PDA

View Full Version : Chump Bailey-Most overrated CB

ChiefsfaninPA
11-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Need I say more.

JBucc
11-27-2005, 06:53 PM
:shrug: Has he been getting burned deep this year like he used to?

petegz28
11-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Denver is not good against the pass. If we can contain their pass rush we can burn them.

ChiefsfaninPA
11-27-2005, 06:55 PM
He was pretty banged up at the beginning of the year. He did have a pick he returned on Thursday but other than that he was getting used by Keyshawn and Mrs. Terry Glenn.

Hammock Parties
11-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Bailey's really good. Stop hating.

ChiefsfaninPA
11-27-2005, 06:56 PM
There two rookie cornerbacks should be prime picking for Kennison and Parker. They will probably put Chump on the Tony G like they did last game.

Sure-Oz
11-27-2005, 06:58 PM
I'd take champ bailey easy he is a top notch cb weather hes a donkey or not

ChiefsfaninPA
11-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Bailey's really good. Stop hating.

We'll see. He is average. Nothing special. He was considered a "shut down corner" in Washington, but that was purely scheme.

|Zach|
11-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Ha, the guy is a gamer...there have been multiple times where he has made plays that have saved games.

Methinks you are hating.

|Zach|
11-27-2005, 07:14 PM
We'll see. He is average. Nothing special. He was considered a "shut down corner" in Washington, but that was purely scheme.You'll see what? What more would you need. Offenses avoid him. Some of the athleticism shown on his INTs is amazing.

Hammock Parties
11-27-2005, 07:18 PM
We'll see. He is average. Nothing special. He was considered a "shut down corner" in Washington, but that was purely scheme.

Nope. He's a beast.

Big Chief Homer
11-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Lets just hope T-rich bitch slaps him again!

Boardin Bronco
11-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Champ Bailey is only tied for the league lead in interceptions.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/INT/2005/regular

ChiefsfaninPA
11-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Champ Bailey is only tied for the league lead in interceptions.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/INT/2005/regular

We can now add Wesley to that list with six. When has Chump gotten three in one day?

|Zach|
11-27-2005, 07:49 PM
We can now add Wesley to that list with six. When has Chump gotten three in one day?
Who is a better CB.

ChiefsfaninPA
11-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Who is a better CB.

Considering Wesley plays FS.....................

|Zach|
11-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Considering Wesley plays FS.....................
I am not asking who is better than Wesley.

ChiefsfaninPA
11-27-2005, 07:58 PM
I think Surtain is way better than Chump. If they threw his way more he would have just as many INTs. They know better than to do that though.

|Zach|
11-27-2005, 08:02 PM
I think Surtain is way better than Chump. If they threw his way more he would have just as many INTs. They know better than to do that though.
ROFL

Garcia Bronco
11-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Chump is completely overrated.

chiefsfolife
11-27-2005, 08:14 PM
we dont need donkey trolls with fans like this

ChiefsfaninPA
11-27-2005, 08:15 PM
we dont need donkey trolls with fans like this

Thinking the same thing. I was sure this post would bring out all of the Donk trolls.

Frankie
11-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Denver is not good against the pass. If we can contain their pass rush we can burn them.

And if my grandma was still 20 instead of dead, she could get married.

Nightwish
11-27-2005, 09:06 PM
You'll see what? What more would you need. Offenses avoid him. Some of the athleticism shown on his INTs is amazing.
I won't disparage his talent and ability, but his pick in Thursday's game was about as unimpressive as an interception can possibly be. He just stood there, and Bledsoe threw it straight to him. He didn't have to move one step. That play was 1% to Bailey's credit, and 99% the fault of lousy communication between Bledsoe and his receiver. But that play aside, he has had some impressive picks. I just hope nobody is fool enough to think the one against Dallas was one of them.

