PDA

View Full Version : Props to our Bronco BB members, your guys deserve it this year.

Logical
11-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Great, victory in a tough place, on a tough day to gain a Victory. :banghead:

Deberg_1990
11-24-2005, 06:49 PM
Agreed....i have ZERO faith the Chiefs can go into Dallas in a few weeks and play them as tough as Denver just did.

|Zach|
11-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Agreed....i have ZERO faith the Chiefs can go into Dallas in a few weeks and play them as tough as Denver just did.
Yes we know...you have never had faith in anything KC does.

Thanks for not giving us your "I hate to say this" disclaimer.

|Zach|
11-24-2005, 06:50 PM
I didn't think Denver was that beatable until I saw them play today.

Sure-Oz
11-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Good win by denver but I think we can still beat any team on any given day.

Pants

Yeap.

Deberg_1990
Yes we know...you have never had faith in anything KC does.

Thanks for not giving us your "I hate to say this" disclaimer.

So what have you seen out of the Chiefs on the road this year that makes you think they will play as tough as Denver did today???

milkman
11-24-2005, 06:53 PM
You are giving props too early.

Denver can still lose to us next week, and SD down the road.

It ain't over yet.

|Zach|
11-24-2005, 06:54 PM
So what have you seen out of the Chiefs on the road this year that makes you think they will play as tough as Denver did today???
A solid running game and great defense.

I don't know why you are defensive. I am just being a mirror for what you post. You don't have faith in anything the Chiefs do...

Rausch

WTF schedule are you looking at?

ChiefsCountry
Denver didn't dominate. Dallas had that game. Some of you guys live in an la la land sometimes.

Deberg_1990
11-24-2005, 06:56 PM

I don't know why you are defensive. I am just being a mirror for what you post. You don't have faith in anything the Chiefs do...

After that egg they laid in Buffalo, Your right I dont. Good teams dont do that.

4th and Long
11-24-2005, 06:56 PM
Oh look. DoucheBag_1990 and has 1/2 empty glass .. IN DA HOUSE!

hypersensitiveZO6
11-24-2005, 06:58 PM
If you don't remember, this is a chiefs site. We are going to make the playoffs this year.

Garcia Bronco
Thanks Logical

Pants

I think I already asked you this. Why are you following this team/watching the games if you know they're going to lose every week. How is this enjoyable for you? Do you enjoy watching your team lose?

Wa-Z
11-24-2005, 06:59 PM

Solid running game??? It didn't exist till that last play...the only exception was that touchdown run.

Hydrae
11-24-2005, 06:59 PM
I agree that this game hurt the Chiefs chances. But they still have to win in KC and SD before they can be crowned AFCW champs.

Deberg_1990
11-24-2005, 07:00 PM
? Do you enjoy watching your team lose?

Hell No! Of course not...im just pissed the Chiefs have never played to their potential under 5 years of Vermeil. Its up one week, down the next....

Pants
11-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Hell No! Of course not...im just pissed the Chiefs have never played to their potential under 5 years of Vermeil. Its up one week, down the next....

So why are you following them? You, yourself, said you have ZERO faith in the Chiefs and since you don't enjoy them losing (even though they have a ****ing winning record), why follow the team?

RedThat
11-24-2005, 07:17 PM
So why are you following them? You, yourself, said you have ZERO faith in the Chiefs and since you don't enjoy them losing (even though they have a ****ing winning record), why follow the team?

I just think the guy is in a deep negative state about his own team. Thats all.
Deep down inside he probably loves the Chiefs. I say stupid sh*t about my team too, it's normal, the guy is venting out emotion. Thats all it is.

Mr. Kotter
11-24-2005, 07:19 PM

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about it...but I gotta agree. If we play as well in Dallas I'll be pretty pleased.

It's not over though, and as long as we take care of business the rest of the way I like our chances to make a race of it. Guess we'll get a glance of that this weekend.

Go CHIEFS!!!

milkman
11-24-2005, 07:20 PM

A real fan still watches and cares for his team, even if he has no faith in that team.

I assume you abandoned the team during the 80s.

RedThat
11-24-2005, 07:24 PM
A real fan still watches and cares for his team, even if he has no faith in that team.

I assume you abandoned the team during the 80s.

Sometimes I have no faith, but, my loyalty always remains. I dont know if that makes sense? But anyway, there comes a time where you dont think your team is going anywhere, but, deep down inside you still love them is where Im trying to get at.

