PDA

View Full Version : The Planet is being called out.... (the war begins?)

Pages : [1] 2 3

grandllama
12-05-2005, 02:53 AM
Geez, what a bunch of jackasses... Their combined membership of oh, about 32 have their panties in a wad calling us a shithole, worthless board... the two in this thread were giving Phobs the most grief about CP being a foul mouthed, non football talking, smutfest and then they let loose with this sewage

http://mb27.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=7065.topic

I'm offended enough to not join over there, but pissed off enough to join and start a classic night crew thread...

tk13
12-05-2005, 02:57 AM
I wouldn't waste my time on them. I was surprised at how poorly they viewed us, but whatever. Chiefs won, I'm happy.

The Bad Guy
12-05-2005, 02:57 AM
What a pack of losers, lead by someone who wouldn't know journalism if it bit him in the ass.

We are foul mouthed? That tampon string called us mother ****ers. What a hypocritical pile of shit.

grandllama
12-05-2005, 02:58 AM
What a pack of losers, lead by someone who wouldn't know journalism if it bit him in the ass.

We are foul mouthed? That tampon string called us mother ****ers. What a hypocritical pile of shit.

You notice that our filthy cesspool actually censors the word mother****ers...

Pants
12-05-2005, 03:01 AM
Bwahahahahahahahaha. AHAHAHAHAHA.

Wow, they really feel threatened by us. I haven't seen shit like that since what's his face pie-eating veteran's posts.

Miles
12-05-2005, 03:03 AM
Bwahahahahahahahaha. AHAHAHAHAHA.

Wow, they really feel threatened by us. I haven't seen shit like that since what's his face pie-eating veteran's posts.

I want some pie. Never mind, some tacos and shit would be better.

tk13
12-05-2005, 03:03 AM
ROFL That's a great quote in your signature Metro. There was a play like that today... I forget exactly what it was but I remember Trent being out there looking for a block and thinking "Oh crap, he's gonna go kill somebody" but it never materialized.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 03:05 AM
Those guys will NEVER have a cool feature like THIS WEEK IN CHIEFS HISTORY.

Miles
12-05-2005, 03:06 AM
You notice that our filthy cesspool actually censors the word mother****ers...

Guess they like to censor shit and shit and stuff. Wonder how that place would like a late night BS/ drinkin thread.

tk13
12-05-2005, 03:07 AM
Those guys will NEVER have a cool feature like THIS WEEK IN CHIEFS HISTORY.
There's what I'll do. Go over there and start that up. Only I'll refer to the history the way I want to remember it... like when we beat the Colts in 95, or went to the Super Bowl in 93.

Rain Man
12-05-2005, 03:09 AM
I have no idea who these people are, but I like the little "censored" sign that they use.

12-05-2005, 03:20 AM
Geez, what a bunch of jackasses... Their combined membership of oh, about 32 have their panties in a wad calling us a shithole, worthless board... the two in this thread were giving Phobs the most grief about CP being a foul mouthed, non football talking, smutfest and then they let loose with this sewage

http://mb27.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=7065.topic

I'm offended enough to not join over there, but pissed off enough to join and start a classic night crew thread...

What the heck was THAT about? Talk about getting their panties in a bunch. Jeez!!!:shake:

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 03:30 AM
TO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8528/ttt09439wb.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

RedDread
12-05-2005, 03:38 AM
Xtremeone or whatever cracks me the hell up. PastorMikH put it best over there:

I gotta wage in here. Calling it how I'm seeing it, Extreme is upset because his top-dog status is taken away. Also, he's talking like a chaffed poster that got his shorts in a bunch and left the Planet. Extreme, give Phil some time and you'll see he's doing a decent job. Also CP is still alive and well and had about as many posts in one thread today that this place had all day so please quit talking about it like it is no more. The beauty of a BB is that you can choose what threads you look at and which ones you pass up. My Chiefsplanet experience isn't bad because I choose which threads I read and pass on the rest.

Give Phil some time. Listen to him and he'll turn this place around. Give him crap and I guarantee he can make your posting miserable and have everyone laughing at you in the process.

ROFL I'm sorry but that is funny chit, and absolutely true.

:deevee: I'm a control freak Nazi mod who lords over the 12 posters in my shit-pit of a board. Now I've been replaced by someone with a little vision and a bigger e-peen than me and I feel threatened! Wonder Bitch powers activate! :deevee:

Ultra Peanut
12-05-2005, 04:04 AM
BOSEWOLF

why you did changing your name

keg in kc
12-05-2005, 04:31 AM
You know, the more we talk about them, the more Athan gets what he wants. Let them have their little world, and we'll have ours. Everybody's happy.

Ultra Peanut
12-05-2005, 04:38 AM
You know, the more we talk about them, the more Athan gets what he wants. Let them have their little world, and we'll have ours. Everybody's happy.Except TheXtremeOne and MississippiChiefsFan. ROFL

RedDread
12-05-2005, 04:40 AM
BOSEWOLF

why you did changing your name

Eh, I never really did anything under that username to attract attention so I didn't think it'd be a big deal.

And generic homer usernames rock!

Pants
12-05-2005, 04:41 AM
Except TheXtremeOne and MississippiChiefsFan. ROFL

ROFL

Spott
12-05-2005, 05:23 AM
I've never heard of their board. With the planet around, why use another board?

the Talking Can
12-05-2005, 05:38 AM
As long as you keep it clean and don't attack other posters, I don't care what you do. But we won't allow smut and attacks, regardless if you don't mean anything from it.

lmao

that is difference between the boards...we like fun things like smut and personal attacks...they like...they like...well....uh...good luck with that phil...

the Talking Can
12-05-2005, 05:42 AM
"We edit and delete attacks on posters and try to keep this place a clean board that parents wouldn't mind kids going to."

uh-oh....

the Talking Can
12-05-2005, 05:44 AM
WHen we started out Nick was on all the time giving us news and everything else. He was busting his ass and this site was growing. And when he quit coming on, the site started dying. News will always get us posters. But I guess we have decided that trash is the better way to go, and that is what this site will be."

pearl necklace of wisdom....

the Talking Can
12-05-2005, 05:46 AM
My point is that letting everything go, you are opening the box for good football talk to become personal wars, with people attacking each other and the conversation getting way off base.

hey, sounds like Planet....

keg in kc
12-05-2005, 05:48 AM
Ironically, on the odd day that there is news, I generally find it here as soon as I find it anywhere else. Of course, people who haven't even been here wouldn't know that.

