PDA

View Full Version : Bell

NJ Chief Fan
11-27-2005, 03:52 PM
OMG since when has kendrell bell been a chief? he had a sack today :clap: bout time he made some sort of an attempt to EARN his paycheck

el borracho
11-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Bell and Kris Wilson have a competition similar to the competition between Legolas and Gimli. Mark one for the dwarf.

Hammock Parties
11-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Gunther's starting to use him more as a pass rusher from what I can tell.

1.5 sacks on the year! ROFL

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Bell and Kris Wilson have a competition similar to the competition between Legolas and Gimli. Mark one for the dwarf.Wow. That's good.

TRR
11-27-2005, 04:10 PM
I specifically watched Bell on 90% of the defensive plays today, and all he is being allowed to do is drop back into coverage. Bell is doing a great job of getting into lanes in the running game, but he's rarely allowed to blitz. Today he got a few chances, and brought down Brady.

If Gun wants more out of him, then use his strengths. Bell was never good in pass coverage.

The Bad Guy
11-27-2005, 04:10 PM
Bell blew up several blockers today.

Am I the only one who really thinks he's played better than his stats indicate?

Sure-Oz
11-27-2005, 04:12 PM
I def. think they need to unleash him i saw him on some plays where he was a rock, rush him as much as possible i say.

keg in kc
Am I the only one who really thinks he's played better than his stats indicate?No, you're not. He's been key to the improvement in the run defense and a big part of the ascension of Kawika Mitchell. Hopefully as we continue to be more and more aggressive as a unit, he'll get more opportunities to make big individual plays.

Hammock Parties

No. Stats don't mean everything. Teams certainly aren't gashing us on the run to Bell's side.

If any Bronco fans give you shit about Kendrell Bell's stats, ask them about DJ Williams. They were all blowing him last year and he doesn't even have a sack this year.

TRR
11-27-2005, 04:13 PM

No. Bell has been solid this season, and is a big reason why KC's run defense is so much better. Posters thought Bell would have 15 sacks this season, but if he isn't allowed to blitz, how is he suppose to come up with sacks?

Pitt moved Bell all over the field. He even put his hand on the ground and rushed the passer on many occasions. Gun hasn't been very creative with Bell (or any of our LB's for that matter) in the blitz game.

Otter
11-27-2005, 04:33 PM

Nope, me too.

robot monster
11-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Because Bell doesn't blitz, people think he stinks. He's in coverage 90% of the time it looks like to me.

Well, Pat Surtain hasn't done anything but make one pick this year by that logic. But in reality if you can see the whole field you recognize him shutting his man down so the ball doesn't come over and allow him to make a play.

I never really see Bell stink. The way he is used just doesn't put him on the sheet too much.

Demonpenz
11-27-2005, 04:37 PM
I just thought he was more of an impact. It's not so much he doesn't have many sacks but i figured there would be alot more of me screaming at the TV "Thats why we got you for your big hit/int/fumble" ability

beer bacon
11-27-2005, 04:49 PM

He also stuck a RB then got inbetween the RB and where he was supposed to be to receive a screen pass. Bell completely ruined that play for the Pats.

DaFace
11-27-2005, 05:17 PM
For what it's worth, Gun made the comment in the pregame that he laughs every time he hears about someone saying Bell's not doing his job. Bell seems to be somewhat invisible because he's being dropped back into coverage rather than rushing the passer. Gun's opinion is that he's been doing an "excellent" job.

I don't pay near enough attention to asses the truth of this, so those are his opinions - not mine.