PDA

View Full Version : LJ LJ LJ

c13zephyr
11-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Hmm... where to start.

Well, LJ sure runs nice. He runs "angry" as everyone likes to say. Now I am hearing that if he finishes all angry and proud that he will want a new contract and likely hold-out. Do you give him a new contract, Trade him or let him hold and hope Priest is all good?

Well Priest has beaten the odds before and now that he has a "reason" to prove himself again (after breaking records and coming back from his hip) I say put money back on Priest and trade Johnson. We could trade LJ for a top tier OL and probably even a 1st or 2nd round pick, of which we could then turn around and package in a draft day trade to get Bush out of USC. What do y'all think?

LJ runs well when angry and Priest runs well when he has a "reason".
Cancer or Inspiration?

beer bacon
11-29-2005, 11:50 PM
LJ is Terrel Owens Version 2.0!! All that angry running is going to get people agitated :mad:

We need a RB that runs happy.

Dunit35
Keep LJ no matter what. Unless he becomes T.O.

|Zach|
I think you are basing way to many of your opinions on things that are less about real football and more about things announcers like to say.

Why the hell would we give up LJ? Your talk of hold out is 100% speculation.

SLAG
11-29-2005, 11:51 PM
LJ is Terrel Owens Version 2.0!! All that angry running is going to get people agitated :mad:

We need a RB that runs happy.

:hmmm:
No Sir ......... I dont Like It.

I really Enjoy LJ'S Running Style and I hope He stays With KC for quite Sometime

c13zephyr
11-29-2005, 11:52 PM
I just don't get these players like T.O. and L.J. maybe it is players that go by initials. I don't know. I guess someone will pay them reguardless. Sell the teams sole to the devil for a Super Bowl appearance. Look at Philly now. It will become known as the curse of T.O.

Look out cubbies you have a friend.

beer bacon
11-29-2005, 11:53 PM
I just don't get these players like T.O. and L.J. maybe it is players that go by initials. I don't know. I guess someone will pay them reguardless. Sell the teams sole to the devil for a Super Bowl appearance. Look at Philly now. It will become known as the curse of T.O.

I heard LJ eats puppies. Discuss.

c13zephyr
11-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Yeah my talk of hold-out is on speculation. Speculation that he finishes well.

He did just hire a new agent... did you know that? What does that tell you? I'm sure it isn't because his old one crapped on his lawn during his last visit.

listopencil
11-29-2005, 11:54 PM
I just don't get these players like T.O. and L.J.

Players like TO and LJ? Wow. Are you a Chief fan?

|Zach|
11-29-2005, 11:56 PM

Look out cubbies you have a friend.I think you are a fool to equate the two. Thats just me though. But trade LJ for another fine young superstart who according to you will prob hold later because he is going to run well too.

Lets not even keep a hold of good players. They will want big contracts. Lets have them play shitty and save money.

c13zephyr
11-29-2005, 11:57 PM
<i>
Players like TO and LJ? Wow. Are you a Chief fan?</i>

Yes.

Are you a Broncos basketball fan or something?

SLAG
11-29-2005, 11:57 PM
I think you are a fool to equate the two. Thats just me though. But trade LJ for another fine young superstart who according to you will prob hold later because he is going to run well too.

Lets not even keep a hold of good players. They will want big contracts. Lets have them play shitty and save money.

Hey Now...
I didnt Know you Knew Glass

listopencil
11-29-2005, 11:58 PM
Players like TO and LJ? Wow. Are you a Chief fan?

Yes.

Are you a Broncos basketball fan or something?

You don't know who the Denver Broncos are? Oh, I see. You're a ****ing moron. Never mind. Prattle on.

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 12:00 AM
<i>I think you are a fool to equate the two. Thats just me though. But trade LJ for another fine young superstart who according to you will prob hold later because he is going to run well too.

Lets not even keep a hold of good players. They will want big contracts. Lets have them play shitty and save money.</i>

First off you use the word "fool" rather loosely. Secondly have you not watched sports over the last 10 years? Haven't you seen this scenario play out over and over and over? Just watch, if he finishes the season with 1400 yards and a pro-bowl appearance he'll hold out, unless Peterson pays him big $$$. Which we know Carl and his ego won't do so easily.

|Zach|
11-30-2005, 12:01 AM
I think you are a fool to equate the two. Thats just me though. But trade LJ for another fine young superstart who according to you will prob hold later because he is going to run well too.