the Talking Can
12-05-2005, 05:49 AM
Until you and your slew of buddies came in here, EVERYTHING was fine, poster's were decent, hardly anything was deleted, the site WAS INTERESTING, the only poter's who were quarreling mainly were ours and those of our AFC West rivals, as it should be and there in no way needed a change... If the poster's here would rather seek controversy than football talk, then they can leave, because this is a Kansas City Chiefs Message Board.......As for you, KlosterPhobia, I dont know how you got the permission to tell those moderators who have been here much longer than you how to deduct themselves and MODERATE in this forum, but unless Nick gave you permission himself I don't see why they should listen to you. You, being a part of the controversial chiefsplanet, aren't inclined to march into this propsperous board and start barking out orders...

feel the love

JimNasium
12-05-2005, 05:56 AM
feel the love
Wow, that guy is obviously a genious. (CPS)

Chan93lx50
12-05-2005, 06:00 AM
Best way to kick them in the balls is not to even go to the site.

Thats what they want users to signup and hits to their site. Fuggem they are not getting my post counts

headsnap
12-05-2005, 06:17 AM
as far as that board is concerned, I'll just lurk and laugh at them...

old_geezer
12-05-2005, 06:42 AM
I initally went over there out of curiosity and boredom just to see what all the fuss was about. I wish I hadn't wasted my time. I even went to the trouble of signing up but I never posted and I don't think I ever will. It's a piece of crap board and I almost feel sorry for Phobia who is a very hard worker and great guy. He deserves better than Nick Athen and Scout.com if he's going to sell his soul.

Ultra Peanut
12-05-2005, 06:59 AM
Eh, I never really did anything under that username to attract attention so I didn't think it'd be a big deal.That is where you were wrong.

You brought holiday cheer to millions of starving children, little Bose.

that is difference between the boards...we like fun things like smut and personal attacks...they like...they like...well....uh...good luck with that phil...

George Michael: Almost always, yeah. You know, Maeby’s never around anymore, and Ann’s off with her religious group trying to get Nip/Tuck taken off the air.

Michael: They don’t like Nip/Tuck?

George Michael: Well, you know, they don’t like anything. Something about God wants people to age naturally or, I don’t know. Ironically, she likes Gangee.

Bob Dole
12-05-2005, 07:10 AM
It is alot better than threads that turn to trash within 3 posts, and users who spend their time detracting from the site's prestige.

That's got to be the first time in history that "prestige" has been mentioned in connection with anything involving Warpaint Illustrated.

KCTitus
12-05-2005, 07:19 AM
I think that site needs a visit from our favorite NE Pennsylvania Chiefs fans...you know, the 'really' hardcore Chiefs fans?

the Talking Can
12-05-2005, 07:26 AM
I think that site needs a visit from our favorite NE Pennsylvania Chiefs fans...you know, the 'really' hardcore Chiefs fans?

are you saying "Bring out the Gimp?"

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 07:29 AM
I guess they don't want our business. OK by me.

KCTitus
12-05-2005, 07:37 AM
are you saying "Bring out the Gimp?"
ROFL

Bob Dole
12-05-2005, 07:40 AM

Why? According to XTREMELYPANTYWADDEDCHIEF all the quality posters are going over there.

Though Bob Dole can't imagine why anyone would go through their phone verification and blood test registration process.

KcMizzou
12-05-2005, 08:16 AM
And generic homer usernames rock! Damned straight.

Simplex3
12-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Man, I leave for a week and the place goes to hell! WTF? Can't I trust you guys with anything? ROFL

Come on, WPI? ROFL
"Don't offend anyone"? ROFL
If I can't be offensive then that board is every other s**t hole board on the Intarweb, Phil or no Phil.

Boozer
12-05-2005, 08:47 AM
http://mishilo.image.pbase.com/u45/lindarocks/upload/39841081.burnsmall.jpg

Look at me! I'm subscribing to Warpaint Illustrated.

Katipan
12-05-2005, 08:52 AM
This is what happens when you let men have internet access.

Eleazar
12-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Why? According to XTREMELYPANTYWADDEDCHIEF all the quality posters are going over there.

Though Bob Dole can't imagine why anyone would go through their phone verification and blood test registration process.

No one's going over there? Damn.

I guess I shouldn't have mailed them my pinkies for the fingerprinting process.

Ultra Peanut
12-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Ask first, sever later. Geeze.

Dartgod
12-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Hmmmm, I was out of town until yesterday afternoon and I missed all of this.

So, from what I understand, Phil has sold out and left Chiefsplanet? I checked out that place and the format of the BB sucks, IMO.

KCTitus
12-05-2005, 09:19 AM
So, from what I understand, Phil has sold out and left Chiefsplanet? I checked out that place and the format of the BB sucks, IMO.

Is this true? Phobia left CP? wow...

teedubya
12-05-2005, 09:30 AM
why doesnt someone who has a subscription to the magazine, just scan it in and post a PDF for all of us to see, and post all of the insider content for us to read. heh.

War Schmore.

htismaqe
12-05-2005, 10:21 AM
Poor babies.

I'm a scout.com member, and they may view Chiefsplanet as vulgar or trash, but I'll say this from personal experience.

We discuss more football here in an HOUR, than they do ALL DAY.

What they want there is a HOMER community where everybody talks great about the Chiefs.

Trust me, there's very little INTELLIGENT discussion on the scout.com messageboards.

Raiderhater
12-05-2005, 10:30 AM
as far as that board is concerned, I'll just lurk and laugh at them...

Same here. And laugh I did when I read that thread. Talk about double standards, they can say all kinds of bad things about our board and members, but don't we dare call them out.

What a bunch of old women.

Chiefnj
12-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Is this true? Phobia left CP? wow...

Phobia went to WPI and is trying to convert their BB into a Chiefs Planet-esque board where anything goes. Nathan dangled a press pass in front of his nose and he followed it like Ted Washington to a glazed donut.

Dartgod
12-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Phobia went to WPI and is trying to convert their BB into a Chiefs Planet-esque board where anything goes. Nathan dangled a press pass in front of his nose and he followed it like Ted Washington to a glazed donut.
That's too bad. I'll miss Phil here but I doubt I'll spend much time, if any at all, at that site. If they upgrade the BB software, I'd reconsider.

