PDA

View Full Version : Stood up again!

leviw
11-22-2005, 11:05 PM
So there's this girl....

Anyway, we've been hanging out for a few weeks now--on and off, nothing overly serious. Well, last week I called her to see if she wanted to go to dinner/movie that weekend. She said her parents are coming to town, but she'd call me on Saturday, and we could do something on Sunday night.

Well, she didn't call. So that's cool. I'm not a TOTAL idiot, I can take a hint. So I didn't call her...just let it go. Whatever. Well, this past Saturday night SHE calls and says she'd like to go out this Tuesday night, because we're bothing going home over Thanksgiving break. And, here I am..11 p.m., and I haven't got a call or anything. Stood up again.

I'm fine if she doesn't want to do anything, but don't call me and try setting something up if you don't want to do anything. Seriously. And, it's not the first time, either. There's been multiple nights where she's called to ask what I was doing, only to tell me later in the conversation that she was just going to stay in and study, go to bed or whatever. What's the point of that?

I'm confused. I think I'll go back to chasing slutty girls...

morphius
11-22-2005, 11:11 PM
I think I'll go back to chasing slutty girls...

Are you sure she isn't, cause that could be the issue here...

leviw
11-22-2005, 11:13 PM
She looks/acts/talks so innocent (one of the reasons I'm attracted to her). But, who the hell knows for sure.

Phobia
11-22-2005, 11:14 PM
She had a better offer. Go find someone better than her.

Wow. I can't believe this wasn't obvious.

Phobia
11-22-2005, 11:14 PM
She looks/acts/talks so innocent (one of the reasons I'm attracted to her). But, who the hell knows for sure.

Fell for that one once. Heh. Wait until she turns 14, dude. :shake:

KChiefsQT
11-22-2005, 11:16 PM
eeeeeh women play mind games.

leviw
11-22-2005, 11:16 PM
She had a better offer.

Impossible.

Although, she did mention I was a little full of myself. I really didn't have a good argument against that.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2005, 11:17 PM
So what's the deal with this?

Are guys guilty of taking advantage of better offers too?

Like you've got a date with the girl next door and then suddenly the prom queen calls you up?

Hammock Parties
11-22-2005, 11:18 PM
I mean, this is just me, but I'd feel wrong standing someone up.

I'd always defer back to the prior engagement. Unless it was, y'know, Carrie Underwood or something.

Phobia
11-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Maybe she's still circling the block.

Phobia
11-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Maybe she didn't want you to discover her penis.

CosmicPal
11-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Impossible.

Don't get an ego- Dr. Phobia is right on the money. She's using you until she finds a better date.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2005, 11:20 PM

That's true, she could be really nervous.

leviw
11-22-2005, 11:21 PM
I mean, this is just me, but I'd feel wrong standing someone up.

I'd always defer back to the prior engagement. Unless it was, y'know, Carrie Underwood or something.

I can handle being stood up. I've had it happen to me before. I've done it before, but never have I instigated the plans and then stood the girl up. That's what she's doing. I have no answers.

KChiefsQT
11-22-2005, 11:21 PM
That's true, she could be really nervous.
hahaha.... atleast we know you're not a female. No way is she circling around the block cause she's nervous.... my guess she's circling around the cock of another man.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2005, 11:22 PM
hahaha.... atleast we know you're not a female. No way is she circling around the block cause she's nervous...

I know, I'm the only one that does that.

Phobia
11-22-2005, 11:22 PM
I can handle being stood up. I've had it happen to me before. I've done it before, but never have I instigated the plans and then stood the girl up. That's what she's doing. I have no answers.

Maybe she's so saddlesore she couldn't walk. Just a guess.

leviw
11-22-2005, 11:23 PM
hahaha.... atleast we know you're not a female. No way is she circling around the block cause she's nervous.... my guess she's circling around the cock of another man.

Ah, thanks QT. I can handle that coming from a guy on here. But, dang, coming from a chic...it's basically just verification. Dammit.

keg in kc
11-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Too easy.

Too easy.

CosmicPal
11-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Maybe she's so saddlesore she couldn't walk. Just a guess.

