PDA

View Full Version : The Benny Sapp and Lawrence Tynes Appreciation Thread.

Rain Man
11-28-2005, 09:16 AM
I just thought these two guys should get a little recognition for their great work yesterday.

Tynes has become a scoring machine, and Sapp is one of those guys who is, pure and simple, a football player. He covers, he blitzes, he tackles, and he seems to like doing it. More power to him.

In other news, we're now down to only three injured starters, the fewest we've had all season. We know that Priest is out for the year, but soon we'll have Sims back, and Sampson's absence is asterisked since Welbourne was our starter last year anyway. And now Barber is back, too? We're going to get stronger as the season progresses.

ChiefsFan4Life
11-28-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm really impressed with what Sapp brings to the table with the size he is. He's fast but is good at wrapping up players and he has impressed me in coverage as well.

Another thing I like about him is that he is about the only Chiefs player that seems to respond and acknowledge me when I yell his name in pre-game warmups. He always gives me the "what's up" headnod.

KChiefsQT
11-28-2005, 09:19 AM
:clap: :clap:

MVChiefFan
11-28-2005, 09:21 AM
It's true, Benny does respond to the yelling of his name! However, last time I was there, I told Boomer he was the man and he gave me the "what's up" nod with a smile to boot. Needless to say, I was very pleased with myself.

KCTitus
11-28-2005, 09:29 AM
I thought Sammy Knight was all over the place as well. Both of the safties had a great game.

Sully
11-28-2005, 09:34 AM
This moron sitting behind me kept making comments like"It's about time Tynes hit a field goal." or," We should get Lowery back."

ChiefsFan4Life
11-28-2005, 09:38 AM
This moron sitting behind me kept making comments like"It's about time Tynes hit a field goal." or," We should get Lowery back."

He's suffering from a severe case of LES (Lin Elliot Syndrome).

Unfortunately there's no cure.

Lin Elliot
11-28-2005, 09:41 AM
He's suffering from a severe case of LES (Lin Elliot Syndrome).

Unfortunately there's no cure.

There is a cure. You just don't want to admit what it is!

Seek
11-28-2005, 12:07 PM

I am not going to pat Tynes on the back. He is still a reason we lost to the Bills. That loss is going to really kills us.

Plus his kicks offs are making it to the 1 but they are not getting any height to it. It is a reason why our kick of team allows every returner to get to the 30, while Dante is struggling to even make it to the 25.

ChiefsCountry
11-28-2005, 12:19 PM
I am not going to pat Tynes on the back. He is still a reason we lost to the Bills. That loss is going to really kills us.

Ahh, the dumb assery. Tynes didnt lose the freaking Buffalo game. The kicking game didnt mean anything in that game. Buffalo's kicker missed the same amount of field goals, and both kickers were having good seasons. The wind that day was horrible. Try blaming our offense for being shitty in the red zone.

Seek
11-28-2005, 12:41 PM
Ahh, the dumb assery. Tynes didnt lose the freaking Buffalo game. The kicking game didnt mean anything in that game. Buffalo's kicker missed the same amount of field goals, and both kickers were having good seasons. The wind that day was horrible. Try blaming our offense for being shitty in the red zone.

Please re-read my post. I said he was a reason. I didn't say THE reason. And I know Buffalo's kicker also missed two, I have never seen a kicker slice a ball as bad and Buffalo's kicker did.

I was a kicker from high school through college. I can tell you the wind had nothing to do with Tynes misses, except for maybe him compensating incorrectly for the wind. The first one went nothing but straight right. The second one he overcompensated and hooked it left. Their kicker just plain out kicked it bad.

Yet you ignored to respond to the portion about the weak kick offs. I guess an intelligent person, such as yourself, just assumes it the kick of coverage, and the kicker has nothing to do with it.

I will tell you this. There is a huge difference in height from Adam Vinateri's kick offs and Tynes, yet kicking it the the same distance. I am talking about a good 50 feet diference in height. When Tynes does hit a high one, it is very short.

I guess you haven't noticed that other teams start around the 30 every time and currently Dante is really struggling to get to the 30.

