PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling it

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Indy will go 19-0. (barring an injury to Peyton Manning)

bastards.

BigChiefFan
11-29-2005, 08:50 AM
I seriously doubt it.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-29-2005, 08:52 AM
I seriously doubt it.
I don't. I mean yea... anything can happen... but I like their chances.

cdcox
11-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Dungy has said they will rest their starters once they clinch HFA. Idiot.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-29-2005, 08:59 AM
I don't think he will. Not a lot anyway. I think they want the undefeated season so they can be considered one of, if not the greatest teams ever.

ptlyon
11-29-2005, 09:02 AM
They will lose at Seattle X-mas eve.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-29-2005, 09:04 AM
That would be funny. That's the last game 'o the season isn't it?

cdcox
11-29-2005, 09:05 AM
I don't think he will. Not a lot anyway. I think they want the undefeated season so they can be considered one of, if not the greatest teams ever.

I'm not a Colt fan, but for history's sake I hope you are right. Thing is that coaches in the Marty lineage start crapping diamonds as soon as they start sniffing the playoffs. Resting your starters is the same mindset that tells you to play for the FG. It's the safe thing to do.

cdcox
11-29-2005, 09:06 AM
That would be funny. That's the last game 'o the season isn't it?

Second to last. Thing is Seattle could have HFA wrapped up by then and may not have much to play for.

Brock
11-29-2005, 09:12 AM
They aren't going undefeated with or without their starters. Don't you people ever learn?

beavis
11-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Don't you people ever learn?
How long have you been here? This is the planet, where no one is limited in their thought process by reality.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-29-2005, 09:33 AM
How long have you been here? This is the planet, where no one is limited in their thought process by reality.
Reality is that they are 11-0 and getting better. No one is in thier class. An undefeated season has been done before, it can be done again, and if any team can do it they can.

Sure, maybe they'll lose a game or two. Maybe they won't. I'm saying I like their chances.

The nature of a prediction is not to be based in "reality." That's what makes it a prediction. It's isn't real yet. It does make for a topic of discussion on a football bulletin board that hasn't featured a ton of new topics lately.

StcChief
11-29-2005, 09:37 AM
The beat Pitt last night but call me under impressed...

Hopefully Seattle will need the game and
it's raining in Seattle and they get beat.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-29-2005, 09:38 AM
The beat Pitt last night but call me under impressed...

really...? I was very impressed. I thought they handed a damn good team their asses.

HemiEd
11-29-2005, 09:42 AM
really...? I was very impressed. I thought they handed a damn good team their asses.

Agreed, a total mismatch. I really do not see anyone beating them, they may have a bad game and beat themselves though.

ptlyon
11-29-2005, 09:48 AM
Agreed, a total mismatch. I really do not see anyone beating them, they may have a bad game and beat themselves though.

Every team has a bad game. Examples:

a) KC @ Buffalo a few weeks ago.
b) The '85 Bears against the Dolphins. Either that one was rigged by the NFL as a story line or the Bears pooped in their hat. I think it is the latter, because as everyone knows, the Bears even had a music video on their side.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-29-2005, 10:00 AM
as everyone knows, the Bears even had a music video on their side.
Maybe that's what the Chiefs need.

B2chiefsfan
11-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Indy will go undefeated this year, and the way the NFC looks, expect a real yawner of a superbowl.

That's my take......:)

sd4chiefs
11-29-2005, 10:10 AM

I am going to be really :mad: if the Chargers beat them in a few weeks because he rests his starters. :cuss:

MichaelH
11-29-2005, 10:57 AM
I hope they go 16-0 then get pummeled in the AFC Championship game by us.

B2chiefsfan
11-29-2005, 11:15 AM
I hope they go 16-0 then get pummeled in the AFC Championship game by us.
It would be so sweet to go into Indy and Donks houses, and get payback all in one year!!!!

Reality tells me........"rrrrright".......:shake:

but I can dream..........

vailpass
11-29-2005, 11:21 AM

Would he not be more of an idiot if Manning got hurt in a meaningless game once HFA is clinched?

Goapics1
11-29-2005, 11:22 AM
Would he not be more of an idiot if Manning got hurt in a meaningless game once HFA is clinched?
A voice of reason. :clap: I'll be damned.

Ebolapox
11-29-2005, 11:26 AM
I'd absolutely die laughing if the colts went undefeated and then lost in the playoffs before even making the superbowl--the ultimate 'he crapped in his hat' award

-EB-

Goapics1
11-29-2005, 11:32 AM
I'd absolutely die laughing if the colts went undefeated and then lost in the playoffs before even making the superbowl--the ultimate 'he crapped in his hat' award

-EB-
That is not nice Mr. "RCADOMELOUDER".

UKMike
11-29-2005, 11:34 AM

It's a risk, but the choice is go 15-1 14-2 and go on to win it and in five years everyones forgotten who it was that won it that year, or, go 19-0 and everyones talking about those '05 Colts for the next few decades.

