PDA

View Full Version : Pats discussion thread...

Chiefs Pantalones
11-21-2005, 01:43 PM
They are still the defending champs...it's gonna be hard...

Chiefs Pantalones
11-21-2005, 01:49 PM
The NFL is about to get real interesting, starting this week. Playoff berths on the line!

Undertaker #59
11-21-2005, 02:07 PM
It shouldn't be too hard for the Chiefs. The Pats are also 6-4, but not playing great ball right now. It is NEVER easy to win in KC, and the Patriots defense is just rotten with injuries. The Patriots MIGHT have some success against the running game, but that is relative. Meaning LJ will probably only get 150 yards and 2 TDs. Gonzalez should have a good game as the Pats linebackers have not covered the middle very well.

On the other side of the ball, the Patriots recently found a running game to take the place of an injured Dillon in the FB combo of Patrick Pass and 250lb Heath Evans who has more carries in the last two weeks than he had for his entire six year career previously.

But if the Chiefs open up a lead, which they should be able to do and make the game one-dimensional for the Patriots, it will be very difficult for Brady in Arrowhead.

JimNasium
11-21-2005, 02:10 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6303383319.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

KcKing
11-21-2005, 02:46 PM
It shouldn't be too hard for the Chiefs. The Pats are also 6-4, but not playing great ball right now. It is NEVER easy to win in KC, and the Patriots defense is just rotten with injuries. The Patriots MIGHT have some success against the running game, but that is relative. Meaning LJ will probably only get 150 yards and 2 TDs. Gonzalez should have a good game as the Pats linebackers have not covered the middle very well.

On the other side of the ball, the Patriots recently found a running game to take the place of an injured Dillon in the FB combo of Patrick Pass and 250lb Heath Evans who has more carries in the last two weeks than he had for his entire six year career previously.

But if the Chiefs open up a lead, which they should be able to do and make the game one-dimensional for the Patriots, it will be very difficult for Brady in Arrowhead.

^^^

I concur w/ the Pat Planet Troll....

(Not that that means much...)

Mecca
11-21-2005, 02:50 PM
It's still the Pats, Belichick will have a good idea of how to defense our offense which isn't what it was. Also this team did lose a home game to the Eagles they should have won.

I think the Chiefs should win this game but I'm not overly confident about it. Especially after that Bills game and what happened there.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-21-2005, 02:51 PM
F*ck the Pats record, this game is going to be tough. And we NEED it.

cadmonkey
11-21-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm not quite as nervous for this game as I was, say two or three weeks ago. Our defense has settled down a little bit and are not giving up the huge plays like they did against Dever. Although they did make Gus Ferotte look like a freaking All Pro.

Edubs
11-21-2005, 03:24 PM
I think this will be a good game and I hope the Chiefs come out on top. I will be interested in seeing Monty Beisel. How the hell is he doing as a Patriot?

Sully
11-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Belichick is going to miss a few practices this week, as his father just died. I wonder how that will impact the team's prep?

Amnorix
11-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Frankly, the Pats are a shell of what they were the last few seasons. Luckily for us, the Chiefs aren't exactly in 2003 form either.

I see a shootout, but a Chiefs win. Something like 30-28.

Undertaker #59
11-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Monty started the season as a starter at ILB with mixed results. He did very well against San Diego as Tomlinson's backpack as LT dragged him across the field regularly.

The Patriots have moved Vrabel inside and, as I am sure you are sick of hearing by now, Bruschi is back, so Monty and Chad Brown are now rotated in occasionally and play special teams.

Monty hurt his back last week and was inactive against the Saints.

Scalper
11-21-2005, 03:52 PM
It going to come down to whoever puts pressure on the quaterback. If we dont get to Brady he will light us up for over 400yards and 4TD's. If you dont have a patriot reciever on your fantasy you better get one.

RealSNR
11-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Frankly, the Pats are a shell of what they were the last few seasons. Luckily for us, the Chiefs aren't exactly in 2003 form either.

I see a shootout, but a Chiefs win. Something like 30-28.Remember that psycho ass shoot-out in Foxboro in 2002? That was some game.