First off you use the word "fool" rather loosely. Secondly have you not watched sports over the last 10 years? Haven't you seen this scenario play out over and over and over? Just watch, if he finishes the season with 1400 yards and a pro-bowl appearance he'll hold out, unless Peterson pays him big $$$. Which we know Carl and his ego won't do so easily.Hey its cool, you would rather our running back and one of the best players on our team not suceed. Have fun with that.

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 12:02 AM
<i>
You don't know who the Denver Broncos are? Oh, I see. You're a ****ing moron. Never mind. Prattle on.</i>

Gee, nope I don't. I thought we were playing the Colorado Mustangs this week. Hmm... I'm not the one putting a Chiefs logo on a big ugly orange ball.

|Zach|
11-30-2005, 12:03 AM
You don't know who the Denver Broncos are? Oh, I see. You're a ****ing moron. Never mind. Prattle on.

Gee, nope I don't. I thought we were playing the Colorado Mustangs this week. Hmm... I'm not the one putting a Chiefs logo on a big ugly orange ball.That would be for the best. The Chiefs main color is red.

DaFace
11-30-2005, 12:04 AM
Am I the only one that thinks he'd be justified in holding out? I mean, he's making 1/4 of what Priest makes, but is putting up better numbers. I can't say I'd blame him for holding out.

DaFace
11-30-2005, 12:06 AM
P.S. Comparing LJ to TO is just plain retarded. Period.

Wa-Z
11-30-2005, 12:07 AM
He's obviously worth more than he is getting paid, why not pay him what other premier RBs are getting paid? That's all he will ask for if anything, we won't let him go, either pay him or Franchise him when the time comes.

listopencil
11-30-2005, 12:07 AM

Gee, nope I don't. I thought we were playing the Colorado Mustangs this week. Hmm... I'm not the one putting a Chiefs logo on a big ugly orange ball.

Wow. You just prove yoursel to be more ignorant with every post you make. In case you missed Zach's post, your team's color is red.

listopencil
11-30-2005, 12:08 AM

Yep. Only a ****ing moron would do that.

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 12:08 AM
Well, I guess in the sports world he can hold out and all is good... But I think contracts should be honored. That being said, no NFL contract is guarenteed. Tough argument there. So, let him hold good for him. Trade him before he creates a problem and revamp the OL. Your RB is only as good as your line anyway.

|Zach|
11-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Carl would NEVER let his ego redo a contract. That didn't happen what...2 years ago?

beer bacon
11-30-2005, 12:12 AM
Well, I guess in the sports world he can hold out and all is good... But I think contracts should be honored. That being said, no NFL contract is guarenteed. Tough argument there. So, let him hold good for him. Trade him before he creates a problem and revamp the OL. Your RB is only as good as your line anyway.

LJ has actually still been very good this year even when our line wasn't performing that well. That is one of the benefits of having a bruiser. He can often make his own yards.

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 12:15 AM
Carl redid Priest's contract because he is the golden child. Fans would have revolted... already half of KC doesn't like LJ. Carl has leverage there.

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 12:16 AM
LJ was good before our line got better. But since it has gotten better the last two weeks. He has gotten much better. You take away Shields after retirement and LJ can't run up the middle as well. The "bruiser" running up the middle has had a "shield" all year.

|Zach|
11-30-2005, 12:17 AM
Carl redid Priest's contract because he is the golden child. Fans would have revolted... already half of KC doesn't like LJ. Carl has leverage there.I think you overstate the dislike of LJ...

Aside from that if LJ keeps burning up the field like you thinks he will how much will KC like LJ and how much more leverage will that get him.

|Zach|
11-30-2005, 12:18 AM
LJ was good before our line got better. But since it has gotten better the last two weeks. He has gotten much better. You take away Shields after retirement and LJ can't run up the middle as well. The "bruiser" running up the middle has had a "shield" all year.Cool he has to have a great season behind a shitty line before he proves anything.