Nightwish
11-27-2005, 09:10 PM
And if my grandma was still 20 instead of dead, she could get married.
It's the same thing every year. Denver wins at Invesco, and KC wins at Arrowhead. And each time, everybody seems to think the outcome of the first of those two games will indicate the outcome of the second one. Will this year be any different? I guess we'll see on Sunday.

phxchief
11-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Bailey's good - real good - but he does give up way too many big plays. A lot of WRs, some great, some not-so-great, have got by him with ease for huge gains.

jidar
11-28-2005, 10:39 AM
yeah well... Wesley is a better safety

CoMoChief
11-28-2005, 10:42 AM
I dont think we can talk until our pass defense improves more. Their rookie corners are gonna be badasses in a couple seasons. Bailey has had an alright season.

jspchief
11-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Bailey is a very good CB, but he is over-rated IMO when it comes to the "best CB in the league" label.

His biggest problem is he tries to bait QBs into throwing to his guy. Sometimes it allows him to make great plays and get picks, but too often he gets himself burned by it. I was at the Thursday game, and watched him bait Bledsoe all game, but he was getting burnt by it as much as anything. If would just stick to blanketing his man, he might very well be the best CB in the game, but we wouldn't hear about him as much because the ball would never come his way.

vailpass
11-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Bailey is a very good CB, but he is over-rated IMO when it comes to the "best CB in the league" label.

His biggest problem is he tries to bait QBs into throwing to his guy. Sometimes it allows him to make great plays and get picks, but too often he gets himself burned by it. I was at the Thursday game, and watched him bait Bledsoe all game, but he was getting burnt by it as much as anything. If would just stick to blanketing his man, he might very well be the best CB in the game, but we wouldn't hear about him as much because the ball would never come his way.

Spot-on analysis. I would only add that Champ plays with heart and plays hurt. He turned around Denver's season in the San Diego game by going pick-six with half a hammy and a shoulder brace. With Champ schooling our rookie DBs I look for good things in the future as far as the D-backfield is concerned.

ChiefsfaninPA,
Above is an example, authored by someone who hates Denver as much as you do, of how to lay it down on an opponent using actual football knowledge backed by reason instead of a some empty statement that leaves you looking like a wet-assed bench warmer.

Taco John
11-28-2005, 10:53 AM
Bailey is the best CB in the league. There isn't one better to be found. Does he get burnt now and again. Sure. That doesn't change the facts that Bailey is the best CB in the league and there isn't one better to be found.

royr17
11-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Bailey is the best CB in the league. There isn't one better to be found. Does he get burnt now and again. Sure. That doesn't change the facts that Bailey is the best CB in the league and there isn't one better to be found.

Why exactly do you think Bailey is the best CB in the league. Nevermind I can answer that question, its cause your a Bailey Homer and a Dorko fan.

Face the facts Bailey is overrated. Bailey may be pretty good CB but given that he is not the best.

The best I would say falls in line of Chris McAlister, Nate Clements, Patrick Surtain, etc.

|Zach|
11-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Why exactly do you think Bailey is the best CB in the league. Nevermind I can answer that question, its cause your a Bailey Homer and a Dorko fan.

Face the facts Bailey is overrated. Bailey may be pretty good CB but given that he is not the best.

The best I would say falls in line of Chris McAlister, Nate Clements, Patrick Surtain, etc.
I think you're crazy.

royr17
11-28-2005, 11:28 AM
I think you're crazy.

Of course you do. You always do.

phxchief
11-28-2005, 11:28 AM

ROFL What a stupid comment.

Bailey can't hold Nate Clements' jock.

He isn't the most overrated, but that's only because Chris McAlister is too busy getting the unfounded hype.

jspchief
11-28-2005, 11:30 AM
I don't know if Surtain is better. I doubt he's as athletically gifted.

But I'm willing to bet Surtain has been thrown on less and burnt fewer times than Bailey has this year. It goes back to what I said about Bailey trying to bait QBs instead of just blanketing his guy. Surtain's style is going to make a lot less highlight reels, but a lot less lowlight reels too.

vailpass
11-28-2005, 11:41 AM
I don't know if Surtain is better. I doubt he's as athletically gifted.

But I'm willing to bet Surtain has been thrown on less and burnt fewer times than Bailey has this year. It goes back to what I said about Bailey trying to bait QBs instead of just blanketing his guy. Surtain's style is going to make a lot less highlight reels, but a lot less lowlight reels too.

HMMM...Would you trade Surtain for Bailey?

Surtain is on the downhill slide; in his prime he could compete with Bailey but IMHO Patrick has a year left in him before he loses the step that spells the end for DBs.