SoCalBronco
11-24-2005, 07:26 PM
I agree that this game hurt the Chiefs chances. But they still have to win in KC and SD before they can be crowned AFCW champs.

Im not sure thats true. Denver is at 9 wins. I think 11 will win it. We only need to hold serve at home against Oakland and Baltimore. That said, even that will be a test. Baltimore has had our number for years and Oakland beat us at Mile High last year. Still, I think we can get to 11 one way or another. At KC and At SD will be very tough games to win, just like this Dallas game. I am very thankful to win that game. A real dogfight that could have gone either way. I think the Broncos are turning the corner though, from 2001-2004, this is the kind of game we would have dropped in the 4th quarter.

Oh and thanks Logical.

milkman
11-24-2005, 07:27 PM
Sometimes I have no faith, but, my loyalty always remains. I dont know if that makes sense? But anyway, there comes a time where you dont think your team is going anywhere, but, deep down inside you still love them is where Im trying to get at.

That's what I'm getting at also.

I just thought Metro's post about DeBerg was a little uncalled for.

Deberg_1990
11-24-2005, 07:28 PM
I just think the guy is in a deep negative state about his own team. Thats all.
Deep down inside he probably loves the Chiefs. I say stupid sh*t about my team too, it's normal, the guy is venting out emotion. Thats all it is.

Thats it in a nutshell......I love the team, will root for them if the are 16-0 or 0-16, doesnt matter. I guess im just tired of seeing the rest of the AFC West go to Super Bowls while the Chiefs sit at home.

stevieray
11-24-2005, 07:29 PM
deserve what this year?

RedThat
11-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Im gonna be honest, I have faith in the Chiefs AT home because thats where they play their best football.

On the road, thats a totally different story. I dont have faith in this team on the road because I'll be honest they suck on the road.

*I put it as simple as that

RedThat
11-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Thats it in a nutshell......I love the team, will root for them if the are 16-0 or 0-16, doesnt matter. I guess im just tired of seeing the rest of the AFC West go to Super Bowls while the Chiefs sit at home.

I hear ya man. Im the same way. I understand what you mean totally.

stevieray
11-24-2005, 07:32 PM
I hear ya man. Im the same way. I understand what you mean totally.

I've never seen Deberg 1990 root for the Chiefs.

Not once. Not saying it hasn't happened, just that I've never seen it.

RedThat
11-24-2005, 07:32 PM
That's what I'm getting at also.

I just thought Metro's post about DeBerg was a little uncalled for.

I agree.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Does anyone realistically see the Donks not taking the division?

They still get to play Buffalo, Oakland and Baltimore. That's 3 wins easy.

Deberg_1990
11-24-2005, 07:34 PM

your kidding right?? I was one of the only ones that defended LJ 2 years ago when everyone else said he was a bust. You can search the posts if you want.

stevieray
11-24-2005, 07:35 PM
your kidding right?? I was one of the only ones that defended LJ 2 years ago when everyone else said he was a bust. You can search the posts if you want.

that's a player, not a team.

RedThat
11-24-2005, 07:36 PM

They still get to play Buffalo, Oakland and Baltimore. That's 3 wins easy.

Now hold it, stop it right there! Don't count your eggs before the chicken hatches them. This is football man. Anything can happen! As Chris Berman says, thats why they play the game.

B_Ambuehl
11-24-2005, 07:40 PM
That game solidified 2 things in my mind.

1. Dallas is a superior team and a very legit superbowl contender even though they lost. Denver's offense is hard to prepare for and they only had 3 days. Parcells defense is starting to look like the old Giants defense and this is the best offense he's ever been a part of that I can recall. They had a fluke giveaway for a touchdown and 9 times out 10 when you give away a pick 6 you lose. Yet they still shut down the Broncos all day long except for the last play and had the game won were it not for a fluke missed kick.

2. Denver's defense is solid but their passing attack depends too much on their running game. There will be a lot of disappointed Bronco and Steelers fans come playoff time for that exact reason.

Deberg_1990
11-24-2005, 07:40 PM
that's a player, not a team.

Well, you might be right...at least since ive been posting on here. Ive never once felt 100% positive about this team since DV took over. I wish i could say differently though. I was so excited when he took over, i really was.....I guess im like a dog thats been beat down one too many times.....Ill try and be more positive i suppose...

stevieray
11-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Well, you might be right...at least since ive been posting on here. Ive never once felt 100% positive about this team since DV took over. I wish i could say differently though. I was so excited when he took over, i really was.....I guess im like a dog thats been beat down one too many times.....Ill try and be more positive i suppose...

good for you.

