PDA

View Full Version : Has the Broncos passed the Raiders as our most hated rival?

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2005, 11:11 PM
I know this comes up everytime we play. Or is it more of a generational thing? Thoughts.

:Broncos: nlm gannon

Saulbadguy
11-29-2005, 11:14 PM
no.

Dunit35
11-29-2005, 11:15 PM
nope no way.

cdcox
11-29-2005, 11:16 PM
I watched Ben Davidson spear Len Dawson, live.

The last time I felt this level of intensity against the Raiders it involved Chuckie dancing around Arrowhead like a little girl. I vaugely recall a sleeveless kicker and smelling salts being involved.

Put me down in the hated rival = Broncos column, for now.

tk13
11-29-2005, 11:17 PM
Eh I hate them both. I think you just get more geared up depending on how good each team is. Beating the 9-2 Broncos is more fun than beating the 3-5 Raiders. Losing to either sucks though... watching Gruden run across our field screaming in 99 probably sucked more than the Colts playoff game in '03.

Saulbadguy
11-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Yes, lately it has taken some twist and turns, but I think the Raiders should always be the #1 rival.

Beating them 6 times in a row kind of makes the rivalry lose some of its luster...

HemiEd
11-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Yes, lately it has taken some twist and turns, but I think the Raiders should always be the #1 rival.

Beating them 6 times in a row kind of makes the rivalry lose some of its luster...

I would still enjoy it if it was 60 times in a row, hope they never win another game. Broncos are barely above the Chargers IMO, second class.

KCChiefsMan
11-29-2005, 11:26 PM
*white trash voice* not no.....but HELL NO *end white trash voice*

JOhn
11-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Raiders have always been the team I hated the most in our division. But seeing as I live in rabid Bronco territory it does make it very tempting to hate them the most.

I guess in a few more years I will succumb to the hatred of the Bronco's and they will top the list. But for now the Raiders will continue to hold that "honor" (now thats a word that is never mentioned when speaking of the Raiders, Honor ROFL).

elvomito
11-29-2005, 11:30 PM
the raiders are a rival, a nemesis
the broncos are like that dog shit you step in and have to pick it off the bottom of your shoe with a twig before you use the water hose to clean it off. the whole time you're thinkin "man i hate this shit." the same can be said for the denver broncos

CoMoChief
11-29-2005, 11:30 PM
I dunno, I kinda started to hate Denver more so after that game Shannon Sharpe and Derrick Thomas commited something like 10 foul penalties in one drive. I'm only 22 so I can see why some of the older Chiefs fans hate the Raiders more becuase of the more history that is there. But as far as recent history goes I think dating back 10-15 years the Broncos have been the most hatred rival (in my point of view at least) I hated John Elway more than any other player during his era.

Raiderhater
11-29-2005, 11:31 PM

Agreed. It is what is right, it is what should be. We are natural enemies. There is a history there, a bloody one, that cannot be erased.

Uh, no it doesn't. :D Seriously though, if we were blowing them out every time I could understand that line of thinking, but every time we play it's dog fight to the end. You can just see the intensity on the field, even though the brawls seem to be non-existen these days, you can still see it. These two teams, game after game, bring out the best and the worst in each other in performance.

All of that being said, I decided tonight that from a purely fan base POV, I now despise donk fans more than raider fans. The whole package, team, city, fan base, ect. it's still chokeland all the way. But looking purely at the fans, I really hate those arrogant and obnoxious donky dick suckers.

cdcox
11-29-2005, 11:32 PM
All I know ie that same feeling I used to get in the pit of my stomache when I thought about playing the Raiders is now the feeling I get during Donk week.

dtebbe
11-29-2005, 11:33 PM
I hate them equally, but it's always more fun to poke the one thats harder to poke, if you know what I mean.

DT

JOhn
11-29-2005, 11:33 PM
the raiders are a rival, a nemesis
the broncos are like that dog shit you step in and have to pick it off the bottom of your shoe with a twig before you use the water hose to clean it off. the whole time you're thinkin "man i hate this shit." the same can be said for the denver broncos
That's a very nice analogy. :thumb:

DaFace
11-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Eh I hate them both. I think you just get more geared up depending on how good each team is. Beating the 9-2 Broncos is more fun than beating the 3-5 Raiders.