ROFL

KChiefsQT
11-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Ah, thanks QT. I can handle that coming from a guy on here. But, dang, coming from a chic...it's basically just verification. Dammit.
**** the twunt...kick her dumb innocent ass to the curb.
What are you doing home?? Go out and find a chick to get a sympathy **** from... guarantee you that'll get your mind off her.

Phobia
11-22-2005, 11:30 PM
What are you doing home?? Go out and find a chick to get a sympathy **** from... guarantee you that'll get your mind off her.

Would you like to marry me for the next 8 days?

KChiefsQT
11-22-2005, 11:31 PM
Would you like to marry me for the next 8 days?

No thanks.... I already have to deal with one ASSHOLE.. trust me he's enough.

leviw
11-22-2005, 11:32 PM

No need now. The fact that you used the word "twunt" just made my night. Thank you.

Phobia
11-22-2005, 11:33 PM

Okay, split the difference. And marriage is optional. I just want to check out that fat tongue over and over.

KChiefsQT
11-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Okay, split the difference. And marriage is optional. I just want to check out that fat tongue over and over.
:p it's not that fat.

Phobia
11-22-2005, 11:37 PM
:p it's not that fat.

That's totally a compliment. It's like ogling your rack or smacking you on the ass. A fat tongue is a message from God. He's saying that blowjobs are healthy and that uh - well, I don't know what else he's saying.

leviw
11-22-2005, 11:38 PM
...and that uh - well, I don't know what else he's saying.

That it's okay to have a big head, too.

Jenson71
11-22-2005, 11:45 PM
Girls are f*cking crazy. I'm just a beginner, but I already know it's gonna be one helluva trip...

StcChief
11-22-2005, 11:58 PM
No need now. The fact that you used the word "twunt" just made my night. Thank you.

Nice.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Twunt

n. Useful, satisfying yet inoffensive combination of two very rude words which can safely be spoken in primmest and properest company. Twat and ****.

[best british accent]"He's a right twunt!"[/best british accent]

Agreed she blew you off (not literally) or a complete inconsiderate Airhead.

Move on.

leviw
11-23-2005, 12:05 AM
Nice.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Twunt

n. Useful, satisfying yet inoffensive combination of two very rude words which can safely be spoken in primmest and properest company. Twat and ****.

[best british accent]"He's a right twunt!"[/best british accent]

Agreed she blew you off (not literally) or a complete inconsiderate Airhead.

Move on.

I just downed some nachoes and a Bud Light, so I'm on my way. But, the truth of the matter is, she'll probably call me tomorrow with a great reason (excuse) why she didn't call...and I'll probably forgive her. That probably makes me the twunt of this whole deal.

StcChief
11-23-2005, 12:15 AM
Excuse for not calling. When she called to set it up?
Her GFs made her a better offer to party with them....

How old is she?

Sounds like a flake. Bet she's been abusing guys this way for long time.

leviw
11-23-2005, 12:19 AM
Excuse for not calling. When she called to set it up?
Her GFs made her a better offer to party with them....

How old is she?

Sounds like a flake. Bet she's been abusing guys this way for long time.

Said she had to work until 9:30, and being a Tuesday w/ no classes tomorrow, most people already went home for the holiday...so I don't know how much partying anyone is doing.

She's 20 (year younger than me).

I don't know that she's abusing me, because I'm not all that upset. Just confused, more than anything.

luv
11-23-2005, 01:12 AM
Said she had to work until 9:30, and being a Tuesday w/ no classes tomorrow, most people already went home for the holiday...so I don't know how much partying anyone is doing.

She's 20 (year younger than me).

I don't know that she's abusing me, because I'm not all that upset. Just confused, more than anything.
I wouldn't count on her as anything more than a friend, if that. If you can't count on her to do what she says, how can you count on her for anything. I recently stood someone up off of here (meeting someone to watch the game). That won't happen again. Once is one thing, but anything more than that, I wouldn't put up with.

JohnnyV13
11-23-2005, 01:29 AM

Thanks a lot Kara. I love you too.

KChiefsQT
11-23-2005, 01:31 AM
Thanks a lot Kara. I love you too.
You're just AN asshole... not MY asshole. :p

KCChiefsMan
11-23-2005, 01:35 AM
she knows she can be in control, don't say yes to her every request, if she asks you to hang out another night, tell her that you're busy..

