PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks "blackballed"

Bob Dole
12-04-2005, 10:26 AM
What an idiotic decision.

"You ran your mouth Holmgren, so we're not going to review the officials' work in your next 2 games."

What the hell does that accomplish? And what about their next two opponents?

morphius
12-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Where is this from? 'Cause that may be the dumbest thing I have heard in 2 days.

DaFace
12-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Umm...that is completely idiotic. He should be fined, like any player is fined when the piss off the NFL. All this does is essentially say, "because you messed up, we're not going to do our best to make sure the game is called right." Ugh.

Bob Dole
12-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Where is this from? 'Cause that may be the dumbest thing I have heard in 2 days.
Mortensen on ESPN.

morphius
12-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Mortensen on ESPN.
Damn, if they tried this on Al Davis, you could be damn sure they would sue.

Of course for saying this I would take video to the public and say, see, here the ref blew the call, for the next couple weeks.

Chief Roundup
12-04-2005, 11:04 AM
The NFL just told everyone that if you openly complain about their contractors that they have no real control over then they won't even ask the contractors to review the game footage to allow the NFL to send out an apology that is worth a piece of toilet paper.
It would interesting to know if they change the crew that is suppose to call the game.

beavis
12-04-2005, 11:14 AM
What an idiotic decision.

"You ran your mouth Holmgren, so we're not going to review the officials' work in your next 2 games."

What the hell does that accomplish? And what about their next two opponents?
From what I've seen and heard, about all it accomplished anyway was an under the table apology from the league.

Skip Towne
12-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Been offline, huh?

Skip Towne
12-04-2005, 11:17 AM
The NFL just told everyone that if you openly complain about their contractors that they have no real control over then they won't even ask the contractors to review the game footage to allow the NFL to send out an apology that is worth a piece of toilet paper.
It would interesting to know if they change the crew that is suppose to call the game.
A times, toilet paper is very important.

FringeNC
12-04-2005, 11:19 AM
I believe it. Tagliabue is a ****.

Chief Roundup
12-04-2005, 11:20 AM
A times, toilet paper is very important.
Yeah paper towels, napkins, are a little rough.

RINGLEADER
12-04-2005, 11:47 AM
What a f**ktard idea...this is the kind of thing that will bite the NFL in the azz if it turns out to change the outcome of a game.

:shake:

schneider221
12-04-2005, 11:59 AM
they will still review calls during a game.... its on monday when they go over all teh game tapes and they see a call that was missed they will not send out an apology like that have before... the league isnt that dumb to cut replays out of the game

Bob Dole
12-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Bob Dole just doesn't see the point. The only thing it's going to accomplish is giving the Seahawks officiating crews a free ride for two weeks with no potential to negatively impact their ability to carry on their shitty officiating during the playoffs.

It's not like the teams actually get anything tangible from the review, anyway.