RedThat
11-24-2005, 07:42 PM

Like he was saying, hes just tired. Its understandable, and I dont blame the guy. Their are probably several others on here that feel the same way sometimes about our team. He probably expresses it a lot more than others on here and thats fine. Im sure the guy is a fan, hes just tired.

I'll be honest, I feel the same way sometimes. I'll admit, our organization is underachieving, and it gets frustrating from time to time. Sometimes people need to vent when their frustrated. I guess his way of doing it is through here.

milkman
11-24-2005, 07:46 PM

You shouldn't have to apologize for expressing how you feel.

Stevieray is confusing faith for love of the team.

You talk about this team's performance and what you believe they are capable of, or not capable of.

Doesn't have any anything to do with whether you actually root for them.

stevieray
11-24-2005, 07:50 PM

You talk about this team's performance and what you believe they are capable of, or not capable of.

Doesn't have any anything to do with whether you actually root for them.

Deberg and I don't need your cynical ass interpeting for us....;)

Besides, I didn't see an apology, nor was one requested.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Now hold it, stop it right there! Don't count your eggs before the chicken hatches them. This is football man. Anything can happen! As Chris Berman says, thats why they play the game.

Seriously...they won't lose either of those home games.

I've watched almost every Denver game this year, and a bad team doesn't stand a chance against them in Denver.

Taco John
11-24-2005, 07:59 PM

Really? Have you been missing some Denver games or something?

milkman
11-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Deberg and I don't need your cynical ass interpeting for us....;)

Besides, I didn't see an apology, nor was one requested.

Yeah, well, I'm tired of you and insults.

You seem to think that anyone that doesn't believe in this team as a SB contender are somehow less than you are.

Well, screw you.

I've followed this team for all my life, and understand completely, and share in DeBerg's frustration.

So take your rose colored glasses and shove where the sun don't shine.

Taco John
11-24-2005, 08:03 PM

You seem to think that anyone that doesn't believe in this team as a SB contender are somehow less than you are.

Well, screw you.

I've followed this team for all my life, and understand completely, and share in DeBerg's frustration.

Uh oh. Get ready to hear about your inferiority complex to him...

SoCalBronco
11-24-2005, 08:04 PM
I feel very uncomfortable the way gochiefs is talking us up.

RedThat
11-24-2005, 08:05 PM
Seriously...they won't lose either of those home games.

I've watched almost every Denver game this year, and a bad team doesn't stand a chance against them in Denver.

I believe you. Let me just say this, Baltimore ALWAYS plays Denver tough, Bronco fans will even tell you that. Buffalo is good at home they are 4-1 at Ralph Wilson stadium this year. Oakland plays fairly well at Mile High, so...........what else more can I say? They still got the Chiefs and Chargers on the road, I dont think they have an easy schedule the rest of the way. The best thing that is happening for that team right now is confidence, Im sure it is high especially after a dog fight win like today. Lets hope they get overconfident.

stevieray
11-24-2005, 08:05 PM

Well, screw you.

**** you john..I'm tired of your neverending bitching. marty's been gone since 98 and you still whine like a little ****ing girl about him. go find another team so you can be addicted to their failures ten years later. not once have I touted this team as a SB contender, nor expected anyone else to feel that way.

I gave Deberg the benefit of the doubt, he answered honestly and I acknowledged his response.

jidar
11-24-2005, 08:07 PM
I hear what Gochiefs is saying.
All of the anti-fans around here are so ****ing negative, it's hard to stand. A lot of peoples post histories look like they are Donk/Raider fans or something.

I guess the flip side of those guys being able to bag on the team the "root" for is the rest of us being able to call them on it.

luv
11-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Deberg isn't the only one frustrated. He's just lost that eternal optimism, like a lot of people have. I hope we have a stellar season next year, so all of the naysayers can start having a little hope again. :)

jidar
11-24-2005, 08:11 PM
I hope we have a stellar season next year, so all of the naysayers can start having a little hope again. :)

Bah. To hell with the naysayers. I want the Chiefs to win and I hope for a win every week, but it sure as hell isn't for the sake of the mud slingers.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-24-2005, 08:12 PM
'02 Oakland started out 4-4 then took the division
'03 Chiefs started out 9-0 took the division
'04 Chargers
'05 it's the Broncos turn I reckon

luv
11-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Bah. To hell with the naysayers. I want the Chiefs to win and I hope for a win every week, but it sure as hell isn't for the sake of the mud slingers.
I am the same way. But if the naysayers were a little more hopeful, then we wouldn't have arguements over "fandom".