KChiefsQT
11-23-2005, 01:37 AM
she knows she can be in control, don't say yes to her every request, if she asks you to hang out another night, tell her that you're busy..
better idea. Don't pick up your phone. Let that bitch ring and ring.... whatever you do don't PICK IT UP.

JohnnyV13
11-23-2005, 01:43 AM
You're just AN asshole... not MY asshole. :p

I'm gratified to learn we are not anatomically connected

Valiant
11-23-2005, 01:47 AM
So there's this girl....

Anyway, we've been hanging out for a few weeks now--on and off, nothing overly serious. Well, last week I called her to see if she wanted to go to dinner/movie that weekend. She said her parents are coming to town, but she'd call me on Saturday, and we could do something on Sunday night.

Well, she didn't call. So that's cool. I'm not a TOTAL idiot, I can take a hint. So I didn't call her...just let it go. Whatever. Well, this past Saturday night SHE calls and says she'd like to go out this Tuesday night, because we're bothing going home over Thanksgiving break. And, here I am..11 p.m., and I haven't got a call or anything. Stood up again.

I'm fine if she doesn't want to do anything, but don't call me and try setting something up if you don't want to do anything. Seriously. And, it's not the first time, either. There's been multiple nights where she's called to ask what I was doing, only to tell me later in the conversation that she was just going to stay in and study, go to bed or whatever. What's the point of that?

She is playing you.. You are prolley one of the nice guys she thinks she can mess with and then fall on if one of the asshole guys dicks her over... Straight up tell her you are interested in one of her friends, she will probe and then you can go on about how you want a girl that is not a total bitch and you think that is her friend... She will either help you out or cuss you out, either way it is a win/win because you will find out the truth...

Valiant
11-23-2005, 01:49 AM

ahahha ****ing classic...

Valiant
11-23-2005, 01:54 AM

Listen to her, I got stood up on two offers to a girl I was into and her girlfriends said she was into me... Well found out she spent the night over at my friends house(cannot blame him, she is a ****ing 10) well I do not talk to her now, she calls I act like a ass to her and she is wondering why... Long story short, my buddy is a womanizer and he is going to **** her over and I am going to call her on it to make her feel more used and abused... Hell, at least I would have tried for a relationship with her...

By the way, she is so ****ing hot... Almost D boobs, great ass, 115lbs, pretty as hell and likes sports... Too bad she has no common sense..

Valiant
11-23-2005, 01:56 AM
I just downed some nachoes and a Bud Light, so I'm on my way. But, the truth of the matter is, she'll probably call me tomorrow with a great reason (excuse) why she didn't call...and I'll probably forgive her. That probably makes me the twunt of this whole deal.

**** that tell her you went to the bar and met some really nice girl that was into you, and you went back to her place...

TheNextStep
11-23-2005, 02:00 AM
Can I just ask the obvious question that nobody seems to have thought to ask: did you guys have definite, specific plans or was it "We should do something Tuesday night" and that was it? If it's the latter, you're a schmuck for not nailing down something more specific and concrete...

I'm just sayin'...

Abba-Dabba
11-23-2005, 02:06 AM
Some men are just born to be played.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-23-2005, 02:07 AM
Stay away from KState chicks (I'm assuming you both go to school there).

Tribal Warfare
11-23-2005, 02:32 AM
leviw, in the game we call these individuals flakes.

JimNasium
11-23-2005, 05:16 AM
Sounds like a good candidate for the old grudge ****.

Miles
11-23-2005, 05:33 AM
She sounds a bit flaky but might as well leave your options open. Just don't blow off any plans or opportunities for her and definility don't stay in for the night waiting around for her to call.

Yeah JimNasium's plan is also good.

kcxiv
11-23-2005, 05:53 AM
Just leave your options open, one day she may get lonely, then you do the playing :).

Inspector
11-23-2005, 07:45 AM
Start stalking her.

Chicks dig that.

ChiefFripp
11-23-2005, 07:54 AM
Don't get hung up on one woman, they all pretty much come with the same flaws and benefits. Next time she tries to make plans with you just tell her you have to check with her gynecologist first.

