PDA

View Full Version : We should sign Lenny Walls

Bill Lundberg
11-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Broncos | Walls waived
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 13:20:29 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced the team has waived CB Lenny Walls (groin) from the Injured Reserve list.

I say bring this guy in and let him have a little one on one time in the film room with Al Saunders and the offensive coaches. Then give him his walking papers next Monday.

Wa-Z
11-28-2005, 04:13 PM
Broncos | Walls waived

The Denver Broncos have announced the team has waived CB Lenny Walls (groin) from the Injured Reserve list.

I say bring this guy in and let him have a little one on one time in the film room with Al Saunders and the offensive coaches. Then give him his walking papers next Monday.

Why?...even if...why would he talk to the offensive coaches if he's a CB?

Bill Lundberg
11-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Why?...even if...why would he talk to the offensive coaches if he's a CB?

Wow. Maybe because he's been a Defensive player for the Denver Broncos. You see, we play the Broncos this Sunday in a very important divisional game. AND it is our offensive coaches who will be watching film on Denver's defense. Common sense would dictate that Mr. Walls could possibly clue the coaches in as to the different coverages and schemes that Denver will play. That would help our offensive coaches in knowing what plays to call in certain situations which could be perceived as an advantage.

Extra Point
11-28-2005, 04:21 PM
You don't bring someone like that in, pimp him, then put him on the street. Who are you going to let go, to put him on the roster? The NFLPA and the owners have made sure that sh!t doesn't happen.

Skyy God
11-28-2005, 04:24 PM
You don't bring someone like that in, pimp him, then put him on the street. Who are you going to let go, to put him on the roster? The NFLPA and the owners have made sure that sh!t doesn't happen.

I seem to recall a couple of 7th round OT's that would likely clear waivers.

robot monster
Why would Walls help us? That doesn't make any sense.

Besides, we've got a whole years worth of game film on their D and it isn't like he knows their game plan for this week. He's on his couch eating cheetos, not practicing with the team.

Mecca
How about, you IR the worthless Jerome Woods. The bring him in and let him be the backup free safety for the rest of the year. Sounds like a solid plan to me.

Wa-Z
11-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Wow. Maybe because he's been a Defensive player for the Denver Broncos. You see, we play the Broncos this Sunday in a very important divisional game. AND it is our offensive coaches who will be watching film on Denver's defense. Common sense would dictate that Mr. Walls could possibly clue the coaches in as to the different coverages and schemes that Denver will play. That would help our offensive coaches in knowing what plays to call in certain situations which could be perceived as an advantage.

That would be wrong.

Sully
11-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Beyond the info he could provide, he's apparently got some talent, just unrealized talent. Let me drop the phrase I saw in an earlier thread about Detroit's WRs... change of scenery... maybe he would be a good addition.

sedated
11-28-2005, 04:33 PM
There's only one rat low enough to pull that, and last time I checked, we didn't have Shanahan as our head coach.

Valiant
11-28-2005, 04:49 PM
There's only one rat low enough to pull that, and last time I checked, we didn't have Shanahan as our head coach.

Shit if I am a coach I am doing that as much as I could...

PastorMikH
11-28-2005, 06:43 PM

Exactly.

Instead, someone from our coaching staff should contact him, take him out to dinner, and offer him a nice little bribe for the info. Since he wouldn't be signed, he wouldn't count for a roster spot or cap.

:)

Reaper16
11-28-2005, 06:57 PM
Standard Rayduhs practice right there.

Thig Lyfe
11-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Standard Rayduhs practice right there.

Plus we don't want him pulling a Billy Baber now do we?

Sully
11-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Plus we don't want him pulling a Billy Baber now do we?
What did Baber do?

Spicy McHaggis
11-28-2005, 11:01 PM
What did Baber do?

Signed with the Bolts right before our game last year.

Mr. Kotter
11-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Signed with the Bolts right before our game last year.

And he, apparently, fed Marty a bunch of bullshit..... ROFL

He's still buddies with some on our roster, I guess.

Deberg_1990
11-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Wow, he does have enticing size 6' 4 195 pounds........sounds like Gunthers type of CB. From reading the gossop on the mane, he appears to have Bartee diesase though.

Spicy McHaggis
11-28-2005, 11:04 PM
And he, apparently, fed Marty a bunch of bullshit..... ROFL

He's still buddies with some on our roster, I guess.

Yep. Pretty funny if you ask me. And in a suprising move the Chargers cut him right after the game.

listopencil
11-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Weaknesses:

Poor hip movement makes him prone to be beaten on double moves

Has trouble locating the ball in the air.

Poor hands, even for a CB.

Inconsistent tackling ability.

Strengths:

Height advantage.

Speed.

Physical style of play.

He wouldn't be worth anything to KC to sign him for info on the Broncos (yes, I know that was a joke) as he has seen limited playing time due to injuries (this year and in the past) and being beat out by two rookie CB's. If he could return kicks we would have kept him. He would be good depth for you guys unless you have some up-and-coming DB's on the roster.

Deberg_1990
11-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Weaknesses:

Poor hip movement makes him prone to be beaten on double moves

Has trouble locating the ball in the air.

Poor hands, even for a CB.

Inconsistent tackling ability.

Strengths:

Height advantage.

Speed.

Physical style of play.

Ehh.....we dont need another Bartee...no thanks.

listopencil
11-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Wow, he does have enticing size 6' 4 195 pounds........sounds like Gunthers type of CB. From reading the gossop on the mane, he appears to have Bartee diesase though.
We thought so too, but he hit a plateau. You look at him and you think,"Wow. Even if he's only halfway decent that would be a gigantic halfway decent CB!" but he just never improved enough. He's why we drafted three CB's with our first three picks.

Mecca
11-28-2005, 11:19 PM
95% of Lenny Walls problem is he's a free safety trying to play corner.

listopencil
11-28-2005, 11:21 PM
95% of Lenny Walls problem is he's a free safety trying to play corner.

Yeah, we wondered if they were going to try him at Safety but I don't think they ever did.

Mecca
11-28-2005, 11:22 PM
Yeah, we wondered if they were going to try him at Safety but I don't think they ever did.

I doubt he could be much worse than Nick Ferguson.......After this season you guys need safeties. You got piano on his back Lynch and Ferguson is basically a backup.

listopencil
11-28-2005, 11:28 PM
I doubt he could be much worse than Nick Ferguson.......After this season you guys need safeties. You got piano on his back Lynch and Ferguson is basically a backup.

Sam Brandon is pretty good. He replaces a LB in what they call "The Big Nickle" package. He covered Gonzales in the DEN/KC game. He just came back from a torn pectoral. They put Ian Gold on the TE against DAL for some reason instead and Whitten had a huge day. Maybe to let Brandon heal up a little instead of facing the short weak after rehab. We also have a rookie (Browner) who is supposed to be pretty good (I didn't see him play) that broke his arm in pre-season.

Hoofbeats
11-29-2005, 01:19 AM
Broncos | Walls waived

Hee! Hee! Devious little plot there you pathetic losers, but alas...Lenny Walls will be of little value in your film room since he spent so little time in ours.

Why do you think he's unemployed? :hmmm: