PDA

View Full Version : My mouth...there are flames coming out of my mouth.

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 02:32 PM
Holy cripes.

I'm sitting here enjoying my nice "Hawaiian Bowl" for lunch, and one of those really, really, really, really, really hot red peppers in chinese food must have fallen in. In five seconds, my meal went from delicious to fiery inferno. In retrospect, I think I saw it, but presumed that it was a carrot. (The Hawaiian Bowl has a large number of ingredients.)

Oh, man. My entire mouth is on fire, and it won't go out. It's like one of those phosphorus fires that you get with tattoos and microwaves where the flames can't be extinguished without special chemicals.

Iowanian
11-30-2005, 02:33 PM
drink your milk, bRainman.

Baby Lee
11-30-2005, 02:33 PM
That's what you get for being disigerent with the restaurant staff.

milkman
11-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Lick..... salt Kevin.

Iowanian
11-30-2005, 02:36 PM
Maybe you could get a coworker to pee out the fire.

jidar
11-30-2005, 02:38 PM
Maybe you could get a coworker to pee out the fire.

rofl.

Seriously though, what peppers in chinese food?
Is it a Habanero? Man those are hot.

Goapics1
11-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Your mouth is on fire today and your ass will be on fire tomorrow. Have fun.

jspchief
11-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Be careful. The pain suppressing endorphins your body produces to extinguish the flame can be addictive.

Don't be suprised if the next time you think about biting into that pepper, your mouth waters a little bit.

cdcox
11-30-2005, 02:46 PM
I've eaten one of those whole a couple times in my life. First time was when I was new to Chinese food and didn't know better. Second time was when I was disappointed with the intensity level of my Kung Pao chicken, and decided to eat one to live things up. I'd forgotten how insanely hot they really are. I like food flavored by them but they are too hot to eat whole.

4th and Long
11-30-2005, 02:46 PM
In case this is not the result of a stray pepper and in fact, this is the beginning of spontaneous combustion, could you please change your avatar to this pile of ashes
http://tominbkk.libsyn.com/podcasts/tominbkk/images/ashes.jpg
before it's too late? Everyone would appreciate it and it would explain your demise for other members in the future. Thanks.

morphius
11-30-2005, 02:54 PM
The question you need to ask is, what would Hawaii be without the volcano? And just be glad it is the Hawaiian Bowl and not the Hawaiian Islands Bowl, because there are a lot of volcano's there.

Saulbadguy
11-30-2005, 02:56 PM
rofl.

Seriously though, what peppers in chinese food?
Is it a Habanero? Man those are hot.
Much hotter than a Habanero.

chagrin
11-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Johnny Cash knew what he was talking about

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-30-2005, 02:58 PM
drink your milk, bRainman.
That works... I'd do that and eat some bread or crackers.

Extra Point
11-30-2005, 03:00 PM
If you're cold at the office tomorrow, just light a match to your ass. apics is right about the double dose. Make good use of the second. Make sure to wear dark pants.

jspchief
11-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Much hotter than a Habanero.Umm...no way.

I can eat handfuls of those chinese peppers and not even need a drink. Habaneros wreck me for two days.

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Man oh man. The only thing that I had to quench the flame was a coke (ineffective) and a little snack sized Snickers bar. Caramel helped a little bit.

And yeah, those Chinese peppers make habaneros look like ice cream.

Donger
11-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Holy cripes.

I'm sitting here enjoying my nice "Hawaiian Bowl" for lunch, and one of those really, really, really, really, really hot red peppers in chinese food must have fallen in. In five seconds, my meal went from delicious to fiery inferno. In retrospect, I think I saw it, but presumed that it was a carrot. (The Hawaiian Bowl has a large number of ingredients.)

Oh, man. My entire mouth is on fire, and it won't go out. It's like one of those phosphorus fires that you get with tattoos and microwaves where the flames can't be extinguished without special chemicals.

Was this a frozen meal?

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 03:04 PM
Umm...no way.

I can eat handfuls of those chinese peppers and not even need a drink. Habaneros wreck me for two days.

The red Chinese peppers? They should require a permit to even have those things on the premises.

jspchief
11-30-2005, 03:04 PM
And yeah, those Chinese peppers make habaneros look like ice cream.You guys must be getting your peppers from a different part of China. Those things are bland in comparison to habaneros.