I'd have to agree with this. I have to say that the Raiders will always be enemy #1 in my book, but I hate whoever's doing the best in any given year. I would love to see the Donks get slaughtered for the rest of this season, but I don't really care what the Raiders do at this point (although I'll never get sick of seeing them all sulk after they lose). The roles would be reversed if Oakland was in the driver's seat.

philfree
11-30-2005, 12:03 AM
Besides a 3 year span we have owned the Raiders since 1989. The Donks on the other hand have been our real nemesis through those same years. IMO the Donks have become our more hated rival and will be until the Raiders can sustain any real threat to beat the Chiefs year in and year out. For some reason I don't see that happening any time soon. With that in mind and Frazod as a backup singer I sing my song of "Die Donkeys Die!" I hope you guys eat shit and die.....Die Donkeys Die!

PhilFree:arrow:

Nightwish
11-30-2005, 12:06 AM
Probably not from their end! ROFL

QuikSsurfer
11-30-2005, 12:38 AM
Eh I hate them both. I think you just get more geared up depending on how good each team is. Beating the 9-2 Broncos is more fun than beating the 3-5 Raiders. Losing to either sucks though... watching Gruden run across our field screaming in 99 probably sucked more than the Colts playoff game in '03.

i hated the feeling that game left me with. The Gruden clown dance.

greg63
11-30-2005, 01:37 AM
To me our most hated rival is whoever dares to step out on the same field we do.

Lbedrock1
11-30-2005, 06:42 AM
The Raiders are the rival. I hate the Raiders more so because of thier fans. They think everyone wants to be a Raider. The Broncos are winning right now so they are talking so you think you hate them more. Soon the glory will end for them and we will be back talking about the true rival Chiefs vs Raiders. Denver acts like they have the true rival with them but they don't. We will soon see and know that they are just a speedbump and not a hill.

Gaz
11-30-2005, 06:53 AM
Oakland used to be the dirty team in the AFC West. Now they are just pitiful. The “intimidation” attempted by the fans is just sad, man.

Now, the dirty team is Denver. Salary cap violations, Saint Bowlen, blatantly lubricated jerseys, explicit chop-blocking scheme.

Denver, hands down.

xoxo~
Gaz
Trying to work up some dislike for San Diego, but coming up empty.

milkman
11-30-2005, 07:06 AM
I think it probably is a generaional thing.

For me, it is, and always will be, Raiders.

Mile High Mania
11-30-2005, 07:11 AM
From my perspective, I like the Den/Oak and Den/KC rivalries pretty equally. It always makes the series between the winning teams in a given season more exciting, like this year I have no excitement about the upcoming Raiduh game.

jspchief
11-30-2005, 07:27 AM
Besides a 3 year span we have owned the Raiders since 1989. The Donks on the other hand have been our real nemesis through those same years. IMO the Donks have become our more hated rival and will be until the Raiders can sustain any real threat to beat the Chiefs year in and year out. For some reason I don't see that happening any time soon. With that in mind and Frazod as a backup singer I sing my song of "Die Donkeys Die!" I hope you guys eat shit and die.....Die Donkeys Die!

PhilFree:arrow:Agree. I just can't feel the same hate for a team that we have owned for the better part of the last two decades, over one that has been our biggest divisional competition over the same span.

The stuff that started the Raiders rivalry happened before I was alive. I still love to beat up on them, but it's like beating up a retard. Not much challenge.

The Broncos on the other hand have been a major thorn in our ass. Besides the Elway comebacks, there's the home play-off loss, the Shannon Sharpe game, the Portis wrestling belt ass-kicking, etc. They are the team that most often crate a hurdle in our division.

F*ck the Broncos! I hope Plummer suffocates on Shanahan's cock the night before the game.

Red Dawg
11-30-2005, 07:32 AM
I hate Denver more that the Raiders.

Kerberos
11-30-2005, 07:36 AM
From my perspective, I like the Den/Oak and Den/KC rivalries pretty equally. It always makes the series between the winning teams in a given season more exciting, like this year I have no excitement about the upcoming Raiduhs game.

