PDA

View Full Version : Jumbotron, Music, Etc.

jspchief
11-28-2005, 12:29 PM
This Thanksgiving, I attended the Cowboys vs. Denver game in Dallas. Taking it all in, I confirmed something I've suspected all along... The people that run the sound and video at Arrowhead suck.

The stuff Dallas plays to get their fans riled up would send Arrowhead into a f*cking rabid frenzy. They play kick ass music and video clips.

We sit at Arrowhead and hear the same tired sh*t year after year. They play stupid rap songs that no one knows with lyrics that have no bearing on the situation, assuming you can even understand them. They play that damned Rudy clip that always results in our d giving up a score. Part of the problem is they use it for advertising. A stupid 70s disco song doesn't excite the fans, no matter how well it applies to your brick company sponsor.

I wonder if the people involved with that stuff ever research what other teams do to get ideas? Arrowhead could seriously benefit from an injection of attitude.

Kylo Ren
11-28-2005, 12:34 PM
This Thanksgiving, I attended the Cowboys vs. Denver game in Dallas. Taking it all in, I confirmed something I've suspected all along... The people that run the sound and video at Arrowhead suck.

The stuff Dallas plays to get their fans riled up would send Arrowhead into a f*cking rabid frenzy. They play kick ass music and video clips.

We sit at Arrowhead and hear the same tired sh*t year after year. They play stupid rap songs that no one knows with lyrics that have no bearing on the situation, assuming you can even understand them. They play that damned Rudy clip that always results in our d giving up a score. Part of the problem is they use it for advertising. A stupid 70s disco song doesn't excite the fans, no matter how well it applies to your brick company sponsor.

I wonder if the people involved with that stuff ever research what other teams do to get ideas? Arrowhead could seriously benefit from an injection of attitude. Agreed.

Raiderhater
11-28-2005, 12:36 PM
An upgrade in the music department sure wouldn't hurt.

BigChiefFan
11-28-2005, 12:39 PM
It does seem a little stale, IMO. For as much money as it costs each year, I'd like each game to seem like a unique experience, the guys running the sound board are in a huge rut.

Dartgod
11-28-2005, 12:42 PM
I think they should show pr0n on the video board during TV timeouts.

ChiefsCountry
11-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Hire Dallas' music department and cheerleading coordinator. Gameday at Arrowhead would be so much better.

jspchief
11-28-2005, 12:47 PM
It's not like the Cowboys played all up to date stuff either. It was just better suited for the situation. Rock gets the fans excited. Rap just makes them want to spill a 40 and smack their bitch.

BCF, I like the "unique experience" idea. It's probably not easy to come up all new stuff for every game, but I don't think it's asking too much for them to add one original sound/video clip each week.

All I know is watching the screen in Dallas gave me chills a couple of times, and Arrowhead doesn't do that unless it involves #58. The crowd has been lulled to sleep by years of bad defense, but the stadium entertainment crew doesn't do much to help things.

ptlyon
11-28-2005, 12:50 PM
I nominate ARROWHEADLOUDER.

KC Kings
11-28-2005, 12:50 PM
I can't stand the lame music, but I really dislike the TD Pack Band. Hearing them play is like playing a Barry Manilow song at prom. I know TD has been around for ever and deserves some respect, so I would say that as soon as he passes we need to packup the pack band and get rid of them. Unfortunately that plan would never work, because TD is already 107 years old and appears to have the lifespan of Yoda.

Saulbadguy
11-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Yes, its old and tired. Everything is old and tired.

KC Wolf's schtick is old and tired. The music sucks.

I loved the pre-game routines when we had Motley Crue instead of whatever we have now. Thunderstruck was also much better than what we have now. There is NO rhythm to our pre-game shit.

TD Pack band, bleh. They play the same song every game.

Bob Dole
11-28-2005, 12:54 PM
It's because the Jackson County Sports Authority is responsible for gameday music as part of the lease agreement, and they don't have the money to pay the royalties required to use new songs.

Clearly, the Chiefs need a new stadium.

BigChiefFan
11-28-2005, 12:55 PM
It's not like the Cowboys played all up to date stuff either. It was just better suited for the situation. Rock gets the fans excited. Rap just makes them want to spill a 40 and smack their bitch.

BCF, I like the "unique experience" idea. It's probably not easy to come up all new stuff for every game, but I don't think it's asking too much for them to add one original sound/video clip each week.

