PDA

View Full Version : This may be goodbye Chiefsplanet.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-30-2005, 03:23 PM
I got a new job today. I'm going back to radio...sales instead of on-air this time although there may be some on-air again down the road.

This ad agency/working for a friend thing has been disasterous for my financial well-being so I'm moving on after less than a year here. I kind of hate to do it but a man's gotta do.......

I'm going to be working outside sales so my days of efing off on the computer when I don't have much to do are likely gone. Not sure yet about the internet freedom at the station either but I'm certainly not going to go in and push it right away.

I don't currently have internet at home... been watching the money with things that aren't vital... hopefully I'll be getting it before too long though.

Anyway... looks like I'll be starting by Monday quite possibly so I've got a couple more days here at least. My goal is to hit 10,000 posts before I go... or at least get busier... should be no problem.

If I don't make it back after Friday... at least for a good while... thanks to all of you for providing a lot of entertainment over the last nearly two years. I've made a few good friends and a few good temporary enamies... :D ... but I like everyone.

I'm sorry I never got to buy Big_Daddy a beer... or some fruity health drink at least, whatever those Kalifornia boys like... :D and I'm sorry I never saw Jenny or Red naked in the pics forum.

Peace.

4th and Long
11-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Congratulation on the new job. :thumb:

Hopefully this will be a financial upswing and your absence here will be short.

Good luck! :)

Coach
11-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Congrats.

I agree what 4th said as well.

KChiefsQT
11-30-2005, 03:31 PM
Congrats on the new job!!!

Donger
11-30-2005, 03:31 PM
Good luck Beer Me. You'll be missed.

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Congrats on the new job. We'll miss you around here when we need someone to ridicule. Come back soon.

Mr. Kotter
11-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Sorry to hear about that; but hopefully the new job will be a step in the right direction for you. Best wishes.

Hell, go to the public library and log-on once in awhile if nothing else....hope to see you around.

Iowanian
11-30-2005, 03:33 PM
No. No. No.

You're supposed to make this thread when you've been getting needled and it has to have some filter-avoiding explecetives in it.

4th and Long
Congrats.

I agree what 4th said as well.
You agreed with me?

Fatal move.

Prepare to be treated like an outcast and a leper.

:D

Dartgod
Who are you?

tk13
11-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Good luck.

Iowanian
11-30-2005, 03:34 PM
How pissed is he going to be when he finds out that I, Iowanian, am his new supervisor?

Enjoy Christmas Eve in, oh, Bangor.

KChiefsQT
11-30-2005, 03:35 PM
How pissed is he going to be when he finds out that I, Iowanian, am his new supervisor?
ROFL

chagrin
11-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Clean out your desk, you're gone!

4th and Long
That would probably depend on his ability to take repeated verbal bashings on a daily basis. ROFL

Iowanian
Beatings will continue until Morale improves!

BIG_DADDY
Who are you?
ROFL

Coach
11-30-2005, 03:37 PM
You agreed with me?

Fatal move.

Prepare to be treated like an outcast and a leper.

:D

A what and a what?

:doh!:

chagrin
Back to the front Soldja!
(I stole that from someone here from one of the Kellen threads and always wanted to use it)

4th and Long
Enjoy Christmas Eve in, oh, Bangor.
That wouldn't be bad if Steven King invited you over for dinner ... or something.

JimNasium
11-30-2005, 03:38 PM
http://www.4cats2much.com/blogpics/2004_11/ashcroft.jpg

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Who are you?
no one..... and thanks everyone.

morphius
11-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Sweet! We can put up pictures of your Ex again! j/k

Get back when you can and good luck!

chefsos
Much good luck on the new job. You'll find a way back here.

|Zach|
Uh, ya can I borrow some money before you go?

Dr. Johnny Fever
That would probably depend on his ability to take repeated verbal bashings on a daily basis. ROFL
Well I've lasted almost two years here so.....

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Uh, ya can I borrow some money before you go?
If I had any.... sure.

4th and Long
11-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Well I've lasted almost two years here so.....
Ooooo ... good point. Add in your proven ability to bash back and ... well .. Iowanian will probably fire you, first day on the job. :p

foxman
11-30-2005, 03:42 PM
POST WHORE!

lol, congrats on the new job, and good luck.

|Zach|
11-30-2005, 03:43 PM
If I had any.... sure.Hmm, I tell you what...tell your next employer that a certain chunk of your paychecks go to me...before you touch them. Sound like a good deal?