You should always be excited to kick a failing team while they are DOWN. But if I am not mistaken the Raiduhs are one of the FEW teams that can actually WIN in Denver whether it was PileHigh or IncestoField.

Or at least in the past 5 years they have won there at least once that I can remember?

Nzoner
11-30-2005, 07:36 AM
Agree. I just can't feel the same hate for a team that we have owned for the better part of the last two decades, over one that has been our biggest divisional competition over the same span.

The stuff that started the Raiders rivalry happened before I was alive. I still love to beat up on them, but it's like beating up a retard. Not much challenge.

The Broncos on the other hand have been a major thorn in our ass. Besides the Elway comebacks, there's the home play-off loss, the Shannon Sharpe game, the Portis wrestling belt ass-kicking, etc. They are the team that most often crate a hurdle in our division.

F*ck the Broncos! I hope Plummer suffocates on Shanahan's cock the night before the game.

If your mrs is even half the fan we are towards her team I can only imagine what it must be like in your home on weeks like this.

Warrior5
11-30-2005, 07:37 AM
"Have the Donks passed the Raiders as our most hated rival?"

For me, yes, about 12 years ago.

Unequivocally, absolutely, definitely yes.

jspchief
11-30-2005, 07:40 AM
If your mrs is even half the fan we are towards her team I can only imagine what it must be like in your home on weeks like this.To top things off, I think it must be that time of the month this week. If things keep up at the pace they are going, we won't make it to the game.

Dartgod
11-30-2005, 07:41 AM
I will always see the Raiders as our most hated rival, in general. For me personally, though, I hate the Broncos much more than the Raiders and have for some time now.

Nzoner
11-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Raiders are most hated for me,but it's close enough that I would have to label them 1A and 1B

AlWilsonizKING
11-30-2005, 07:52 AM
Being a BRONCOS fan I have always seen the Raiders as our biggest rival. However, in the past 5-10 seasons, the BRONCOS and Chefs have played some really close fought games and the Chefs have really been our biggest rival. Each season you never know how well the "Gay-Turds" or the "Dolts" will do in the AFC West....but you always know the BRONCOS and the Chefs will be close to the top.

Just my .02.....

PEACE!!!

Extra Point
11-30-2005, 08:08 AM
I'm an equal opportunity a$$hole. I hate every team in our division almost equally, but I have a dark corner of my mind that makes me hate Denver the most. I do root for our division post season, if we don't make it. I have a very twisted mind.

Mile High Mania
11-30-2005, 08:12 AM
You should always be excited to kick a failing team while they are DOWN. But if I am not mistaken the Raiduhs are one of the FEW teams that can actually WIN in Denver whether it was PileHigh or IncestoField.

Or at least in the past 5 years they have won there at least once that I can remember?

Shanahan has a great record vs Oakland, they did defeat Denver in Denver last year though.

Dartgod
11-30-2005, 08:26 AM
I wonder how Frazod will vote on this? :hmmm:

dirk digler
11-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Agree. I just can't feel the same hate for a team that we have owned for the better part of the last two decades, over one that has been our biggest divisional competition over the same span.

Exactly how I feel. I loathe and despise the Donkeys and their fans with a passion except for a handful of fans, MHM, Garcia, valipass and even TJ.

IMO they are our biggest rival and I am starting to think the players feel that way as well. I notice DV doesn't get too excited to play the Raiders like Marty use too but he gets fired up to play the Donkeys.

jidar
11-30-2005, 08:28 AM
No!
The Raiders deserve a hatred that was instilled by our incestors in days of yore.
Hate the Broncos, but the Raiders are the worst, and should be hated the most.

ct
11-30-2005, 08:38 AM
not for me

Lzen
11-30-2005, 08:40 AM
I dunno. In the not too distant past, I would've said the Raiduhs. Marty S. had us despising them more than Satan himself. But between all the Donkey's dirty tactics and us owning Chokeland, it's gotta be just a little more hatred for the Donks these days.

milkman
11-30-2005, 09:15 AM
No!
The Raiders deserve a hatred that was instilled by our incestors in days of yore.
Hate the Broncos, but the Raiders are the worst, and should be hated the most.

Incestors?