JimNasium
12-05-2005, 10:45 AM
That's too bad. I'll miss Phil here but I doubt I'll spend much time, if any at all, at that site. If they upgrade the BB software, I'd reconsider.
My guess is that it backfires on Phil. I don't think as many folks will bail out of here as he was probably counting on.

RINGLEADER
12-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Worst board ever...

Mark M
12-05-2005, 10:51 AM

I thought Phil "bought" ChiefsPlanet from AustinChief ... ?

If not, nevermind.

But if so, what does that mean for this place (if anything).

MM
~~:hmmm:

Dartgod
12-05-2005, 10:52 AM

If not, nevermind.

MM
I think it means we all have a chance to catch Phil in post count? :shrug:

JimNasium

If not, nevermind.

MM
I think he went into partnership. I'm not sure what the details were and don't really want to know.

htismaqe

I'm pretty sure that Phil thought he could take the actual MEMBERS to WPI...

Mark M
12-05-2005, 10:53 AM
My guess is that it backfires on Phil. I don't think as many folks will bail out of here as he was probably counting on.

I like Phil and all, but one guy does not a board make.

Does this mean there's a mod position open ... ?

MM
~~:)

Bootlegged
12-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Does Nick Athan have a goatee? This is strange...

Maybe Gretz and Harry will team up next.

Chiefnj
12-05-2005, 10:54 AM

I'm not casting judgment on the guy when I wrote that he followed the press pass, etc. It seems like a good opportunity for him, it looks like he'll get paid some money and get on the field and stand on the sidelines without getting arrested.

It's a shame that the Planet couldn't ever get anything in print to allow it to have similar press access. You find a lot of good in depth analysis on this board, that you honestly don't find anywhere else - I've looked.

htismaqe

MM

Possibly. I need to talk to Kyle.

Mark M
I think it means we all have a chance to catch Phil in post count? :shrug:

ROFL

That'll take me about another 10 years.

Although I just did pass 11K. Doesn't that qualify me for some merit badge or something?

MM
~~:hmmm: :)

Abba-Dabba

MM

Yep. And they said you have to be fat, bald with a goatee and manboobs to qualify.

Mark M
12-05-2005, 10:55 AM
Possibly. I need to talk to Kyle.

Too bad I don't have the time to do it.

I'd make a great moderator ....

MM
~~:evil:

Chiefnj
12-05-2005, 10:56 AM

I'm sure that is what the owners of the site hoped for. It's worked on paper - they've had new members sign up and increased their hits. Will it last, probably not.

Dartgod
12-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Yep. And they said you have to be fat, bald with a goatee and manboobs to qualify.
I guess I could shave my head and grow some facial hair. I definitely have the rest covered.

siberian khatru
Is Phil the new "boss" over there? Can he order those mods to do stuff or get rid of them? Or is his power limited to persuasion?

It's early in the process. Too soon to judge. But he's got his work cut out for him.

jidar
A noobies take on this situation.

It's the free spirit of this place that attracted and kept me (inspite of moderators ****ing with peoples names and avatars which I think is a bad idea), and I realized right away that it was in large part due to Phobias desires on how the place should be ran. I think we can all agree that, It's the liberty that this site affords people that has made it what it is. But who is going to champion freedom now? Without Phobia, who the liberty warrior is going to be? Most people don't have that strong of convictions and I fear that unless there is a leader who really "gets it" like phobia did then over time the moderation here will go the way of all forums and generally become more intollerant.

Now I'm not saying we don't have someone like that still at the helm, I honestly don't know that's why I'm asking. But does anyone still remaning here really understand deep down why the best moderators are the ones who use their powers the least?

JimNasium
12-05-2005, 10:58 AM
I agree.

I like Phil and all, but one guy does not a board make. I like him too but I don't think it's going to work out like he thinks it will. I've got a strange feeling that Scout.com is not going to let that site be as free-wheeling as the Planet. That's our appeal. Remember (actually your prolly don't) when a member of Patriots Planet asked "What is wrong with those people?" :)

htismaqe
I'm sure that is what the owners of the site hoped for. It's worked on paper - they've had new members sign up and increased their hits. Will it last, probably not.

I don't know. I have mixed feelings about it.

Phil is VERY good at what he does. Let's just say I'm not 100% unconcerned about the future of THIS board....

jidar
Is Phil the new "boss" over there? Can he order those mods to do stuff or get rid of them? Or is his power limited to persuasion?

It's early in the process. Too soon to judge. But he's got his work cut out for him.

From reading the threads it looks like he's the man. He's already started to make changes.

siberian khatru
12-05-2005, 10:59 AM

It's the free spirit of this place that attracted and kept me (inspite of moderators ****ing with peoples names and avatars which I think is a bad idea), and I realized right away that it was in large part due to Phobias desires on how the place should be ran. I think we can all agree that, It's the liberty that this site affords people that has made it what it is. But who is going to champion freedom now? Without Phobia, who the liberty warrior is going to be? Most people don't have that strong of convictions and I fear that unless there is a leader who really "gets it" like phobia did then over time the moderation here will go the way of all forums and generally become more intollerant.

Now I'm not saying we don't have someone like that still at the helm, I honestly don't know that's why I'm asking. But does anyone still remaning here really understand deep down why the best moderators are the ones who use their powers the least?

Time to hand the keys over to Big Daddy. :D

Abba-Dabba
12-05-2005, 10:59 AM
I guess I could shave my head and grow some facial hair. I definitely have the rest covered.

You are just like me. Half the man I need to be.

htismaqe
12-05-2005, 11:00 AM

1) Phil was one of the mods that used to mess with people's names and avatars. :D

2) Phil and I have been mods here since Day 1 and our styles were compatible and similar.

jidar
12-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Time to hand the keys over to Big Daddy. :D

lol! He's way too volatile. :)

jidar
12-05-2005, 11:03 AM
1) Phil was one of the mods that used to mess with people's names and avatars. :D

2) Phil and I have been mods here since Day 1 and our styles were compatible and similar.

Yeah I knew he did, and I think he shouldn't have. It almost made me not come back, but luckily for me I had already learned that otherwise the place was pretty good.
I still think that given a few minutes of discussion I'd have a good shot at convincing him that screwing with peoples avatars and names isn't a good idea.

Thig Lyfe
12-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Worst board ever...

Yep.

Boozer
12-05-2005, 11:04 AM
From reading the threads it looks like he's the man. He's already started to make changes.

