PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever tried MacTarnahan's Amber Ale?

shaneo69
11-25-2005, 01:31 PM
MacTarnahan's is a microbrewer from Portland, OR. Their Amber Ale is billed as Scottish Style. Kind of tastes like Boulevard Irish Ale, from what I remember. Picked up a sixer for Thanksgiving, but none of the relatives wanted to try it with Bud Select also available. Oh well, more for me.

keg in kc
11-25-2005, 01:33 PM
A question I asked myself last evening: with all the wonderful microbrews available from coast to coast, why in the f*ck would anybody drink bud select.

Ask a relative for me.

BIG_DADDY
11-28-2005, 10:45 AM
A question I asked myself last evening: with all the wonderful microbrews available from coast to coast, why in the f*ck would anybody drink bud select.

Ask a relative for me.

Amen brother. For the life of me I don't understand this either. It's like a disease, some people are just absolutely incapable of change in any form. It reminds me of the times I go back to my home town and see friends who never left. They are exactly the same as they ever were. Same hair cut, same job, wearing the same outdated clothes and knocking down the same beer of choice with their same food selection. Heaven forbid you should try and get them to try and drink some good beer or suggest something new to eat. "How about some sushi?" "I don't eat fish bait bubs lets just get some pizza and a bud" Whatever, I soooooooooooooo glad I am not like that.

Mac Tarnahans is good beer I love amber ales. My favorite though is Alaskan Amber especially on tap.

Phobia
11-28-2005, 10:52 AM
I've had it. Not bad.

I used to laugh at the expense to which companies advertise on TV and in print. It doesn't make me want to drink Bud, Coors, or Miller products. But apparently it does for a lot of lemmings. Until people wake up and think for themselves it means a lot more good beer for me.

Archie F. Swin
11-28-2005, 11:51 AM
Yep. Good stuff comin out of Portland.