PDA

View Full Version : 6 games left pick our wins!

Scorp
11-21-2005, 10:37 AM
Quite frankly I think we have a tough time beating any opponent of our last 6 games. Pick the games you think we will win.

Bowser
11-21-2005, 10:39 AM
The only thing I know for sure is that we are going to have to be 11-5 to make the playoffs. Two more losses and we're out. The AFC is just too deep.

DaFace
11-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Hmm...wrong poll type. I can only pick one game.

I'd say:
New England Patriots - W
Denver Broncos - L
at Dallas Cowboys - W
at New York Giants -L
San Diego Chargers - W
Cincinnati Bengals - L

I'm pessimistic. That way I won't be too depressed if I'm right.

Scorp
11-21-2005, 10:44 AM
damn messed up the poll can't make multiple choices. sorry my bad.

MIAdragon
11-21-2005, 10:47 AM
New England Patriots - W
Denver Broncos - L
at Dallas Cowboys - L
at New York Giants -W
San Diego Chargers - L
Cincinnati Bengals - L - may not start everyone, if so W

Mr. Kotter
11-21-2005, 10:48 AM
We run the table baby! :)

htismaqe
11-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Pats - win
Broncos - win
Dallas - loss
Giants - loss
Chargers - win
Bengals - win

10-6, no playoffs

Dr. Johnny Fever
I don't know if we'll win any of those games without some players like Roaf getting back from injury, some players steping up on offense, especially the line, and some good 'ol fashioned luck.

I hope we didn't watch our last win 'o the season last night. The meltdown will be full and furious if it was.

hypersensitiveZO6
Our main competition right now is Jacksonville, New England, and San Diego. We play 2 out of those 3 teams. I think right now a wildcard is all we can hope for.

I can't really pick what we are going to win and lose, but I think are toughest span is at Dallas and at New York. I think we can win the home games.

Prediction : 10-6

DaFace
11-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Our main competition right now is Jacksonville, New England, and San Diego. We play 2 out of those 3 teams. I think right now a wildcard is all we can hope for.

I can't really pick what we are going to win and lose, but I think are toughest span is at Dallas and at New York. I think we can win the home games.

Prediction : 10-6

New England? They'll win the AFCE, so there's no competition for a wildcard there. Cincy is a more realistic problem.

King_Chief_Fan
11-21-2005, 10:55 AM
New England Patriots - W
Denver Broncos - L
at Dallas Cowboys - L
at New York Giants -L
San Diego Chargers - L
Cincinnati Bengals - L

I may be overly pessimistic here, but I just don't see us doing any better than 7-9. Obvious losses to me is Giants and Bengals. NO way we stop Chad Johnson:shake:. But even if you throw a couple more wins in there and go 10-6 it isn't going to be enough. Like someone else said, 11-5 is what it will take. This team won't go 11-5.

mlyonsd
11-21-2005, 11:00 AM
New England Patriots - W
Denver Broncos - L
at Dallas Cowboys - L
at New York Giants -W
San Diego Chargers - W
Cincinnati Bengals - W

Since before the season I predicted 10-6 I have to pick 4 wins for it to come true.

But, in reality I'd say 8-8 is probably the best we can hope for unless the offense decides to stick around.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-21-2005, 11:01 AM
New England? They'll win the AFCE, so there's no competition for a wildcard there. Cincy is a more realistic problem.

I agree, but I think we have to beat out Jacksonville first. They have a very easy remaining schedule. I not really sure what Cincy is going to do.

the Talking Can
11-21-2005, 11:04 AM
honestly, we're the underdog in all of those games...we lost our margin for error when we blew it in Buffalo...

we could go 4-2 and make the playoffs at 10-6, i think, if we win all the AFC games...but I don't see how we do better than 3-3...too bad..

bringbackmarty
11-21-2005, 11:10 AM
chiefs win out, flame out in wildcard game, vermeil and priest dont retire, but roaf and shields do. Johnson turns into an even bigger prick. Basically the worst case scenario, but, we beat NE, SD, and Denver at arrowhead. Carl sells out next season, and makes a shitload of dough.

MOhillbilly
11-21-2005, 11:17 AM
IMO KC will go 3-3 a win at home against N.E. Dallas just because they would have played so many games in such a short time and the Chargers at home-cant let them ****ers beat us twice and sure as hell not at OUR house.