Deberg_1990
11-24-2005, 08:13 PM
My dream would be for the Chiefs to slide into that last slot in the playoffs and knock off the mighty Colts. Poetic Justice for 95 and 2003.

luv
11-24-2005, 08:13 PM
'02 Oakland started out 4-4 then took the division
'03 Chiefs started out 9-0 took the division
'04 Chargers
'05 it's the Broncos turn I reckon
Haven't we already won more games this year than we did last year? That's a step in the right direction. :thumb:

milkman
11-24-2005, 08:15 PM
**** you john..I'm tired of your neverending bitching. marty's been gone since 98 and you still whine like a little ****ing girl about him. go find another team so you can be addicted to their failures ten years later. not once have I touted this team as a SB contender, nor expected anyone else to feel that way.

I gave Deberg the benefit of the doubt, he answered honestly and I acknowledged his response.

I bitch about Marty when people say he was/is a great coach.

And you never gave Deberg the benefit of the doubt, you blatantly accused him of not rooting for this team.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Haven't we already won more games this year than we did last year? That's a step in the right direction. :thumb:

not there just yet 7-9 last year

Deberg_1990
11-24-2005, 08:17 PM

And you never gave Deberg the benefit of the doubt, you blatantly accused him of not rooting for this team.

Chill out guys, we all just want to win.

stevieray
11-24-2005, 08:17 PM

BS. reread the post.

milkman
11-24-2005, 08:19 PM

It ain't over yet.

Oh, and Stevie, just in case you missed it, post #8.

I may be cynical, and frustrated, but I still can't stop myself from having hope.

stevieray
11-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Oh, and Stevie, just in case you missed it, post #8.

I may be cynical, and frustrated, but I still can't stop myself from having hope.

good for you.

broncoholic
11-24-2005, 08:21 PM
Sweet HolY Jesus...We got away with one today....looking forward to getting you guys next week. Good luck with the Patsies!

Deberg_1990
11-24-2005, 08:21 PM
How come you guys never bust Vlad's balls?? Hes the one that talks the most negative about this team??

stevieray
11-24-2005, 08:24 PM
How come you guys never bust Vlad's balls?? Hes the one that talks the most negative about this team??

there's no hope for jim...;)

Hammock Parties
11-24-2005, 08:25 PM
I haven't given up hope yet. But it doesn't look good.

Yes, Baltimore has Denver's number. Who cares.

Have you seen Denver's defense? Baltimore's offense won't stand a chance at Mile High.

I've watched almost every Denver game and they are for real this year. They take care of bad teams, home or away.

And to top it all off, we haven't beaten a team with a winning record this year.

milkman
11-24-2005, 08:25 PM
BS. reread the post.

I don't usually believe people when they add lines like "Not saying
it hasn't happened", but I'll give you the benefit of doubt.

chiefs4me
11-24-2005, 08:26 PM
Props???? You deserve it???? What kind of chiefs fan are you???:shake:

Hammock Parties
11-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Props???? You deserve it???? What kind of chiefs fan are you???:shake:

It's called being classy and gracious.

Garcia Bronco
11-24-2005, 08:27 PM

I've always thought you are on the level. Seriously

Boyceofsummer
11-24-2005, 08:29 PM
while driving home. The radio play-by-play announcers made the statement that most NFL games are not won, but lost to the opponent. This game did not fail to disappoint, in that respect. The Colts are the real deal and they will not beat themselves. They might get beat, but it will take luck and an incredible team performance. That being said, **** THE DONCOS!

p.s. If we are still in the AFC race when Denver comes knockin I think we lose. If we are out of the race, we win.

Chiefnj
11-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Dallas had the ball 4th and 1 on the Broncos 48. I said, if they want a real chance to win they'll go for it, if they punt they are playing for overtime. They punted and the the Broncs got a tough win.

ChiefsfaninPA
11-24-2005, 08:42 PM

This post right here proves he is who they were talking about in the "real men of genius" post.

Donkeys blow balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait until Arrowhead.

