PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Lions Vs Atlanta Vicks

chagrin
11-24-2005, 01:57 PM
My God the Lions have sunk below even their own low level of performance. I just watched Garcia throw a 50 yard pass to a CB running by himself. Harrington has been benched for sucking ass again. Boy am I glad we don't have that suckass as our QB. It's just hard to believe a team with those WR's and pretty damn decent Defense can be sooo bad.

Happy thanksgiving by the way

Spicy McHaggis
11-24-2005, 02:00 PM
My God the Lions have sunk below even their own low level of performance. I just watched Garcia throw a 50 yard pass to a CB running by himself. Harrington has been benched for sucking ass again. Boy am I glad we don't have that suckass as our QB. It's just hard to believe a team with those WR's and pretty damn decent Defense can be sooo bad.

I guarantee you CP is licking his chops looking at Harrington as he mumbles "A 5th rounder, I bet they would take a 5th rounder!!"

milkman
11-24-2005, 02:07 PM

I thought Harrington played pretty well, actually.

Garcia has looked like crap.

Hell, I would give a 5th rounder for Joey and see what he could do in this offense with Shea's tutelage.

Detroit is just a bad situation for him.

Deberg_1990
11-24-2005, 02:18 PM
I guarantee you CP is licking his chops looking at Harrington as he mumbles "A 5th rounder, I bet they would take a 5th rounder!!"

I guess Ryans Sims isnt so bad after all?? If Harrington would have been on the board at #6 in 2002 im sure he would be a Chief.

MichaelH
11-24-2005, 02:58 PM
There has to be a rule that the teams in the Thanksgiving day games must either have a winning record or an offense that can compete. The game was a snoozer before any turkey and beer was involved.

Deberg_1990
11-24-2005, 03:00 PM
There has to be a rule that the teams in the Thanksgiving day games must either have a winning record or an offense that can compete. The game was a snoozer before any turkey and beer was involved.

I think they should rotate the games every year. Ive argured for awhile that both Detroit and Dallas have an unfair advantage.

Mecca
11-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Those WR's aren't as good as they should be. Charles Rogers drops a ton of balls, Mike Williams is really slow and Roy Williams is injury prone.

All that being said, their line is eh and Harrington isn't a good fit for the west coast offense. He needs to go somewhere else that suits his talents better.

Bowser
11-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Those WR's aren't as good as they should be. Charles Rogers drops a ton of balls, Mike Williams is really slow and Roy Williams is injury prone.

All that being said, their line is eh and Harrington isn't a good fit for the west coast offense. He needs to go somewhere else that suits his talents better.

I remember Harrington made his living going down the field at Oregon. You'd think the Lions' O-Coordinator might pick up on that.

Mecca
11-24-2005, 03:06 PM
I remember Harrington made his living going down the field at Oregon. You'd think the Lions' O-Coordinator might pick up on that.

Mariucci is into that west coast offense stuff way more than he should be. It's obvious it doesn't suit Harrington, you pointed out what he did in college and it's totally opposite of the WCO.

No one is really going to know what Harrington is till he gets in a vertical offense.

chagrin
11-24-2005, 03:28 PM
I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you. I know that some folks may not believe you have to watch a guy play week in and week out (none of you btw) but I lived up in Ann Arbor for 8 years, was there when they drafted him and have watched that team every Sunday for 8 years. Joey Harrington sucks, they DID let him throw vertical for his first few years (not a full WCO at the time) and he sucks, he has NEVER been able to put a good game together, with the exception of 2 times - both coming at home against Arizona. He has had every chance in the world, and that O-Line at one point, for I think it was at least 3 years in a row, allowed the fewest sacks in the NFL, and then were in the top 5 units for that too - and this year they are a hell of alot better than alot of units in the NFL, so that is not true, it's just not. I don't now exactly what his stron suit is, but guys, he cannot hit a wide open WR and hasn't been able to since joining the NFL. He can't throw on the run, he can't throw when he has time in the pocket, he cannot scramble, roll out or anything else. He is just bad, that's it. He was fine in COLLEGE but he doesn't make it as a NFL QB. Hell, at least Jake the Fake can at least throw TDs as well as INTs. I'm sorry, but there is not way in hell he would be successful here, and I pray he doesn't come anywhere near this team unless it's as an opponent.

If we are going to talk about a young QB who hasn't benefitted from a decent O-Line OR Coaching staff, let's talk about David Carr. I feel very very sorry for him. Joey just needs to go back home and eat more of his Grandma's soda bread, which he is so proud of.

Anyway, I probably won't be back on today, and I don't mean any offense. Just wanted to try and explain myself better.

Have a great weekend guys!

Sure-Oz
11-24-2005, 03:30 PM
I loved garcias floater.

Thig Lyfe
11-24-2005, 06:26 PM
I loved garcias floater.

umm.... gross.

:p

anyway, sure was a good decision to draft WRs in the first round three straight years, huh Matt Millen?

KCChiefsMan
11-24-2005, 07:30 PM
I noticed you called them the Atlanta Vicks, why would you say that when Vick is clearly the worst player on that team and they will never go anywhere with him because he doesn't put up pretty lookin traditional passing stats....... :p