Skip Towne
11-23-2005, 08:05 AM
Every month we see a thread like this on here. I'll never understand why a guy would let a chick run over him. Women don't respect that and will keep it up as long as you allow it. I'd get away from her pronto. Oh, yeah, sack up.

Rain Man
11-23-2005, 08:13 AM
I think a good rule in life is to give someone one mulligan in screwing you over. If they do something a second time, they're nothing but trouble and needed to be traded in or discarded in a trash can at McDonald's.

Skip Towne
11-23-2005, 08:15 AM
I think a good rule in life is to give someone one mulligan in screwing you over. If they do something a second time, they're nothing but trouble and needed to be traded in or discarded in a trash can at McDonald's.
That's for wusses. Jack me around I kick you in the nads.

kepp
11-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Same thing...that's how she keeps you on the hook. In this case, CONFUSED=ABUSED

Rain Man
11-23-2005, 08:29 AM
That's for wusses. Jack me around I kick you in the nads.

They make tasers for that now, you know.

Iowanian
11-23-2005, 08:40 AM
better idea. Don't pick up your phone. Let that bitch ring and ring.... whatever you do don't PICK IT UP.

Negative ghostrider.

For Maximum effect, you simply have another girl(friend) or roomate's girlfriend or whoever...answer your phone for you.

Her instructions are simple, she is to:
1. pick up phone
2. slight giggle with the words "oh levi"...in a semi sarcastic tone like you've just said something clever
3. Faux-focus on the phone call and say "hello, Levi's phone".

No specific plan was made other than "i'll call you and set something up", and she went to a party, or went home early. Its also possible that she hooked up with some bad boy, and because her laaaabia hang down like a Condor's wings, she caught the cooter-Bird flu.

Iowanian
11-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Also, if you don't know that any further advice will involve shagging another girl that will maker her jealous, you're just not paying attention here.

Rausch
11-23-2005, 08:49 AM

Danger Will Robinson!

sedated
11-23-2005, 09:18 AM
I like Iowanian's plan, simply genious.

If you just want to f*ck her, don't get so emotionally attached. Just let whatever happens happen.

If you think it's more than that, don't. She clearly doesn't think enough of you to respect the plans that you made, much less like you enough to start a serious relationship.

MOhillbilly
11-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Same thing...that's how she keeps you on the hook. In this case, CONFUSED=ABUSED

Classic passive-aggresive.

who the **** has time for that shit? punch them, lock them, kill them.

leviw
11-23-2005, 09:35 AM
I like Iowanian's plan, simply genious.

If you just want to f*ck her, don't get so emotionally attached. Just let whatever happens happen.

If you think it's more than that, don't. She clearly doesn't think enough of you to respect the plans that you made, much less like you enough to start a serious relationship.

That was the whole point of this one. It wasn't just for the f*ck. I thought it could be more than that. But, you're right on after that.

leviw
11-23-2005, 09:37 AM
Can I just ask the obvious question that nobody seems to have thought to ask: did you guys have definite, specific plans or was it "We should do something Tuesday night" and that was it? If it's the latter, you're a schmuck for not nailing down something more specific and concrete...

I'm just sayin'...

We didn't have definite, specific plans other than her calling when she got off work.

Iowanian
11-23-2005, 09:39 AM
Then you didn't get stood up.

She just didn't call.

Walk it off....and if you want any shot at all, stop acting like a puppy on a porch waiting for your master to come home and take you for a walk.

Your best move now is to ignore her and make her come to you.

leviw
11-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Stay away from KState chicks (I'm assuming you both go to school there).

It's hard not to find one that isn't overly cornfed or absolutley busted in the face. She was neither...but obviously had other problems.

MOhillbilly
11-23-2005, 09:43 AM

no doubt, treat her like she doesnt exist.

leviw
11-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Oh, yeah, sack up.

Seems to be the consensus.

CosmicPal
11-23-2005, 09:48 AM

Nah...date her sister.

leviw
11-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Nah...date her sister.

Great call. I think her sister is coming to K-State next year, too.

Iowanian
11-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Nah...date her sister.

Silly rabbit.........You save that for the finishing move, after she breaks his heart in a month because he's not listening now.

