PDA

View Full Version : Colts pumping in crowd noise?

tk13
11-30-2005, 09:46 PM
This is the big time hot topic on the Colts board today. Apparently ESPN reporter Ed Werder was at the MNF game the other night, and he went on the Dan Patrick show today and said he believed the Colts were pumping crowd noise through the speakers in the RCA Dome when the Steelers were on offense. Apparently the Colts, Dungy specifically, have denied it, we'll see if anything comes of it I guess... but I'll contribute to the baseless rumor creating...

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127439

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127494

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127511

ArrowheadHawk
11-30-2005, 09:47 PM
that would be dirty....what is it with teams that have horse logos

Valiant
11-30-2005, 09:51 PM
If you can get away with it... I have learned do it..

Bugeater
11-30-2005, 10:28 PM
I've been to the Metrodome a couple of times, it gets so loud in there nothing coming out of the speakers can be heard anyway. Non-story IMO.

grandllama
11-30-2005, 10:30 PM
The only thing I can add to this conversation is, I've been to several games at the dome, and it sounded louder on tv than I have EVER heard it... Pre Payton / Post Payton... unless the Colts were playing Dallas or the Chiefs, in which the opposing teams fans were always louder than the home team fans... maybe they are finally learning to yell, maybe there were a lot of steeler fans, or maybe something more sinister...

cdcox
11-30-2005, 10:32 PM
RCADomeLouder has been posting on ColtsInsider

Delano
11-30-2005, 10:40 PM
I've been to the Metrodome a couple of times, it gets so loud in there nothing coming out of the speakers can be heard anyway. Non-story IMO.

I was at the last Chiefs @ Vikings game and could clearly hear the sounds system at the highest cheering decibles. It was so incredibly loud when they played their stupid sound effects that my ear drums nearly exploded.

I have been to many Twins games in MN and it sounds much better than Vikings games. Whoever does the music for the football in the metrodome should be replaced.

|Zach|
11-30-2005, 10:53 PM
RCADomeLouder has been posting on ColtsInsiderROFL

Halfcan
12-01-2005, 12:13 AM
I also heard Payton was pumping James and making noise. God I hate the smug perfect little Colts. They are doomed to go down in flames in the playoffs as long as they don't get the choke Broncos again.

Spicy McHaggis
12-01-2005, 12:24 AM
The Colts fans need all the help they can get. I swear I saw someone sleeping during a game last year. And it wasn't against the Texans.

jidar
12-01-2005, 12:25 AM
It was incredibly loud coming out of my TV. It was drowning out Madden and Michaels a lot.
One thing I didn't get though was the times it was loud when the home offense was on the field. I told my wife that dome must be full of a bunch of noobs.

Bugeater
12-01-2005, 12:25 AM
I was at the last Chiefs @ Vikings game and could clearly hear the sounds system at the highest cheering decibles. It was so incredibly loud when they played their stupid sound effects that my ear drums nearly exploded.

I have been to many Twins games in MN and it sounds much better than Vikings games. Whoever does the music for the football in the metrodome should be replaced.

Maybe in a blowout vs the Chiefs, but when I went to the Packers/Vikes game that was absolutely the loudest I've ever heard anywhere I've been. Hell, they were probably amplifiying the crowd noise there too. You could scream at the absolute top of you lungs and not hear yourself. And yes, the sound system is horrid, they play it so loud and it just echoes, you can't tell if they're playing hip-hop, metal, or whatever. It's just noise. Pretty happenin' place to watch a game when it's 25 degrees out though, I have to give them that.

Halfcan
12-01-2005, 12:38 AM
Fug the Vikings and the Colts. Colts fans are like the Cowboys fans of their glory days. Emmitt would run one in to a few hoorahs and a short golf clap. The Chiefs fans at the game I was at were much louder. They always are, even without crowd noise coming through the speakers. Except the ones leaving in the third quarter. Don't go to the game if you don't want to cheer to the end.

KcMizzou
12-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Except the ones leaving in the third quarter. Don't go to the game if you don't want to cheer to the end. The ones that leave early are spoiled. They just don't know how lucky they have it. Games at Arrowhead are a rare (and special) thing for a lot of us.

greg63
12-01-2005, 01:32 AM
Those dirty dolts, they're as bad as the donks!

KcMizzou
12-01-2005, 01:33 AM
Those dirty dolts, they're as bad as the donks! Pffft... nahhhhh

RedDread
12-09-2005, 03:31 AM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/NAD12212042243.jpg

tk13
12-09-2005, 03:34 AM
Heheh... I have to admit that's pretty good.

Ultra Peanut
12-09-2005, 03:39 AM
That guy must either be really ugly or have a warrant out for his arrest.

Reerun_KC
12-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Actually I believe this is true. I have family that live in Indy and are Colt fans. They said up until this year or maybe last, that they couldnt sell out the VCR dome. They said they still have no trouble getting tickets and they have to be pumping in the crowd noise, cause it is a very big whine and cheese crowd and that they still done sell out very often....

My uncle went to a game up there about a month ago and said it Arrowhead is twice the stadium that the VCR Dome is.... We went to the Colts/Chiefs in Arrowhead last year. He went this year to compare the difference. He was so dissappointed with the VCR Dome. He said it was pretty loud in there but didnt see alot of people cheering or screaming... It made him wonder? We talked about this over T-Day break and now the media is catching wind? Interesting!

greg63
12-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Pffft... nahhhhh

Yea, I know. I just like sayin dolts and donks. Hehe! :D

teedubya
12-10-2005, 03:46 AM
RCADomeLouder has been posting on ColtsInsider

solid.

tk13
12-15-2005, 01:13 AM
Hahahaha....

---------------------

Vikings | Tice says league warned teams on piping in noise
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:18:07 -0800

Joe Bendel, of the Tribune-Review, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice said the NFL sent out a memo to all teams warning against piping in crowd noise to distract the opposition. The memo sent Wednesday, Dec. 14, threatened fines or the loss of draft choices as a penalty for manufacturing crowd noise.

Amnorix
12-15-2005, 06:49 AM
I heard (read or heard on radio) from an NFL guy that all the dome teams do it, but there's nothing you can really do about it.

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 09:47 AM
I heard (read or heard on radio) from an NFL guy that all the dome teams do it, but there's nothing you can really do about it.
We could slit their bag and run their leg through it.

bkkcoh
12-15-2005, 09:50 AM
It was incredibly loud coming out of my TV. It was drowning out Madden and Michaels a lot.
One thing I didn't get though was the times it was loud when the home offense was on the field. I told my wife that dome must be full of a bunch of noobs.

You talk like drowning out those 2 was a bad thing.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-15-2005, 11:27 AM
It's funny how the Colts have so many far weather fans. Until this year I have never seen so many Colt fans. They come out of the wood work when they are playing good. Wonder what they will do once the lose in the playoffs.