I'll gladly take a good game by both teams, but none of this stuff that will give me a heart attack. Oh, and I'd like a Chiefs win, too, please :)

Edubs
11-21-2005, 03:57 PM
It would have been nice to have him on special teams yesterday. Our coverage was terrible and we are not giving Dante time to do crap!

Amnorix
11-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Remember that psycho ass shoot-out in Foxboro in 2002? That was some game.

I'll gladly take a good game by both teams, but none of this stuff that will give me a heart attack. Oh, and I'd like a Chiefs win, too, please :)

Yep. It's gonna be like that one all over again. I'm serious.

How are you guys at defending TEs? If you're not pretty solid, then remember the name "Ben Watson". He may or may not become the next Antonio Gates, but the last couple of games he's really lit it up.

If we had Dillon, then I'd be somewhat confident of a Pats win. Without him, I dunno. It all depends on your pass rush.

kcfanintitanhell
11-21-2005, 05:03 PM
It all depends on your pass rush.

If that means our front four, with the exception of Allen (on occasion), you can rest easy. Unless Sims makes it back this week.

RealSNR
11-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Yep. It's gonna be like that one all over again. I'm serious.

How are you guys at defending TEs? If you're not pretty solid, then remember the name "Ben Watson". He may or may not become the next Antonio Gates, but the last couple of games he's really lit it up.

If we had Dillon, then I'd be somewhat confident of a Pats win. Without him, I dunno. It all depends on your pass rush.I haven't seen this defense cover a TE/FB creeping out for a route all season. Run lots of screens, HB passes, and TE routes over the middle, and you'll soften this D up REEEEALLL easy. I'm amazed more teams haven't realized this yet. The first team to really do that was the Chargers.

Our pass rush is consistent. And by consistent I mean we will always collapse the pocket... it just takes longer than most teams :D If Brady does like I said above and gets rid of the ball quickly, the pass rush will not trouble your offense at all. Which is a very bad thing for us.

chiefsfan1963
11-21-2005, 05:15 PM
If we can't beat the Pats at home we don't deserve to be a playoff team!

Red Dawg
11-21-2005, 05:20 PM
It's still the Pats, Belichick will have a good idea of how to defense our offense which isn't what it was. Also this team did lose a home game to the Eagles they should have won.

I think the Chiefs should win this game but I'm not overly confident about it. Especially after that Bills game and what happened there.

My thought exactly. It's the champs with Belichick and Brady. Not to mention Teddy and Vrbal. They are not a push over. This will be a full 60 minute game that we must have.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2005, 05:53 PM
This is the game where our pass D MUST step up and have a huge game. I hope Surtain is healthy.

The Patriots won't run the ball on us. They've struggled all year in that regard.

Their D sucks so LJ should have another coming out party.

gcbroncos
11-21-2005, 06:09 PM
I think the Patriots are still a top 5 calibur team...so much heart

With that said...you guys should easily win as long as you give the ball to Larry Johnson 30 times (throw it to him too)

He's a manchild......

ceebz
11-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Brady will be a real test for the pass defense. Have they gotten better with Warfield in there? Or are they the same old sieve they've been for 3 years running?

The key for the Chiefs will be throwing the ball deep. NE's secondary has been suspect all year long on the deep ball. I expect Belicheck to flood the middle of the field, and force Kennison and Parker to beat them.

Are the Chiefs a bonafide playoff contender? This game will help answer that question.

Amnorix
11-21-2005, 08:39 PM
I haven't seen this defense cover a TE/FB creeping out for a route all season. Run lots of screens, HB passes, and TE routes over the middle, and you'll soften this D up REEEEALLL easy. I'm amazed more teams haven't realized this yet. The first team to really do that was the Chargers.

Our pass rush is consistent. And by consistent I mean we will always collapse the pocket... it just takes longer than most teams :D If Brady does like I said above and gets rid of the ball quickly, the pass rush will not trouble your offense at all. Which is a very bad thing for us.

Pats are the best screen team in the NFL. Have been for years. We just need a fugging healthy RB to catch the goddamn ball. :banghead:

We ran some good ones last coupla weeks, though, so mebbe. Guess we'll see.