Nzoner
Seeing that it is Thanksgiving,I'm just thankful we have a team to bitch and or cheer about. :toast:

gcbroncos

Thanks.....race ain't over yet.....but thanks for the post

ChiefsfaninPA
11-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Seeing that it is Thanksgiving,I'm just thankful we have a team to bitch and or cheer about. :toast:

Amen, we could be Texans fans.

gcbroncos
Solid running game??? It didn't exist till that last play...the only exception was that touchdown run.

We've run well all year...tops in AFC...don't relegate our run game to one road game....and last I checked, long runs count on our stats too...

philfree

It gets boring.......

As far as the Broncos deserving it this year the year ain't over. If Vlad chooses to concede with 5-6 weeks left in the season that's his weakness I guess. Against the Cowboys today a STs score and then a botched FG was the difference. It all counts but they could have very easily lost todays game. IMO no team deserves anything yet.

PhilFree:arrow:

gcbroncos
11-24-2005, 08:51 PM
The best thing that is happening for that team right now is confidence, Im sure it is high especially after a dog fight win like today. Lets hope they get overconfident.

I guarantee that won't happen....win or lose...it won't be due to overconfidence...heck...we even fully prepared and respected the hapless Jets...

Shanahan and the players have made it clear that if we get overconfident we will lose....like we did in Miami

Rausch
11-24-2005, 08:54 PM
Congrats are way too early.

No one has accomplished $3it yet.

If Denver wins the division, fine, congrats to them.

But they haven't, and the season isn't over, and

**** DENVER...

Hammock Parties
11-24-2005, 08:58 PM
You honestly think Denver might drop 3 of their last 5?

milkman
11-24-2005, 09:01 PM
You honestly think Denver might drop 3 of their last 5?

Don't they have another back to back road trip ahead?

KC and SD could be losses.

All they need to do is lose one more, aside from those.

It's possible.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Don't they have another back to back road trip ahead?

No.

@KC
Baltimore
@Buffalo
Oakland
@San Diego

tk13
11-24-2005, 09:03 PM
If Deberg is the definition of "level", Vlad is the Richard Simmons of optimism...

chiefs4me
11-24-2005, 09:08 PM

**** DENVER...

PBJ

milkman
11-24-2005, 09:09 PM
No.

@KC
Baltimore
@Buffalo
Oakland
@San Diego

OK.

Here's another question.

Haven't the Raiders played the Donkeys tough in Denver in recent years?

Hammock Parties
11-24-2005, 09:12 PM
Only last year. Denver beat up the Raiders two weeks ago.

THIS ISN'T THE SAME DENVER BRONCOS. IT SUCKS ASS.

tk13
11-24-2005, 09:12 PM
I know I'm the only person on the board who thinks this, but I don't think going into Buffalo and winning is such a cakewalk. I've always thought of that as a fairly tough place to play. I know everyone here thought it'd be an easy W and was totally let down and gave up on the season after our game there, but I wouldn't automatically chalk up a Denver win there.

chiefs4me
11-24-2005, 09:17 PM
No.

@KC
Baltimore
@Buffalo
Oakland
@San Diego

Hmmmmm, I see 3, the last 3 road games..:shrug:

Hammock Parties
11-24-2005, 09:17 PM
Hmmmmm, I see 3, the last 3 road games..:shrug:

Yes, none of which are back to back.

stevieray
11-24-2005, 09:18 PM
I know I'm the only person on the board who thinks this, but I don't think going into Buffalo and winning is such a cakewalk. I've always thought of that as a fairly tough place to play. I know everyone here thought it'd be an easy W and was totally let down and gave up on the season after our game there, but I wouldn't automatically chalk up a Denver win there.

Maas and Grunny said they are Arrowhead east.

They said it is hard to win there.

chiefs4me
11-24-2005, 09:21 PM

I believe you, and I live with someone who likes to remind me of this all the freaking time...:rolleyes:

dirk digler
11-24-2005, 09:21 PM
I agree with gonuts and Vlad. Congrats to the Donkeys they have proved me wrong this year and they will win the AFC West.

Of course in another thread I predicted Indy vs Denver for the AFC Championship so this shouldn't be a surprise.

Denver is a very, very good run team and they play solid D except for Champ who gets burned almost every game.

chiefs4me
11-24-2005, 09:26 PM

I thought I was picking which 3 they could easily lose???:D

tk13
11-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Maas and Grunny said they are Arrowhead east.

They said it is hard to win there.
They've won 9 of their last 11 games there, and one of those losses was a game they tanked at the end of last season vs. Pittsburgh. The Bills are 4-1 at home and 0-5 on the road this season.

chefsos
11-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Hell, I don't even consider @Dallas then @KC a back-to-back for them, because they now have 3 extra days in between. Winning in Dallas was indeed huge for their division chances.

