PDA

View Full Version : My Dog is Having Nightmares...

CosmicPal
11-23-2005, 09:32 AM
Three nights in a row now, I'll be awakened by my dog either barking softly while he's sleeping or worse- whimpering as if he hurt his leg or something. I'll wake up and he's just lying there asleep, and sometimes he'll shake as if he was falling in his sleep.

:hmmm:

I wonder what the hell is giving him nightmares?

Oh....let the carnage begin.

htismaqe
11-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Stop humping your dog. He'll stop having nightmares.

ChiefsFan4Life
11-23-2005, 09:35 AM
You must have the Eagles and Bills game on repeat.

CosmicPal
11-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Stop humping your dog. He'll stop having nightmares.

Yea. Ok. :shake:

Frankie
11-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Worked for MY dog! :p

CosmicPal
11-23-2005, 09:46 AM

And your sheep, and your horse, and your pigs...

:D

htismaqe
11-23-2005, 09:46 AM

ROFL

You've been here long enough to know that you were going to get at least one response like that.

CosmicPal
11-23-2005, 09:50 AM
ROFL

You've been here long enough to know that you were going to get at least one response like that.

Yep...that's why I mentioned "...let the carnage begin..." in the original post.

Duck Dog
11-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Dogs dreaming is not unusual. My dogs do it all the time. I've seen my male lay there and run in place, growl, whine and bark. I even saw him dry hump the air AND FINISH! That's right, my dog had a wet dream. (lucky bastage)

CosmicPal
11-23-2005, 09:58 AM
I even saw him dry hump the air AND FINISH! That's right, my dog had a wet dream. (lucky bastage)

Ewwwwwwww.

Bwana
11-23-2005, 10:00 AM
I don't know that it resulted from you "loven him up" as much as the fact that you named him "Clinton." :)

sedated
11-23-2005, 10:05 AM
I even saw him dry hump the air AND FINISH! That's right, my dog had a wet dream.

That why I don't let the dog watch when me and my girl are fuggin.

I know he's thinkin about it later, all sorts of nasty dog thoughts.

Baby Lee
11-23-2005, 10:34 AM
My dog can be relied upon to chase at least one squirrel in his sleep per nap. Paws flailing, tentative woofs, a very entertaining show in all.

Rain Man
11-23-2005, 10:46 AM
I'll bet he just learned how to read the ingredients on a dog food can.

Duck Dog
11-23-2005, 10:47 AM
My dog can be relied upon to chase at least one squirrel in his sleep per nap. Paws flailing, tentative woofs, a very entertaining show in all.

exactly, they gotta be chasing something. My male is very docile, so it's funny as hell to hear him growl and bark in his sleep.

Radar Chief
11-23-2005, 11:55 AM
I've seen my male lay there and run in place, growl, whine and bark.

Got a female Chocolate lab that does the exact same thing, must be chase’n rabbits.

Or squirrels. ;)

Inspector
11-23-2005, 11:59 AM
I had the same problem last night.

Then I woke up and realized I was dreaming about the school teacher that got busted and I was only 14 years old.

Baby Lee
11-23-2005, 12:01 PM
I had the same problem last night.

Then I woke up and realized I was dreaming about the school teacher that got busted and I was only 14 years old.
My dog doesn't need a Chubbs afterwards.

ROYC75
11-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Tell him he can't watch Blues Clues or Scobby anymore.

BIG_DADDY
11-23-2005, 12:28 PM
My dog gets 2 or 3 of them a night. Probably having nightmares of fast approaching war on dogs out there trying to exterminate him.

stumppy
11-23-2005, 12:55 PM
My dog gets 2 or 3 of them a night. Probably having nightmares of fast approaching war on dogs out there trying to exterminate him.

Maybe you should limit his access to cable news channels and the internet. There are some things they just don't need to see.

BIG_DADDY
11-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Maybe you should limit his access to cable news channels and the internet. There are some things they just don't need to see. ROFL

foxman
11-23-2005, 02:17 PM
So, I am looking at my video shelf to pick a movie out and I keep hearing this gawd awful rackett. I am sitting there thinking WTF is that noise and then it hits me. The female lab is asleep in the garage, just on the other side of the wall that I am on and she is snoring so loud that I can hear it on the other side of the wall. My dog snores louder than I do.

As far as dreams, that's probably the best part of her day since I think she has developed arthritus.

ck_IN
11-23-2005, 02:26 PM
<i>I'll be awakened by my dog either barking softly while he's sleeping or worse- whimpering as if he hurt his leg or something.</i>

Have you been scaring the poor animal by showing it 'Clinton in 08' bumper stickers?! That would make me whimper in fright! :cuss:

Rain Man
11-23-2005, 03:02 PM
If I was a dog, I don't think my nightmares would be a lot different. I'd probably be wearing a collar instead of a Chiefs jersey, but either way I'd still be dreaming of giant mutant squirrels.

Radar Chief
11-23-2005, 03:03 PM
As far as dreams, that's probably the best part of her day since I think she has developed arthritus.

Children’s Aspirin will help with that. Seriously.

morphius
11-23-2005, 03:06 PM
have you tried saying "good boy" a few times while he is dreaming? Might be enough to shut off the nightmare.

CosmicPal
11-23-2005, 03:06 PM
If I was a dog, I don't think my nightmares would be a lot different. I'd probably be wearing a collar instead of a Chiefs jersey, but either way I'd still be dreaming of giant mutant squirrels.

I think you just gave me some nightmares.

foxman
11-23-2005, 03:11 PM
Children’s Aspirin will help with that. Seriously.

Really, I hadnt heard that before, I'll pick some up tonight. Poor thing moves like she's 110 years old. I think she is 8 so even in dog years she only 56.

Frankie
11-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Children’s Aspirin will help with that. Seriously.How'bout with cats? One of mine is having arthritic hip problems.

Radar Chief
11-23-2005, 04:17 PM
How'bout with cats? One of mine is having arthritic hip problems.

I don’t know, you might check with your vet first but I doubt it’d hurt it. Certainly be worth a shot if it helps ease their pain.

Duck Dog
11-23-2005, 04:37 PM
You can use regular asprin. I give it to my dogs every weekend after long days hunting. I put two in a spoon with some water and disolve them, then add it to their food. Just don't do it every day. There are also some canine meds on the market that work too.

Calcountry
11-23-2005, 04:46 PM
I'll be awakened by my dog either barking softly while he's sleeping or worse- whimpering as if he hurt his leg or something.

Have you been scaring the poor animal by showing it 'Clinton in 08' bumper stickers?! That would make me whimper in fright! :cuss:I have a good anti Clinton slogan all ready to roll for the bumper stickers.

DITCH THE BITCH!
VOTE REPUBLICAN '08