You're from Arkansas, aren't you?

morphius
11-30-2005, 09:18 AM
Its hard for me to pick, I hate them both. Which one I hate more probably depends on their record and who we are playing next.

StcChief
11-30-2005, 09:19 AM
1 - Raiders too many years of rivalry.
Even though they are down now.

2 - Donxs The could surpass Faiders over time....

milkman
I dunno. In the not too distant past, I would've said the Raiduhs. Marty S. had us despising them more than Satan himself. But between all the Donkey's dirty tactics and us owning Chokeland, it's gotta be just a little more hatred for the Donks these days.

Marty just fanned the flames.

Chiefs-Raiders hatred starts at the very top, between Lamar and Al Davis.

That's what makes the rivalry between the Chiefs and Raiders among the best.

In other rivalries, there is at the least, a grudging respect between the organizations.

There is none of that in these front offices.

Katipan
I personally hate the Broncos more than the Raiders. But in an industry or bar environment... I'll take a gangbang by the entire Denver Dline over 2 Raiders fans.

morphius
11-30-2005, 09:24 AM
I personally hate the Broncos more than the Raiders. But in an industry or bar environment... I'll take a gangbang by the entire Denver Dline over 2 Raiders fans.
This explains why Endelt likes to go to bars with you.

AlWilsonizKING
11-30-2005, 09:27 AM

Damn I gotta go to some of the bars out in K.C. :hump:

PEACE!!!

Katipan
11-30-2005, 09:42 AM
Exaggeration, horny toads. I'd only take it from the special teams unit.

morphius
11-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Exaggeration, horny toads. I'd only take it from the special teams unit.
gochiefs has short bus special unit written all over him...

Katipan
11-30-2005, 09:44 AM
gochiefs has short bus special unit written all over him...

As soon as I grow some facial hair, I'm in.

morphius
11-30-2005, 09:48 AM
As soon as I grow some facial hair, I'm in.
So, gochiefs has a chance when you turn 45 or so?

Katipan
11-30-2005, 09:50 AM
So, gochiefs has a chance when you turn 45 or so?

Have you really ever seen a 45 year old Flip with hair anywhere but her head and box?

Iowanian
11-30-2005, 09:52 AM
They completely leapfrogged the raiders in my book.
A fan base of bigger jackasses does not exist.

I wish the most unpleasant of social diseases on every one of those fornicators of the beast of burden.

htismaqe
11-30-2005, 10:17 AM
Rivalries have one element that they absolutely require:

Competiveness

In order for it to be a real rivalary, each team has to have the doubt in the back of their mind that their rival could beat them.

For that reason alone, the Broncos are our biggest rival. Our dominance of the Raiders over the last 15 years has diminished that rivalry tremendously.

ck_IN
11-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Hell no!

I dislike the Broncos. I despise the Raiders.

They are the spawn of Satan. A cloud of pestilence hangs over Oakland. I'm reasonably sure that Al is on a sex offenders list somewhere. Minor demons air up the footballs they use and shine their helmets. The Raiders are evil and must be eliminated at all costs.

Denver by comparison is just an annoyance. Especially now that Horseface is gone.

Wichita Lineman
11-30-2005, 11:06 AM
I understand those who hate the raiders so did I when I first became a fan back in the late 60's. But I've got to tell anyone who will listen that these days my favorite two football teams are Kansas City and anyone that beats Denver. I hate them,I hate them,thier coach their owner,and anyone who is associated with them. We should beat on them,stomp them,kick them and just generally leave them a puddle of horse s***.

WilliamTheIrish
11-30-2005, 11:19 AM
I hope Plummer suffocates on Shanahan's cock the night before the game

Much like his inability to read the eitire field, Jake has only to take half the dick to choke.

David.
11-30-2005, 11:20 AM
i hate the raiders more than the broncos.

But i hate bronco fans more than anything...ever.

milkman
11-30-2005, 11:26 AM
Rivalries have one element that they absolutely require:

Competiveness

In order for it to be a real rivalary, each team has to have the doubt in the back of their mind that their rival could beat them.

For that reason alone, the Broncos are our biggest rival. Our dominance of the Raiders over the last 15 years has diminished that rivalry tremendously.