Ha.

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 12:20 AM
<b>listopencilitisly</b> or whatever your name is.

your have some serious typical bronco insecurity. first off i can't believe you really think i don't know who the orange crush are. secondly i don't understand the rediculous insecurity and hostility of donkey fans... i mean shoot you guys won 2 superbowls not too long ago. i guess it is because your beloved elway is gone and you won't ever win another one. sure your 10-2 this year, but do you seriously think jake the snake is going to take you past round 1? nope you'll be resembling the chiefs of the 90's with qb's like bono and grbac, going 13-3 and then busting.

meanwhile your rivals are getting stronger and playing better. getting ready to put a spear through those donkeys necks. so sad.

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 12:24 AM
for the record... i think L J is a fine runner. probably a great runner in the future, or perhaps the next jamal lewis. hmm... anyway, my point is this year looks to be a promising ending year and perhaps we jump up and bite some asses in the playoffs, maybe make it all the way who knows? but if we don't a lot of player like green and holmes are coming back next year for one more go. so why not trade lj for a top tier OL to replace shields and draft another stud RB?

Valiant
11-30-2005, 12:27 AM
He's obviously worth more than he is getting paid, why not pay him what other premier RBs are getting paid? That's all he will ask for if anything, we won't let him go, either pay him or Franchise him when the time comes.

The problem I have with this is, we will be paying for two starting RB's that means we will have to release Priest... We cannot Franchise him because I believe he still has 3 years left on his contract... We will either have to pay him or trade him if he tries and holds out...

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 12:27 AM
also... if the broncos can take a putz like plummer and make him into something (which i just can't believe and see bono-grbac all over) then perhaps we can get joey harrington and make him into something. he's got way more tools the plummer.

|Zach|
11-30-2005, 12:28 AM
for the record... i think L J is a fine runner. probably a great runner in the future, or perhaps the next jamal lewis. hmm... anyway, my point is this year looks to be a promising ending year and perhaps we jump up and bite some asses in the playoffs, maybe make it all the way who knows? but if we don't a lot of player like green and holmes are coming back next year for one more go. so why not trade lj for a top tier OL to replace shields and draft another stud RB?Because we would be throwing away known quantity for a question mark.

Lets throw away our best player and snatch up Ryan Leaf.

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 12:28 AM
So nice to see some itelligence... thank you Valiant for looking beyond your nose.

Spicy McHaggis
11-30-2005, 12:30 AM
so why not trade lj for a top tier OL to replace shields and draft another stud RB?

Oh...My...God. It's so easy. And when that new stud RB wants a new contract b/c he's awesome we'll trade his ass too!!!

Madden doesn't work in the real world.

alanm
11-30-2005, 12:31 AM
Carl would NEVER let his ego redo a contract. That didn't happen what...2 years ago?
As much crap as Carl takes from the fans and media for being a tightwad, some of it justified. He does pony up when the time comes for his boys who preform and merit it from play on the field. When the time comes he'll pay Larry. And pay him well. :thumb:

|Zach|
Oh...My...God. It's so easy. And when that new stud RB wants a new contract b/c he's awesome we'll trade his ass too!!!

Madden doesn't work in the real world.Bingo.

c13zephyr
Zach - you should actually read the post instead of skimming...

Trade LJ for top tier OL. Top tier OL's are just as valuable as any other offensive player.

Sign Joey Harrington because the Lions will be releasing him in the next year. I didn't think I'd have to spell it out, but I did. Anyway, Harrington would be a good backup and might learn something under Green in his final year.

Valiant
11-30-2005, 12:32 AM
Carl redid Priest's contract because he is the golden child. Fans would have revolted... already half of KC doesn't like LJ. Carl has leverage there.

Are you kidding, LJ could **** your mother and kill a child if he wins us a playoff game... Fans have short memories as long as you win football games..

listopencil
11-30-2005, 12:33 AM
listopencilitisly or whatever your name is.

Sad but somewhat expected that your reading comprehension is as low as your intelligence appears to be. Spin as much as you want. You started this thread comparing LJ to TO. You are a moron.

Spicy McHaggis
but if we don't a lot of player like green and holmes are coming back next year for one more go.