Logical
11-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks LogicalNo problem, you MHM and TJ have been gracios in the past I am just doing the same thing.

tommykat
11-24-2005, 09:49 PM

As I would read all of this? :shake: However, I disagree. Great game, but I am still wishing for CHIEFS win!

Can you see the donks vrs the Colts? Smear city.......good fun though.ROFL

funk monkey
11-24-2005, 09:59 PM
ya but i would rather have had the cowboys win it...it would have brought the broncos down in our division and give us a bigger chance... i am also in NY and my cousin here is the BIGGEST COWBOYS FAN EVER, and he was in the crappiest mood when they lost

Logical
11-24-2005, 09:59 PM
How come you guys never bust Vlad's balls?? Hes the one that talks the most negative about this team??I am special, but the name Rain Man was already taken.;)

Logical
11-24-2005, 10:05 PM
It gets boring.......

As far as the Broncos deserving it this year the year ain't over. If Vlad chooses to concede with 5-6 weeks left in the season that's his weakness I guess. Against the Cowboys today a STs score and then a botched FG was the difference. It all counts but they could have very easily lost todays game. IMO no team deserves anything yet.

Reread the thread title and post. I said "you guys deserve it this year". It being the subject Props. I said nothing about conceding yet. I swear some people just don't read.

Frazod
11-24-2005, 10:12 PM
God that game pissed me off. For starters, it was offensive enough having to actively root for f#cking Dallas, but then to have them lose LIKE THAT :# on a long run by RON F#CKING DAYNE :#

:cuss:

Of course, it never should have come to OT in the first place. I hope Parcells ripped that idiot Cundiff's heart out.

|Zach|
11-24-2005, 11:39 PM
After that egg they laid in Buffalo, Your right I dont. Good teams dont do that.
A single game is what did it? I am sure you will use this blanket to cover the superbowl patriots that dropped an egg in Miami. Want to use more criteria?

|Zach|
11-24-2005, 11:42 PM
Why change? Might as well own it. I mean you are the guy who calls games as losses for the Chiefs in the 2nd qtr while they are down a single touchdown.

Nzoner
11-24-2005, 11:42 PM
Of course, it never should have come to OT in the first place. I hope Parcells ripped that idiot Cundiff's heart out.

I'm sure he had something to say about Bledsoe playing catch with Bailey as well.

Phobia
11-24-2005, 11:54 PM
How come you guys never bust Vlad's balls?? Hes the one that talks the most negative about this team??I don't think you've been watching. Vlad catches plenty of shit.

Stinger
11-24-2005, 11:55 PM
My problem is that ran a WR screen on 3 and 1 and got the same results that the Chiefs do when they run it. Run it make the 1st down and I believe they win the game. Instead they punt, eventually get the ball back, bet then get nowhere close to getting in FG range.

grandllama
11-24-2005, 11:55 PM

Seniority... its in the union bylaws...

|Zach|
11-24-2005, 11:57 PM
I don't think you've been watching. Vlad catches plenty of shit.
I don't think people even catch shit for only being negative on here. Deberg's posts and Vlads are not even close...Vlad gives credit when it is due...

I don't have a problem with Deberg feeling the way he does but lets just call it for what it is.

Lets let this thread die to make mroe room for "I hate to say it" posts.

ChiefsCountry
11-25-2005, 12:02 AM
I was thinking, who would love to go to Indy and Denver and knock those f*****s out of the playoffs in their home stadiums. It wont happen, but wow would it be nice.

tk13
11-25-2005, 12:03 AM
A single game is what did it? I am sure you will use this blanket to cover the superbowl patriots that dropped an egg in Miami. Want to use more criteria?
Or two years ago when the Patriots went right into Buffalo and got it handed to them 31-0... good teams don't go into Buffalo and lose.

|Zach|
11-25-2005, 12:04 AM
Or two years ago when the Patriots went right into Buffalo and got it handed to them 31-0... good teams don't go into Buffalo and lose.
Bingo, its one thing if you are negative and can back it up. Its quite another if you made points that make you look like a doofus that never watches football.

stumppy
11-25-2005, 12:11 AM
I don't think people even catch shit for only being negative on here. Deberg's posts and Vlads are not even close...Vlad gives credit when it is due...

I don't have a problem with Deberg feeling the way he does but lets just call it for what it is.