I think that is true in most cases, but the Raiders-Chiefs rivalry is borne on an organizational level, unlike most rivalries.

Most rivalries are competitive, on field aspects of 2 teams that respect each other's organizations.

This is a Lamar-Al hate thing.

Katipan
11-30-2005, 06:50 PM
Sometimes, if I ask nicely, she'll give me a handjob while the bartenders run a train on her to pay for our tab.

Now they know you're lying.

When do you ask nicely for anything?

angryllama
11-30-2005, 06:52 PM
I think that KC is irrelevant. Denver is the class of the AFC.

elvomito
11-30-2005, 07:01 PM
...Denver is the ass of the AFC.fixed your post for you

Extra Point
11-30-2005, 07:01 PM
"I think that KC is irrelevant. Denver is the class of the AFC."
Yeah, the class of '69. I remember back in Nov, 80, I was in Denver. There was a guy at a bar who bet another guy $100 straight up that Denver's opponent would score a TD before the end of the game. There were ~40 seconds left in the game. Sure enough, it happened.

That was the Denver I knew, and I know that is the Denver that will "live" again. I hope Plummer does that bootleg thing, and I hope that Jared Allen will tear the f#ck out his ACL.

Skip Towne
11-30-2005, 07:07 PM
I watched Ben Davidson spear Len Dawson, live.

The last time I felt this level of intensity against the Raiders it involved Chuckie dancing around Arrowhead like a little girl. I vaugely recall a sleeveless kicker and smelling salts being involved.

Put me down in the hated rival = Broncos column, for now.
Hey, seedy, were you 3 years old when you watched the Davidson spearing?

Skip Towne
11-30-2005, 07:18 PM
Incestors?

You're from Arkansas, aren't you?
Hey, Herzig, are you going to let him get away with this?

Calcountry
11-30-2005, 07:23 PM

Beating them 6 times in a row kind of makes the rivalry lose some of its luster...Trust me, it only makes the anger worse for the Raiders fans. heheh .

Sure-Oz
11-30-2005, 07:24 PM
They are my most hated rival, cause the raiders pretty much suck all the time now.

cdcox
11-30-2005, 07:28 PM
Hey, seedy, were you 3 years old when you watched the Davidson spearing?

Probably around 10.

Skip Towne
11-30-2005, 07:34 PM
They completely leapfrogged the raiders in my book.
A fan base of bigger jackasses does not exist.

I wish the most unpleasant of social diseases on every one of those fornicators of the beast of burden.
I thought it was just me but I've always thought Donkey fans were abnormally stupid. I went to the Mange today when the Planet was down and I didn't make t through one thread. Just one post after another about mullets. They have no imagination and even less sense. A total circle jerk.

gcbroncos
11-30-2005, 09:04 PM
as a bronco fan....the raiders are still the team i despise most

i enjoy rooting against the chiefs too..but chiefs/bronco isn't quite up there with raiders/bronco....but it's getting there.....

HIChief
11-30-2005, 11:20 PM
I was just thinking the same thoughts as I was coming out of the shower--how utterly visceral my disdane for the Donkeys is. For some reason, I don't have the same feelings towards the pathetic Raiders this year. Looking at all the drivers who have Raider Nation bumper stickers on their cars makes me laugh--how utterly foolish they must feel.

ON SUNDAY the Chiefs need to give the performance of a lifetime. They should leave utter destruction in their wake. The Defense must play insane. Special Teams, insane. Decimation of the Denver team is requisite--no less than three players knocked out of the game. Larry Johnson, insane. Trent Green, cool and grooved to where nothing can shake him--zoned, totally zoned. If they do, the momentum generated will carry them through the remainder of the schedule, winning-out. Denver will drop two more in thier demoralized humility. We win the division, and perhaps a home game to open our playoff run. Any Chiefs reading this, Boomer? Dante? T-Rich? INFECT your locker room with rabid insane bloodthirst!

angryllama
11-30-2005, 11:31 PM
Denver has consistently been the best of the AFC West and arguably the AFC since Elway entered the NFL.

HIChief
11-30-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry, I can't help myself. GUNTHER! Where's that DVD of Braveheart!Break it out Coach! Chiefs, prepare for WAR!