PDA

View Full Version : Putting the Jets' season into perspective.

Rain Man
11-29-2005, 10:55 AM
Imagine this scenario:

1. Trent Green (Pennington) goes down with an injury in Game 3.

2. Todd Collins (Fiedler) comes in and gets hurt in the same game.

3. Damon Huard (Bollinger) starts Game 4 and doesn't play well.

4. We sign Elvis Grbac (or Gannon, if you prefer) (Testaverde) to start Games 5 through 8. He gets hurt in Game 8.

5. Damon Huard comes back to start Game 9.

6. Grbac starts Game 10, but gets injured. Huard relieves him, but gets injured. In comes James Kilian (Kingsbury).

7. In Game 11, Huard is back.

I personally couldn't care less about the Jets, but this has to be the worst quarterbacking situation ever.

cadmonkey
11-29-2005, 11:00 AM
:deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

Who cares, the real thing they need to worry about is the fact they have Herm Edwards as thier head coach.

htismaqe
11-29-2005, 11:02 AM
:deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

Who cares, the real thing they need to worry about is the fact they have Herm Edwards as thier head coach.

They don't need to worry.

This season is already over and next season he'll be coaching the Kansas City Chiefs...

Demonpenz
11-29-2005, 11:06 AM
atleast grbac was a pro bowler

cadmonkey
11-29-2005, 11:07 AM
They don't need to worry.

This season is already over and next season he'll be coaching the Kansas City Chiefs...

Well then let me extend my deepest sympothies to you and the rest of Chiefs nation because if that happens the only post season play any of your players will see is the pro bowl.

jettio
11-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Well then let me extend my deepest sympothies to you and the rest of Chiefs nation because if that happens the only post season play any of your players will see is the pro bowl.

Herm Edwards has a couple of playoff victories with the Jets, and three playoff teams in four years.

The 2002 team was 1-4 and 2-5, and he ended up guiding that team to the AFC East title and a blowout victory over the Colts in the playoffs.

Those are good results.

cadmonkey
11-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Herm Edwards has a couple of playoff victories with the Jets, and three playoff teams in four years.

The 2002 team was 1-4 and 2-5, and he ended up guiding that team to the AFC East title and a blowout victory over the Colts in the playoffs.

Those are good results.

He really isn't a good coach when all is said and done. I hate him.

funk monkey
11-29-2005, 12:19 PM
sucks for them...its not happening to us and thats all that matters...f*ck those new yorkers

greg63
11-29-2005, 12:27 PM

Man, I didn't know that. He was a back-up in the Pro Bowl too?

Calcountry
11-29-2005, 12:44 PM
Imagine this scenario:

1. Trent Green (Pennington) goes down with an injury in Game 3.

2. Todd Collins (Fiedler) comes in and gets hurt in the same game.

3. Damon Huard (Bollinger) starts Game 4 and doesn't play well.

4. We sign Elvis Grbac (or Gannon, if you prefer) (Testaverde) to start Games 5 through 8. He gets hurt in Game 8.

5. Damon Huard comes back to start Game 9.

6. Grbac starts Game 10, but gets injured. Huard relieves him, but gets injured. In comes James Kilian (Kingsbury).

7. In Game 11, Huard is back.

I personally couldn't care less about the Jets, but this has to be the worst quarterbacking situation ever.What does that say about their offensive line?

Calcountry
11-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Well then let me extend my deepest sympothies to you and the rest of Chiefs nation because if that happens the only post season play any of your players will see is the pro bowl.Be careful, Whitlock will call you a racist. Oh yeah, he was swinging on the other side of the fence this week.

Calcountry
11-29-2005, 12:46 PM
sucks for them...its not happening to us and thats all that matters...f*ck those new yorkersThey care more about baseball and Hockey anyway.

Hydrae
11-29-2005, 01:15 PM
They commented during the game that this is the third time in franchise history that they had to use 5 different starters at QB in a season.

cadmonkey
11-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Be careful, Whitlock will call you a racist. Oh yeah, he was swinging on the other side of the fence this week.

I've been called worse.

Fire Me Boy!
And he would have been better if he could have thrown it AND caught it, too! The bastards just wouldn't let him be an eligible receiver. :banghead:

Rain Man
Wow, that's interesting, hydrae. I figured that was exceedingly rare in the league, much less one franchise.

Hydrae
11-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Wow, that's interesting, hydrae. I figured that was exceedingly rare in the league, much less one franchise.

Yeah the announcers sounded pretty amazed as well. It was like 1964 and 1986 or something when it happened before. It would be interesting to see how often it has happened league wide.