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Was this a frozen meal?

Nope. Made fresh while you wait at the local Food Court.

jspchief
11-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Peppers...

http://members.visi.net/~mandy/pepguide.html

Donger
11-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Nope. Made fresh while you wait at the local Food Court.

Oh. I wonder if the extraneous pepper was placed intentionally? Have you any enemies at said Food Court, or are you wearing any Chiefs clothing today? I had on my Chiefs ball cap last night when I was at Home Depot, and I was verbally accosted twice.

mikey23545
11-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Be careful. The pain suppressing endorphins your body produces to extinguish the flame can be addictive.

Don't be suprised if the next time you think about biting into that pepper, your mouth waters a little bit.

Are you suggesting his mouth will water and his hole will start itching?

Iowanian
11-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Donger, if you'd head strait to the ax handle aisle first, and pick up one just to carry until you're done, I'd bet they'd shooosh.

If not, You could always drag them into the bathroom unconcious and epoxy glue their face to the urinal.

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Oh. I wonder if the extraneous pepper was placed intentionally? Have you any enemies at said Food Court, or are you wearing any Chiefs clothing today? I had on my Chiefs ball cap last night when I was at Home Depot, and I was verbally accosted twice.

I wasn't wearing Chiefs gear, but I think I am kind of unlikeable at first glance. At the gym where I exercise, there's a mentally disabled guy who's real friendly to everybody, but for some reason he avoids me. That's fine, though, because he never asks me to spot for him.

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Peppers...

http://members.visi.net/~mandy/pepguide.html

Stop it with the facts.

jspchief
11-30-2005, 03:26 PM
Are you suggesting his mouth will water and his hole will start itching?I'm actually disappointed that it took so long for that post to be taken in that direction. The Planet is slipping.

Donger
11-30-2005, 03:26 PM
Donger, if you'd head strait to the ax handle aisle first, and pick up one just to carry until you're done, I'd bet they'd shooosh.

If not, You could always drag them into the bathroom unconcious and epoxy glue their face to the urinal.

That's okay; I had my wife with me.

KCChiefsMan
11-30-2005, 03:27 PM
the first time I tried sushi my buddy told me that the green stuff really tastes good with it.........ouch!

royr17
Your mouth is on fire today and your ass will be on fire tomorrow. Have fun.

ROFL

Thats just too funny to be true.

But as far as the ass on fire goes I know how that feels, been there, done that, dont have any pleasure in doin it again.

Donger
I wasn't wearing Chiefs gear, but I think I am kind of unlikeable at first glance. At the gym where I exercise, there's a mentally disabled guy who's real friendly to everybody, but for some reason he avoids me. That's fine, though, because he never asks me to spot for him.

Does he tweak his nipples?

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Does he tweak his nipples?

I'm not sure, but the gal who rides the ellipticals doesn't. That's where most of my observation time goes.

And if this guy did, I'd let him. Mentally disabled people who lift weights obsessively every single day are not to be trifled with.

HemiEd
11-30-2005, 03:30 PM
You guys must be getting your peppers from a different part of China. Those things are bland in comparison to habaneros.

I ate about half of one of those at a restaurant a while back, thought it was a normal pepper. I ended up having to go outside for a while and not totally ruin the business meeting. It was similar to taking a spoon full of fresh horseradish.

jspchief
11-30-2005, 03:31 PM
Stop it with the facts.Well, I searched because I wanted to make sure I wasn't wrong. I'm a bit of a pepper/spicy foods nut so I was curious if maybe you guys were referencing a different type of pepper than what I had in mind.

I can eat just about any pepper without it bothering me too much, but the habanero just kills me. I've never had the scotch bonnet, but have had sauce made from scotch bonnets, and it wasn't too bad. Supposedly there are a few hybrid peppers that are hotter than the habanero, but what's the point?

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 03:34 PM
I can eat just about any pepper without it bothering me too much, but the habanero just kills me. I've never had the scotch bonnet, but have had sauce made from scotch bonnets, and it wasn't too bad. Supposedly there are a few hybrid peppers that are hotter than the habanero, but what's the point?