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Hmm, I tell you what...tell your next employer that a certain chunk of your paychecks go to me...before you touch them. Sound like a good deal?
OK... after child support, insurance, taxes and paying you... I might still get a check.

BIG_DADDY
Tell your wife it's about time she got you to take an outside sales job and to hurry up with that plane ticket. :)

dirk digler
I agree with what 4th said. You will be missed and congrats.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-30-2005, 03:47 PM
Tell your wife it's about time she got you to take an outside sales job and to hurry up with that plane ticket. :)
If I was still married to her I would.

:)

chagrin
11-30-2005, 03:48 PM
Hey guys, don't get too sad - you still have me, am I right? I mean, am I right?

siberian khatru
11-30-2005, 03:49 PM
You'll be back. They always come back (except Mr. Blond).

dirk digler
Hey guys, don't get too sad - you still have me, am I right? I mean, am I right?

Who are you again?

4th and Long
I agree with what 4th said. You will be missed and congrats.
This thread is quickly filling up with lepers and outcasts. ;)

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-30-2005, 03:50 PM
You're probably right and I hope you are. Just not sure when.

(watch me come back Tuesday with an I'm back thread. The ridicule will be priceless! ROFL )

Iowanian
11-30-2005, 03:50 PM

I still wonder if that guy didn't come back...under a different handle.

My guess is still Federal Prison if not.

JimNasium
11-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Mr. Blond = redrum

dirk digler
11-30-2005, 03:52 PM
This thread is quickly filling up with lepers and outcasts. ;)

I wouldn't be an outcast if you wouldn't wink at me.

siberian khatru
11-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Mr. Blond = redrum

For real? Or are you yanking my chain again? Because the last time you did that you forgot the lube. And it hurt. And I had to explain the rash to my HIGHLY skeptical wife.

Iowanian
11-30-2005, 03:53 PM
Where are you going to learn useless information that you can't learn outside of CP?

For example, the planet's very own Yunghungwell was the only guy to beat the guy that won "the Biggest Loser", in High School wrestling during one of his championship years.

4th and Long
11-30-2005, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't be an outcast if you wouldn't wink at me.
ROFL

JimNasium
11-30-2005, 03:55 PM
For real? Or are you yanking my chain again? Because the last time you did that you forgot the lube. And it hurt. And I had to explain the rash to my HIGHLY skeptical wife.
I have no proof that Mr. Blond is redrum but it is possible I suppose. Was that helpful?

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Where are you going to learn useless information that you can't learn outside of CP?

I don't know. That part makes me sad. Will you call me every night and give me the daily run down?

JimNasium
11-30-2005, 03:56 PM
I don't know. That part makes me sad. Will you call me every night and give me the daily run down?
I'll bet the Red Menace will if you send him a prepaid phone card.

siberian khatru
11-30-2005, 03:57 PM
I have no proof that Mr. Blond is redrum but it is possible I suppose. Was that helpful?

Thanks, Mr. National Enquirer.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-30-2005, 03:57 PM
I'll bet the Red Menace will if you send him a prepaid phone card.
ROFL

only 49 more worthless posts to go.

MOhillbilly
11-30-2005, 03:59 PM
when are you just going to breakdown and start a 'goodbye cruel world' thread?
soon?

:p ps.
ya ever get the feeling that everything you do in your whole life is just one big crock of shit?:)

JimNasium
Thanks, Mr. National Enquirer.
Mr. Blond may have been abducted by aliens or run off with a female bigfoot. You never really know. :shake:

ROYC75
Good Luck, hope all goes well.

BTW, you arn't leaving the area are you ?

Calcountry
11-30-2005, 04:01 PM
I got a new job today. I'm going back to radio...sales instead of on-air this time although there may be some on-air again down the road.

This ad agency/working for a friend thing has been disasterous for my financial well-being so I'm moving on after less than a year here. I kind of hate to do it but a man's gotta do.......

I'm going to be working outside sales so my days of efing off on the computer when I don't have much to do are likely gone. Not sure yet about the internet freedom at the station either but I'm certainly not going to go in and push it right away.

I don't currently have internet at home... been watching the money with things that aren't vital... hopefully I'll be getting it before too long though.

Anyway... looks like I'll be starting by Monday quite possibly so I've got a couple more days here at least. My goal is to hit 10,000 posts before I go... or at least get busier... should be no problem.

If I don't make it back after Friday... at least for a good while... thanks to all of you for providing a lot of entertainment over the last nearly two years. I've made a few good friends and a few good temporary enamies... :D ... but I like everyone.

