PDA

View Full Version : GoChiefs' stat of the week

Hammock Parties
11-24-2005, 10:46 PM
This week we dive into Trent Green's splits to discuss what appears to be a problem area.

In Green's first ten pass attempts of a game he completes 66 percent of his passes.

In Green's second ten pass attempts of a game, that stat dives to 52 percent.

4 of his 7 interceptions have also come in passes 11-20.

His completion percentage rises back up to the mid 60's during passes 21-30 and 31-40.

So what the hell is the problem?

Here's what this stat looks like if you're confused.

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/4398/greensplit4kt.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

tk13
11-24-2005, 10:49 PM
That might be breaking it down too much. Off the top of my head, I think he has a 70ish rating in the first half, and a 90+ rating in the second half...

Hammock Parties
11-24-2005, 10:52 PM
That might be breaking it down too much. Off the top of my head, I think he has a 70ish rating in the first half, and a 90+ rating in the second half...

That's also true, but I'm just interested in the completion percentage here. The Buffalo game is skewing his first half rating.

Logical
11-24-2005, 10:53 PM
That is really interesting, tells me the other teams are adjusting and Al is not. I could be wrong but that would be my guess. It appears Al is a slow thinker and needs an entire half time to make the needed adjustments.

unlurking
11-24-2005, 10:53 PM
What's with the sack totals?

Hammock Parties
11-24-2005, 10:54 PM
What's with the sack totals?

Wow, that's weird.

funk monkey
11-24-2005, 10:57 PM
those are interesting...and NEVER TALK ABOUT THE BUFFALO GAME EVER AGAIN...THAT NEVER HAPPENED...i hated that game...just like all other pple on this forum

Reaper16
11-24-2005, 10:59 PM
those are interesting...and NEVER TALK ABOUT THE BUFFALO GAME EVER AGAIN...THAT NEVER HAPPENED...
The number "4" in our loss column begs to differ.

chefsos
11-24-2005, 11:26 PM
That is really interesting, tells me the other teams are adjusting and Al is not. I could be wrong but that would be my guess. It appears Al is a slow thinker and needs an entire half time to make the needed adjustments.

Are the first 20 or so plays of a given game scripted and practiced? I really don't know. If so, that could account for the dropoff and validate your assertion of slow adjustments by AS.

Skip Towne
11-24-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm with Vlad here. Trent starts tearing the other team up and they adjust. Trent isn't allowed to audible or adjust so the nosedive. Then dipshit AS adjusts at halftime and back up goes the %age. Al Saunders is a very poor manager. He needs to remain an OC. The Peter Principle you know.

Skip Towne
11-24-2005, 11:38 PM
I'm with Vlad here. Trent starts tearing the other team up and they adjust. Trent isn't allowed to audible or adjust so the nosedive. Then dipshit AS adjusts at halftime and back up goes the %age. Al Saunders is a very poor manager. He needs to remain an OC. The Peter Principle you know.
Seriously, someone should point this situation out to Whitlock along with our hypothesis as to why it is happening. Whitlock will soon adopt it as his own idea and print it.

stevieray
11-24-2005, 11:58 PM
dropped passes?

I think I read somewhere Chiefs lead with 22 or so.

Bob Dole
11-25-2005, 12:19 AM
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

It seems fairly clear that we should never throw more than 10 passes.

stumppy
11-25-2005, 12:51 AM
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

It seems fairly clear that we should never throw more than 10 passes.
While I give Mr. Dole my wholehearted support in attempting to do our part for the Chiefs. (GO CHIEFS) And would like to commend his expertise on football. And also nominate him as Grand Poopah of Chiefs Planet for pointing out a very logical and easily implemented approach to improving Trent's passing numbers. I, and please bear with me. I'm a little nervous about even suggesting this. OK, I would like to throw something on the table that might be knida hard for some of you to wrap your heads around. It came to me while I was 'Thinking outside the box'
OK, hear goes.
How about if we do have Trent throw passes 1 thru 10, as Mr. Dole suggest. But....in addition......we have him skip/not throw passes 11 thru 20. THE PROBLEM passes. and, hang with me, he then throws the remainder, or, passes 21 thru 30 AND passes 31 thru 40 ?
I get all giddy just thinking about the possibilities that would result from Trent increasing his passing numbers as a result of this new approach.

So, what do you'all think?

Straight, No Chaser
11-25-2005, 12:53 AM
Doesn't mean too much after the Donx put up 9 wins tonight. 11 wins takes the division. They have 2 to go, KC has 5.

I think the correct term for this installment of 'stat of the week', is *yawn... minutiae.