I have no idea why hot peppers are even considered edible food. It seems like they should be in the same category as hay and wood and other things that would be unhealthy to eat. Who actually tried the first habanero and said, "I can use this in my burrito recipe."?

morphius
11-30-2005, 03:35 PM
A bit off the topic, but there was a mentally handicapped gentleman where a friend and I used to stop for a quick lunch. He had actual talking points, but he would share them out loud while trying to pick one. I think the first time he talked to us he just said "Sports." paused for a few seconds and said, "Weather.", paused again and said, "It's a nice day out today, isn't it?". Which it was a horribly windy and cold day out, but still it is fun to run into my friend and whenever there is a pause just do go "Sports."...

Baby Lee
11-30-2005, 03:39 PM
You guys must be getting your peppers from a different part of China. Those things are bland in comparison to habaneros.
I think, if it's the same as the ones I find so hot, it's the dried version of those Thai peppers, which if you'll note on your pepper scale are just below the Haberneros and Scotch Bonnets.

The new phenomenon I'm gotten into is the fact that the heat comes from oxygen. So you can chew, chew, chew, the hottest peppers, so long as you keep you mouth closed and don't breath in. Then, when your mouth is coated, take a big blast of breath in. Talk about endorphins. I've made my hair sweat so much, it drips onto my shirt. :thumb:

Donger
11-30-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm not sure, but the gal who rides the ellipticals doesn't. That's where most of my observation time goes.

And if this guy did, I'd let him. Mentally disabled people who lift weights obsessively every single day are not to be trifled with.

BTW. are your offices near the convention center? I was at a show there a while ago, and I was going to drop in a say hello.

jspchief
11-30-2005, 03:40 PM
I have no idea why hot peppers are even considered edible food. It seems like they should be in the same category as hay and wood and other things that would be unhealthy to eat. Who actually tried the first habanero and said, "I can use this in my burrito recipe."?I wasn't joking in my first post about the addiction to endorphins. I don't know how often you have to eat spicy things before you get addicted, but I know there is nothing in this world that can give me a craving like spicy food. I'll be picking up some hot wings for dinner tonight, thanks to this conversation.

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 03:43 PM
BTW. are your offices near the convention center? I was at a show there a while ago, and I was going to drop in a say hello.

Yeah, we're just two blocks north. Stop by and say hello next time you're in the neighborhood.

Donger
11-30-2005, 03:44 PM
Yeah, we're just two blocks north. Stop by and say hello next time you're in the neighborhood.

Will do. I'll even bring the wife. She loves the Mall.

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 03:45 PM
I wasn't joking in my first post about the addiction to endorphins. I don't know how often you have to eat spicy things before you get addicted, but I know there is nothing in this world that can give me a craving like spicy food. I'll be picking up some hot wings for dinner tonight, thanks to this conversation.

Y'know, I love spicy food, but I define spicy as having lots of ... flavor, for lack of a better word. Things like ginger in sesame chicken. Spicy foods that are hot don't work for me at all. I lose all the flavor because my mouth's burning.

My brother-in-law has your taste buds, though. He'll eat hot foods until he's sweaty, and be perfectly content.

Dartgod
11-30-2005, 03:58 PM
I think, if it's the same as the ones I find so hot, it's the dried version of those Thai peppers, which if you'll note on your pepper scale are just below the Haberneros and Scotch Bonnets.

Yep, Santaka peppers most likely. I usually find them in kung pao dishes. Very hot. In fact there was a Seinfeld episode where they thought George was stealing from the Yankees because he was sweating from the kung pao when being questioned about the stolen goods.

"It was the Kung Pao!"

cdcox
11-30-2005, 04:05 PM
I tried using Habaneros in my chilli once. The chilli turned out fine (I knew they were hot, so was careful not to add too many) but dang if my hands didn't burn for a couple days. Also, even after washing my hands 3 times with soap, I could taste the pepper on my fingers and had to watch touching my eyes.

At that point I decided the habaneros were too dangerous to have around.

kepp
11-30-2005, 04:06 PM
When I lived in Los Angeles I took a girl to dinner once at PF Changs and accidentally ate one of those whole. My ears were sweating. I had to excuse myself from the table for about 10 minutes until the burning calmed down.

I've been to Thailand a couple times. Those people eat that stuff like candy.

mike_b_284
11-30-2005, 04:09 PM
I have a couple friends from Laos, and their parents have herb gardens. The grow these little bushes with skinny red peppers about 2-3 inches long. If these are the ones you are talking about they are comparable to habanaros which I use regularly to cook stew with.