Not trying to be a jerk here if we did trade LJ would you put money on Priest making it healthy through one year? IF he feels like he wants to come back.

Plus no one wanted to trade for a top 3 back in Shaun Alexander. We can't get shafted on value.

c13zephyr
<i>Oh...My...God. It's so easy. And when that new stud RB wants a new contract b/c he's awesome we'll trade his ass too!!!

Madden doesn't work in the real world.</i>

No it doesn't. However when that new stud RB is a good community guy too, it makes it easier to pay him, especially if your Carl. Has no one here watched the King the last 15 years? You have to comment based on what we have to work with and that is Carl.

beer bacon
11-30-2005, 12:34 AM

Trade LJ for top tier OL. Top tier OL's are just as valuable as any other offensive player.

Sign Joey Harrington because the Lions will be releasing him in the next year. I didn't think I'd have to spell it out, but I did. Anyway, Harrington would be a good backup and might learn something under Green in his final year.

I don't really think their are many teams that would trade a top tier OL for any RB.

|Zach|
11-30-2005, 12:35 AM

Sign Joey Harrington because the Lions will be releasing him in the next year. I didn't think I'd have to spell it out, but I did. Anyway, Harrington would be a good backup and might learn something under Green in his final year.First of all...theres no way we get Harrington and top teir OL for Johnson...

There arnt that many top tier tackles in the game period.

Lets not even talk about how we are throwing away a sure fire offensive weapon for a QB who looks like a pile of festering dog shit.

Spicy McHaggis
11-30-2005, 12:36 AM
<i>Oh...My...God. It's so easy. And when that new stud RB wants a new contract b/c he's awesome we'll trade his ass too!!!

Madden doesn't work in the real world.</i>

No it doesn't. However when that new stud RB is a good community guy too, it makes it easier to pay him, especially if your Carl. Has no one here watched the King the last 15 years? You have to comment based on what we have to work with and that is Carl.

Dude, Carl loves LJ. LJ is that one ****ing shining achievement on draft day that he can point to and say "I knew better than all you!!! Boss Bailey isn't good enough to lick LJ's nutsack!!!!"

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 12:38 AM
<i>Sad but somewhat expected that your reading comprehension is as low as your intelligence appears to be. Spin as much as you want. You started this thread comparing LJ to TO. You are a moron.</i>

Wow. I didn't start the T.O. and L.J. comparison. For someone so up on reading comprehension you would think they would read fully and get their facts straight. It is also concerning to me that the Colorado school system or wherever your from is producing people like you thinking they are intelligent with vocaublaries like yours... using words such as moron and ****er over and over. You are an intelligent one. I bow down to your superior skills...

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 12:40 AM
Zach... please read the posts fully... I'm not saying trade L.J. for a top tier OL and Harrington. Trade L.J. for a top tier OL.

Then turn around and SIGN Harrington when he gets released.

|Zach|

c13zephyr
<i>Dude, Carl loves LJ. LJ is that one ****ing shining achievement on draft day that he can point to and say "I knew better than all you!!! Boss Bailey isn't good enough to lick LJ's nutsack!!!!"</i>

Good point. Trade Priest.

|Zach|
11-30-2005, 12:41 AM
Good point. Trade Priest.For what? We would be lucky to get a 6th rounder for Holmes.

alanm
11-30-2005, 12:41 AM
I don't really think their are many teams that would trade a top tier OL for any RB.
I'd think none. That's a good way for a GM to get his ass fired. Great OLinemen are golden. RB's for the most part are a dime a dozen.

Taco John
11-30-2005, 12:44 AM
What's so far off about comparing one "me" player to another?

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 12:45 AM
OK then. How about we trade him for a high draft pick and get an OL through the draft?

To me having a great OL and great DB's is a sure fire way to win... Kind of like good pitching and defense in baseball.

beer bacon
11-30-2005, 12:45 AM
What's so far off about comparing one "me" player to another?

You have TJ's support zephyr. You are gold.

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 12:46 AM
Originally I never was comparing LJ and TO

But since it came up. They are both fine citizens together. How many times has LJ been arrested as a Chief?

beer bacon
11-30-2005, 12:48 AM
Originally I never was comparing LJ and TO

But since it came up. They are both fine citizens together. How many times has LJ been arrested as a Chief?