All I know is watching the screen in Dallas gave me chills a couple of times, and Arrowhead doesn't do that unless it involves #58. The crowd has been lulled to sleep by years of bad defense, but the stadium entertainment crew doesn't do much to help things.
Thanks, I appreciate that. It's just become so predictable and that's a BAD thing. The idea is to keep the customer coming back for more. EACH week is the same stale tunes and COMMERCIALS. Spend some money and BUY a new CD! If I hear Black Betty one more time, I'm gonna puke-Our team's colors aren't black!!

KC Kings
11-28-2005, 12:56 PM
But I think that depends on the music. I am not a lover of rap, but the remix of the "skeet skeet skeet" song that Whitlock played last year, (From the end zone, to the wall. Kick that ball to Hall. He'll take it to the house, who's scared you's scared...) was pretty cool, and the Royals played one before the games last season that was mde by the same group that was pretty good also.

BigRedChief
11-28-2005, 01:01 PM

I loved the pre-game routines when we had Motley Crue instead of whatever we have now. Thunderstruck was also much better than what we have now. There is NO rhythm to our pre-game shit.

TD Pack band, bleh. They play the same song every game.

I agree its time for a major overhaul of the music, jumbotron and pre game.

The red coaters need to go and be replaced with a blow up helmet and rock music or something.

jspchief
11-28-2005, 01:07 PM
But I think that depends on the music. I am not a lover of rap, but the remix of the "skeet skeet skeet" song that Whitlock played last year, (From the end zone, to the wall. Kick that ball to Hall. He'll take it to the house, who's scared you's scared...) was pretty cool, and the Royals played one before the games last season that was mde by the same group that was pretty good also.Don't mistake my rant for an attack on rap. I don't mind rap, and probably listen to more of it than rock anymore.

But it doesn't work for getting the crowd fired up. We need to turn it into a mosh pit, not a house party.

wilas101
11-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Die MF Die by Dope expresses the attitude needed but a person would probably have the same success in convincing them to play it at Arrowhead as I had trying to get it played for my son's pee-wee football team.

Some folk got no sense of humor. :)

Raiderhater
11-28-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm thinking a little Chevelle, Linkin Park, and 3 Doors Down would be awesome.

How about playing "I Hate Everything About You" by Three Days Grace whenever the donkeys or butt raiders take the field?

NewChief
11-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Don't mistake my rant for an attack on rap. I don't mind rap, and probably listen to more of it than rock anymore.

But it doesn't work for getting the crowd fired up. We need to turn it into a mosh pit, not a house party.

I think some of the rap songs are okay. The "We Ready" song by Pastor Archie Eversole/Bubba Sparxx is pretty cool (or it was the first 1000 times I heard it. Now it's a little old).

Even though I'm sick of the song, you can still see the defense getting pumped up when they play it.

Calcountry
11-28-2005, 01:51 PM

TD Pack band, bleh. They play the same song every game.Arrohead sound guy should play Huey Lewis' "Hip to be square"?

Dunit35
11-28-2005, 01:59 PM
I think some of the rap songs are okay. The "We Ready" song by Pastor Archie Eversole/Bubba Sparxx is pretty cool (or it was the first 1000 times I heard it. Now it's a little old).

Even though I'm sick of the song, you can still see the defense getting pumped up when they play it.

Good tune to get pumped. Alittle Metallica or Disturbed always works. Made me wanna murda someone on the field.

kregger
11-28-2005, 02:05 PM
It's because the Jackson County Sports Authority is responsible for gameday music as part of the lease agreement, and they don't have the money to pay the royalties required to use new songs.

Clearly, the Chiefs need a new stadium.

Bob, you got politiks by the throat. Exactly what I was thinking. Seems like they can't put a decent turf on the field either.
It's all a sick ploy to get pity votes when they roll the next BS election out to the minions.

Bob Dole
11-28-2005, 02:34 PM
In all seriousness, it would not surprise Bob Dole one bit if it all boiled down to an issue of royalties...

And for at least the 20th time:

Drowning Pool's <i>Bodies</i> should be mandatory for the opening kickoff.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2005, 05:55 PM
So basically, you're all saying I should be put in charge? We can show my highlight videos every game!

