PDA

View Full Version : 3rd and Short, Season on the Line - you give it to Dee effin Brown

Hoover
12-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Worst call I have ever seen. I know it all worked out, but Christ take a time out.

Dunit35
12-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I was like WTF are you doing. Johnson couldnt give it his all though. I wouldve given it to TR.

cdcox
12-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Squanders nickname is well earned.

Hoover
12-04-2005, 06:44 PM
I would have taken a timeout, or gave it to Trich

Earthling
12-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Or T Richardson at the least...

Deberg_1990
Johnson looked extremely winded after the run before that. Im guessing thats why he came out.

Earthling
Or T Richardson at the least...
Ugh...What Hoover said...

dilligaf
12-04-2005, 06:49 PM
I was throwing a fit also. JEEEEZZZ Give it Richardson at least. :cuss:

KCinNY
12-04-2005, 06:50 PM
I would have taken a timeout, or gave it to Trich

Yeah, when I saw LJ on the bench I fully expected the quick trap to TRich, not a slow devoloping run to a practice squad guy.

Hoover
12-04-2005, 06:51 PM
If only we had Sam Gado....

I thought for sure we would go down by 3 after that call. Thank God we didn't

Chan93lx50
12-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Dumbest call of the year! WTF I am still shaking my head over that!

Dark Horse
12-04-2005, 06:55 PM
I thought for sure when Brown came in Green would throw it. I guess A.S. thought Denver would think that too.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-04-2005, 07:16 PM
That was a STUPID STUPID call. Take the f*ckin timeout give to LJ. Dee Brown? I almost choked on my beer when I saw that.

KCFANinNC
12-04-2005, 07:27 PM
I could not believe it...I thought it was going to be FB dive.

KevB
12-04-2005, 07:43 PM
That was unforgivable. DV delegates to all of the coordinators, thus giving him the ability during the game to see "the big picture". If that's not a big picture decision, I don't know what is. I would have used all three timeouts in succession if that's what it took to get LJ his wind back.

JBucc
12-04-2005, 07:47 PM
I would rather have Green ran it outside like he did in earlier

OldTownChief
12-04-2005, 07:49 PM
I bout came unglued when I saw that. DV admitted after the game that it was a mistake and he should have called the TO.

DTLB58
12-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Worst call I have ever seen. I know it all worked out, but Christ take a time out.

I agree, I was thinking even taking a TO to let LJ catch his breath even though it would have stopped the clock when we were trying to run it out, still. A bootleg and Trent could have picked up the yard.

chappy
12-04-2005, 07:52 PM
they showed DV face after that play was ran and he didn't look happy he was shaking his head and bitching in to the headset i think he thought lj was still in when the play was ran

tk13
12-04-2005, 07:54 PM
That was definitely the one big mistake... really other than that I thought our coaches had a pretty good game.

I just don't think they were prepared for LJ to take himself out in that situation... I imagine everybody's learned their lesson so it doesn't happen again though. Although I guess hopefully that situation doesn't come up too many times. LJ hasn't had to carry the load like this quite yet, we probably should be working Dee Brown in there a time or two earlier in the game like we used to with Blaylock.

Sure-Oz
12-04-2005, 07:57 PM
I would've trusted TRICH more he guarantees 1 yard usually lol. LJ was way too out of it to u could tell.

jettio
12-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Jim Brown would not have made the first down on that play.

Having Dee Brown run it only made it more of a wtf play. At that point in the game while Denver still had timeouts, they were going to sell out for the running play to the left.

On the play before LJ was more concerned about staying in bounds and not getting the first down. I think he will learn from that. I think he could have dragged Ferguson another yard if he did not give himself up to stay in bounds.

morphius
12-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Basically from what DV said. LJ took himself out of the game calling for Brown to go into the game, the OC, HC didn't notice until the play had been called, because they didn't call LJ to come out. He said their run D blitz worked perfectly, and Hercules probably wouldn't have gotten it.

morphius
12-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Jim Brown would not have made the first down on that play.

Having Dee Brown run it only made it more of a wtf play. At that point in the game while Denver still had timeouts, they were going to sell out for the running play to the left.

On the play before LJ was more concerned about staying in bounds and not getting the first down. I think he will learn from that. I think he could have dragged Ferguson another yard if he did not give himself up to stay in bounds.
Staying in was the most important thing IMO.

Pitt Gorilla
12-04-2005, 08:10 PM
I was upset when the play was run. That being said, if you can't trust your backup RB to make a play once in a while, you're in trouble. A run up the gut probably wouldn't have gained the yard either. The Donx were selling out to stop the run.

Skip Towne
12-04-2005, 08:10 PM
That was unforgivable. DV delegates to all of the coordinators, thus giving him the ability during the game to see "the big picture". If that's not a big picture decision, I don't know what is. I would have used all three timeouts in succession if that's what it took to get LJ his wind back.
Me too. It was crunch time. That's what TO's are for. That is a great example of why I don't want Saunders for our HC. He makes bad decisions in great quantities. No thanks.

Calcountry
12-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Worst call I have ever seen. I know it all worked out, but Christ take a time out.agreed, give LJ the time to suck some wind, and get back out there.