How many times has TO been arrested as an Eagle?

listopencil
11-30-2005, 12:48 AM
Wow. I didn't start the T.O. and L.J. comparison. ..

I just don't get these players like T.O. and L.J. maybe it is players that go by initials.

Moron.

alanm
11-30-2005, 12:51 AM
Moron.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 12:53 AM
listopencil - go to the beginning. i didn't start this post comparing. the second post (not by me) started the comparison and i jumped in. you're freakin' idiot.

Taco John
11-30-2005, 12:57 AM
You have TJ's support zephyr. You are gold.

Personally, I think he's making a good point... though an upopular one. Nobody wants to hear about players demanding more money. Especially during the season.

But I don't personally believe that Larry Johnson really wants to be in Kansas City... Especially not at the level he is being paid now. Add to that the firing and hiring of a new agent, and I can't help but raise my eyebrows.

Does it mean anything? Maybe not. But that's not been my experience as an observer of this league.

No one can bring this stuff up and expect to be very popular. Especially when you bring TO's name into it. But one thing that LJ has made clear since joining the Chiefs is that he's only concern is LJ. And with the situation being how it is, I see a lot of motivation for LJ to make a play for more money.

Instead of name-calling, I'd be interested in hearing what motivating factors you see that would prevent LJ from making a play for a new contract...

listopencil
11-30-2005, 12:59 AM
listopencil - go to the beginning. i didn't start this post comparing. the second post (not by me) started the comparison and i jumped in. you're freakin' idiot.

You started this thread.

You compared TO to LJ.

Moron.

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 01:02 AM
I don't think anything would keep L J from making a play for a new contract, barring a broken leg this week.

Not only is LJ going to ask for money... but he will in the longrun become a cancer. He's already started... calling out Chiefs coaches, Getting his dad involved (on the air) and not bothering to talk to anyone after games in which he runs for 211 yards. Other players may not say much now, but after another year of that crap, you will see it affect any team chemistry we have.

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 01:05 AM
Yeah! you got it correct. I did start this thread and later I did compare T.O. to L.J.

I'm so happy for you. Now if only you could find a Broncos logo on a helmet or football... or something other than a peach or what looks like a fuzzy faded swimming pool ball.

SLAG
11-30-2005, 01:07 AM
Yeah! you got it correct. I did start this thread and later I did compare T.O. to L.J.

I'm so happy for you. Now if only you could find a Broncos logo on a helmet or football... or something other than a peach or what looks like a fuzzy faded swimming pool ball.

Listo Isnt One of the Dirty Donks Fans.

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 01:08 AM
then why sport the bronco logo? not being on this board in quite awhile i wouldn't have had a clue. especially since he is so quick to be negative instead of debate respectfully.

listopencil
11-30-2005, 01:09 AM

So you are finally admitting it and are now jumping to weak avatar smack. God, you're an ignorant douchebag. I'm glad most Chief fans aren't as stupid as you or The Planet wouldn't be worthwhile.

SLAG
11-30-2005, 01:10 AM
then why sport the bronco logo? not being on this board in quite awhile i wouldn't have had a clue. especially since he is so quick to be negative instead of debate respectfully.

I think you both Got off on the wrong foot...

I mean Im still a N00b here but I have seen WAY worse than Listo....

Just my 2¢

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 01:10 AM
you're a pyschologist's dream.

listopencil
11-30-2005, 01:11 AM

Why not sport the Bronco logo? I'm a Denver Broncos fan. I don't feel like explaining that to every hapless idiot that wanders in here so I make it obvious. Debate respectfully? Post something worthy of respect. Here's a hint: Something other that comparing LJ to TO.

SLAG
11-30-2005, 01:13 AM
Why not sport the Bronco logo? I'm a Denver Broncos fan. I don't feel like explaining that to every hapless idiot that wanders in here so I make it obvious. Debate respectfully? Post something worthy of respect. Here's a hint: Something other that comparing LJ to TO.

Ok Now I a Going to refer to a previous Quote... as I make like boobies and Bounce....