Such as? What turd polishing measures has he taken?

htismaqe
12-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Yeah I knew he did, and I think he shouldn't have. It almost made me not come back, but luckily for me I had already learned that otherwise the place was pretty good.
I still think that given a few minutes of discussion I'd have a good shot at convincing him that screwing with peoples avatars and names isn't a good idea.

I've personally tried to stay away from that stuff. Of course, I also haven't been as active in doing actual legitimate moderating. I'm usually only here during the day...

Brock
12-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Such as? What turd polishing measures has he taken?

One of the things he's done which was quite funny was de-nutting the moderators. He told them to stop deleting posts immediately.

Bob Dole
12-05-2005, 11:07 AM

Wouldn't it be easier to just post:

"Hey! Will one of you guys screw with my username and/or avatar?"

:shake:

Boozer
12-05-2005, 11:08 AM

When has "being a bad idea" ever stopped Phil?

KChiefs1
12-05-2005, 11:09 AM
I bet most of the pansy asses will run to NEPA where they'll fit in better.

Goapics1
12-05-2005, 11:14 AM
2) Phil and I styles were compatible and similar.
:)

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 11:17 AM

Sure I understand it, Thomas Jefferson said it. "He who governs least, governs best".

Chiefnj
12-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Let's just say I'm not 100% unconcerned about the future of THIS board....

What are you concerned about?

Couldn't the Planet start a "subscription" for say $4.00 where you get a quarterly mailing on the Chiefs. Would this mailing and print media allow a good standing Planet member to obtain a press pass?

We all see the absolutely horrible interviews done by local sports. Everyone on this board says "why didn't they ask ..." It isn't difficult to determine what the real (season and non-season ticket holders included) fans really want to know and ask.

MOhillbilly
12-05-2005, 11:18 AM
i wish phil the best & warmest regards - but Chiefs Planet is home.

Raiderhater
12-05-2005, 11:19 AM

You wouldn't have convinced Phil of that. And don't expect it change around here. The whole messing with people's profiles was started by the owner of the board. He sees no problem with it in general, thus it will continue I'm sure.

Frankly I don't see what the big deal is, it's all done in good fun.

Chiefnj
12-05-2005, 11:23 AM
I don't think the moderators do enough screwing around.

If you post something completely idiotic like "How about Mike Martz for head coach", they should ban you for a few days and force you to join another board. After a few days of seeing how bad things are elsewhere, you'll appreciate the Planet even more and think twice before posting complete crap.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2005, 11:25 AM
oh nooosss www.geocities.com/scoutmb.html dont like us

FringeNC
12-05-2005, 11:26 AM

If you post something completely idiotic like "How about Mike Martz for head coach", they should ban you for a few days and force you to join another board. After a few days of seeing how bad things are elsewhere, you'll appreciate the Planet even more and think twice before posting complete crap.

Martz took a team to the SB. Has Marty ever done that? My definition of a completely idiotic thread is: "ZachKC is an asshole" or whatever it was.

JimNasium
12-05-2005, 11:26 AM
oh nooosss www.geocities.com/scoutmb.html dont like us
WTF is going on here?

go bo
12-05-2005, 11:29 AM
oh nooosss www.geocities.com/scoutmb.html (http://www.geocities.com/scoutmb.html) dont like ussay, oz...

that link doesn't go anywhere...

or is that the point? :D

Raiderhater
12-05-2005, 11:30 AM

That's not "screwing around". If that is what you want, follow Phil WPI. Those 'tard mods over there are bitching because they can no longer delete posts for stupidity.

I shit you not, one of those clows actually said that along with personal attacks and obscenities, posts have been, and should continue to be edited, deleted, what ever, for stupidity.

Can you say, "communist bastards"?

jidar
12-05-2005, 11:31 AM

Thankfully you're not a moderator because that's a stupid ****ing idea.

Chiefnj
That's not "screwing around". If that is what you want, follow Phil WPI. Those 'tard mods over there are bitching because they can no longer delete posts for stupidity.

I shit you not, one of those clows actually said that along with personal attacks and obscenities, posts have been, and should continue to be edited, deleted, what ever, for stupidity.

Can you say, "communist bastards"?

This is a perfect example of stupidity. Off to WPI or NEPA for you, you humorless bastage.

Raiderhater
Martz took a team to the SB. Has Marty ever done that? My definition of a completely idiotic thread is: "ZachKC is an asshole" or whatever it was.

But he is an asshole.

Boozer
12-05-2005, 11:33 AM
say, oz...

I think it's more a comment on the amatuer nature of the other board. So amatuerish that it might as well be hosted on geocities.

FringeNC
12-05-2005, 11:34 AM
But he is an asshole.

Fine. But is an hour after the biggest win of the season an appropriate time to make that thead?

Raiderhater
12-05-2005, 11:34 AM
This is a perfect example of stupidity. Off to WPI or NEPA for you, you humorless bastage.

Could I be so bold as to suggest more smilies when being sarcastic or a smart ass?

Dartgod
12-05-2005, 11:35 AM
But he is an asshole.
Isn't that a prerequisite for registering here?

Abba-Dabba
12-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Sure I understand it, Thomas Jefferson said it. "He who governs least, governs best".

Actually, he didn't. But that's okay.

Raiderhater
12-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Fine. But is an hour after the biggest win of the season an appropriate time to make that thead?

Was he being an asshole an hour after the biggest win of the season?

Raiderhater
12-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Isn't that a prerequisite for registering here?

Sadly, no. Thus the reason for some of our pansy members.

It should be though, dickhead.

FringeNC
12-05-2005, 11:40 AM

I dunno. Evidently, he got into it with some new guy or something...it was of no interest to me. I was on the football threads, but the Zach thread exploded.

htismaqe
12-05-2005, 11:42 AM
What are you concerned about?

Couldn't the Planet start a "subscription" for say $4.00 where you get a quarterly mailing on the Chiefs. Would this mailing and print media allow a good standing Planet member to obtain a press pass?

We all see the absolutely horrible interviews done by local sports. Everyone on this board says "why didn't they ask ..." It isn't difficult to determine what the real (season and non-season ticket holders included) fans really want to know and ask.

Because I fear we'll lose some of our seasoned posters to that message board.

Don't get me wrong...we DOMINATE all other Chiefs boards when it comes to both quantity AND quality of the football discussion here.

But if the people responsible for that discussion move over there, well...you catch my drift?