That list includes
1. sister
2. Best friend
3. Hot chic thats your friend that she's been jealous of before
4. her Arch rival

leviw
11-23-2005, 10:19 AM
Silly rabbit.........You save that for the finishing move, after she breaks his heart in a month because he's not listening now.

That list includes
1. sister
2. Best friend
3. Hot chic thats your friend that she's been jealous of before
4. her Arch rival

I'm listening. I haven't answered my phone all morning.

MOhillbilly
11-23-2005, 10:20 AM
4. her Arch rival

**** yeah, the arch rival will put a girl in the asylum.

leviw
11-23-2005, 10:25 AM
**** yeah, the arch rival will put a girl in the asylum.
Hypothetical...

What if her arch rival is her roommate and ex-best friend? "Ex" because several months ago the roommate went out of her way to hook this guy up with one of her friends even though she new that 'my girl' liked him.

Like I said....hypothetical...

Rausch
11-23-2005, 10:28 AM

**** that. What if someone worth a **** calls?

Nein. You answer when she calls, only you play video games and act like you'd rather be pushing out a jalapeno-peppered-curly.

Women prefer to be hated over ignored...

MOhillbilly
11-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Hypothetical...

What if her arch rival is her roommate and ex-best friend? "Ex" because several months ago the roommate went out of her way to hook this guy up with one of her friends even though she new that 'my girl' liked him.

well then, you might have a jumper on campus.

Rausch
11-23-2005, 10:34 AM
Hypothetical...

You're overthinking this...

Go see THIS MOVIE (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111048/) and understand that Spabb is a prophet, and his word is the tao of the sane...

leviw
11-23-2005, 10:39 AM
**** that. What if someone worth a **** calls?

Nein. You answer when she calls, only you play video games and act like you'd rather be pushing out a jalapeno-peppered-curly.

Well, actually, no one has called this morning. But I'll be damned if won't be playing video games if/when she calls.

Women prefer to be hated over ignored...
Why would I do what she prefers?

Rain Man
11-23-2005, 10:43 AM

I believe that his advice is to be completely indifferent to her. In other words, don't hate her, ignore her other than responding as you would respond to a guy that you don't particularly want to hang out with.

Rausch
11-23-2005, 10:46 AM

Uh, you don't.

That's why I said you should pretty much not give a $#it...

Rausch
11-23-2005, 10:47 AM
I believe that his advice is to be completely indifferent to her. In other words, don't hate her, ignore her other than responding as you would respond to a guy that you don't particularly want to hang out with.

He's in my mind!!!!11!

sedated
11-23-2005, 10:47 AM

Doesn't count if it's not ringing...

Rain Man
11-23-2005, 10:49 AM
He's in my mind!!!!11!

I sense...dust...and dry leaves...and several 900 numbers.

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/lnebpictures/Spock/Spock_mind_meld.jpg

Iowanian
11-23-2005, 10:55 AM
I was just thinking.

Its slow today. I've got work to do, but I'm tired from being kept up most of the nights over the past week.

You give me her number, and We'll do a live Chiefsplanet-pre-thanksgiving conference call. I'll moderate and help you work out the details of finalizing this contract.

Rain Man
11-23-2005, 10:58 AM
I'd take Iowanian up on this, leviw. He'll seal the deal for you.

Iowanian
11-23-2005, 10:59 AM
Just think....You could all be there, as history is made.

I can hook this up.

leviw
11-23-2005, 11:00 AM
I was just thinking.

Its slow today. I've got work to do, but I'm tired from being kept up most of the nights over the past week.

You give me her number, and We'll do a live Chiefsplanet-pre-thanksgiving conference call. I'll moderate and help you work out the details of finalizing this contract.

You know, if I thought it was even the tiniest bit worth it, I would seriously consider doing it. If nothing else, it would throw her into a whirl, and THAT would be hilarious.

Predarat
11-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Fool me once shame on you!
Fool me twice shame on ME.
Fool me agian and the bitch owns me.

leviw
10-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Wow. This is hilarious.

She must of had a nice excuse for this...or my nuts in a vice from the very beginning...one of the two. We've been dating over six months, now.

I'm going to have her read this.

Rain Man
10-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Dump her. Trust me on this one.

leviw
10-23-2006, 05:43 PM
I need a warrant first.

StcChief
10-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Give up man, not getting any regular now, won't happen.