CHIEFSFAN_NY
11-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Larry Johnson's assault case continued again

http://www.kentucky.com/images/common/spacer.gif
DAVID TWIDDY
Associated Press
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - For the second time, the assault case against Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson has been delayed.

Kansas City Municipal Court Judge Leonard Hughes III on Tuesday continued the case to Feb. 7 over the objections of Johnson's attorneys, who said they were ready to try the case.

"This thing has taken on a life of its own," Johnson's attorney, Kevin Regan, said outside the courthouse. "This thing is kind of concerning. How would you like 20 (reporters) chasing you down the street for something you didn't do?"

The assault charge stems from a Sept. 10 altercation with an Overland Park, Kan., woman in a Kansas City bar. The woman, who says she had been involved with Johnson for more than two years, told police he shoved her.

The city asked for a continuance, and Hughes, as he did on Sept. 20, agreed to postpone the case. Hughes told Regan each side can typically ask for a limited number of continuances.
Regan said he has five witnesses ready to testify that Johnson "never touched that woman."

The case is being watched by Johnson County, Kan., prosecutors, who could reinstate a 2003 charge accusing Johnson of slapping a woman in his Leawood home and threatening her with a gun. Johnson agreed to enter a domestic-violence diversion program to avoid prosecution. As part of the deal, he was ordered to stay out of legal trouble for two years.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/sports/13284033.htm

vailpass
11-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Maybe LJ and Dalton can go to court on the same day so as to save gas. Warfield could give them a ride, he probably knows a short cut.

funk monkey
11-29-2005, 12:17 PM
haha thats good, but i never heard of this case against LJ...Am i living under a rock or something??

vailpass
11-29-2005, 12:24 PM
haha thats good, but i never heard of this case against LJ...Am i living under a rock or something??

Apparently this subject is taboo on your board. A month or two ago Leon was in a bar with his new bitch when Leon spotted his ex-bitch across the room.
What else could Leon do but send the ex-bitch a text message? A confrontation ensued in which ex-bitch claims Leon squeezed her arm or some such thing. Leon says "dat bitch lyin".
Seems like ex-bitch has a weak case especially against Leon's high $$ mouthpieces. Trial still to come.

dirk digler
11-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Maybe LJ and Dalton can go to court on the same day so as to save gas. Warfield could give them a ride, he probably knows a short cut.

ROFL

ROFL

ferrarispider95
11-29-2005, 12:41 PM
if the glove don't fit, you must acquit.

chiefqueen
11-29-2005, 12:45 PM

The may not go to court on the same day but will more than likely be suspended for Wk 1 of the 2006 season. (Tags usually hands down a 1-week suspension for domestic violence convictions). Better hope we open with the Browns, 49ers, or Cards.

Sybil
11-29-2005, 12:46 PM
The may not go to court on the same day but will more than likely be suspended for Wk 1 of the 2006 season. (Tags usually hands down a 1-week suspension for domestic violence convictions). Better hope we open with the Browns, 49ers, or Cards.

From what I've read about the case, he won't be convicted. She's looking for some money.

vailpass
11-29-2005, 12:59 PM
From what I've read about the case, he won't be convicted. She's looking for some money.

I aint sayin she's a gold digga
But she aint messin wit no broke niga

Fire Me Boy!
11-29-2005, 01:03 PM
if the glove don't fit, you must acquit.
Ah, the famous Chewbacca defense.

"This is Chewbacca, Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now, think about that. That does not make sense! Why would a Wookiee - an eight foot tall Wookiee - want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! What does that have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! None of this makes sense. If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests."

http://home.comcast.net/~ketubah/tonermishap/cartoons/chewbacca-defense.jpg

Sybil
11-29-2005, 01:31 PM
I aint sayin she's a gold digga
But she aint messin wit no broke niga

Yup. Only question is whether she's a skank, or a ho. Either way she's the type that gives other women a bad name.

Lzen
11-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Ah, the famous Chewbacca defense.

"This is Chewbacca, Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now, think about that. That does not make sense! Why would a Wookiee - an eight foot tall Wookiee - want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! What does that have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! None of this makes sense. If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests."

http://home.comcast.net/~ketubah/tonermishap/cartoons/chewbacca-defense.jpg

ROFL WTF??

unlurking
11-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Apparently this subject is taboo on your board. A month or two ago Leon was in a bar with his new bitch when Leon spotted his ex-bitch across the room.
What else could Leon do but send the ex-bitch a text message? A confrontation ensued in which ex-bitch claims Leon squeezed her arm or some such thing. Leon says "dat bitch lyin".
Seems like ex-bitch has a weak case especially against Leon's high $$ mouthpieces. Trial still to come.
Don't forget the part where the woman then recanted on her story, THE NEXT DAY, to the police.

Guess the KC stars can't be as cool as the guys that send their doctors and wives up the river providing them with speed.

vailpass
11-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Don't forget the part where the woman then recanted on her story, THE NEXT DAY, to the police.

Guess the KC stars can't be as cool as the guys that send their doctors and wives up the river providing them with speed.

Oh don't sell yourself short. Endangering the lives of other drivers and pedestrians during a 3-time DUI spree is every bit as cool as getting an illegal prescription. Absolutely.

FWIW I don't think Leon did anything criminal this time around. Outlandishly stupid considering Leon is currently under a suspended sentence, yes. Criminal, no.

Donger
11-29-2005, 02:19 PM
I hate lawyers.

Why do they call it a "continuance" when it's just another f*cking delay?

vailpass
11-29-2005, 02:21 PM
I hate lawyers.

Why do they call it a "continuance" when it's just another f*cking delay?

The city either has something they want to develop further or they have jack squat and want more time to find something, I don't know. Somebody in the Prosecutor's office is looking to make a name for themselves by trying a high-profile citizen.