PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back, Offense...

Gaz
11-21-2005, 07:48 AM
I have been bagging on the inconsistent Offense just about all season long, so it is only right that I give them some love today. The Offense showed up for the entire game.

Glad to see you again, guys. Stick around for a while, willya?

xoxo~
Gaz
Enjoying the reunion.

jspchief
11-21-2005, 08:00 AM
I wonder if the return of Parker helps?

Obviously, playing a bad Texans team is probably the main contributing factor. But having a guy that is a legit speed threat may open up some things in the passing game, which in turn keeps teams honest against our rushing attack.

Cormac
11-21-2005, 08:16 AM
I think the output had more to do with the opposing _efense, than our O, but it was a heartening performance nonetheless. What impressed me most was the right side of the line. I think Welbourn and Shields had really good games, and I liked the run blocking especially. It was good to see Parker get involved again, too.

RedNFeisty
11-21-2005, 08:29 AM
Does it really count when it is against Houston?

I will give props when they do it again next week.

ROYC75
11-21-2005, 08:29 AM
Personally I think it was more the Texans than the Chiefs.

But that's just me........

Chief Henry
11-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Personally I think it was more the Texans than the Chiefs.

But that's just me........

Thats my opinion too. But it was good to see some TD's and
sustained drives.

Gaz
11-21-2005, 08:34 AM
Even thought it was against the Texans, the Offense showed up and did not fade.

That is worthy of praise in my book.

xoxo~
Gaz
Giving it up for the O.

kregger
11-21-2005, 08:34 AM
Agreed , it was the Texans. The Chiefs did exactly what you have to do to a bad team. Beat 'em soundly and don't even let them think they're in the game. STs almost f*#ked that up by being exposed as a sieve.

Extra Point
11-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Houston Texans: The team that builds the confidence of its opponents.

And some of you are calling for David Carr to be a Chief? 8 is the wrong number. Quit dialing it.

Let's see a good game out of the Chiefs this coming Sunday. Maybe last night's scrimmage against Houston will help defeat the Pats.

ROYC75
11-21-2005, 08:41 AM
Stumble last week in Buffalo and show up in Houston to beat the worst team in the NFL.......... and you want me to praise them ?

Sorry Gaz, No can do.

Gaz
11-21-2005, 08:42 AM
The problem with the Texans is not Carr. The problem is that he has [1] receiver and no OL.

I would be glad to have Carr on the Chiefs roster.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not sure what is expected of Carr when he is outnumbered 11 to 2.

Gaz
11-21-2005, 08:46 AM
ROYC75-

Buffalo was wretched, to be sure. The Offense deserved criticism and they received it. The Offense is to blame for the losses to Philadelphia and Buffalo. Spank them and move on.

“You keep carryin’ that anger, it’ll eat you up inside.”

Last night, the Offense showed up, stuck around for the whole game and laid a whuppin’ on a team that should have received that whuppin.

They did what they were supposed to do and they did it for the entire game.

Don’t be hatin’, Roy, give the O some love.

xoxo~
Gaz
Switching from the stick to the carrot.

ROYC75
11-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Sorry Gaz, Just can't do it.

For that matter, I can't give much praise to the Defense either...... It was the Texans.

As for Carr.....I don't know if it was the play calling or he just likes the left side of the field..... He threw it 3 - 1 on the left side all night. That's just bad offensive play calling.

Hoover
11-21-2005, 08:58 AM
I think Parker makes a difference, not a huge thing but his speed gives us a true deep threat.

I also thought the Oline played well.

Lzen
11-21-2005, 09:00 AM
I wonder if the return of Parker helps?

Obviously, playing a bad Texans team is probably the main contributing factor. But having a guy that is a legit speed threat may open up some things in the passing game, which in turn keeps teams honest against our rushing attack.

Yes, Parker helps. So did the play calling. So did the having extra blocking on certain plays. So did the not giving up on the run. So did the Texans not having any good pass rushers on their dline. Of course, the Texans shot themselves in the foot a lot. I still think we would've won easily without their mistakes, though.

BTW, that first TD they got on the kick return should've had a block in the back penalty called.

ROYC75
11-21-2005, 09:05 AM
BTW, that first TD they got on the kick return should've had a block in the back penalty called.

Would that have been the possible block in the back on Rich you saw ? It was damn close if it wasn't.

RedandGold
11-21-2005, 09:07 AM
It was fun to see the offense in a rhythm again, but I'm with most here that believe that it had more to do with Houston's defense than anything.

They were the football equivalent of a "slump buster"...

Mr. Kotter
11-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Offense?

Welllll-commmme Back....wel-come back, wel-come back, Welllll-commme Baaaaackkk.... :)

Andoverer
11-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Houston Texans: The team that builds the confidence of its opponents.

And some of you are calling for David Carr to be a Chief? 8 is the wrong number. Quit dialing it.

