PDA

View Full Version : Can we stop Tom Terrific tomorrow?

Hammock Parties
11-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Call me crazy, but if you ask me the game lies in his hands.

New England won't run against us. Their D probably won't stop our offense, especially with Roaf returning.

It's all about Brady, and he's that damn good. I feel better knowing their O-line is patchwork and David Givens isn't playing but...this is the Chiefs we're talking about.

Bowser
11-26-2005, 10:51 PM
The guy just doesn't make mistakes.

Instead of saying the game is in Brady's hands, you should have said the game is in the pass rush our defense is going to throw at Brady.

Mr. Kotter
11-26-2005, 10:52 PM
I've sent him a message, that I will "out" him publicly....unless he throws at least three picks, and eats no less than 6 sacks tomorrow. He's agreed.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2005, 10:53 PM
The guy just doesn't make mistakes.

Instead of saying the game is in Brady's hands, you should have said the game is in the pass rush our defense is going to throw at Brady.

Yes, but Brady has shown an ability to thrive even when he's getting hit in the chops on almost every play. More often than not, if he gets the pass off, it's completed.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2005, 10:54 PM
And speaking of the Patriots passing game, I love watching Deion Branch play. Everyone is in love with the giant receivers, but the small, quick receiver with great hands isn't dead in this league.

I look at Deion Branch and hope Samie Parker can develop into the same kind of WR.

Bowser
11-26-2005, 10:55 PM
Yes, but Brady has shown an ability to thrive even when he's getting hit in the chops on almost every play. More often than not, if he gets the pass off, it's completed.

Yeah, he's annoyingly good like that.

Do you have Ben Watson or Daniel Graham on your FF team, by chance?

Hammock Parties
11-26-2005, 10:58 PM
Yeah, he's annoyingly good like that.

Do you have Ben Watson or Daniel Graham on your FF team, by chance?

I'm not playing FF this year. I believe Graham is out.

beer bacon
11-26-2005, 10:59 PM
I am wondering how big of a difference maker Surtain will be. Apparently, he had a history of great games against Brady while he was with Miami.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Hopefully we get to Brady.

Hopefully we stop what WRs they do have.

Hopefully we don't get burned by their TEs.

Bowser
11-26-2005, 11:00 PM

That's a bonus. And in the same vein of your Deion Branch take, is Bethel Johnson playing tomorrow? He's another small shifty guy that could give us fits.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2005, 11:02 PM
I am wondering how big of a difference maker Surtain will be. Apparently, he had a history of great games against Brady while he was with Miami.

Hopefully Surtain is healthy enough to be effective.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2005, 11:05 PM
Hopefully we stop what WRs they do have.

Bethel Johnson and David Givens are out.

funk monkey
11-26-2005, 11:06 PM
no, the wind is a huge factor for him...and hes not the same as he was last year

Hammock Parties
11-26-2005, 11:07 PM
is Bethel Johnson playing tomorrow?

No. As far as I can tell the Pats are lining up like this at WR.

Deion Branch
Tim Dwight
Andre Davis

keg in kc
11-26-2005, 11:07 PM
No, but hopefully the weather can.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2005, 11:08 PM
No, but hopefully the weather can.

I heard there might be a big thunderstorm going on...they might call the game due to lightning.

tk13
11-26-2005, 11:08 PM
And the crowd noise... they're not exactly working with their number 1 O-line...

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Tomorrow...

we conquer.

Mr. Kotter
11-26-2005, 11:10 PM
Tomorrow...

we conquer.

My gut says we make a statement tomorrow; and end the Patriot's hopes.

Of course, that could be gas from spicey garlic wings I had..... :hmmm:

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2005, 11:11 PM
I heard there might be a big thunderstorm going on...they might call the game due to lightning.

God is a Chiefs fan.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2005, 11:12 PM
I know they are the defending champs, but in the same sense, not the same team. If we plan on doing anything this year, we have to beat them.

