PDA

View Full Version : The Two Most Important Remaining Games...

RINGLEADER
11-29-2005, 08:44 AM
ON EDIT: Two Most Important For the Wild Card...

Yes, yes, I know they're all important and I know that beating Denver is job one this week, but if you look at the wild card scenarios after the Pittsburgh loss last night and the tie-breaker situations that the Chiefs are currently facing the two most important remaining games are the final two of the year at Arrowhead against San Diego and Cincinatti.

First of all the Chiefs are most likely going to have to win 4 of the remaining 5 games to insure a post-season berth. But the San Diego and Cincy games are especially important for the wild card because a loss to San Diego kills us in the first tie-breaker (head-to-head) and essentially removes us from contention since I think we're going to end up with similar records. In short, we have to beat San Diego to move us to the conference record tie-breaker.

A win against Cincy is imperative because it is the last game where we can keep pace with Pittsburgh who has beaten the Bengals (and may do so again in the coming week). A loss to Cincy will cripple our ability to overcome Pittsburgh's position for the wild card.

Personally, I see the Chargers losing 2 of their remaining 5 to go 10-6, and the Steelers will likely lose 2 of their remaining 5 to go 10-6 as well. If KC CAN win 4 of 5 then we're in as the 5th or 6th seed based on what Jacksonville does. If we do drop 2 but beat San Diego and Cincy then who knows at that point since it will drop to strength of victory and, depending on who we beat, we could get in or we could be on the outside watching San Diego and Jacksonville.

cdcox
11-29-2005, 08:53 AM
You are correct that the SD and Cinncy games are the most important. I still feel like we have to have the Denver game for three reasons:

1) momentum. If we drop the game to the Broncos, we would be facing the prospect of winning out to have a good chance for the playoffs or winning 3 of 4 and getting lucky. A loss to Denver with everything on the line pretty much tells me that we don't have the guts for any kind of heroics like that.

2) It's a home game. We need to win at least 3 out of the last 5 and have 3 home games remaining on the schedule. Arrowhead is still a huge advantage. Win the home games and do your best on the road.

3) It's an AFC game, and would likely tilt the balance in any tiebreaker.

Denver is a must game for a serious Wild Card playoff run in my book.

Gaz
11-29-2005, 09:01 AM
Since I have not abandoned my dreams of the AFC West crown, the Broncos game is the most important.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not willing to settle.

ChiefsfaninPA
11-29-2005, 09:05 AM
Since I have not abandoned my dreams of the AFC West crown, the Broncos game is the most important.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not willing to settle.

Not only the most important but by far the best team we will be playing out of all of those games.

Lzen
11-29-2005, 09:05 AM
The 2 most important remaining games are Denver and San Diego. That seems pretty obvious to me.

philfree
11-29-2005, 09:11 AM

xoxo~
Gaz
Not willing to settle.

:clap: Yeah baby! That's what I'm all about! :clap:

PhilFree:arrow:

ROYC75
11-29-2005, 09:13 AM
Plug it, win them all and move on ........

Bob Dole
11-29-2005, 09:13 AM
The two most important games are the next two on the schedule.

Warrior5
11-29-2005, 09:19 AM
You are correct that the SD and Cinncy games are the most important. I still feel like we have to have the Denver game for three reasons:

1) momentum. If we drop the game to the Broncos, we would be facing the prospect of winning out to have a good chance for the playoffs or winning 3 of 4 and getting lucky. A loss to Denver with everything on the line pretty much tells me that we don't have the guts for any kind of heroics like that.

2) It's a home game. We need to win at least 3 out of the last 5 and have 3 home games remaining on the schedule. Arrowhead is still a huge advantage. Win the home games and do your best on the road.

3) It's an AFC game, and would likely tilt the balance in any tiebreaker.

Denver is a must game for a serious Wild Card playoff run in my book.

4) It's this week's game.

5) It's the stinkin' cut-blockin', bird-flippin', crisco-jersey wearin' Donks.

cdcox
11-29-2005, 09:23 AM
Numbers wise, the SD is by far the most important. Cinn and Denver are about equal. Denver is the one on the schedule this week, so yeah, lets kick the snot out of them.

ceebz
11-29-2005, 09:24 AM
The Chiefs must win all remaining conference games if they want to get in. That loss to Buffalo is gonna haunt them.

siberian khatru
11-29-2005, 09:30 AM
I hope the Chiefs are treating the Denver game like a first-round playoff game. I think it's that important -- to get to 8-4, to pull within a game of Denver, to make a statement.

We pull off a "W" Sunday, then I'll start checking scenarios. We lose, all we've got are mathematical possibilities and hypotheticals ("Well, we COULD win the rest of our games, anything's possible ...").

It's time we went out and proved something.

Warrior5
11-29-2005, 09:40 AM
We pull off a "W" Sunday, then I'll start checking scenarios.

'Zactly.

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Denver has 3 games coming up that could be L's for them. Us, at Buffalo, and at San Diego. We take care of business and win at least 4 of the next 5 we could win the division. Plus the tiebreaker with the Broncs might be that Miami game.

the Talking Can
11-29-2005, 09:47 AM

Bingo.

Regardless of home field advantage we are underdogs, imho. And we haven't proven anything until we beat Denver.

This is the final judgement on Gun, all our FA's, and DV.

ptlyon
11-29-2005, 09:50 AM
Denver has 3 games coming up that could be L's for them. Us, at Buffalo, and at San Diego.

BUFFALO?

ptlyon
11-29-2005, 09:53 AM
I think it's that important -- to get to 8-4, to pull within a game of Denver, to make a statement.

What really sucks is that on paper there is NO way we should have lost to Buffalo and we threw one away with Philly.

Take those 2 away and we would have identical records both coming down to the wire for the division.

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2005, 09:55 AM
BUFFALO?

Buffalo has a good home record and playing in Buffalo in December is one of the hardest things in the NFL.

RINGLEADER
11-29-2005, 10:07 AM

xoxo~
Gaz
Not willing to settle.

Ah yes. I should have noted the most important games to win for the wild card.

I guess the tie-breaker situation has left me doubting out ability to get a game up on Denver with five games left...then again, if they lose to the right teams we might be able to overcome the conference record.