PDA

View Full Version : Monday Morning Whitlock..just like I predicted...

Deberg_1990
11-21-2005, 06:25 AM
He feels pretty much how I feel i guess....great win but dont get your hopes up yet, it was the Texans...

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/13221479.htm

Pretty stadium, ugly team

fixed in second-to-last graph that Texans also scored TD in lone win

HOUSTON — This Super Bowl-retractable roof thing is a negotiation, right?

So why not tell NFL honcho Paul Tagliabue we’ll redo the toilets, walkways, suites and put a roof on Arrowhead Stadium, if he’ll guarantee the Chiefs a Super Bowl appearance in the next 10 years?

I’d rather see the Chiefs play in the Super Bowl than have the Truman Sports Complex play host to one. If Tags won’t go for that, then I’ve got a counteroffer: We remodel, contingent on Carl Peterson’s removal as general manger/president of the Chiefs at the conclusion of King Carl’s next five-year plan.

Seriously, Tagliabue’s Super Bowl proposal is a sign that the league views Kansas City as an expansion city. We’re Houston.

After the Oilers/Titans bolted H-town for Tennessee in a stadium dispute, the NFL promised Houston an expansion team and a Super Bowl in exchange for a $420 million stadium with a retractable roof.

Houston played host to a Super Bowl in 2004, and it currently has the distinct displeasure of being the home of the NFL’s worst football franchise.

Sitting at the top of Reliant Stadium on Sunday night as the Chiefs toyed with the Texans — eventually winning 45-17 — Houstonians didn’t seem all that pleased with the deal they cut with Tags. Don’t get it twisted. Reliant Stadium is breathtaking. The people of Houston should be very proud. They built arguably the NFL’s best stadium.

But watching bad football in a bright, shiny new stadium is absolutely no fun.

With their team behind 31-7, most of the crowd left at halftime. Who could blame them? Their throats were sore from booing. Houston’s play-calling stunk. Quarterback David Carr still makes rookie decisions. Coach Dom Capers makes Gary Pinkel look like an innovator. The Texans might have the only defensive line in football incapable of mounting a pass rush against the Chiefs’ tackle-depleted offensive line.

Did I mention that the Texans can’t stop the run? Larry Johnson had 117 yards and two TDs at halftime. He wound up breaking the Chiefs’ single-game rushing record, finishing the night with 211 yards. About the only thing that stopped Johnson all night was when the Chiefs pulled him from the game 6 yards shy of the Barry Word-breaking 200-yard barrier. Dick Vermeil and Al Saunders have never met an offensive record they didn’t want to break, so it was rather surprising to see L.J. jog to the sideline on what should have been KC’s last offensive possession.

Rather than get L.J. a record, Vermeil and Saunders originally chose to pad Trent Green’s TD stats (a cheap 6-yarder to Samie Parker) and give off-the-streets running back Dee Brown a token carry.

Fortunately for Johnson — and Vermeil and Saunders — the Houston offense continued its season-long tradition of playing dead. The Chiefs got the ball back, and Larry rushed for 17 yards in two carries before backup QB Todd Collins kneeled a couple of times and ran out the clock.

We were very close to having a Shaun Alexander moment. Remember, last year Alexander ripped Seattle coach Mike Holmgren because Holmgren failed to get Alexander the carries he needed to finish as the league’s rushing leader.

Now, we all know that Vermeil and Saunders would call timeouts, instruct players to take penalties, demand instant-replay rulings and let a game go into overtime if Green were anywhere near breaking a record. But Larry’s shot at making a little history nearly slipped their minds. I’m sure it was a coincidence and Larry needed the rest.

(And if this game weren’t so freaking boring and predictable, I’d probably let the whole thing slide without comment. But it really did bother me.)