Rain Man
11-28-2005, 05:57 PM
It sounds to me like the Chiefs need some market research. Can I interest everybody in launching a letter campaign for them to hire my company?

tburg
11-28-2005, 06:00 PM
I dont know if I am in the majority or not but I tend to have troubles sleeping the night before a game. I cant wait to see what that krazy KCWOLF will be up to right before kickoff.

dave0320
11-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Next week they are going to play the theme form COPS; "Bad boy, Bad boy".

joesomebody
11-28-2005, 07:20 PM
I think when the Bronco's take the field, they should show footage from a glue factory.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2005, 08:46 PM
I think when the Bronco's take the field, they should show footage from a glue factory.

shaneo69
11-28-2005, 09:21 PM
I dont know if I am in the majority or not but I tend to have troubles sleeping the night before a game. I cant wait to see what that krazy KCWOLF will be up to right before kickoff.

Yeah, that new feature they added this year where they show what KCWolf did during his summer vacation is hi-lar-i-ous. The waterskiing tricks that they show in slow motion really gets everyone pumped, much like the movie trivia they play just before kickoff. :rolleyes:

I think they need to go back to "Start Me Up" before all kickoffs like they played the first 12 years I went to the games. NOT!!

Even the pre-game film they play to pump up the crowd sucks now. Now that I think about it, do they even have one anymore? It was okay the last couple years when they had that arrowhead flying through KC turning everything red while they showed clips of classic Chiefs players/coaches. Or a couple years ago when they were building the perfect Chief and they used the body parts from the best Chief players of all-time.

I used to like when they played that classic Cheers clip where someone in the bar starts tapping a pencil, and others follow by stomping to the beat of We Will Rock You.

Since the song came out in 2003, I've thought Kevin Martin's "Enemy" would be the perfect song to play during games.

Brock
11-28-2005, 09:41 PM
I agree, very poor.

And get rid of that G-D TD pack band. They suck teh cock.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2005, 09:52 PM
I agree, very poor.

And get rid of that G-D TD pack band. They suck teh cock.

Duuuuuuuude.

That little band rules. I have always loved them.

Brock
11-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Duuuuuuuude.

I don't know what to say to that.

Phobia
11-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Duuuuuuuude.

The prosecution rests.

|Zach|
11-28-2005, 10:01 PM
I try to somehow care about what our music and jumbotron things show but I can't find the energy.

We don't need those kinds of things to get our fans pumped up like other places do.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2005, 10:07 PM
The prosecution rests.

Seriously...what is wrong with them? They're tradition, baby!

jspchief
11-28-2005, 10:12 PM
We don't need those kinds of things to get our fans pumped up like other places do.Bullshit. It's not 1995 anymore. The crowd is slow to fire up and easily deflated these days. KC's fans could benefit from the occasional pumping up.

|Zach|
11-28-2005, 10:16 PM
Bullshit. It's not 1995 anymore. The crowd is slow to fire up and easily deflated these days. KC's fans could benefit from the occasional pumping up.I was there in 95 and I was there yesterday. Fan support was pretty solid IMO.

If it is lacking a video won't pull fans through the other team getting a long 3rd down to move into our redzone. The team stopping them will...and does.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2005, 10:18 PM
I wasn't even at the game yesterday and I could tell the crowd was just nuts at the start. The D was totally amped on that first possession by NE.

jspchief
11-28-2005, 10:23 PM
I was there in 95 and I was there yesterday. Fan support was pretty solid IMO.

If it is lacking a video won't pull fans through the other team getting a long 3rd down to move into our redzone. The team stopping them will...and does.Recent Arrowhead crowds don't touch the 90s crowds. Only a few games this year have even come close. Dallas on Thursday gave recent Chiefs fans a run for their money (even though they had to routinely be reminded to shut the hell up when the Cowboys were on offense).

Maybe it doesn't matter. All I know is I stood at that game thinking what they were doing would have a hella effect on KC's fans.

BigRedChief
11-28-2005, 10:25 PM
I was there in 95 and I was there yesterday. Fan support was pretty solid IMO.

Yes, the crowd brought their "A" game yesterday but its not been that way all year. They could use some help at times this year. Maybe not yesterday but some other games the crowd just wasn't what it could have been.

Bowser
11-28-2005, 11:00 PM
At the first of the year, the stadium music monkeys would play The Crystal Method's Name of the Game during player intros. That is a great song to break into the game with. Not sure why they stopped it.