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 11:42 AM
I disagree with you n00b. I once gave Phil my password so he could fix something in my account. He promptly started using it to post as if he were me. It was funny as hell. If you hadn't come back because of his shenanigans nobody would have cared. This place isn't for "sensitive" folks.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2005, 11:43 AM
say, oz...

;)

basically i put that link up cuz its #1 fake and geocities is like a crappy 10mb host where starters on websites go to make pages with templates basically making fun.

Abba-Dabba
12-05-2005, 11:43 AM

Don't get me wrong...we DOMINATE all other Chiefs boards when it comes to both quantity AND quality of the football discussion here.

But if the people responsible for that discussion move over there, well...you catch my drift?

Seasoned? Are you saying I taste salty?

chagrin
12-05-2005, 11:49 AM

Oh my, how ghey

chagrin
12-05-2005, 11:50 AM
I disagree with you n00b. I once gave Phil my password so he could fix somehing in my account. He promptly started using it to post as if he were me. It was funny as hell. If you hadn't come back because of his shenanigans nobody would have cared. This place isn't for "sensitive" folks.

:deevee:

That hurt Skip me, it really did

htismaqe
12-05-2005, 11:53 AM

Nah, you've only got 8900 posts. You're a n00b. :D

Seriously, did anyone else notice that one of the mods over there who claimed to have been one of the longest-standing members of the board had 714 posts?

teedubya
12-05-2005, 11:54 AM
:deevee:

That hurt Skip me, it really did

Shutup n00b.

Abba-Dabba
12-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Oh my, how ghey

Wha? You no likey me salty?

Bob Dole
12-05-2005, 11:56 AM

Seriously, did anyone else notice that one of the mods over there who claimed to have been one of the longest-standing members of the board had 714 posts?

That's nearly 40000 in WPI years.

Abba-Dabba
12-05-2005, 11:58 AM

WOOWOO! I'm a n00b!

headsnap
12-05-2005, 11:58 AM

an hour after our biggest win of the season was a shit ass time for Zach to be an asshole. ;)

headsnap
12-05-2005, 11:59 AM

damn, I should read the whole thread BEFORE I post... :banghead:

Raiderhater
12-05-2005, 11:59 AM

I was concerned about it when Phil first made the announcement. I no longer am. If that happens, it won't be for quite a while, not until a lot of changes are made over there.

Raiderhater
12-05-2005, 12:01 PM
damn, I should read the whole thread BEFORE I post... :banghead:

:p

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 12:03 PM

I wish that dude would come over here so we could kick him around a little.

jidar
12-05-2005, 12:04 PM
I disagree with you n00b. I once gave Phil my password so he could fix something in my account. He promptly started using it to post as if he were me. It was funny as hell. If you hadn't come back because of his shenanigans nobody would have cared. This place isn't for "sensitive" folks.

Listen ****, it's not a matter of sensitive. I've explained this shit before, and I don't feel like doing it again, let's all just agree that I'm right and you're decrepit.

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Listen ****, it's not a matter of sensitive. I've explained this shit before, and I don't feel like doing it again, let's all just agree that I'm right and you're decrepit.
Your and idiot.

jidar
12-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Your and idiot.

lol. i no rite

htismaqe
12-05-2005, 12:10 PM
I was concerned about it when Phil first made the announcement. I no longer am. If that happens, it won't be for quite a while, not until a lot of changes are made over there.

I was less worried about it at first. I didn't think the core of our membership would go for the attitude over there -- it's pretty much a homer board.

The problem is that Phil's arrival seems to have sparked an exodus of some of those homers to NEPA. If they all leave, there's a vacuum there that I feel will inevitably be filled by the members here.

headsnap
12-05-2005, 12:12 PM
I was less worried about it at first. I didn't think the core of our membership would go for the attitude over there -- it's pretty much a homer board.

The problem is that Phil's arrival seems to have sparked an exodus of some of those homers to NEPA. If they all leave, there's a vacuum there that I feel will inevitably be filled by the members here.

feh, we won't miss ENDelt...

Mr. Plow
12-05-2005, 12:13 PM

I'm guessing that makes me a n00b as well?

:homer: Doh!

Dartgod
12-05-2005, 12:16 PM

Didn't Endelt have that many his first day?

htismaqe
12-05-2005, 12:19 PM
I'm guessing that makes me a n00b as well?

:homer: Doh!

Welcome aboard!!!

Raiderhater
12-05-2005, 12:20 PM

Short of a lot more "The server is busy at the moment" messages, I don't see that many people from here filling the void. Phil went over there, but he is only one of the "cool" people from this board that helps to keep us here. Thus far, most of the other "cool" people who have gone over there seem to be doing so on a more temporary basis.

The server problems is my only concern, but at this point there still seems to be enough animosity towards Nicky boy to keep people around here a bit longer. Hopefully it's enough time for Kyle to resolve the issue. At that point, I'm pretty sure we are home free.

htismaqe
12-05-2005, 12:24 PM
Short of a lot more "The server is busy at the moment" messages, I don't see that many people from here filling the void. Phil went over there, but he is only one of the "cool" people from this board that helps to keep us here. Thus far, most of the other "cool" people who have gone over there seem to be doing so on a more temporary basis.

The server problems is my only concern, but at this point there still seems to be enough animosity towards Nicky boy to keep people around here a bit longer. Hopefully it's enough time for Kyle to resolve the issue. At that point, I'm pretty sure we are home free.

Interestingly enough, it seems Athan isn't very popular with some of the members there either. They apparently feel "abandoned".

BigRedChief
12-05-2005, 12:30 PM

There BB layout and software needs major overhauls. Without that they will never be what Phil wants it to be.

htismaqe
12-05-2005, 12:35 PM
There BB layout and software needs major overhauls. Without that they will never be what Phil wants it to be.

Sorry, but the talk about the layout and software is moot to me. Phil will have that done in no time.

Wallcrawler
12-05-2005, 12:37 PM

I dont know, htismaqe. I mean once those members that left the board try to get into the little dictatorship known as NEPA, run by Gay-D-Prez himself and have to go through everything up to and including a body cavity search just to register there, they might just find out that life at their previous board wasnt so bad after all.

On the other hand, considering that Phobia is now over at this new board, it could draw a few more members that pass through NEPA and reject the dictatorship that is run over there, because that is how I personally ended up joining here.