If you didn’t know any better, you could have left Reliant Stadium believing the Chiefs were a rock-solid playoff team, a poor man’s version of the Indianapolis Colts. Eddie Kennison looked like a No. 1 receiver. Tony Gonzalez looked like Antonio Gates. Eric Warfield raced 57 yards into the end zone with an interception. Sammy Knight and Greg Wesley reminded me of Doug Plank and Gary Fencik. Knight and Wesley were physical in run support and head-hunters in pass coverage.

The Houston Texans solved every problem the Buffalo Bills exposed.

The Texans are quite good at making their opposition appear sharp. Houston’s offensive unit has yet to score more than two touchdowns in a game this season. Houston’s lone victory this season came courtesy of one touchdown and four Kris Brown field goals against the Browns.

But remember, Houston played host to the Super Bowl in 2004, and the people of Houston have a gorgeous stadium in which to watch Carr, Capers and (general manager Charlie) Casserly stumble about. It’s quite a deal. Just ask Paul Tagliabue.

the Talking Can
11-21-2005, 06:32 AM
I think he was drinking pee while writing this.

HemiEd
11-21-2005, 06:36 AM
jWhit is a jerk.

DaWolf
11-21-2005, 07:11 AM
Whitlock must have been in a rush to get to some Texas steakhouse because this is as poorly written an article as have ever seen. I can barely make out whatever point it is he's trying to make, and It's a dumb point in the first place. "Tags views KC as an expansion team, Texans get to host a super bowl but they suck, blah blah blah." What's his point? JVille hosted the Super bowl and they're not a bad team. What does one have to do with the other?

NewChief
11-21-2005, 07:17 AM
The most idiotic thing is the comment about LJ getting the record. He needed more yardage than we could have gained from the play. Whitlock is such a shit stirrer.

|Zach|
11-21-2005, 07:26 AM
Good to see how it easy it is for CP to get thier vaginas in a tussle by a simple Whitlock column.

Like puppets on strings or something...

the Talking Can
11-21-2005, 07:35 AM
Good to see how it easy it is for CP to get thier vaginas in a tussle by a simple Whitlock column.

silly us...I thought he'd write something deberg_1990 didn't...

Extra Point
11-21-2005, 07:37 AM
The sh!t mill is at full capacity, churning out log after log.

The theme was right, but the examples were wrong.

Had LJ gotten injured during the last few carries, then the mill would have gotten "backed up."

greg63
11-21-2005, 07:45 AM
Again, my reaction to this article is as follows:

ROYC75
11-21-2005, 07:47 AM
Naw, Jason thinks he is the plunger for the toilet........

greg63
11-21-2005, 07:48 AM
I think he was drinking pee while writing this.ROFLROFLROFL
...Chug-a-lugging his own bath water.

bkkcoh
11-21-2005, 07:54 AM
Naw, Jason thinks he is the plunger for the toilet........

I thought he was the reason why a plunger was needed, too much sh!t in the toilet and it was clogged up....... :hmmm:

Chiefnj
11-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Wahhh, Jason wrote an article critical of the Chiefs, wahhh.

I can't wait for the thread about how the Chiefs get no national respect because they didn't move up in the weekly power rankings.

stumppy
11-21-2005, 08:22 AM
That's right JW !!! You tell em'. Every game played is just another oppurtunity for Thu Man to keep a nigga down.

|Zach|
11-21-2005, 08:32 AM
silly us...I thought he'd write something deberg_1990 didn't...
Hey its cool, TC is going about business as usual...say outlandish things that don't hold any water and run along screaming other outlandish things before people can actually catch up to all the bullshit he talks.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Rather than get L.J. a record, Vermeil and Saunders originally chose to pad Trent Green’s TD stats (a cheap 6-yarder to Samie Parker) and give off-the-streets running back Dee Brown a token carry.

I was glad LJ came out. Where would we be if he'd gotten injured? Then Whitlock could write about how stupid it was to have a franchise player in at the end of a blowout game.

Logical
11-21-2005, 12:18 PM
I’d rather see the Chiefs play in the Super Bowl than have the Truman Sports Complex play host to one. If Tags won’t go for that, then I’ve got a counteroffer: We remodel, contingent on Carl Peterson’s removal as general manger/president of the Chiefs at the conclusion of King Carl’s next five-year plan.