I'm sorry I never got to buy Big_Daddy a beer... or some fruity health drink at least, whatever those Kalifornia boys like... :D and I'm sorry I never saw Jenny or Red naked in the pics forum.

Peace.It seems like only yesterday, you were like, bamn, fug this chit, I am working for myself now.

Not as easy as it seems eh? Well, whatever dude, I wish you all the success in the world at your new position. Go wardriving and drop us a line soon, k? Peace.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Congrats on the new job.

I love you.

Calcountry
11-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Well I've lasted almost two years here so.....Its a tough fuggin job, being here all the time, but somebody has to do it. :shrug:

Dr. Johnny Fever
It seems like only yesterday, you were like, bamn, fug this chit, I am working for myself now.

Not as easy as it seems eh? Well, whatever dude, I wish you all the success in the world at your new position. Go wardriving and drop us a line soon, k? Peace.
Well I don't work for myself at the ad agency. My voice-over business is coming along but not as quickly as I'd hoped. It's a long ass story. That part I'll still get going though.

Dr. Johnny Fever
Congrats on the new job.

I love you.
wow. thanks I think.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-30-2005, 04:05 PM
Good Luck, hope all goes well.

BTW, you arn't leaving the area are you ?
No, same city.

Chiefs Pantalones
I believe this is all a lie.

He's just trying to get nude pics of Red and Jenny.

Dr. Johnny Fever
:p ps.
ya ever get the feeling that everything you do in your whole life is just one big crock of shit?:)
Only when I'm awake............. or asleep.

Calcountry
OK... after child support, insurance, taxes and paying you... I might still get a check.Hopefully, you fugged up your income BEFORE you got the divorce.

Dave Lane
11-30-2005, 04:06 PM

Peace.

Jeez you drama queen get a Netzero $9.95 dialup account if you need internet access... ROFL

Dave

~cheap ass

4th and Long
Go wardriving and drop us a line soon, k?
Hey, good plan! Maybe go chiefs will see this thread and give beer me some wardriving tips and he can post more often. :hmmm:

Dr. Johnny Fever
I believe this is all a lie.

He's just trying to get nude pics of Red and Jenny.
damn... they're onto me.

Calcountry
11-30-2005, 04:07 PM
You're probably right and I hope you are. Just not sure when.

(watch me come back Tuesday with an I'm back thread. The ridicule will be priceless! ROFL )Only Taco John can do that chit and get away with it.

JBucc
I don't know who you are, but good luck

Chiefs Pantalones
damn... they're onto me.

I knew it!! ROFL

(keep at it, it may be working...)

Dr. Johnny Fever
Jeez you drama queen get a Netzero $9.95 dialup account if you need internet access... ROFL

Dave

~cheap ass
good idea.......

OK... I'm back thread coming in less than a week.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-30-2005, 04:08 PM
I knew it!! ROFL

(keep at it, it may be working...)
Maybe I should say I'm dying.......??????

Sure-Oz
11-30-2005, 04:09 PM
congrats on the new job!

Chiefs Pantalones

If they had any sign of a heart, they'd show you all no matter what... :)

bogie
Well I don't work for myself at the ad agency. My voice-over business is coming along but not as quickly as I'd hoped. It's a long ass story. That part I'll still get going though.

voive-over? where do you live? are you vo talent? I do hate to see a CP veteran leave. Hope all goes well.

MOhillbilly
11-30-2005, 04:10 PM
Only when I'm awake............. or asleep.

aslong as i am not the only one.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-30-2005, 04:12 PM
voive-over? where do you live? are you vo talent? I do hate to see a CP veteran leave. Hope all goes well.
As you can see from my listed "location" I live where ever and yes I do voice-over work. Been doing some things for Braden Auditorium at ISU lately for their shows which is pretty cool.

Alton deFlat
11-30-2005, 04:12 PM

Those country stations have lots of commercials for Ford trucks and John Deere tractors. Get to know those folks real well. They might even invite you to their pig roast and cow tippin' contest. It is a country station isn't it?? One that plays a lot of that Tim McGraw fella?

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-30-2005, 04:13 PM
Those country stations have lots of commercials for Ford trucks and John Deere tractors. Get to know those folks real well. They might even invite you to their pig roast and cow tippin' contest. It is a country station isn't it?? One that plays a lot of that Tim McGraw fella?
I'll be selling a CHR (top 40) and an oldies.

