PDA

View Full Version : Things that frighten me

Tinlar
12-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Today we showed well the kind of team we are. This was the best game I’ve watched all year and I’m in Austin so I’ve seen most of the Dallas last minute games.

That being said when I saw Trent end a scramble with his shoulder instead of a slide my heart stopped. Then later I saw Larry stand up holding his wrist and almost became a born again Christian with the types of prayers I was sending up. Neither caused any problems for us but it made me realize some things. We have some serious dept issues at not only one but many key positions on Offense. I dare say the only spot I’m comfortable with our depth at is Tight End.

Add to that, most of the offense is getting older. Man I hope this is our year because I don’t see us rebuilding the offense as fast as we are going to need to in order to sustain this level of performance for many more years.

Thought?

Saul Good
12-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Snakes, ghosts, and Rosie O'Donnell...not necessarily in that order.

Deberg_1990
12-04-2005, 09:57 PM
We have some serious dept issues at not only one but many key positions on Offense.

You could say this about basically any team in the league. San Diego without Tomlinson? Indy without Manning??

Dunit35
12-04-2005, 09:58 PM
We dont rebuild, we reload.

keg in kc
12-04-2005, 09:58 PM
The key to the future is finding a replacement for Roaf. I think that's the real extent of the "rebuilding" we'll face. The defense is young, all under contract for a while, and will only get better. There are a number of young players on the offense. I think Roaf is really the only irreplaceable guy we have (and that includes Shields, who hasn't had what I'd consider a good year). Green should be good for another 2 seasons (although I think we need to start grooming the next). So...whatever it takes, if that means trading for someone or drafting a tackle in the first.

However, a lot depends on the coaching staff turnover. If we're installing new systems on O and D, there will be a period of adjustment, and it won't be pretty.

Tinlar
12-04-2005, 10:03 PM
I think soon we will be saying our good byes to our Fullback, Quarterback, #1 Receiver, the heart of our O-Line and Priest. The only one that I’m not worried about is Priest, though he can run for us at least as a back up for as many seasons as he wants as far as I’m concerned.