Bowser
11-26-2005, 11:13 PM

Deion Branch
Tim Dwight
Andre Davis

Excellent.

And for what it's worth, I was a little miffed that we didn't make a play for Andre Davis. IIRC, didn't Vermeil want him in 2002, but we went with Eddie Freeman instead?

tk13
11-26-2005, 11:13 PM
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTHWEST...NORTH CENTRAL
AND WEST CENTRAL MISSOURI...AS WELL AS EXTREME EASTERN KANSAS.

A LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS WILL LIKELY FORM OVER FAR EASTERN KANSAS
TOMORROW AFTERNOON AND TRACK THROUGH MUCH OF MISSOURI TOMORROW
EVENING. SOME STORMS WITHIN THIS SQUALL LINE MAY HAVE THE POTENTIAL
TO PRODUCE WIND GUSTS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. MARGINAL LOW LEVEL
ATMOSPHERIC INSTABILITY COULD LIMIT STORM SEVERITY...BUT IF STORMS
BECOME SEVERE...THE BEST CHANCE FOR DAMAGING WINDS WILL BE EAST OF
THE KANSAS MISSOURI STATE LINE.

milkman
11-26-2005, 11:14 PM
I think our geniouscps defensive coordinator plays a soft zone, sending only the front four after Brady, and he, and the Pat receivers just abuse our D.

We will have to win this one in a shootout.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Excellent.

And for what it's worth, I was a little miffed that we didn't make a play for Andre Davis. IIRC, didn't Vermeil want him in 2002, but we went with Eddie Freeman instead?

We passed up the following guys of note:

LeCharles Bentley

Andre' Davis

Reche Caldwell

Clinton Portis

Michael Lewis

Antonio Bryant

Deion Branch

Brian Westbrook

Hammock Parties
11-26-2005, 11:18 PM

Nope. Barring an injury to Brady, they are still winning that division. It's pathetic.

greg63
11-26-2005, 11:54 PM
…Here’s to hoping Brady has an off day and doesn't throw for more than 175-200 yards. :toast:

Deberg_1990
11-26-2005, 11:56 PM
I think our geniouscps defensive coordinator plays a soft zone, sending only the front four after Brady, and he, and the Pat receivers just abuse our D.

We will have to win this one in a shootout.

I hate to say i agree with you......but yes, that about sums it up for me.

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 12:01 AM

Graham made the trip to KC, and will likely be a game day decision.

Those not making the trip included Dillon, Kevin Faulk and Matt Light, so they're all definitely out tomorrow.

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 12:02 AM

Miami had great games against Brady. They ran an excellent scheme and had a very good defense. It wasn't Surtain so much as the whole defense being very experienced and effective.

Not that Surtain isn't good, but it was much more than just him.

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 12:04 AM
That's a bonus. And in the same vein of your Deion Branch take, is Bethel Johnson playing tomorrow? He's another small shifty guy that could give us fits.

He's irrelevant in the passing game except for two 60+ yard bombs per season. Other than that, he's nothing to worry about.

Branch, Troy Brown (on 3rd down) and Ben Watson are the guys that will kill you. Watch out for Patrick Pass on screens as well.

Deberg_1990
Miami had great games against Brady. They ran an excellent scheme and had a very good defense. It wasn't Surtain so much as the whole defense being very experienced and effective.

Not that Surtain isn't good, but it was much more than just him.

Didnt Miami beat the Pats last year on Monday night??

Amnorix
no, the wind is a huge factor for him...and hes not the same as he was last year

Brady IS the same as last year. It's his supporting cast that isn't the same.

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 12:05 AM

Deion Branch
Tim Dwight
Andre Davis

Troy Brown made the trip. Will probably see limited duty.

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 12:06 AM

Of course, that could be gas from spicey garlic wings I had..... :hmmm:

Tomorrow doesn't end our hopes. We're likely to win the PATHETIC AFC East regardless of what happens tomorrow.

