PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone catch John Madden's gem of a quote last night?

cadmonkey
11-29-2005, 10:50 AM
.....regarding Edgerin James' blocking?

He blew a block that allowed a blitzing saftey to sack Manning. Madden then says "I have noticed two things with Edgerin James when he blocks. When he gets a good block it is a really good block, but when its a bad block it is a really bad block."

:banghead: Listening to him is really getting me mad. I mean I used to be able to tolerate his "See this lineman right here, well he pulls and gets his man so he did his job.........." quotes for a while, but then it got to the point of "you know, whoever gets the ball in the endzone more tonight is gonna win this game". But it is getting really bad.

Demonpenz
11-29-2005, 10:52 AM
that quote isn't so bad. It's like "when it rains it pours" cliche. Some of his other ones make scratch my head.

HemiEd
11-29-2005, 10:53 AM
On the brite side I do not remember him mentioning Brett Favre one single time.

siberian khatru
11-29-2005, 10:53 AM
:shrug:

I don't know if it's true, but it makes sense to me. To me, he's saying James is a hit or miss guy -- he either wipes out a defender or he whiffs completely. There's no "getting a hand on him to throw him a bit offstride."

brent102fire
11-29-2005, 10:55 AM
I'd take Madden over Randy Cross any day :)

cadmonkey
11-29-2005, 10:55 AM
that quote isn't so bad. It's like "when it rains it pours" cliche. Some of his other ones make scratch my head.

No, "A good block is a good block, a bad block is a bad block" is like "when is rains it rains and when it snows it snows"

"When is rains it pours" is like saying "when he blocks he sucks" it explains how it is raining. When he says the same thing he sounds stupid.

Demonpenz
11-29-2005, 10:57 AM
I don't know I get what he means. I would take madden over the ass dueche's we had on sunday. "Well i guess you do well when you put in mike cloud when it starts raining"

cadmonkey
11-29-2005, 10:57 AM
:shrug:

I don't know if it's true, but it makes sense to me. To me, he's saying James is a hit or miss guy -- he either wipes out a defender or he whiffs completely. There's no "getting a hand on him to throw him a bit offstride."

He didn't say that he is either good or bad. He just said when he makes a good block it's good, and when he makes a bad block its bad. He never mentioned the so-so blocks he makes.

cadmonkey
11-29-2005, 10:58 AM
"Well i guess you do well when you put in mike cloud when it starts raining"

ROFL that is pretty funny!

God I hate moron announcers :banghead:

royr17
11-29-2005, 11:01 AM
I'd actually take Cross over Madden any day.

Mr. Rat Fink
11-29-2005, 11:02 AM
When John Madden makes a stupid quote, its a really stupid quote.

Rain Man
11-29-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm very, very embarrassed to say this, but the last couple of times Madden has announced, he hasn't been bad. (Note that I didn't see last night's game.)

I think I need to go wash my hands now. I feel dirty typing that.

cadmonkey
11-29-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm very, very embarrassed to say this, but the last couple of times Madden has announced, he hasn't been bad. (Note that I didn't see last night's game.)

I think I need to go wash my hands now. I feel dirty typing that.

Have you been drinking durring the past few madden games?

Demonpenz
11-29-2005, 11:05 AM
i am starting to get pissed at mitch hothus. He said "take it to the hizzi" the other day.

htismaqe
11-29-2005, 11:09 AM
i am starting to get pissed at mitch hothus. He said "take it to the hizzi" the other day.

After to listening to Mitch weekly on Des Moines radio and listening to him talk about Pappajohn's pizza, Earlham HS football, and the fact that Drake basketball coach Tom Davis is the drummer in his garage band, it's hard for me to take him seriously...

Hammock Parties
11-29-2005, 11:10 AM
After to listening to Mitch weekly on Des Moines radio and listening to him talk about Pappajohn's pizza, Earlham HS football, and the fact that Drake basketball coach Tom Davis is the drummer in his garage band, it's hard for me to take him seriously...

No updates from Mitch lately?

htismaqe
11-29-2005, 11:12 AM
No updates from Mitch lately?

I can't listen to it anymore. During the season there's not nearly as much gossip, so his 15-minute segment has become 100% rambling about bullshit.

siberian khatru
11-29-2005, 11:14 AM
He didn't say that he is either good or bad. He just said when he makes a good block it's good, and when he makes a bad block its bad. He never mentioned the so-so blocks he makes.

According to your thread-starter quote, he said when it's good it's "really" good, and when it's bad it's "really" bad. Which to me sets up two extremes. He's like the little girl with the curl.

But if you want to hate on Madden, go ahead. I've just heard him say a lot more obviously stupid things than that.

chasedude
11-29-2005, 11:16 AM
Frankly I'd rather turn off the sound and kick up some tunes and watch the game. I can't stand to listen to any of them. They're nothing but hipocrites who will say anything they can to make them look smarter!

cadmonkey
11-29-2005, 11:22 AM
According to your thread-starter quote, he said when it's good it's "really" good, and when it's bad it's "really" bad. Which to me sets up two extremes. He's like the little girl with the curl.

But if you want to hate on Madden, go ahead. I've just heard him say a lot more obviously stupid things than that.

You're right he has said some really dumb things, worse than this.

Rain Man
11-29-2005, 11:22 AM
Have you been drinking durring the past few madden games?

No, but I've been spinning around and around really fast for long periods of time.

JohninGpt
11-29-2005, 11:26 AM
You're right he has said some really dumb things, worse than this.
I'd rather here last nights quotes than hear him talk about cankles and buttsweat again.

morphius
11-29-2005, 11:33 AM
I always loved when he would use his little marker to show what was going on in the play and how such and such lineman did a great job, and he always seemed to pick the lineman who had the least to do with the play succeeding. Hell, my wife even begs for him to shut up and she doesn't care for football.