Lets let this thread die to make mroe room for "I hate to say it" posts.

Hey, ....if you're gonna make a ' Deberg, I'm calling you out' thread would you get on the ball and get it started?

I got places to go and I'd really like to catch the first part of it live.

Note: Not that I care either way about Deberg, i'm just looking for some cheap entertainment.

listopencil
11-25-2005, 02:56 AM
That game solidified 2 things in my mind.

1. Dallas is a superior team and a very legit superbowl contender even though they lost. Denver's offense is hard to prepare for and they only had 3 days. Parcells defense is starting to look like the old Giants defense and this is the best offense he's ever been a part of that I can recall. They had a fluke giveaway for a touchdown and 9 times out 10 when you give away a pick 6 you lose.

Agree for the most part. We also gave up a fumble around their ten. Not as good as an INT TD return, but pretty damn good set-up for a TD. They had two good drives to get two of their TD's. So, despite this being "the best offense [Parcell's] has ever been part of..." it's hard for Dallas to prepare for our O (which relies too heavily on the run) but it's not hard for us to prepare for theirs? Homer take.

Yet they still shut down the Broncos all day long except for the last play and had the game won were it not for a fluke missed kick.

We had one good drive to get one of our TD's, and managed another on a great playcall by the coaches with a great read by Plummer. They didn't shut us down all day.

2. Denver's defense is solid but their passing attack depends too much on their running game. There will be a lot of disappointed Bronco and Steelers fans come playoff time for that exact reason.

That's been true for years, including the two when we won SuperBowls. It's still hard to stop. Props to Dallas for playing some outstanding run D today. Glad we came away with the win.

listopencil
11-25-2005, 02:58 AM

I think any reasonable fan would agree with you. I'm not looking at it as an easy win.

philfree
11-25-2005, 04:25 AM
Reread the thread title and post. I said "you guys deserve it this year". It being the subject Props. I said nothing about conceding yet. I swear some people just don't read.

I guess I misunderstood(sp?) what you meant with "you guys deserve it this year". Now that you've clarified that it meant "props" it's all clear as mud.

chagrin
11-25-2005, 12:32 PM

It ain't over yet.

come on dude, he's the evil mastermind, he's so smart - it's just a ploy to lure them into a false sense of security

jettio
11-25-2005, 01:00 PM

**** DENVER...

There is a gleam, men.

There is a gleam in Jake Plummer's eyes who threw an INT yesterday and saw the ball taken out of his hands afterwards.

There is a gleam and it is because Jake Plummer woke up from his dream and got the sand out of his eyes.

Broncs will lose two and can lose three or four of the games left on their schedule.

Mile High Mania
11-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Broncs will lose two and can lose three or four of the games left on their schedule.

@ Chiefs, Ravens, @ Bills, Raiders, @ Chargers

I could see losses at the Chiefs and Chargers. I just can't see the Ravens doing anything and I doubt this year's Raiduhs team wins in Denver. The game in Buffalo is a toss up as they are tough at home.

Worst case... 11 wins with only wins vs Ravens and Raiders, but I think they win 1 of those 3 road games, most likely the Bills.

BigRedChief
11-25-2005, 01:16 PM
There is a gleam, men.

There is a gleam in Jake Plummer's eyes who threw an INT yesterday and saw the ball taken out of his hands afterwards.

There is a gleam and it is because Jake Plummer woke up from his dream and got the sand out of his eyes.

They may lose 2 or 3 but we will lose 2 more and finish 10-6 and they will finish 11-5.

We will go on the road for the playoffs.

Calcountry
11-25-2005, 01:35 PM

They still get to play Buffalo, Oakland and Baltimore. That's 3 wins easy.Nice reverse mojo, but this should have been a thread starter.

Calcountry
11-25-2005, 01:37 PM

Doesn't have any anything to do with whether you actually root for them.Heck, even Dick is gonna jump off the band waggon if he doesn't see any hope of them winning.

milkman
11-25-2005, 01:57 PM
They may lose 2 or 3 but we will lose 2 more and finish 10-6 and they will finish 11-5.

We will go on the road for the playoffs.

I'm hoping Al pulled his head out of his ass this last week, and liked the fresh air so much that he keeps it dislodged, giving the Chiefs a real chance to win any of their remaining games.

Deberg_1990
11-25-2005, 02:04 PM

I dont Zach?? I ripped both Kawika and Tynes last year and during the off-season and preseason. I was one of their harshest critics. I thought there was no hope for them to be honest. Ive said more than a few times this season that they are our most improved players and are playing great.