"Uh Uh Uh THis isnt where i Parked my Car"

c13zephyr
11-30-2005, 01:17 AM
It's funny you talk about posting something worth talking about and how "morons like me" would make the board boring. This moron hasn't seen one intelligent post off your fingers. All you do is call names and bash legitimate discussion.

You being a Broncos fan explains a lot though. Low class, ignorant and insecure. You're not worth anyone's time, let alone mine.

listopencil
11-30-2005, 01:17 AM

Here- this is a post I made over at OrangeMane:

Timeline of T.O. tantrums
Story Tools: Print Email
Associated Press
Posted: 4 hours ago

Terrell Owens' behavior has cost him the rest of the season after an arbitrator ruled that the Eagles were justified in suspending - and can go ahead with their plan to deactivate - the All-Pro receiver. It's not the first time the Owens' antics have gotten him into trouble:

Sept. 24: Owens celebrates a pair of touchdowns in a 41-24 win over the host Dallas Cowboys by running to the star logo at midfield and posing. San Francisco coach Steve Mariucci suspends him for a week. "I was praying to God. That was no act of taunting," Owens says.

Oct. 22: Owens accuses his 49ers teammates of quitting following a 34-16 loss to the Carolina Panthers. "I think the whole team just gave up, man," Owens said. He apologizes to his teammates the next day.

Oct. 31: Owens lashes out at Mariucci for his play calling, in particular his refusal to run up the score on opponents. "I think it's funny, but ... his buddy system with all the coaches around the league, I think he tries to spare them sometimes," Owens says.

Jan. 13: Owens complains about his role in the offense following a 25-15 playoff loss to the Packers. "I want to be the go-to guy on this team," Owens says. "But the play calling doesn't always involve me. I get lost in the offense."

May 3: Owens rankles team officials for risking injury when he plays his first game for the Adirondack Wildcats of the U.S. Basketball League.

Sept. 22: Owens criticizes Mariucci for having quarterback Jeff Garcia kneel down at the Washington 16 at the end of a 20-10 win over the Redskins rather than trying to score again. "We have no killer instinct, period," Owens says.

Oct. 14: Owens celebrates a touchdown catch on Monday Night Football by pulling a marker from his sock and autographing the ball. Owens tosses the ball into the stands to Greg Eastman, his financial consultant and an adviser to Shawn Springs, the player who was covering him on the play.

Dec. 15: Owens celebrates a touchdown catch in a 20-14 loss to Green Bay by taking pompoms from a cheerleader and dancing behind the end zone.

Jan. 12: Just before halftime of a 31-6 playoff loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Owens screams at the 49ers' sideline and slaps his head in disbelief when Mariucci elects to run out the clock rather than try to cut into a 28-6 halftime deficit.

Sept. 21: Owens throws a sideline tantrum directed at offensive coordinator Greg Knapp and is critical of new coach Dennis Erickson following a 13-12 loss to the Cleveland Browns. "It's my job to run routes and catch the ball," Owens says. "It's their job to know the personnel on the field. It's their job to know who the playmakers are and to design the plays."

Sept. 28: Owens storms off the field when Kevan Barlow was stuffed for a 1-yard loss on fourth-and-1 during a 35-7 loss to Minnesota. Owens throws his helmet on the sideline and after the game hints that quarterback Jeff Garcia should to be benched.

Aug. 13: An interview with Playboy magazine hits newsstands in which Owens was asked if he thinks Garcia is gay. Owens responds: "Like my boy tells me: If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat."

Oct. 31: Now with the Eagles, Owens mocks Baltimore linebacker Ray Lewis during an end zone celebration.

Nov. 7: Cameras follow Owens as he yells at McNabb on the sideline during a 27-3 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Nov. 15: Owens draws criticism for a Monday Night Football promo in which actress Nicollette Sheridan - a star of ABC's "Desperate Housewives" dressed only in a towel - asks Owens to skip the game then drops the towel and jumps into his arms. Owens later apologizes.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5...40813162&ATT=5 (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5...40813162&ATT=5)

This doesn't include anything from 2005, although you can see that stuff by following the link. LJ's never been anything like this. Go ahead and display your intelligence by showing me what LJ has done to compare to this stuff.

listopencil
11-30-2005, 01:22 AM
I guess you got nothin', huh?