I hated the single minded opinion on that board, and anything disagreeing with the blind homerism was ridiculed and then deleted. I began to really despise this Gay-D-Prez and when he started on his little spiels about how horrible and revolting Chiefsplanet was, and especially Phobia, it became clear to me that anything reviled by this pathetic little piece of filth had to be something I would like, so I had to check it out for myself, and Ive been here ever since.

But overall I really dont see NEPA being able to retain every member that left that other site upon Phobia's arrival. Not with the way Gay-D-Prez runs things. Unless they are willing to kneel and service him with every post they make and kiss his ass, they wont be there very long.

I simply refuse to believe that there are that many mentally challenged people that view the world in the same twisted fashion that Gay-D-Prez does. There cant be.

Boozer
12-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Sorry, but the talk about the layout and software is moot to me. Phil will have that done in no time.

If he were in charge. I think Scout requires all their sites to have that god-awful interface. Otherwise, people might forget they're on a Scout site.

Pitt Gorilla
12-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Unfortunately for you all, Pitt Gorilla is staying here. Sorry. :(

headsnap
12-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Unfortunately for you all, Pitt Gorilla is staying here. Sorry. :(
damn...

well you are overdue for a good post. :)

IIRC, your last good postwent something like this: "Kinda like Mike Cloud I was up, way up in the sky.." :p

Raiderhater
12-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Interestingly enough, it seems Athan isn't very popular with some of the members there either. They apparently feel "abandoned".

Yeah, I noticed that.

Katipan
12-05-2005, 12:53 PM
ATTN:

Endelt says "OK, Baldy"

That is all.

htismaqe
12-05-2005, 12:57 PM
I dont know, htismaqe. I mean once those members that left the board try to get into the little dictatorship known as NEPA, run by Gay-D-Prez himself and have to go through everything up to and including a body cavity search just to register there, they might just find out that life at their previous board wasnt so bad after all.

On the other hand, considering that Phobia is now over at this new board, it could draw a few more members that pass through NEPA and reject the dictatorship that is run over there, because that is how I personally ended up joining here.

I hated the single minded opinion on that board, and anything disagreeing with the blind homerism was ridiculed and then deleted. I began to really despise this Gay-D-Prez and when he started on his little spiels about how horrible and revolting Chiefsplanet was, and especially Phobia, it became clear to me that anything reviled by this pathetic little piece of filth had to be something I would like, so I had to check it out for myself, and Ive been here ever since.

But overall I really dont see NEPA being able to retain every member that left that other site upon Phobia's arrival. Not with the way Gay-D-Prez runs things. Unless they are willing to kneel and service him with every post they make and kiss his ass, they wont be there very long.

I simply refuse to believe that there are that many mentally challenged people that view the world in the same twisted fashion that Gay-D-Prez does. There cant be.

The rigorous sign-up and the exclusion of everything but blind homerism are two things that WPI and NEPA have IN COMMON.

chagrin
12-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Shutup n00b.
:cuss:
Hey! That hurt too, it really did

Saulbadguy
12-05-2005, 01:00 PM
The "Apply for Access" thing is ok if you have people monitoring it. It is actually a decent countermeasure against trolls.

Raiderhater
The rigorous sign-up and the exclusion of everything but blind homerism are two things that WPI and NEPA have IN COMMON.

I'll bet WPI doesn't have harrassing phone calls and emails.......

Eleazar
I registered over there, but the place looked pretty dead.

I think it might be more attractive to newer folks from over here than older ones. This board can be cliquish at times, and if one longtime member decides they don't like someone a lot of others will pile on quickly (sometimes deserved, sometimes not) and grudges seem to last a long time. I can see how a new board might appeal to that kind of person, where no one is really a veteran and no one is a noob. Being someplace from day one (or in WPI's case from the time of a major change) might appeal to some people.

I will probably check both places. The main reason I am here is to get Chiefs news and not really to discuss things. If they have it there I will check it.

As much as WPI might be a homer board, I think it might be a welcome break some weeks, because this board seems to be so negative. It can push you to take vacations for days or weeks because even after a win you come here and see so much negativity. A balance to that might be nice.

Saulbadguy
12-05-2005, 01:02 PM
I'll bet WPI doesn't have harrassing phone calls and emails.......
Maybe Phil should incorporate that.

NewChief
12-05-2005, 01:02 PM
The most interesting thing WPI has going for it right now is the "drama" surrounding Phil's move. It's a ghost town other than that.

Abba-Dabba
12-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Maybe Phil should incorporate that.

You should go "protect your house". :p

Saulbadguy
The most interesting thing WPI has going for it right now is the "drama" surrounding Phil's move. It's a ghost town other than that.
I must admit, i've been having quite a bit of fun with that.

Skip Towne

I think it might be more attractive to newer folks from over here than older ones. This board can be cliquish at times, and if one longtime member decides they don't like someone a lot of others will pile on quickly (sometimes deserved, sometimes not) and grudges seem to last a long time. I can see how a new board might appeal to that kind of person, where no one is really a veteran and no one is a noob. Being someplace from day one (or in WPI's case from the time of a major change) might appeal to some people.

I will probably check both places. The main reason I am here is to get Chiefs news and not really to discuss things. If they have it there I will check it.

As much as WPI might be a homer board, I think it might be a welcome break some weeks, because this board seems to be so negative. It can push you to take vacations for days or weeks because even after a win you come here and see so much negativity. A balance to that might be nice.
I wish you would leave so we can talk about you.

jidar
12-05-2005, 01:05 PM

I think it might be more attractive to newer folks from over here than older ones. This board can be cliquish at times, and if one longtime member decides they don't like someone a lot of others will pile on quickly (sometimes deserved, sometimes not) and grudges seem to last a long time.

That's the god damned truth. I've been under that pile a few times. It's not ****ing pretty, most of these faggots are naked and doing what faggots do in that pile.

I'm the new force of positivity. I rip on the negative posters daily! Hell yeah that's my style, enforcing positive thinking by being negative towards people. Actually I don't post enough for anyone to even care, but whatever.

NewChief
12-05-2005, 01:05 PM
I must admit, i've been having quite a bit of fun with that.

Yeah. I've always liked watching community dynamics unfold online. It's pretty interesting observing that (and this site) to see the reactions. I'll be curious to see how it all unfolds.

Raiderhater
12-05-2005, 01:07 PM
What a bunch of old women.

Ahh, but we do not have one here, and if we do it doesn't work very well. That is what mods do here.

