PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Fitzpatrick

jspchief
11-29-2005, 10:13 AM
Anyone see what he did for the Rams on Sunday? 19 of 30, 310 yds, 3TDs, 1 INT.

He's the QB from Harvard that a lot of pundits thought KC had interest in drafting. We took James Kilian instead. Looks like we may have missed out on a good one. Maybe Kilian will be better in the end. 7th round, crap shoot anyway.

Demonpenz
11-29-2005, 10:41 AM
deep breathe everyone. It was the texans

jspchief
11-29-2005, 10:44 AM
deep breathe everyone. It was the texansA 7th round rookie QB looking good in the NFL is noteworthy regardless of the opponent.

He may turn out to be aweful, but in his first opportunity, he looked pretty solid. Not real athletic, but he was making some sweet passes... appears to have a strong arm.

I'm not sure why I need a deep breath. Just noting the performance of a guy KC was interested in.

HemiEd
11-29-2005, 10:45 AM

Yep and I had given up on this game. It was a pleasant suprise to read that the Rams had come back to win by more than 3. :)

Demonpenz
11-29-2005, 10:46 AM
I was just saying take a deep breath until you load up the "damnit carl"l bazooka's

StcChief
11-29-2005, 10:51 AM
It was on here bar big screen, I was watching Chiefs...

The fans had thrown in the towel. Told them Texans don't play 4 qtrs.

He was impressive even though it was the Texans

Better than Jamie Martin as their 2nd....

With those receivers, Holt,Bruce,Curtis.....

Lucky onside kick recovery to go to OT.

cadmonkey
11-29-2005, 10:51 AM
A 7th round rookie QB looking good in the NFL is noteworthy regardless of the opponent.

A late round QB doing well in the NFL huh? That sounds like a familiar story :)

Sure-Oz
11-29-2005, 12:01 PM
vs the texans plus he has issace bruce and torry holt to throw to.

Goapics1
11-29-2005, 12:04 PM
Well shit. If it is that easy, maybe I should see if I can get a try out with the Rams.

farmerchief
11-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Yes, it was the Texans, but he sure looked very impressive in the preseason game agains the Chiefs! I was wishing then the Chiefs had drafted him, rumor had them looking that way for awhile.
farmerchief

Rausch
11-29-2005, 12:34 PM

Imagine this offense with Holt/Bruce and Kennison.

We really need a legit no 1 WR...

Sybil
11-29-2005, 12:48 PM
I saw him play some of his college games. I thought the Chiefs should have drafted him as their QBOTF.

Sure-Oz
11-29-2005, 12:58 PM

kennison isnt bad but man if we had a legit #1 threat it would open so much more for gonzo and kennison, sigh

greg63
11-29-2005, 01:02 PM

Yup! :drool:

Frankie
11-29-2005, 02:45 PM
He's the QB from Harvard that a lot of pundits thought KC had interest in drafting. We took James Kilian instead. Looks like we may have missed out on a good one. Maybe Kilian will be better in the end. 7th round, crap shoot anyway.We don't even have Kilian. Though I think we will sign him in the off-season and send him to Europe.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the greatest QB to ever play the game.

chagrin
11-29-2005, 03:45 PM

I agree totally, but we all know what will happen. Carl will end up signing Bruce in about another 3 years, just enough to give us 2 or 3 good games before he breaks his leg

HolmeZz
11-29-2005, 04:11 PM
My sleepers prior to the '05 draft:

MLB Alfred Fincher, UConn
S Kerry Rhodes, Louisville
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, Harvard
RB Brandon Jacobs, Southern Illinois
MLB Lofa Tatupu, USC
CB Antonio Perkins, Oklahoma

I think Perkins is the only way who hasn't produced much yet. Fincher'll be good once the Saints actually let him see the field. Kerry Rhodes is starting at safety for the Jets though. Brandon Jacobs has seen quite a bit of action for the Giants. Tatupu's been one of the best MLBs in all of the league this year. Fitzpatrick only threw for 300 yards in his first ever game, and it wasn't even a start.

sedated
11-29-2005, 04:46 PM

Joe Horn would be nice :shake:

Sure-Oz
11-29-2005, 05:19 PM
ithawamba JC all pro baby!

Frankie
11-29-2005, 05:46 PM
ithawamba JC all pro baby!
If you do that you'll have to clean it yourself.

Nightwish
11-29-2005, 06:58 PM
That's what I was thinking. I'm not down on him, but I'm not down with him yet, either. With receivers the caliber of Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt, any QB could look good. That's not to say the guy doesn't have potential, but I'd like to reserve judgement until he's had more than three quarters under his belt and has played a tougher opponent that Houston.

HolmeZz
11-29-2005, 07:22 PM
If you saw any of the highlights, the passes he was throwing were even more impressive than the stats. He was incredibly accurate, especially with the deep ball, and didn't look like a rookie when he'd drop back. He was calm and went through his progressions pretty well.

Infidel Goat
11-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Perfect candidate for a Chiefs draft.

The attraction is more a gimmick from the combine than his performance in college.

I realize intelligence is important in the NFL. And I realize Fitzpatrick performed well at the level of football he played at. I'd just prefer a guy that has produced against top quality talent.

You wrote that shortly before the draft last year when KEG posted an article touting Fitzpatrick's perfect wonderlic test result.

I'm sure that Carl Peterson read your post and went with the all-WAC Kilian instead.

:cuss:

;)

--Infidel Goat

jspchief
11-30-2005, 10:10 AM
You wrote that shortly before the draft last year when KEG posted an article touting Fitzpatrick's perfect wonderlic test result.

I'm sure that Carl Peterson read your post and went with the all-WAC Kilian instead.

:cuss:

;)

--Infidel GoatI'm not pretending that I was ever high on the guy. I just found it interesting that a guy that the team was rumored to be interested in came in and looked as good as he did. I also keep and eye on other guys that KC supposedly had interest in (like Darryl Blackstock and Thomas Davis).

Yes, it was against the Texans. Yes, he has Holt and Bruce. But if James Kilian came in for us and played anything remotely close to that, we'd be having a circle jerk over it, regardless of who it was against. Fitzpatrick played well. Period. I can only hope that Kilian is ever capable of doing that for us.