Wile_E_Coyote
11-30-2005, 01:31 AM
Wow Alexander & Edge couldn't get traded & they were asking for a 3rd rounder. But LJ, who you describe as a TO, is worth a high draft pick.

LJ needs to be handled better PR wise, a new agent seems logical

SLAG
11-30-2005, 01:33 AM
Wow Alexander & Edge couldn't get a traded & they were asking for a 3rd rounder. But LJ, who you describe as a TO, is worth a high draft pick.

LJ needs to be handled better PR wise, a new agent seems logical

Anyone want to apply?

AGENT CERTIFICATION (http://www.nflpa.com/Agents/main.asp?subPage=Certification)

Wile_E_Coyote
11-30-2005, 01:42 AM
I don't think anything would keep L J from making a play for a new contract, barring a broken leg this week.

Not only is LJ going to ask for money... but he will in the longrun become a cancer. He's already started... calling out Chiefs coaches, Getting his dad involved (on the air) and not bothering to talk to anyone after games in which he runs for 211 yards. Other players may not say much now, but after another year of that crap, you will see it affect any team chemistry we have.

people want him to act more like Priest...then don't complain about lack of interviews or setting by himself at games

penchief
11-30-2005, 06:29 PM

Exactly. Some people are just fockin' idiots.

LJ is a proud athelete, no doubt. But is he the same type of ego as Owens? Hell no. Resorting to extremes and comparing him to the biggest cancer in the NFL only shows one's bias, IMO.

When it comes to money, LJ signed early and for a reasonable contract. The dude just wants to play. Football matters to him more than anything. He's a competitive freak.

As far as his personality goes.....let him run over people and he'll be happy. While TO apologists like to say that Owens is only being honest when he spouts off, that really is what I hear when LJ speaks his mind. He does most of his talking on the field. He's been disrespected by this organization from the start and I believe that his resentment will recede in proportion to the respect he earns via his on-field performance.

Whatever difficulty the Chiefs experience in trying to keep LJ happy or resign him, they deserve it for the way they have handled him.

JMHO.

Sure-Oz
11-30-2005, 06:59 PM
We'll cross that bridge when it comes to it, im sure carl will slob his knob, angry!

Calcountry
11-30-2005, 07:04 PM
:hmmm:
No Sir ......... I dont Like It.

I really Enjoy LJ'S Running Style and I hope He stays With KC for quite SometimeI know this won't happen, but could you immagine a Reggie Bush behind our O line?

milkman
11-30-2005, 07:29 PM
I know this won't happen, but could you immagine a Reggie Bush behind our O line?

You are absolutely right.

There isn't a team that has the chance to draft Bush that will trade that chance away.

Immaculate
11-30-2005, 08:13 PM
Anyone else think LJ could be a pro bowler this year?

Skip Towne
11-30-2005, 08:22 PM

Your and idiot.

Skip Towne
11-30-2005, 08:38 PM
I know this won't happen, but could you immagine a Reggie Bush behind our O line?
I sure can. He's named LJ. The dude averaged 8 yds per carry in college against Big 10 competition. LJ has proved himself in the NFL. Bush may or may not do the same. Make mine LJ, let somebody else spend a top pick on Bush.

johnson&surtain
11-30-2005, 09:20 PM
LJ is unstoppable

Portis&Taylor
11-30-2005, 09:22 PM
I like larry johnson he is better then Priest if you ask me but i am a skins fan what do i know

johnson&surtain
11-30-2005, 09:24 PM
I realy think that LJ could go to the pro bowl this year

johnson&surtain
11-30-2005, 09:28 PM
nice pic of mike shanahan digging a hole

Hammock Parties
11-30-2005, 10:22 PM
If anyone needs to be traded it's Priest.

|Zach|
11-30-2005, 10:35 PM
If anyone needs to be traded it's Priest.For what? A half priced dinner at Red Lobster?

Hammock Parties
11-30-2005, 11:01 PM
For what? A half priced dinner at Red Lobster?