In all truth, I had high hopes for this game. I was hoping my boys would be like 9-1 or whatever and you guys 8-2 and this would be a huge showdown. Sadly for both of us...that just ain't how it is.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2005, 08:40 PM
'Norix, what's the injury status for New England?

Also, is Monty Beisel still starting? :D

Amnorix
11-21-2005, 08:42 PM
This is the game where our pass D MUST step up and have a huge game. I hope Surtain is healthy.

The Patriots won't run the ball on us. They've struggled all year in that regard.

Their D sucks so LJ should have another coming out party.

Run game has been better the last couple of weeks. If Dillon and/or Faulk can come back healthy, then we'd be doing alot better. That said, we ran for over 4 yards per carry the last two weeks, and for over 130 yards last week against the 'Aints.

(the last two weeks were, admittedly, against the Dolphins and Saints, but...)

Actually, our run defense has REALLY shaped up wtih Bruschi back and Vrabel sliding into the middle at an ILB spot. It's our defensive backs that totally suck. The way to beat us is mid to long range passes.

I'm also WELL aware that we have no ILB that can hope to cover Gonzalez, and with Rodney Harrison out, none of our safeties can hope to match up physically with him either.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2005, 08:43 PM
That's good, what about your D-line? Seymour concerns me, our pass protection was good this week but Welbourn vs Seymour = :shake:

We do get Roaf back in all probability.

Amnorix
11-21-2005, 08:47 PM
'Norix, what's the injury status for New England?

Also, is Monty Beisel still starting? :D

Injuries? Lots and lots of 'em.

We're still missing (as of last week):

1. starting left tackle (Light, he will be back eventually)
2. starting center (Koppen, IR)
3. starting right tackle (Ashworth, he'll be back)
4. starting RB (Corey Dillon)
5. third down back (Kevin Faulk)
6. starting strong safety (Harrison, IR)
7. backup strong safety (Scott, IR)
8. third string strong safety (err...forgot his name, IR)
9. starting cornerback (Gay, will be back)
10. starting tight end (Graham, wil. be back)

Additionally, the last of the 3 RBs we started the season with, Patrick Pass, a hybrid FB/RB, has been nursing a hammy.

Beisel isn't starting anymore. We've got Bruschi back, obviously, and Mike Vrabel (6'4", 260 lbs) has slid to an ILB spot. Our starting LBs are now Colvin and McGinest on the outside, and those two on the inside, with Chad Brown adn Beisel (out last week with an injury) subbing in for them. It's been pretty effective.

We also have Richard Seymour back on the defensive line.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2005, 08:49 PM
So no Dillon?

Amnorix
11-21-2005, 08:49 PM
That's good, what about your D-line? Seymour concerns me, our pass protection was good this week but Welbourn vs Seymour = :shake:

We do get Roaf back in all probability.

Run defense has tightened noticeably the last 3 or so games. Seymour back makes alot of difference -- not so much that he is a LT-like terror, but he commands double-teams, draws holding calls, and opens things up for others to make plays as well.

Amnorix
11-21-2005, 08:50 PM
So no Dillon?

Doubt it. He's been nursing an ankle issue for over a month now. He played ONE snap 2 weeks ago, and sat out last week altogether.

I *think* that the Pats know that we're going to win the AFC East (cuz the res tof the division REALLY sucks) so we're nursing some injuries more than we might if we were going to struggle to make the playoffs, in the hopes that everyone is healthy by then.

:shrug: Or, he's really damn hurt. I dunno.

Bowser
11-21-2005, 10:21 PM
Our O-Line had best be up to the challenge. All of the Patriot's injuries aside, that front seven can still get after the QB. And Gonzalez isn't going to have another near 100 yard game this week, either. Vrabel and Bruschi will ride him all day.

Tom Brady is still Tom Brady. He sure the hell isn't going to have only three pass routes to choose from like Carr seemingly did. And he won't stare his receivers down, either.

I like what I've seen from the D the last few weeks. Hopefully last nights trouncing of the Texans will spark something for this week.

Whichever team wins, is going to win by a touchdown or less.