To prove a point, although it pains me:
, Piss, , , , and Tits. ******. Slut, Whore, . Asswipe. Blow me. Penis. Dick. STFU.

As our mod powers have been taken away, any 12 year old on the net could come here to talk about how they admire Trent Green and be exposed to that language. I will go in and edit this after my point has been made.

Most 12 year olds these days are already familiar with that type of language. Hell, how do you think they talk in the school halls?

"Oh no! A naughty word! Somebody, quick, edit the post before I lose my eye sight!"

Raiderhater
12-05-2005, 01:10 PM
I'm the new force of positivity. I rip on the negative posters daily! Hell yeah that's my style, enforcing positive thinking by being negative towards people. Actually I don't post enough for anyone to even care, but whatever.

Negative is the new positive.

Bob Dole
12-05-2005, 01:11 PM
That's the god damned truth. I've been under that pile a few times. It's not ****ing pretty, most of these pillowbiters are naked and doing what pillowbiters do in that pile.

STF down and STF up you whiny little bitch.

chagrin
12-05-2005, 01:13 PM
That's the god damned truth. I've been under that pile a few times. It's not ****ing pretty, most of these pillowbiters are naked and doing what pillowbiters do in that pile.

ahem, um, you were under the pile?
:spock:

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm not going over there if I can't say shit hell damn tits.

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 01:16 PM
:cuss:
Hey! That hurt too, it really did
Pack up your Giggity BS and hit the road, n00b.

chagrin
12-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Pack up your Giggity BS and hit the road, n00b.

Skippy, you are really hurting my feelings now please stop it

btw - Giggitty!

chagrin
12-05-2005, 01:20 PM
shit, piss, cock, ****, suck, tittie motherf*cker and bitch

Boozer
12-05-2005, 01:23 PM

jidar-
I think this was meant for you.

KChiefsQT
12-05-2005, 01:24 PM
ahahahah.. yes were a bunch of dysfunctional people over this a way... and that's why the planet feels like a home. Who cares what those perfect people say about us. At first I was upset that we didn't merge with Phil... now I'm sooooo glad. Props to AustinChief for putting his foot down and leaving the planet as is. Phil can be a mod or whatever over there...Im not following him. NOOOO I WILL NEVER BE A MEMBER over that a way. A bunch of straight arrow fockers.

go bo
12-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Could I be so bold as to suggest more smilies when being sarcastic or a smart ass?NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!1!!

:Peace: :D :) :) :) PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

Pitt Gorilla
12-05-2005, 01:59 PM
damn...

well you are overdue for a good post. :)

IIRC, your last good postwent something like this: "Kinda like Mike Cloud I was up, way up in the sky.." :p
No, I'm not that clever...

Pitt Gorilla
12-05-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm curious; why would someone "follow" Phil to the other site? I didn't realize he was that popular. In fact, I can't say that I will noticeably miss him.

Mark M
12-05-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm curious; why would someone "follow" Phil to the other site? I didn't realize he was that popular. In fact, I can't say that I will noticeably miss him.

Yeah, I don't get that either.

I mean, Phil's a funny guy and has done a lot for this place, but I wasn't aware of any cult following the guy had.

Unless Tom Cash was right, and we're all just Phil's minions ...

MM
~~:hmmm: ;)

NewChief
12-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I don't get that either.

I mean, Phil's a funny guy and has done a lot for this place, but I wasn't aware of any cult following the guy had.

Unless Tom Cash was right, and we're all just Phil's minions ...

MM
~~:hmmm: ;)

Dude. If you want to get anywhere in life, you've gotta join the Cult of Phil. Once you know the secret hand shake, doors begin to open for you.

NewChief
12-05-2005, 02:08 PM
BTW,

In case no one else noticed, someone deleted the post that this thread linked to.

Katipan
12-05-2005, 02:09 PM
ahahahah.. yes were a bunch of dysfunctional people over this a way... and that's why the planet feels like a home. Who cares what those perfect people say about us. At first I was upset that we didn't merge with Phil... now I'm sooooo glad. Props to AustinChief for putting his foot down and leaving the planet as is. Phil can be a mod or whatever over there...Im not following him. NOOOO I WILL NEVER BE A MEMBER over that a way. A bunch of straight arrow fockers.

Way to take a stand when you figure out what the popular opinion is.

chagrin
12-05-2005, 02:11 PM
BTW,

In case no one else noticed, someone deleted the post that this thread linked to.

They also closed the thread over there. I guess it closes the link too, once it's locked

Alton deFlat
12-05-2005, 02:13 PM

Yea, I don't plan on following him over there. I'll admit, I lurked over there for a few minutes, to see what all the hubbub was about. Several of their regulars are pissin' and moanin' about the place going to the dogs now that it will be over-run by CP. They're scared shitless that we're going to come over there and start using bad language. Funny that the only ones cussing are those so-called regs.

memyselfI
12-05-2005, 02:22 PM
This is like a REALLY BAD case of dejavu all over again...and it's interesting to see the people who've lived through this once for the most part are lying low and letting the newer folks fight it out.

Phil will be missed because some of us have been posting with him for almost ten years. That is the same reason some of us might be interested in a venture of his...not because they are his groupees. I don't believe the Planet has anything to worry about unless it becomes CONSUMED with something that is, at this juncture, merely a toddler version of what this site is...

Sorry to say, since Phil made the announcement it's been pretty bleak around here. And it's not because he left but rather the reaction to his leaving. It was fun to joke about it for a day. But board wars and becoming hostile to him, or his site, because he's chosen to do something else with his life is REALLY petty and juvenile.

This coming from someone DEEP in similiar shit almost FIVE years ago. I'd like to think some of the long term folks here don't want to go down that path again. Losing Phil, or any single poster/person on this board, IS NOT WORTH IT.

JMO

Boozer
12-05-2005, 02:23 PM

I think what is more likely (although still remote) is that Phil will create something better than ChiefsPlanet over there. Like, the freewheeling nature of the Planet now, plus double-secret probation information about the team. Oh, and a crappy magazine for one hundred bucks a year.

Pitt Gorilla
12-05-2005, 02:32 PM
I think what is more likely (although still remote) is that Phil will create something better than ChiefsPlanet over there. Like, the freewheeling nature of the Planet now, plus double-secret probation information about the team. Oh, and a crappy magazine for one hundred bucks a year.
It's the intranet, man. Homey don't pay.

