PDA

View Full Version : Maryland MBB Coach Disses KU Fans

irishjayhawk
11-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Yesterday from Comcast Center
BY THE NUMBERS
17:36 Between turnovers in the second half for Maryland, which surrendered possession only six times in the first 39 minutes. Three of those turnovers came on charges.
PLAY OF THE GAME
Maryland's final basket might have been its most exciting. Mike Jones passed from the right side to center Will Bowers. The 7-foot-1 center soared in from the wing and delivered a one-handed jam to give the Terps an 88-54 lead and send the fans who remained into a frenzy.
QUOTABLE
"We live in a metropolitan area. See, we're not playing in Lawrence, Kansas. We're playing in Washington, D.C., in the nation's capital, so people have a lot of things to do with their time besides come to see us play Nicholls State."
-- Maryland coach Gary Williams on the crowd, which filled about two-thirds of Comcast Center's capacity. Williams cited students' Thanksgiving break, an NCAA tournament soccer game on campus and a Redskins game as reasons for the unusually sparse crowd.
--Patrick Stevens# (http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20051128-124831-2347r.htm)

WilliamTheIrish
11-30-2005, 05:58 PM
He's right.

Braincase
11-30-2005, 06:01 PM
...hang out with Marion Berry.... ... get shot at ... ... get cruised by Barney Frank...

WilliamTheIrish
11-30-2005, 06:10 PM
...hang out with Marion Berry.... ... get shot at ... ... get cruised by Barney Frank...

Now I KNOW you've traveled a great deal and that's just a weak caricature of the area.

While the chances of getting shot in Larry - and even...dare I say it stabbed?- are lower, you could easily get cruised by a Barney Frank look alike. :)

Garcia Bronco
11-30-2005, 06:14 PM
They don't always play at the MCI Center....they play in that crap whole known as college park.

Brock
11-30-2005, 06:21 PM
East coasters are so fuggin funny.

Boozer
11-30-2005, 06:23 PM
Barney Frank look alike

BrainCase in twenty years?

[/ducks]

WilliamTheIrish
11-30-2005, 06:44 PM
BrainCase in twenty years?

[/ducks]

Dude, you are so killing me.

We gotta play a round of golf sometime this spring.

DJay23
11-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Kemper isn't filled to the rafters when we play there (excluding tournaments) from what I remember. It's fair to say, that fans don't necessarily travel to other sites as often, but don't insinuate that because KU fans are loyal they are also somehow simple people that, "jus' ain't got nuthin better ta do."

Oh, and **** that guy.

Boozer
11-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Dude, you are so killing me.

We gotta play a round of golf sometime this spring.

Defintely. I'll hold you to that.

NLU Tailgater
11-30-2005, 08:28 PM
Did he seriously quote a soccer game as a reason not to attend? No, sorry Gary that does not count.

I love that B. Self doesn't use the whole "middle of nowhere" excuse for recruiting anymore. Roy milked that excuse for missing out on some big timers and signing guys like Ashante Johnson, Omar Wilkes, and Mouylaye.

no offense to current players from Senegal, West Africa with a chronic bad back and a 1.0 pts. per game average.

ArrowheadHawk
11-30-2005, 09:43 PM
does the east coast think we take horse drawn carriages to the game?

Spicy McHaggis
11-30-2005, 10:03 PM
does the east coast think we take horse drawn carriages to the game?

Hell no. According to them we haven't even invented the wheel yet.

irishjayhawk
11-30-2005, 11:45 PM
ROFL

Tactical Funky
12-01-2005, 01:28 AM
Yeah we have. It's on 14th street. :)

SLAG
12-01-2005, 02:40 AM
Yeah we have. It's on 14th street. :)

Yes it is

DeepPurple
12-01-2005, 02:34 PM
They don't always play at the MCI Center....they play in that crap whole known as college park.
Bronco, you've got the venues mixed up. The MCI Center is in downtown Washington and it did replace the old Cap Center out next to the beltway, however it's the Washington Capitols and the Wizards that play at the MCI Center. The Maryland Terrapins, unless there is a tournament, play on campus at the new Comcast Center as mentioned in the article. The Comcast Center replaced the Cole Fieldhouse, also on campus and was the site of their games previously. College Park is the name of the Maryland city the university and Comcast Center are located.