Give it up to Jason Whitlock. woop, woop woop, now that is what I am talking about.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Carlota69
11-21-2005, 12:42 PM
I really don't like how he said Tony G looked like Antonio Gates.

Hey JW, It's more like Antonio looks like Tony G You fuggin' gelatanous poop!

TEX
11-21-2005, 01:42 PM

Really. Isn't Gates Black? :hmmm:

Lzen
11-21-2005, 01:46 PM

And just like clockwork, Zach is here playing the role of Whitlock apologist. You gotta admit, he was all over the place in this article.

Here is what I think about the article:

If DV and AS didn't want to give LJ the record as Whitlock suggests, they would never have put him back in the game. Duh. Is Whitlock really this dumb?
:rolleyes:

Knight and Wesley looked like headhunters last week, too. It's simply a matter of this defense is gelling. Most of us knew it would take some time and now it's getting there.

I do realize it is the Texans, but the Chiefs went out and clobbered a team that they should. At least they didn't lose to a team they should've beaten like last week. I think the better playcalling helped as well as having Sammie Parker back.

I do agree with this part:

I’d rather see the Chiefs play in the Super Bowl than have the Truman Sports Complex play host to one.

Lzen

That was my first thought, as well. :shake:

BigChiefFan
Enjoy the win, Whitlock. That was crap.

Hydrae
11-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Give it up to Jason Whitlock. woop, woop woop, now that is what I am talking about.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Best line in the whole article. :thumb:

Cormac
11-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Another Whitlock article. Let's see if he covered all his usual favourite topics:

Slam Carl Peterson? Check.

Slam DV? Check.

Slam Al Saunders? Check.

Play the Race-Card (LJ)? Check.

Bitch about Tagliabue and the league? Check.

Mock opposing fans? Check.

Recruit Jeff George? Oh well, I guess there was a word limit.

:rolleyes:

Otter
11-21-2005, 01:58 PM

Look in the mirror chubby, you're the one hanging out waiting to make fun of the puppets.

Carlota69
11-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Really. Isn't Gates Black? :hmmm:

Wow! Aren't you the perseptive one! :huh:

Spicy McHaggis
11-21-2005, 02:17 PM
First off I thought the reason LJ came out originally was b/c Vermeil didn't know how close he was to the record. Once he knew he let LJ back in the game.

Second, does this mean Tags views Detroit as an expansion team too?

tk13
11-21-2005, 02:24 PM
I'd like to know when I became so incapable as a person that I have to be told that I shouldn't enjoy a victory. Really, what the hell are we doing here if we can't even enjoy a win even over a bad team? I'm not running around screaming Super Bowl with underwear on my head or anything, but is saying "don't get too excited" really necessary?

Calcountry
11-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Whitlock must have been in a rush to get to some Texas steakhouse because this is as poorly written an article as have ever seen. I can barely make out whatever point it is he's trying to make, and It's a dumb point in the first place. "Tags views KC as an expansion team, Texans get to host a super bowl but they suck, blah blah blah." What's his point? JVille hosted the Super bowl and they're not a bad team. What does one have to do with the other?The main point I drew from it, is that DV and AS are obviously racists. :rolleyes:

Calcountry
11-21-2005, 02:54 PM

Like puppets on strings or something...Its interesting to note how you look at yourself. After all, don't you have 18K posts here? Aren't you a member of CP?

Inspector
11-21-2005, 03:05 PM
I'd like to know when I became so incapable as a person that I have to be told that I shouldn't enjoy a victory. Really, what the hell are we doing here if we can't even enjoy a win even over a bad team? I'm not running around screaming Super Bowl with underwear on my head or anything, but is saying "don't get too excited" really necessary?

But...

theres nothing wrong with underwear on your head....is there?

(maybe this is why I keep getting those strange looks all the time....)