Ugly Duck
11-25-2005, 02:09 PM
I didn't think Denver was that beatable until I saw them play today.There's the spirit! Enough doom & gloom from the dang Chief's fanz.... you can still count on the Donk's traditional late-season fade. Happens every year. You guyz can still keep them from getting a 3rd SB. Gut up! Root hard! Stop them Donks!

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/9562/19eg1.th.jpg

milkman
11-25-2005, 02:18 PM
I dont Zach?? I ripped both Kawika and Tynes last year and during the off-season and preseason. I was one of their harshest critics. I thought there was no hope for them to be honest. Ive said more than a few times this season that they are our most improved players and are playing great.

The problem for you, as well as myself, is that we are far more upfront in our criticisms than Jim, who is almost insidious in his criticism.

People think of him as curmudgeonly, while we are just negative, even though he is every bit as critical.

Because of that, people tend to overlook our positive posts.

StcChief
11-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Let's not hand them the AFCW title yet....
Still some games to play.
They have plenty of time for fading away.

|Zach|
11-25-2005, 02:20 PM
The problem for you, as well as myself, is that we are far more upfront in our criticisms than Jim, who is almost insidious in his criticism.

People think of him as curmudgeonly, while we are just negative, even though he is every bit as critical.

Because of that, people tend to overlook our positive posts.
Do you say the Chiefs have lost games in the 2nd qtr while only down a single TD as well?

milkman
11-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Do you say the Chiefs have lost games in the 2nd qtr while only down a single TD as well?

I can't say that I have.

But I also can't say that I haven't.

BigMeatballDave
11-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I'd have to say wait until the season is actually over. Either way, **** THE DONKEYS!!!

Big Cujo
11-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Denver has a strong running game and a healthy strong Defense. Denver has a week and a half to prepare for KC. Kc has a older team that has more injuries this year. They have to play a tough Patriots game on Sunday. I WOULD NOT ASSUME DENVER IS GOING TO AUTOMATICALLY LOSE AT ARROWHEAD. Denver won at Dallas on Thanksgiving ,THIS year I would consider @ Dallas a tougher game.

htismaqe
11-26-2005, 10:42 AM
Denver has a strong running game and a healthy strong Defense. Denver has a week and a half to prepare for KC. Kc has a older team that has more injuries this year. They have to play a tough Patriots game on Sunday. I WOULD NOT ASSUME DENVER IS GOING TO AUTOMATICALLY LOSE AT ARROWHEAD. Denver won at Dallas on Thanksgiving ,THIS year I would consider @ Dallas a tougher game.

Do you know how many teams win back-to-back road games?

stevieray
11-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Do you know how many teams win back-to-back road games?

Our schedule isn't a coincidence.

Straight, No Chaser
11-26-2005, 10:57 AM

Props?
How about thanks to the football Gods. I had the benefit of watching this one with a Donk fan who was sweating it hard in the fourth quarter. Even though they won it in spectatcular fashion, it was worth it to see Donk Fan squirm a little.

Dallas' missed FG and playing for the tie on fourth-and-one cost them a win. IMO, Shanarat picked up Ron Dayne just for THAT one run. Props should go to The Rat for having his off-season risk taking pay off bigtime. Dallas dominated the physical play but as Chump Bailey said after the game:"I guess were living right." That's an understatement.

I have a feeling their good fortune and persistance with the cut-back will run out in Buffalo, get STONED at Arrowhead, struggle in San Diego. I don't think there's a chance in Hell the Donx lose to the Ravens at home, or lose to the Raiders either. If Norv Turner has any nads he will go after those CBs early and keep the pressure on Jake. I see Denver ending up 11-5.

We have a better chance of hoping Cincy and Jayville take a Raiduhs the rest of the way and we can sneak in the backdoor.

--->

Mile High Mania
11-26-2005, 11:30 AM
They'll have to play a hell of a lot better @ KC in order to win, there's no denying. An article on one of the Denver news sites had a stat... in Shanahan's tenure, he's only won once @ Arrowhead I think. Not sure if that counts the playoff game or not.

Denver @ KC (regardless of record) is never an enjoyable day for Denver fans. We'll see what happens this week. It's always a tough rivalry game. I like their chances at Buffalo and San Diego much better.

A lot depends on what happens this week... if KC gets beat by the Pats, then who knows.