BIG_DADDY
11-29-2005, 11:36 AM
I already bet on INDY to go 16-0 several weeks ago.

vailpass
11-29-2005, 11:37 AM
It's a risk, but the choice is go 15-1 14-2 and go on to win it and in five years everyones forgotten who it was that won it that year, or, go 19-0 and everyones talking about those '05 Colts for the next few decades.

Howdy Mike, how's everything on the other side of the pond?

I hear ya' and you are right.
IMHO the best thing that could happen to the Colts is to lose a game in the next week or two, take all the undefeated pressure off, and then concentrate on winning the SB.

BIG_DADDY
11-29-2005, 11:39 AM

That's it there is history on the line here. They will talk about you forever if you go undefeated. Don't think for 2 seconds they don't know that and are gunning for it.

vailpass
11-29-2005, 11:46 AM
That's it there is history on the line here. They will talk about you forever if you go undefeated. Don't think for 2 seconds they don't know that and are gunning for it.

Dungy says he doesn't care about the undefeated season and will rest players once HFA is clinched. He is just the stoic prick to do it, too. Since you bet otherwise I can see where you might not agree with this.

redfan
11-29-2005, 11:48 AM

Yup, this I believe.

bogie
11-29-2005, 11:51 AM
It would be so sweet to go into Indy and Donks houses, and get payback all in one year!!!!

Reality tells me........"rrrrright".......:shake:

but I can dream..........

I know I'm a homer, but the Chiefs are beginning to gell on both sides of the ball at just the right time. This is not an impossibility.

HemiEd
11-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Every team has a bad game. Examples:

a) KC @ Buffalo a few weeks ago.
b) The '85 Bears against the Dolphins. Either that one was rigged by the NFL as a story line or the Bears pooped in their hat. I think it is the latter, because as everyone knows, the Bears even had a music video on their side.

Kind of what I was thinking, hope we have gotten our bad games out of the way for a while.

BIG_DADDY
11-29-2005, 11:59 AM
Dungy says he doesn't care about the undefeated season and will rest players once HFA is clinched. He is just the stoic prick to do it, too. Since you bet otherwise I can see where you might not agree with this.

Well I will hedge my bet by betting the money line on the Chargers game. I just don't see anyone else giving them a battle. He may rest the starters but I bet they will still play the first half just to keep the chemistry flowing. IMO it would be stupid to give them off one or two weeks off just before they already get a week off. 3 weeks you could certainly lose your timing.

jidar
11-29-2005, 12:01 PM
They wont go undefeated because Manning has a reputation for choking when it matters.

Because of this Dungy isn't going to expose his team to injury once homefield is clenched, and he's not going to set Manning up for the biggest post season choke in the history of professional football.

Now if they had won a Superbowl already, then maybe they would do it, but as it is they aren't going to risk post season success by going into the post season with the undefeated monkey on their back... not when there is the easy out of resting the starters.

I doubt Peyton wants to go undefeated, the post season pressure in that situation, especially with it being him, would be enormous.

BIG_DADDY
11-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Yup, this I believe.

Seattle is way overrated. Nobody is more overrated than the Jags though. After October 16th they only play one team with a winning record. The discrepancy in the difficulty of schedules in the NFL is retarded. They might as well match up the Jags with a few high school teams while their at it.

BigChiefFan
11-29-2005, 12:14 PM
The Colts are a paper tiger. Yes, they have a stellar Offense, but their D is still very suspect in my book. Their winning record is a result of their cakewalk schedule. No way they go undefeated the rest of the season, it just doesn't happen.

greg63
11-29-2005, 01:19 PM
They wont go undefeated because Manning has a reputation for choking when it matters.

Because of this Dungy isn't going to expose his team to injury once homefield is clenched, and he's not going to set Manning up for the biggest post season choke in the history of professional football.

Now if they had won a Superbowl already, then maybe they would do it, but as it is they aren't going to risk post season success by going into the post season with the undefeated monkey on their back... not when there is the easy out of resting the starters.

I doubt Peyton wants to go undefeated, the post season pressure in that situation, especially with it being him, would be enormous.

Possibly, but the pressure to go undefeated in the post season is a monkey on the backs of every team in the playoffs not just the Colts.

Dark Horse
11-29-2005, 01:41 PM
The Titans will beat Indy this week.

Aries Walker
11-29-2005, 02:12 PM
It depends mostly on Seattle. If the Colts are still undefeated going in to that game, they will have wrapped up home field. If the Seahawks are still fighting for it, Seattle will win, even if the Colts play their first string.

That, plus games against Jacksonville and San Diego, makes me think they'll lose at some point.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-29-2005, 03:20 PM
I know I'm a homer, but the Chiefs are beginning to gell on both sides of the ball at just the right time. This is not an impossibility.
homer...

that would be sweet though.