PDA

View Full Version : bears d-line gets 8 sacks

wolfpack0735
11-21-2005, 09:25 AM
the bears d-line got 8 sacks sunday. it must be nice to get that kind of production from your front 4. to get that kind production without blitzing everyone would really be great. a pipe dream i think.

Lzen
11-21-2005, 10:16 AM
I wonder if any of those guys will be FAs this offseason. :hmmm:

HemiEd
11-21-2005, 10:20 AM
I wonder if any of those guys will be FAs this offseason. :hmmm:

It would be nice to pluck one of thier Lineman, either side of the ball and return the favor (Tait). :cuss:

Dunit35
11-21-2005, 07:24 PM
8 sacks for a D-line is badass, I wish we could get half that a game.

Chiefnj
11-21-2005, 07:48 PM
How the Bears developed the OL - draft and one trade:

DE: Ogunleye - trade with Miami for Booker and a future draft choice. Injured most of his first year with the Bears.
KC equivalent - none. The Chiefs tried bringing in Hall and Holliday as FA's but both are a big step behind 'eye.

DT: T. Harris. - 1st round draft pick.
KC equivalent - Ryan Sims.

DT: Scott - 4th round pick in '03.
KC equivalent - Siavii/Freeman/Downing.

DE: Brown - 4th round pick in 02
KC equivalent - Wilkerson/Allen.

KC has made similar moves. The difference is that the Bears were able to develop 3/4ths of the line after several years. KC has failed developing their draft picks. That's the difference. You can't get better if you don't develop your own picks.

KCFANinNC
11-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Panthers O Line was absolutely awful as well.

milkman
11-21-2005, 10:51 PM
How the Bears developed the OL - draft and one trade:

DE: Ogunleye - trade with Miami for Booker and a future draft choice. Injured most of his first year with the Bears.
KC equivalent - none. The Chiefs tried bringing in Hall and Holliday as FA's but both are a big step behind 'eye.

DT: T. Harris. - 1st round draft pick.
KC equivalent - Ryan Sims.

DT: Scott - 4th round pick in '03.
KC equivalent - Siavii/Freeman/Downing.

DE: Brown - 4th round pick in 02
KC equivalent - Wilkerson/Allen.

KC has made similar moves. The difference is that the Bears were able to develop 3/4ths of the line after several years. KC has failed developing their draft picks. That's the difference. You can't get better if you don't develop your own picks.

You make a pretty valid argument.

One has to wonder, though, if Sims hadn't been injured at the start of the season, and Hall could stay healthy, if our D-Line would have been much more productive than it is right now?

Jared Allen is playing pretty damn well, and Jimmy Wilkerson has been fairly productive when he's been on the field.

Sims has been the missing piece.

John Matrix
11-21-2005, 10:58 PM
I know why Eric Hicks is still starting (Vermeil has some odd man-love for him) but I must ask, WHY IS ERIC HICKS STILL STARTING??

Nzoner
11-21-2005, 11:01 PM
That Bears D got me 26+ points in FF,they're outscoring the better part of my offensive players this year.

Dunit35
11-21-2005, 11:03 PM
I know why Eric Hicks is still starting (Vermeil has some odd man-love for him) but I must ask, WHY IS ERIC HICKS STILL STARTING??

Because EH gives Vermiel rigamortis(sp?) in his pants.

tk13
11-21-2005, 11:40 PM
I've been able to watch them play a few times this year. If there was one team you asked me to say has a Super Bowl defense, it's the Bears. They are so good. I'm really not sure who else is out there. Pittsburgh maybe? There really aren't a bunch of great defenses that jump out at you like previous years. The Colts and Bengals were two of very top defenses in the league going into yesterday and they both allowed a zillion points against a good offense. I'm not quite sure who is going to step up in the AFC with a solid defense to help them get into the Super Bowl. I guess Denver would be a candidate. I don't know.

Mecca
11-21-2005, 11:43 PM
Lovie Smith even turned the Rams into a good defense. The guy simply knows what he's doing out there. Not to mention trading Marty Booker for Ogunleye was a total ripoff, the Dolphins should be upset after that one.

DTLB58
11-22-2005, 12:26 AM
the bears d-line got 8 sacks sunday. it must be nice to get that kind of production from your front 4. to get that kind production without blitzing everyone would really be great. a pipe dream i think.

They are probably saying the same thing about our Offense. :)

Dunit35
11-22-2005, 12:55 AM
We have Downing, Freeman, Sands and Long. That should just about get the job done. Wait...nevermind...