Let's see a good game out of the Chiefs this coming Sunday. Maybe last night's scrimmage against Houston will help defeat the Pats.

Hey a win against the Texans counts for the other teams that have played them (see Indianapolis) and it counts just as much for us. Beating ANY NFL team is a good accomplishment. Don't diss the win.

Lzen
11-21-2005, 10:03 AM
Would that have been the possible block in the back on Rich you saw ? It was damn close if it wasn't.

I'm not sure who it was on. I thought it was a block in the back when I first saw the play live. Then when they replayed it, I was pretty certain. Might've been on #30 (Washington). But I also thought there might have been another block in the back earlier on that play. If that were the Chiefs, surely there would've been a penalty. :shake:

Luzap
11-21-2005, 10:15 AM
It was also good to see Kris Wilson get a nice catch.

I think the offense needed this game just to get the 'sync' back. Hopefully, this will better prepare them for the Pats.

Luz
nor caring who we played against...

Bowser
11-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Gotta go with Gaz on this one. We should have laid this same performance on Buffalo. We didn't, but it was nice to see we are still capable of it.

And I disagree with ROY about our defensive performance. We held them to ten points at their place. That's nothing to thumb your nose at.

KCTitus
11-21-2005, 10:23 AM
The offense did what it should do to a 1 win team...dominated and the game was only close because of the ST return for a TD.

It's not like the team came out flat, let the Texans hang around or take a lead at any point in the game. That was last year, in KC...

HemiEd
11-21-2005, 10:37 AM
It was also good to see Kris Wilson get a nice catch.

I think the offense needed this game just to get the 'sync' back. Hopefully, this will better prepare them for the Pats.

Luz
nor caring who we played against...

Wilson's run after the catch was impressive to me as well. It was at a key 3rd down situation also.

Chris Meck
11-21-2005, 10:38 AM
guys, we did what we were supposed to do if we are to be considered a good team.

We went on the road and kicked the crap out of an inferior team. All statistics from this game are just as legitimate as any others; if we jump up in defensive rankings due to playing Houston, that's no different than any of the other teams that have also put a whoopin' on a bad team. If we move up in offensive rankings, well, that's also legit.

Jordan Black did play a better game, certainly, than at Buffalo. He's also clearly NOT Willie Roaf, but then again, Roaf is a sure-bet first ballot hall of famer. Kind of big shoes to fill.

What I found encouraging is that Saunders has adjusted to the available personnel and ran the offense to his players' strengths; meaning, we ran a LOT of straight ahead blocking, up the gut running plays which is LJ's forte rather than all the string it out stuff which is NOT Black's forte.

We did what we needed to do. Nothing more, nothing less.

Chris

Coogs
11-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Even thought it was against the Texans, the Offense showed up and did not fade.

That is worthy of praise in my book.

xoxo~
Gaz
Giving it up for the O.

AS stuck to the script this week. Didn't get fancy once we got into scoring range. Power and Play-Action all night long. Took the heat off of Black, which in turn kept the heat off of Green.

Need to see the same thning this Sunday.

BigChiefFan
11-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey Gaz, did you hear the announcers say Saunders ADMITTED his play calling hasn't been that good? Playcalling has been as big of a part of our losses as personel has.

stevieray
11-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Over 200 yards without Roaf and Sampson.

That kind of perfromance can really jumpstart this offense.. Play to our strengths, and we'll be fine.

Coogs
11-21-2005, 10:55 AM

That kind of perfromance can really jumpstart this offense.. Play to our strengths, and we'll be fine.

:thumb:

And here is one for BCF too. :thumb:

bringbackmarty
11-21-2005, 11:38 AM
1 and 9

that is all.

bringbackmarty.

does not think doing what we are supposed to do is good enough.
we shoud have scored 70 points instead of 45.

jidar
11-21-2005, 11:44 AM
1 and 9

that is all.

bringbackmarty.

does not think doing what we are supposed to do is good enough.
we shoud have scored 70 points instead of 45.

God damn, who let that retarded kid in here?

luv
11-21-2005, 12:40 PM
God damn, who let that retarded kid in here?
He kind of has a point. We looked really good against a now 1-9 team. I hope we can still look that good against harder teams.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Great game last night.

Man, if we could play teams like that all year, we'd be the Colts.

BigChiefFan
11-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Gaz?

chiefsfolife
11-22-2005, 11:10 AM
you guys take "realism" to a whole different level

Mile High Mania
11-22-2005, 12:27 PM

Well, it was the Texans... I believe they ranked dead last against the run going into week 11, it's a fact they do now. KC doesn't play a team below .500 the rest of the way, so... we'll soon see what the offense can do.

scooter
11-22-2005, 12:46 PM
I was only able to listen to the game, but it sounded like the extra protection on the O-line and switching to more of a power-running style helped all of the "O"...even though it was against the Texans.

If you are going to pick a team to try out something a little different for the first time, I would rather it be one that would be easier to execute on.