PDA

View Full Version : Where are "the best seats?"

DaFace
11-25-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm somewhat new to the Arrowhead crowd, having only lived close enough to make it to games for a couple years. I'm just curious about where everybody feels the best seats are to the games? Common logic would say that you want to be on the 50, front row, but I know that's not true. Club seats are the most expensive, but I've heard the crowd there leaves something to be desired.

So what do you say? Where's good? Where's bad?

Eh, why not. I'll make a poll just for fun. There are WAY too many descriptions for seat locations, though, so don't hate me if your favorite place isn't listed.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-25-2005, 05:05 PM
Personally, I like the club seating.

snatch
11-25-2005, 05:05 PM
The best seats by far are at your house (or a buddies house) in front of a big screen/HD television.

dtebbe
11-25-2005, 05:06 PM
It's pretty hard to beat my lowers:
http://tko.cc/pix/sec110_39.jpg

Sec 123 Row 39, Under cover, only 2 rows from the concorse. You even get a little heat in the winter from the open air suites that are 2 rows up.

DT

Phobia
11-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Endzone right behind the goal posts. Lower, club, or upper matters not to me. There is the dilemma of being too close. I don't like to sit in the first 20 rows and I don't like the corners, especially in the lower level.

DaFace
11-25-2005, 05:07 PM
So far, I'm pretty fond of upper level seats in the front 15 rows or so. You can see the whole field pretty well, but you don't feel like you need binoculars to watch the game.

But then, I'm too cheap to pay for lowers, so I may be missing out!

DaFace
11-25-2005, 05:09 PM

Sec 123 Row 39, Under cover, only 2 rows from the concorse. You even get a little heat in the winter from the open air suites that are 2 rows up.

DT

Do you find it's hard to see the action when it's on the far end from these? That's the main reason I've always gone for uppers.

tburg
11-25-2005, 05:11 PM
The best seats by far are at your house (or a buddies house) in front of a big screen/HD television.

I'd rather have my eyes decide what I watch when I am watching the game rather than a cbs sports producer...

Bowser
11-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Do you find it's hard to see the action when it's on the far end from these? That's the main reason I've always gone for uppers.

From there, a little bit. But only when the action is like on the opposing ten yard line and in.

Those seats most definitely are good. Nice having the concourse right there, too.

DaFace
11-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Endzone right behind the goal posts. Lower, club, or upper matters not to me. There is the dilemma of being too close. I don't like to sit in the first 20 rows and I don't like the corners, especially in the lower level.

I'm curious why you like the endzone. Most people prefer the sidelines. Any particular reason?

StcChief
11-25-2005, 05:23 PM
I'm in section 122 looking down goal line/endzone
up in R22 ...high enough to see well. still close to action. see goaline stands, TD close/KO returns/FGs

See my pics from Deadskins game on planet pics for
examples from there.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126778

123 looks ok too.

Phobia
11-25-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm curious why you like the endzone. Most people prefer the sidelines. Any particular reason?

Because I'm a safety. I like watching plays develop. I like predicting in my mind where the play is going before it goes there. I can watch games from the 50 for free in front my TV every week. I like to see the action.

keg in kc
11-25-2005, 05:26 PM
It's a matter of taste. I've sat in a few different sections, my favorite were club level right on the 50.

luv
11-25-2005, 05:28 PM
I'm in section 122 looking down goal line/endzone
up in R22 ...high enough to see well. still close to action. see goaline stands, TD close/KO returns/FGs

See my pics from Deadskins game on planet pics for
examples from there.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126778

123 looks ok too.
Dad has season tix in section 122, row 15. I like them. Sat on row 6 of section 106 (I think) at a game last year. Those were good, too.

Jenny Gump
11-25-2005, 05:30 PM

DT

Do you need a friend?

Phobia
11-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Do you need a friend?

His wife is hotter than you.

I know that's hard to believe.

RedandGold
11-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Because I'm a safety. I like watching plays develop. I like predicting in my mind where the play is going before it goes there. I can watch games from the 50 for free in front my TV every week. I like to see the action.

I'm the same way in terms of enjoying watching the plays develop. For the Raiders game, I had seats in the lower rows of the upper level endzone and everyone in our group loved them.

I've been able to use our corporate tickets a couple of times that are something like 10 rows back from the 30 yard line. Even though it's fun being that close to the Chiefs sideline, it's difficult to get a feel for what's going on across the field (not that I'm bitching about scoring premium seats).

Honestly, I've had seats in most points of Arrowhead at one point or another, and there really isn't a bad seat in the house. True, I'm not a big fan of seats that have an upper level row of 30+, but in terms of a view, they are all good. The people that are around me tend to have more to do with how much I enjoy the experience than the seats themselves.

Logical
11-25-2005, 07:50 PM
It's a matter of taste. I've sat in a few different sections, my favorite were club level right on the 50.Keg, how did you manage to get Club level 50 yard line seats. Damn there are so few of those and they are an absolute premium to buy from someone. I am envious.

keg in kc
11-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Keg, how did you manage to get Club level 50 yard line seats. Damn there are so few of those and they are an absolute premium to buy from someone. I am envious.I haf my vays.

Well, not so much anymore.

xfactor
11-25-2005, 08:06 PM

I agree with you Phobia the endzones rock cause you get to see the plays develop. It only takes about a year to accurately predict the yardage gained. Section 126 is by far the funniest rowdiest section!!!

unlurking
11-25-2005, 08:12 PM

DT
Move those seats to somewhere between the 30's (damn close where they are thouh), and I think those are perfect. I love being under the overhang during inclement weather. I like the cold, but I can't stand being wet.

Chiefsrocker
11-25-2005, 08:14 PM
The seat in front of my TV is really good.

unlurking
11-25-2005, 08:15 PM
I like the end zone, first few rows for about half the game as well. When they are coming straight at you, it is incredible to watch. I just hate it when they are on the other side of the field.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2005, 08:16 PM
For my money, I have to sit somewhere between the 20s. The higher up the better.

Of course, I've only ever sat between the 35's at my 4 Chiefs games so take that with a grain of salt.

kregger
11-25-2005, 09:36 PM
I've got first row, upper level, middle of the section. Nobody in front of us, nobody walking past us, we're in the sun when it's winter.
Wouldn't trade 'em for anywhere else.

Over-Head
11-25-2005, 09:43 PM
I’d have to go with the “next to Gaz” option. :thumb:
The way I see it, if I got to Arrowhead for a game, I’d undoubtedly be wearing one of my Ra!der jerseys, and since Gaz is such a peaceful fun loving, nice guy, his immediate presence might limit the number of heavy objects thrown at me :D

ChiefsCountry
11-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Lamar's Gold Suite. :)

BigRedChief
11-25-2005, 10:42 PM
First 3 years as a season ticket holder was in th end zone, in the corner, in the upper deck, 3 rows from the top. At least I was in the door.

Next 4 years on the 50 yard line but 4 rows from the top in the upper deck. I loved seeing the play develop through the wide angle lens of bincolears. Long time season ticket holders around. but too many first timers and too many frigging stairs

This year made it into the lower bowl. One section over from the tunnel. About 10 yards from the goalpost, 28 rows up. Love seeing the play develop from that angle. Watch the hole develop or watch the RB miss a hole. When they are on your end of the field its really cool to see the banging and can even hear them curse.

Hear that the club level seats are the best view but the enviorment is not the best if you are a loud Chiefs fan. Never have sit in the club seats myself.

SLAG
11-26-2005, 12:58 AM
I have tasted arrowhead all over... My Conclusion... THERE IS NOT A BAD SEAT IN THE HOUSE