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Didnt Miami beat the Pats last year on Monday night??

Yes. The Patriots had "a perfect season" except for TEN MINUTES of football last year.

A five minute period at the end of the first quarter in Pittsburgh, and the last 5 minutes of the Miami game. During those ten minutes, EACH AND EVERY CONCEIVABLE THING went wrong.

But then, since we won the SB, who cares? But honestly, those ten minutes were an unmitigated disaster.

The (ultimately) 14-2 Patriots losing to the (ultimately) 4-12 (or thereabouts) 'phins when winning by 11 points with a little over 5 minutes left in the game. :shake: :banghead:

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 12:09 AM
Those 10 minutes you bemoan pretty much sum up my 7 years as a chiefs fan. It's like we're the NFL's version of murphy's law.

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 12:16 AM
Those 10 minutes you bemoan pretty much sum up my 7 years as a chiefs fan. It's like we're the NFL's version of murphy's law.

Yeah, I know. I remember when the Pats had 10 minutes like that in EACH and EVERY game. "Well, we coulda beat Shula's Dolphins except for [fill in the blank]". Gets damn frustrating.

Hopefully KC will turn it around as the Patriots did (but, you know, not to the detriment of the Pats or anything...).

robot monster
11-27-2005, 12:16 AM
Surtain, according to what I can surmise, has 2 interceptions in 8 games against New England since Brady has been the starter.

Since he has 30 career interceptions over 117 games played, it would appear his interception rate against Brady is no higher than against any other QB.

greg63
11-27-2005, 12:18 AM
Any word on when Simms might make it back onto the playing field?

philfree
11-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Hopefully Surtains ankle will be feeling good by game time and he and Warfield will start to gell. Also even though DV said Sims probably wouldn't play till next week I think there's a pretty good chance he might be suited up. Apparently he's taken alot of snaps in pratice this week so I think DV might be sand bagging a little. IMO we'll mix it up on D with zone, man to man and blitzs. The key for our D will be 3rd downs. If we can get to Brady on 3rd down before he has time to find his man we can shut the Pats down in Arrowhead. That's easier said then done and he's tough so even if we get him early we'll still have to keep getting him the whole game or he'll bounce back. On offense we need to be carefull throwing the ball in the red zone and into the Pats zone D. If we don't turn the ball over we should win this game at Arrowhead.

PhilFree:arrow:

greg63
11-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Hopefully Surtains ankle will be feeling good by game time and he and Warfield will start to gell. Also even though DV said Sims probably wouldn't play till next week I think there's a pretty good chance he might be suited up. Apparently he's taken alot of snaps in pratice this week so I think DV might be sand bagging a little. IMO we'll mix it up on D with zone, man to man and blitzs. The key for our D will be 3rd downs. If we can get to Brady on 3rd down before he has time to find his man we can shut the Pats down in Arrowhead. That's easier said then done and he's tough so even if we get him early we'll still have to keep getting him the whole game or he'll bounce back. On offense we need to be carefull throwing the ball in the red zone and into the Pats zone D. If we don't turn the ball over we should win this game at Arrowhead.

PhilFree:arrow:

Great analysis phil, and thanks for the info. :thumb:

RealSNR
11-27-2005, 01:07 AM
Brady WILL throw for 300+. Maybe even 400.

Expect a lot of booing and hissing the pass defense tomorrow. I don't care who the Pats line up at receiver, they make it work.

Hammock Parties
11-27-2005, 01:17 AM

He hasn't hit the 300 yard mark since week 5. I think the injuries are taking their toll.

Mr. Kotter
11-27-2005, 02:12 AM

Expect a lot of booing and hissing the pass defense tomorrow. I don't care who the Pats line up at receiver, they make it work.

BS. Brady will be doing well to hit 250 yds tomorrow....I can feel it.

It's that or a virus sneaking up on me.... :hmmm:

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2005, 03:08 AM
First round of the playoffs is tomorrow. Should be a great game.