Fish
11-28-2005, 01:00 PM
I can tell you the wind had nothing to do with Tynes misses, except for maybe him compensating incorrectly for the wind.

I know exactly what you're trying to say...... except I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Seek
11-28-2005, 01:18 PM
I know exactly what you're trying to say...... except I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Okay, his first kick that he missed in Buffalo. Did it move any at all? The wind was blowing from the right to the left. The ball didn't move at all. He missed it Right. so he got it firm put pushed it.

He was kicking at the same goal post. This time, the ball is just inside the upright when it starts to hook and misses left.

In the first field goal he compensated for the wind, but missed it right. the second time, he over compensated for his the wind, adjusting to his previous miss, and he hooked it.

This is exactly what his problem was in pre-season. He was over correcting his mistakes in pre-season. I watched him warm up and he consistently, missed one to the right, thent he left, then the right back to the left until he finally made one.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-28-2005, 01:24 PM
I thought Sammy Knight was all over the place as well. Both of the safties had a great game.

& Patrick Surtain, how many times has he cut some one down on his side of the field for a loss

Seek
11-28-2005, 01:27 PM
& Patrick Surtain, how many times has he cut some one down on his side of the field for a loss

Surtain showed why we paid to get him. That was one of the few times teams actually tested him, for us to get a look. They tried a fade route against him in the end zone. Brady even pump faked it to try and throw him off, but he threw it away instead. I was hoping he would throw it, because Surtain was all over it.

The interception Knight got was actually Surtain's. He was the one who defended it, and them he and Knight kind of fought for it, even as they both hit the ground, and Knight was the one who rolled over with it.

Calcountry
11-28-2005, 01:28 PM
This moron sitting behind me kept making comments like"It's about time Tynes hit a field goal." or," We should get Lowery back."He really has come on this year, and should be our kicker for the next decade.

How did you like that 50 yarder at the end of the half?

Calcountry
11-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Ahh, the dumb assery. Tynes didnt lose the freaking Buffalo game. The kicking game didnt mean anything in that game. Buffalo's kicker missed the same amount of field goals, and both kickers were having good seasons. The wind that day was horrible. Try blaming our offense for being shitty in the red zone.Our shittyness in the red zone seems to be the result of Roaf being out, not being available to lead the power toss sweep, and LJ's impatience with the play.

Calcountry
11-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Okay, his first kick that he missed in Buffalo. Did it move any at all? The wind was blowing from the right to the left. The ball didn't move at all. He missed it Right. so he got it firm put pushed it.

He was kicking at the same goal post. This time, the ball is just inside the upright when it starts to hook and misses left.

In the first field goal he compensated for the wind, but missed it right. the second time, he over compensated for his the wind, adjusting to his previous miss, and he hooked it.

This is exactly what his problem was in pre-season. He was over correcting his mistakes in pre-season. I watched him warm up and he consistently, missed one to the right, thent he left, then the right back to the left until he finally made one.He is tinkering with his "shot" to be sure, but when he gets it dialed in, like yesterday, he is as solid a kicker as there is. Turdr is not ready to bail on the kid yet.

His kickoffs ARE weak, and I don't know what to make of that. Perhaps he shouldn't run up to the ball as much, just plant and wham. Get a better tilt on the tee or something.

Skip Towne
11-28-2005, 01:41 PM
hahahaha Look at the n00bs yipping and yapping in this thread.

Seek
11-28-2005, 01:46 PM
hahahaha Look at the n00bs yipping and yapping in this thread.

Only a noob to your site. Long time KC Star member, and one of the first 30 memebers on the Chief Coalition site. I just started posting here as a result of a couple of your members including Phil mooched off our tailgate parties.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2005, 05:49 PM
I hear Benny Sapp goes nuts before every snap trying to get the crowd louder.

Can someone elaborate that goes to the games?

Seek
11-29-2005, 08:36 AM
I hear Benny Sapp goes nuts before every snap trying to get the crowd louder.

Can someone elaborate that goes to the games?

I wouldn't say he tries to get the crowed into it more than any other player, but I do notice that he triest messing with QB's mind by acting like he will blitz and then back off a couple of times. He does that nearly every play unless they move his guy in motion, and he needs to follow.