9-7

patteeu
11-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Pats - win
Broncos - win
Dallas - loss
Giants - loss
Chargers - win
Bengals - win

10-6, no playoffs

If the Chiefs go 10-6 with that particular combination of wins and losses, they will make the playoffs.

StcChief
11-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Loss with Philly and Buff is going to kill us....for tie-breaker issue.

Pats closet thing to W at home remaining.

Tough schedule ahead.
Dungver L (they get 10 days to prep)
@Dallas W
@NYG L
SD - W hard one
Cincy - W bearly

10-6 miss playoffs or edge Cincy out and lose in Dungver or Indy.

htismaqe
11-21-2005, 11:52 AM
If the Chiefs go 10-6 with that particular combination of wins and losses, they will make the playoffs.

Think so?

I see Denver winning the division and Cinci finishing one game ahead of us. Jacksonville gets in.

We don't.

Danush
11-21-2005, 11:58 AM
5-1. with the loss coming to either the Giants or Cowboys.

One home playoff game, a win; folllowed by a road win at Pittsburg, for the right to go to the Colts for the AFC crown.

greg63
11-21-2005, 11:59 AM
I'll say we go 5-1 and make the play-offs, but I'm an optimistic homer. :D

patteeu
11-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Think so?

I see Denver winning the division and Cinci finishing one game ahead of us. Jacksonville gets in.

We don't.

I don't think both Cincinnati and Pittsburgh will make it to 11-5 or better. I don't have the tie-breakers memorized, but if one of them ends up in a 10-6 tie with the Chiefs, the Chiefs will have the better AFC record and the Chiefs will have won the head-to-head against Cinci.

There's also an outside chance that either Jacksonville or Denver will stumble unexpectedly. If Denver loses on Thanksgiving to Dallas and later to San Diego in San Diego, they'd only have to lose one other game besides the one to the Chiefs to hand the Chiefs the division title under your scenario. Admittedly, this is a longshot since Denver would have to lose to either Buffalo, Oakland, or Baltimore, but it's a small possibility on top of the Cinci/Pittsburg possibility I mentioned above.

Of course, it's not a sure thing that we'd get in at 10-6, but I think we would if the wins come from our remaining AFC games.

BigRedChief
11-21-2005, 12:04 PM
I still see us at 10-6 as I did in the pre-season.We will win all of our home games and lose all of our road games.

htismaqe
11-21-2005, 12:09 PM
I don't think both Cincinnati and Pittsburgh will make it to 11-5 or better. I don't have the tie-breakers memorized, but if one of them ends up in a 10-6 tie with the Chiefs, the Chiefs will have the better AFC record and the Chiefs will have won the head-to-head against Cinci.

There's also an outside chance that either Jacksonville or Denver will stumble unexpectedly. If Denver loses on Thanksgiving to Dallas and later to San Diego in San Diego, they'd only have to lose one other game besides the one to the Chiefs to hand the Chiefs the division title under your scenario. Admittedly, this is a longshot since Denver would have to lose to either Buffalo, Oakland, or Baltimore, but it's a small possibility on top of the Cinci/Pittsburg possibility I mentioned above.

Of course, it's not a sure thing that we'd get in at 10-6, but I think we would if the wins come from our remaining AFC games.

Cinci's remaining schedule:

Baltimore - win
@ Pitt - loss
Cleveland - win
@ Detroit - win
Buffalo - win
@ KC - loss

That's 11-5

Pitt's remaining schedule

@ Indy - loss
Cinci - win
Chicago - loss
@ Minny - win
@ Cleveland - win
Detroit - win

That's also 11-5.

Unfortunately for us, Pitt, Cinci, and Jax all have very easy remaining schedules...

ceebz
11-21-2005, 12:13 PM
New England Patriots - L
Denver Broncos - W
at Dallas Cowboys - W
at New York Giants -L
San Diego Chargers - W
Cincinnati Bengals - L

Red Dawg
11-21-2005, 12:13 PM
We will not beat NE, Dallas nor the Giants, thus ending our playoff hopes. I hope to be wrong but really doubt I am. I really think the team will be pissed enough to beat SD and Denver plus run all over Cinci.