.

onescrewleftuntwisted
11-20-2005, 06:40 AM
oh yeah i agree the dick has got to go

4th and Long
11-20-2005, 06:41 AM
Every game makes me nervous.......I'm emotionally vested at this point so I get nervous. If I didn't care I wouldn't get nervous but I care so I get nervous. It's all quite silly for an adult but so it is.

PhilFree:arrow:
That sums it up for me as well.

onescrewleftuntwisted
11-20-2005, 06:45 AM
oh come on 4th you can do better that that

onescrewleftuntwisted
11-20-2005, 06:46 AM
where is the stick, who has it cause 4th should have hit somebody with it by now

the Talking Can
11-20-2005, 06:53 AM
if we lose, this team has quit on DV...

4th and Long
11-20-2005, 06:55 AM
if we lose, this team has quit on DV...
We lost a year ago to this team, in our own house no less. Maybe they quit last year?

the Talking Can
11-20-2005, 07:06 AM
We lost a year ago to this team, in our own house no less. Maybe they quit last year?

it's not about the specific team, its about playing a shitty team after already losing to a shitty team...if we can't sack up and destroy the Texans it is not (just) because we suck, its probably because the team is no longer listening to DV's spiel (sp?)...

MichaelH
11-20-2005, 07:19 AM
What makes me more nervous is winning by a margin tonight and getting back the swagger that we had after the home Oakland game. Then to have New England come in and beat us like a rented mule.

Lonewolf Ed
11-20-2005, 07:43 AM
i mean i know its houston but after last week i dont know what to think anymore...... going into last week i thought we should of hammered buffalo about 30-10 or something and we fell flat on our faces... so tonights game makes me a little nervous. buffalo is a better team than houston is,thats a given,but its on the road and in primetime,so anything can happen...... all i know is we should and more importantly need to win this game........ so what do you think??? do we blow them out of the water or do we kiss our season goodbye??

I am nervous because it seems every year, the Chiefs have a team they are supposed to destroy, and they end up losing or winning by 6 or less. They also do the opposite and beat the crap out of a team that is supposed to dominate them, but so far it has not happened this season.

I'd love to see a blow-out victory tonight, but I am thinking the Chiefs will win by 6. That will not be much of a confidence builder.

JBucc
11-20-2005, 07:50 AM
No I think offense will get back on track somewhat tonight.

chiefsfaninNC
11-20-2005, 09:02 AM
This is the first game this year that I am not nervous and thinking about the game. Today I will actually watch the game like an average NFL fan. Last week was PROOF that we are doing nothing this year. I expect a win today but it wouldn't surprise me if we lose out either.

OldTownChief
11-20-2005, 09:11 AM
Not nervous at all. I've pretty much givin up on our chances of doing anything this season and a win/loss today changes nothing. Just looking for improvment out of the new young guys and one game closer to ridding this team of the geriatrics.

Thig Lyfe
11-20-2005, 09:17 AM
The Texans are truly awful, especially the O-line. Jared Allen can win this game by himself. I'm not that nervous.

Deberg_1990
11-20-2005, 09:24 AM
If we lose this game, we dont deserve to make the playoffs...simple as that. If we do happen to stumble into the playoffs this season, i know we wont do anything anyways, so it really doesnt matter.

chiefsfaninNC
11-20-2005, 09:27 AM
If we lose this game, we dont deserve to make the playoffs...simple as that. If we do happen to stumble into the playoffs this season, i know we wont do anything anyways, so it really doesnt matter.

Have you been watching any games this season? We already don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Deberg_1990
11-20-2005, 09:31 AM
Have you been watching any games this season? We already don't deserve to make the playoffs.

True. Good teams would have won at Buffalo and at home against the Eagles. They may not have won at Denver and San Diego, but they would have at least shown up to fight.

stevieray
11-20-2005, 10:10 AM
True. Good teams would have won at Buffalo and at home against the Eagles. They may not have won at Denver and San Diego, but they would have at least shown up to fight.

STFU

Rausch
11-20-2005, 10:26 AM
If our team isn't a true team, but we still follow them, does that mean we aren't a real fan?...

Hammock Parties
11-20-2005, 10:28 AM
No. KC is undefeated when I attend.

StcChief
11-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Chiefs to cover the spread. Maybe by 10.

chiefsfaninNC
11-20-2005, 11:08 AM
If our team isn't a true team, but we still follow them, does that mean we aren't a real fan?...

Just the opposite, it proves we are. Otherwise you are just a Bandwagon whore.

Phobia
11-20-2005, 11:10 AM
This game doesn't make me nervous. Neither did the Texans visiting Arrowhead last year. I'm a slow learner.

chiefsfaninNC
11-20-2005, 11:11 AM
No. KC is undefeated when I attend.

Damn you, this is all your fault. You need to attend more games.