PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson quotes

Hammock Parties
12-04-2005, 08:08 PM
This guy is such an asshole. He's T.O. Part 2.

Chiefs-Broncos - Postgame Quotes - LJ
Dec 04, 2005, 7:14:12 PM

On the game: “We kept in it with the run. We were getting shut down at times, but those guys on the offensive line are so fired up, Brian Waters and Casey Wiegmann, about getting the ball up the field and we started pounding them more and more. The more we got excited [the more] the defense got pumped up and we started making big runs.

“It was a special game for me, especially against this type of defense. Everybody including the media expects me to fold and think that their linebacking crew was going to shut us down. Our offensive line did a great job of getting in a rhythm and getting us going.

On wearing gloves today when earlier saying he was not going to: “I was really contemplating it. The ball wasn’t so hard. As the wind went on and the sun was going to go down, that ball was going to be as hard as a rock. I wanted to make sure that I kept it secure and make sure when it came down to a game like this that I didn’t fumble.”

On whether or not this team is gelling: “I think so. Everybody’s coming together. We’re all rooting for each other, no one is getting down and blaming and pointing fingers. I’m just so proud of Gunther Cunningham because he and I have talked years on top of years getting our final respect and due. I’m just proud of the defense. I’m more proud of the defense than I am of the offense. The defense played with a lot of heart. They have been taking a lot of shots all season and the last couple years that I’ve been here. Those guys really stepped up and answered the call.”

On Denver’s fourth down run, did you think he was short? “I had doubts. When you go up in there, even for a running back, you don’t get turned sideways. It’s hard to give you first down when you get turned sideways. He [Denver RB Mike Anderson] really didn’t keep his feet or get any forward leaning. I was happy that he got stopped.”

On today’s victory: “Eddie Kennison and Samie Parker blocked their butts off. The offensive line, those guys love to block and run block. Tony Richardson has done such an awesome job of lead blocking for me. Everybody has an effort in the run, knowing that they were the best run defense in the league. To come out and show that type of effort, I’m proud of them.”

On him showing patience on some of his runs today: “That kind of shocked me, because that’s not really my thing, or my character. I felt I was out of character bouncing out, and after awhile I got comfortable with it. Of course, on that last touchdown, I had it, was being patient and keeping with it, really frightening myself. I was saying ‘Stay out there, stay out there and don’t turn it back in there.’ There was a time I would have turned inside and gotten tackled. But I had patience and came out there with the rest of the boys.”

RINGLEADER
12-04-2005, 08:11 PM
???

Of wait, you forgot the [/sarcasm] right?

KCChiefsMan
12-04-2005, 08:12 PM
I don't think he really said anything that bad :hmmm:

Chromatic
12-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Seems humble enough.

4/5 on the coolness.

the Talking Can
12-04-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm repeating myself... but those are good quotes...all about the team, and even a little honesty about this running style...

headsnap
12-04-2005, 08:15 PM
I don't think he really said anything that bad :hmmm:

sarcasm by goatcheeze ;)

Hammock Parties
It's clear LJ just wants out of Kansas City.

SHUT UP AND RUN, TROLL!

KcMizzou
Yeah... that was sarcasm, I''m sure.

I’m just so proud of Gunther Cunningham because he and I have talked years on top of years getting our final respect and due. Do Gun and LJ go way back or something?

Mars72
I'm not sure I understand. Sounded fine to me.

Sure-Oz
12-04-2005, 08:17 PM
just shutup and run lj dont talk about how your team is jelling or hwatever idiot!!!

ChiefsCountry
It was scarsam.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
nice quotes

Duck Dog
12-04-2005, 08:39 PM
That is exactly what we need to hear.

Skip Towne
12-04-2005, 09:27 PM
That LJ is such an asshole. I hope we dump him..................in about 15 years.

Frankie
12-04-2005, 09:36 PM
On whether or not this team is gelling: “I think so. Everybody’s coming together. We’re all rooting for each other, no one is getting down and blaming and pointing fingers. I’m just so proud of Gunther Cunningham because he and I have talked years on top of years getting our final respect and due. I’m just proud of the defense. I’m more proud of the defense than I am of the offense. The defense played with a lot of heart. They have been taking a lot of shots all season and the last couple years that I’ve been here. Those guys really stepped up and answered the call.”
Admittedly, I haven't been THAT big a fan of LJ. But those are the words of a TEAM LEADER.

Saul Good
12-04-2005, 09:38 PM
What a dick. I hate him and so do you.

Halfcan
12-04-2005, 09:39 PM
I heard his interview word for word from Bob Gretz, and he didnt sound like an asshole like he usually does.

Tactical Funky
12-04-2005, 09:40 PM
This is good news. It seems LJ is not only more comfortable with himself but feels more like a part of the team. I don't believe I've ever heard him so complimentary of his peers before, and maybe that icy personality has thawed a bit at the realization that he is part of something larger than himself.

siberian khatru
12-04-2005, 09:41 PM
On getting his 1,000th yard for the season: "They didn't even stop the game and have a ceremony and hand me the ball, like they do at every other stadium. I mean, I guess that's just Kansas City, you know? I look up in the stands and see all these white Republican dudes with goatees and wearing No. 37 jerseys not giving me my props."

QuikSsurfer
12-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Hell i still like the guy. Some kind words there

QuikSsurfer
12-04-2005, 09:44 PM
What a dick. I hate him and so do you.

yeah but he sure is helping this chiefs team win some games.. and i love him for that.

headsnap
12-04-2005, 09:46 PM
yeah but he sure is helping this chiefs team win some games.. and i love him for that.

wow, you are so incredibly stupid! :shake:

QuikSsurfer
12-04-2005, 09:46 PM
On getting his 1,000th yard for the season: "They didn't even stop the game and have a ceremony and hand me the ball, like they do at every other stadium. I mean, I guess that's just Kansas City, you know? I look up in the stands and see all these white Republican dudes with goatees and wearing No. 37 jerseys not giving me my props."

lol should be a snickers commercial

QuikSsurfer
12-04-2005, 09:47 PM
wow, you are so incredibly stupid! :shake:

at least i'm not stupid. You're stupid. You're a stupid dick. Don't ruin this thread.. i already have a rant thread going :)

Saul Good
12-04-2005, 09:55 PM
We cooled his heart with a warm island song...no wait...we warmed his icy heart with a cool island song...now I'm confused...we cooled his frozen heart with a warm island song...nevermind. He's a dick. I hate him and so do you.

unlurking
12-04-2005, 10:04 PM
god dammit!!!!

Somebody better send him some more nasty mail, I want him running MAD dammit!

:p

digi2fish
12-04-2005, 10:23 PM
...I would say much more offend words to the doncos...
ROFL

plbrdude
12-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Yeah... that was sarcasm, I''m sure.

Do Gun and LJ go way back or something?

obviously years on top of years. probly goes way back to when lj was in high school, and gunther was prowling for some defensive advice, or something like that.

Pitt Gorilla
12-04-2005, 10:40 PM
Me, me, me, blah, blah, blah.

Skip Towne
12-04-2005, 10:44 PM
I hope LJ goes in the stands and kicks your ass. Yeah, I'm talking about YOU. With the big mouth. All of you.