Spicy McHaggis
11-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Don't mistake my rant for an attack on rap. I don't mind rap, and probably listen to more of it than rock anymore.

Eh I bet we could find some Tech N9ne that would get the place going crazy.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Yes, the crowd brought their "A" game yesterday but its not been that way all year. .

I don't really care what happened earlier this year. The crowd knows this team is good and finally has a good defense. They're going to be off the charts loud for the Broncos game.

I wish I could be there.

Bob Dole
11-28-2005, 11:06 PM
At the first of the year, the stadium music monkeys would play The Crystal Method's Name of the Game during player intros. That is a great song to break into the game with. Not sure why they stopped it.

Because the Jackson County Sports Authority ran out of money to pay the royalties.

It's clear that Arrowhead is obsolete in every way and the team needs a new stadium.

Bowser
11-28-2005, 11:09 PM
Because the Jackson County Sports Authority ran out of money to pay the royalties.

It's clear that Arrowhead is obsolete in every way and the team needs a new stadium.

Can we get boom boxes through security?

HC_Chief
11-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Other than the game, the Arrowhead "experience" pretty much sucks. The Chiefs organization has ZERO entertainment aptitude. These are the same dumbf*cks, after all, that have a media watchdog on their official website who berates and denegrates the fan base.

Music from the 70s? Check.
Lame movie references from the 80s? Check.
Complete lack of halftime entertainment? Check. (I went to a game once where they had 100+ fat middle-aged women sweating to the oldies... I f*cking kid you not)
Crap band that butchers mullet-rock songs? Check.
Lame ass mascot prancing around? Check. (the thing is a frigging RACCOON)
Pack of fugly cheerleaders dancing to Michael Jackson songs? Check.

Between plays Arrowhead has to be one of the most boring stadiums ever.

BTW, Chiefs fans, LOSE THE F*CKING MULLET HAIRCUT!!! I saw at least a dozen mullets at the game yesterday. The 80s are OVER. Let it go. You look like a frigging retart(sic).

Hammock Parties
11-28-2005, 11:17 PM
Lame movie references from the 80s? Check.

Eh?

Bob Dole
11-28-2005, 11:20 PM
BTW, Chiefs fans, LOSE THE F*CKING MULLET HAIRCUT!!! I saw at least a dozen mullets at the game yesterday. The 80s are OVER. Let it go. You look like a frigging retart(sic).

Nice. Feed the stereotype.

Bob Dole lives in Texas and visits cities in Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas on a regular basis. The mullet ratio at Arrowhead is no higher than it is anywhere else.

NASCAR fans can't roam the country every week to attend their favorite event and often have to just settle.

HC_Chief
11-29-2005, 12:56 PM

Bob Dole lives in Texas and visits cities in Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas on a regular basis. The mullet ratio at Arrowhead is no higher than it is anywhere else.

NASCAR fans can't roam the country every week to attend their favorite event and often have to just settle.

lol

Well, it is true. The worst part was these weren't even well-maintained mullets either... no, they were full-on WT meth-head permed unwashed plummage ape-drapes.

Brock
11-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Seriously...what is wrong with them? They're tradition, baby!

They were hip in the '60s, "baby". As far as I'm concerned, the TD Crap band is just 30 wasted seats.

Hammock Parties
11-29-2005, 01:05 PM
They were hip in the '60s, "baby". As far as I'm concerned, the TD Crap band is just 30 wasted seats.

Sorry, I just dig them. I can't explain it. I watch a Chiefs game, it wouldn't be the same without hearing them.

It'd be like if the crowd stopped the YOU chant.

jidar
11-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Yeah, they could do a better job.

to be fair though, some of that music you hear that leaves you scratching your head is pumping up our players. They're hip to the latest rap trends that we might not recognize.

jidar
11-29-2005, 01:08 PM

I was truly embarassed by what they showed on the tube though. they said something to the tune of "this is what you get in Kansas City" and then showed a guy screaming with chew poking out of his bottom lip, then Belly Boys toothless grin.
My wife and I both groaned. :(

jspchief
11-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Yeah, they could do a better job.

to be fair though, some of that music you hear that leaves you scratching your head is pumping up our players. They're hip to the latest rap trends that we might not recognize.What's going to pump players up more? Their favorite rap song or 75,000 amped up fans?

You get the fans going and I guarantee the players will get pumped.