Calcountry
11-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Well I don't work for myself at the ad agency. My voice-over business is coming along but not as quickly as I'd hoped. It's a long ass story. That part I'll still get going though.Blessings to you at whatever you do. :)

Iowanian
11-30-2005, 04:15 PM

Sorry man, but that one has been used previously, and unfortunately, its now only designated for use when you're actually Getting your ass handed to you in an arguement.

Proper use is the following:
"Alligators are ornery because they have all them teef and no toofbrush, buttface." -lamMawson
"Thats not true, they have been shown to have an enlarged medula oblongota, no need to be grumpy" -Eyedahoian
"shuddap Eyedahoian, I'm dieing of something very terrible and you're not allowing me to be right, so you're a doodyhead"

HemiEd
Good luck to you and look forward to seeing you back here.

bogie
As you can see from my listed "location" I live where ever and yes I do voice-over work. Been doing some things for Braden Auditorium at ISU lately for their shows which is pretty cool.

I ask because I run a tv post facility (audio and video) and if you were around L.A. I could get your tape heard. Not stalking you.

Calcountry
11-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Hey, good plan! Maybe go chiefs will see this thread and give beer me some wardriving tips and he can post more often. :hmmm:I knew I should have included that in my post, thanks for the touch up. ;)

siberian khatru
11-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Sorry man, but that one has been used previously, and unfortunately, its now only designated for use when you're actually Getting your ass handed to you in an arguement.

Hey, when YOUR SON gets ASS-RAPED in that f*cking Catholic military school just because his DAD'S really his MOM, THEN you can f*cking sling shit at me!

Bwana
11-30-2005, 06:33 PM
congrats on the gig bud........very cool.

ExtremeChief
11-30-2005, 06:42 PM
good

luck

dude

:thumb:

memyselfI
11-30-2005, 06:45 PM
I got a new job today.

Peace.

Congrats on the new job but...

http://cappio.250free.com/xtras/ani_Woman_crying.gif

on you leaving.

milkman
11-30-2005, 06:46 PM
[Skip Towne]Bye Noob[/Skip Towne]

Want I want to know is, what the hell kind of saleman are you if you can't bullshit your way to internet usage on the job?

Good luck anyway!

CosmicPal
11-30-2005, 06:48 PM
You may leave the Planet, but the Planet will never leave you.

Take care, BM.

Extra Point
11-30-2005, 06:50 PM
Good luck, Mike. Nancy still loves you.

memyselfI
11-30-2005, 06:51 PM
You may leave the Planet, but the Planet will never leave you.

Take care, BM.

BM?????????

do we need to name call when he's leaving???

http://www.baidyanath.org/images/26008.jpg

Frankie
11-30-2005, 07:18 PM
Hey Beer Me. Before you leave, maybe you should spend some reps on your favorite planeteers. ;) ;)

Kidding aside. We'll expect you back in a coupla days. Good luck dude.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-01-2005, 08:45 AM
I ask because I run a tv post facility (audio and video) and if you were around L.A. I could get your tape heard. Not stalking you.
I live in Illinois... I appreciate it though.

ptlyon
12-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Good Luck Bro - a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

I know you'll be baaaaaaaack.

RedNFeisty
12-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Congrats on the new job!

If doing outside sales, check with your super, you may need a new laptop to keep up with all the new clients you are going to generate. :)

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Congrats on the new job!

If doing outside sales, check with your super, you may need a new laptop to keep up with all the new clients you are going to generate. :)
It's a laptop that I use everyday actually. I told them that I have it and they told me that's great but a new computer was on it's way anyhow.

Unless the boss is gone when I'm in the office he'll be able to see what I'm doing pretty much all the time.

Goapics1
12-01-2005, 09:31 AM
he'll be able to see what I'm doing pretty much all the time.
Hopefully, you won't be doing what your avatar is doing and get caught.

Congrats, BTW.

patteeu
12-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Good luck in the new job, beer me. Your fun and good natured posts will be missed... temporarily I hope.

RedNFeisty
12-01-2005, 10:07 AM
It's a laptop that I use everyday actually. I told them that I have it and they told me that's great but a new computer was on it's way anyhow.

Unless the boss is gone when I'm in the office he'll be able to see what I'm doing pretty much all the time.

Um...laptops go everywhere, why just use it in the office!?!

chagrin
12-01-2005, 10:18 AM
There she is, Beer Me, aren't you going to miss out on Red -n- Clint's ass eating posts?