PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens

ct
12-01-2005, 08:50 AM
These guys are very similar. Media starved, need that attention to stroke the ego. Difference being, CJ seems to know how to do it and be funny. TO is just a punk-ass bitch!

I found a couple tidbits re: Chad Johnson today, was ROFL!

~ From Rotoworld player news/notes:

WR Chad Johnson wore a Steelers "Terrible Towel" as a bib in front of reporters Wednesday. "I was eating lunch and I just didn't want to get my shirt dirty," Johnson said.

~ From FootballGuys Random Shots:

I'm still loving Chad Johnson. He said that he called up Marvin Lewis
late at night because he couldn't sleep. He asked Lewis what he was
doing. Lewis said, "I'm just thinking about ways to get you the ball,
Chad." Johnson said he could go to sleep after that.

Mark M
12-01-2005, 09:00 AM
I really, REALLY want to hate CJ ... but am finding it hard to do.

The dude can run some A-list smack.

MM
~~ROFL

Hammock Parties
12-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Chad's a team player. Last year, or the year before, can't remember which, he slept at the team's facility for the entire football season.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Chad's a team player. Last year, or the year before, can't remember which, he slept at the team's facility for the entire football season.

That right there is the difference. Chad really wants his team to win. In interviews all year he has constantly been talking about his team as well as himself. There is nothing wrong with self promotion, if you get the bigger picture, which in this case is he wants his team to win.

Rain Man
12-01-2005, 09:08 AM
I mentioned this on another thread, but I feel the same way. Yeah, he's got a mouth on him, but the stuff he does is always aimed at smacking the other team or getting in the heads of opponents. That's way different than complaining about money or your own stats.

I've got no issue with Chad Johnson.

Rain Man
12-01-2005, 09:08 AM
(Addition to previous post.) Well, other than the weak touchdown celebrations.

Mark M
12-01-2005, 09:10 AM

C'mon ... the putting the football last week was kinda cool.

Sure as hell better than the worm, and about eleventy bajillion times better than that ghey Mile High Salute.

MM
~~:)

Rain Man
12-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Okay, you're comparing it to the Worm and the Mile High Salute. Defecating in the end zone would rank higher than the Worm and the Mile High Salute.

Idahored
12-01-2005, 09:18 AM
CJ is Jerry Rice with a loud mouth. Like Jerry he does everything he can to be the best and I appreciate that. Like others said, he is a team player and that makes up for his mouth.

I really dislike mouthy, self-promoting players and would not want any on the Chiefs. Any that is except CJ. I'd take him in a second. He is the type of player that makes all those around him better.

Mark M
12-01-2005, 09:21 AM
Okay, you're comparing it to the Worm and the Mile High Salute. Defecating in the end zone would rank higher than the Worm and the Mile High Salute.

I bet Tatum Bell (who I'm sure is the next Barry Sanders) will come up with that one.

He'll call it the Pile High Salute ... or maybe the Denver Defecation ... or, to keep it simple, the "Elway."

MM
~~Raiduhs

Prince22
12-01-2005, 09:24 AM
If I recall CJ said he wasn't going to hold out of training camp for a new contract because his team mates needed him out there. Said his play would get his contract and everything would take care of itself.

jidar
Chad Johnson has figured out how to promote himself without alienating people. As others have said the main thing is he emphasizes his team, he's not the type that is going to go to the media and say his QB sucks.
I respect the guy and I would be thrilled to see him in a Chiefs uniform.

Katipan
I love Chad Johnson's antics.

But he guaranteed that they'd beat us during our last 13-3 season. And it came true.

Where the **** was that guarantee against Indy?

No. It switched to "they won't stop me" or something like that.

Bastard. It's all his fault.

chagrin
12-01-2005, 09:26 AM
That's the difference, Chad at least respects his team, coach and coworkers. Terrell could never understand what that means

Frosty
12-01-2005, 09:51 AM
No way those two should be mentioned in the same breath, except when talking about great receivers. CJ is a team player and never trashes his teammates. His smack is clearly in fun.

Besides, he's a Beaver (as is TJ Houshmandzedah) and that makes him tops in my eyes. :thumb:

Sure-Oz
12-01-2005, 09:53 AM
id take CJ in a heartbeat he is getting better and better, and he isnt a total moron like TO. Team is def, his motto.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2005, 09:53 AM
But he guaranteed that they'd beat us during our last 13-3 season. And it came true.

For that ****ing game I hope we beat the snot out of them at Arrowhead.

jynni
12-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Awwwww - I kinda liked the "Riverdance" jig...

Rain Man
12-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Okay, yeah. The riverdance thing worked. The putting thing was a bit contrived.

I wonder if Terrell Owens is spending his time coming up with new celebrations?

wildcat09
12-01-2005, 10:02 AM
cj is a bad mother. he talks smack, backs it up and he truely cares about his team. he puts the team first. he is the most dominating wr in the league right now. i really liked the idea of the list of db's he was going to face during the season. he does all the right things. you just keep being you cj and we will see you jan. 1.

morphius
12-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Yeah, I have had Chad on my FF team since his first year and have kept him every year. At first I was afraid the guy was really going to be a punk, but the fact that he was able to deal with a rookie QB last year who played pretty horrible with a guy that did some damn good things with the team riding the bench without raising a huge stink says a lot about where he stands on things.

KCChiefsMan
12-01-2005, 10:59 AM
the only similarity is that Chad Johnson and TO both do crazy TD celebrations. Chad Johnson is a team player, he isn't going to call out the coaches or the QB. I still love the river dance CJ did! classic

ChiefsfaninPA
12-01-2005, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=KCChiefsMan] Chad Johnson is a team player, he isn't going to call out the coaches or the QB.

And that sums it up. Chad and Carson seem to get along well on the field and off. That is going to be a great duo for some years to come.

Alton deFlat
12-01-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm liking Chad Johnson more and more too. The mock proposal to the cheerleader, following the TD in the Indy game, was classic.