Are you saying he doesn't have value?

milkman
11-30-2005, 11:04 PM
Are you saying he doesn't have value?

His value right now isn't very high.

An aging RB just coming off of injury isn't going to get a lot on the market.

|Zach|
11-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Are you saying he doesn't have value?I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. An aging running back that can't finish a season...

I don't think we get squat for him.

Hammock Parties
11-30-2005, 11:15 PM
I agree.

If anyone bit on a trade though, I'd do it.

philfree
11-30-2005, 11:22 PM
I hope we have both Holmes and Johnson on the roster next year. IMO Johnson should move into the starting roll and take more carries then Holmes. A reversal of what we were doing this year before Holmes went down and then use Holmes as a 3rd down back. The key of course is for Holmes to restructure is contract so we can afford to keep them both.

PhilFree:arrow:

Hammock Parties
11-30-2005, 11:31 PM
If Dick is still here, Holmes will be the starter. :rolleyes:

digi2fish
11-30-2005, 11:33 PM
well,
I think we owe something to LJ after the "diaper" talk...
:harumph:

philfree
11-30-2005, 11:44 PM
If Dick is still here, Holmes will be the starter. :rolleyes:

I'm not so sure about that at this point. With Holmes unable to finish 3 of the last 4 seasons and LJ proving he is worthy I could see DV making the change. IMO he might try to protect Holmes a little bit so he's around late in the season when we are making a playoff run. IMO LJ with Holmes as the 3rd down and relief back would make our O even better.

On another note I was watching Playbook on the NFL Network and when discussing the Chiefs they commented on LJ saying that while he's a dangerous runner and reciever he is also good at picking up the blitz and then they played a clip of him stoning a blizter. Of course Wilcotts said he thought the donks would win the game so he can't be all that bright.

PhilFree:arrow:

Hammock Parties
11-30-2005, 11:53 PM
I'm not so sure about that at this point. With Holmes unable to finish 3 of the last 4 seasons and LJ proving he is worthy I could see DV making the change. IMO he might try to protect Holmes a little bit so he's around late in the season when we are making a playoff run. IMO LJ with Holmes as the 3rd down and relief back would make our O even better.

I have zero confidence in Dick and Al to do the right thing when it comes to Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson.

Dick would probably spout more BS about Priest having "earned the right" to be our starter. :rolleyes:

listopencil
11-30-2005, 11:59 PM
I think you guys are onto something with the idea of Holmes being a 3rd down back. He catches the ball like a WR and obviously knows the O. Minimal carries would keep him fresh and healthier. Let LJ carry the load and you have a nice 1-2 punch.

c13zephyr
12-01-2005, 02:34 AM
that's a nice idea. don't trade either.

it would be nice to see a personable lj out and about though. he's not good enough yet to act like barry bonds.

kcfanXIII
12-01-2005, 03:08 AM
<i>I think you are a fool to equate the two. Thats just me though. But trade LJ for another fine young superstart who according to you will prob hold later because he is going to run well too.

Lets not even keep a hold of good players. They will want big contracts. Lets have them play shitty and save money.</i>

First off you use the word "fool" rather loosely. Secondly have you not watched sports over the last 10 years? Haven't you seen this scenario play out over and over and over? Just watch, if he finishes the season with 1400 yards and a pro-bowl appearance he'll hold out, unless Peterson pays him big $$$. Which we know Carl and his ego won't do so easily.
johnson was peterwon's pick in the first place. and johnson is stroking peterson's ego with every yard he pounds out. i say pay him the money, and build the new offense around him. lets be realistic too, nobody is gonna give up a first round pick for a rb on the decline of his career.

kcfanXIII
12-01-2005, 03:11 AM
the worst chief hater of them all, is lincoln kenedy on the nfl network. he keeps saying the defense hasn't improved. i know its not the best in the league, but it has def gotten better. how long has it been since a 100 yd rusher?

kcxiv
12-01-2005, 05:44 AM
LJ will not hold out, he will just lose money. if he holds out we have Priest Holmes to start. LJ will just lose out on a whole years Salary for playing hardball so early. Now if we dont get Preist back, and good ole Dee Brown is at running back, then he has leverage. He will not be able to hold out til the 2007 season imo.