Iowanian
12-05-2005, 02:34 PM
I hope Phildo has fun with those sandy vag's.

I don't see me signing up anytime soon.

dirk digler
12-05-2005, 02:36 PM
This is like a REALLY BAD case of dejavu all over again...and it's interesting to see the people who've lived through this once for the most part are lying low and letting the newer folks fight it out.

Phil will be missed because some of us have been posting with him for almost ten years. That is the same reason some of us might be interested in a venture of his...not because they are his groupees. I don't believe the Planet has anything to worry about unless it becomes CONSUMED with something that is, at this juncture, merely a toddler version of what this site is...

Sorry to say, since Phil made the announcement it's been pretty bleak around here. And it's not because he left but rather the reaction to his leaving. It was fun to joke about it for a day. But board wars and becoming hostile to him, or his site, because he's chosen to do something else with his life is REALLY petty and juvenile.

This coming from someone DEEP in similiar shit almost FIVE years ago. I'd like to think some of the long term folks here don't want to go down that path again. Losing Phil, or any single poster/person on this board, IS NOT WORTH IT.

JMO

I can't believe I agree with Denise.

:p

Bob Dole
12-05-2005, 02:37 PM

JMO

That tears it. You're almost sounding reasonable.

Bob Dole is outta here.

Chiefnj
12-05-2005, 02:37 PM

JMO

Don't you feel like jumping ship? I hear Nathan loves good political discussions.

kcfanXIII
12-05-2005, 02:38 PM
lets not forget, they're the dumbasses that pay to voice their opinions. i love this place. its my therapy for a loss, and a great place to celebrate a win. here's to the playoffs!

dirk digler
12-05-2005, 02:40 PM
BTW I think Phil may have a little trouble especially with the techincal side of this. Out of interest I visited about 20-30 Scout.com sites and they all use they same software and pretty much look the same except for the team colors.

IMO the only thing Phil could improve on is the attitude there and maybe change the board colors other than that he is stuck.

Of course I could be wrong.

Dartgod
12-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Where has anyone been hostile towards Phil? Admittedly, I was out of town when all this went down, so I may have missed it. I'll miss Phil posting here, but that's about the extent of it. I'm sure I'll run into him quite often in the future, and share a beer or two, just as before.

memyselfI
12-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Don't you feel like jumping ship? I hear Nathan loves good political discussions.

No, dontcha worry your pretty little head... ;)

memyselfI
12-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Where has anyone been hostile towards Phil? Admittedly, I was out of town when all this went down, so I may have missed it. I'll miss Phil posting here, but that's about the extent of it. I'm sure I'll run into him quite often in the future, and share a beer or two, just as before.

Well he's had his motives questioned. I think some things said have been on the harsh side...

but then I'm not feeling like a spurned chick.

KCTitus
12-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Feh...I can think of at least one poster it would be worth losing.

People come and go...

I for one post a lot less here than I did in years past and it has nothing to do with the site or the people or the converstations here, rather it has to do with the fact that Im changing and I feel less inclined to post as I used to.

It's apparent to me that Phil's looking for something profitable. I wish him the best of luck with his endeavor.

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 02:43 PM
I hope Phildo has fun with those sandy vag's.

I don't see me signing up anytime soon.
Who cares? You're not funny and you've been riding your rep for several years now. :p

Eleazar
12-05-2005, 02:45 PM
I hear Nick Athan is liberal and hands out nickels for every post you make that contains "bush" and "debbil"

Boozer
12-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Who cares? You're not funny and you've been riding your rep for several years now. :p

For the last couple of years, this has been Iowanian:

memyselfI
12-05-2005, 02:52 PM

People come and go...

I for one post a lot less here than I did in years past and it has nothing to do with the site or the people or the converstations here, rather it has to do with the fact that Im changing and I feel less inclined to post as I used to.

It's apparent to me that Phil's looking for something profitable. I wish him the best of luck with his endeavor.

Agreed, I also can think of one... :p

Also agreed on point two. Sometimes life interupts what could be a perfectly good existance of bulletin board posting and getting up for the occasion drink and pee.

Also agreed on point three. I wish him well. He wants to make money doing something he loves. For ANY conservative or capitalist on this board to bemoan him for that they should be rethinking their stance.

Dang, it's been what, 6-7 years and we finally agree on SOMETHING...let alone a couple o' things.

Raiderhater

I already asked him to take the poster in question along, and he declined.

go bo
bush is da debbil...

go bo
12-05-2005, 02:53 PM
ooops, wrong board...

Iowanian
12-05-2005, 02:53 PM

Yeah...Thats true. I read it on the internet.

I used my Little Orphan Annie Decoder to translate the super secret WPI insider information and it said the following.

"BE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE"

A crummy commerical?!

Eleazar
12-05-2005, 02:56 PM
For ANY conservative or capitalist on this board to bemoan him for that they should be rethinking their stance.

Woohoo, here's where we smuggle political tripe into the main forum.

STFU

The Bad Guy
12-05-2005, 02:58 PM

I don't have the same views as John, but I enjoy that board . I'm a critical bastard, but have never had a post pulled or anything of that nature because I wasn't a homer.

Truth be told, the guy may have made enemies here based on past dealings, but I've never had a problem. I've been to his house, watched football games with him and him and his wife have been nothing but very gracious and nice to me.

I don't see the real reason to even bring this up anymore. I thought this flame war was over with between boards and what not. I thought it ended a long time ago. I have no desire nor need to engage in a pissing contest about what board is better because every board provides something different.

I think the Planet has been going down hill lately. People are far more grumpy than they used to be and the whining has gotten out of hand. Honestly, who cares if you have the biggest message board? Does that get you a special prize in the world outside the internet?

No.

Just let a sleeping dog lie already. This 5th grade clique shit with message boards is getting old and tiresome. Let all the Chiefs boards prosper instead of everyone slinging shit against each other.

We all like the same team.

Dartgod
12-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Well he's had his motives questioned.Yeah, that's the same thing as hostility. :rolleyes:

Whatever it takes for you to over-dramatize the issue, I guess. Par for the course for you though.

memyselfI
12-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Woohoo, here's where we smuggle political tripe into the main forum.

STFU

Not going to get political...

just pointing out that making money doing something you love is not a bad thing.

SPchief
12-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Did anyone notice the Dear Mods thread just got deleted over there??

NewChief
12-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Did anyone notice the Dear Mods thread just got deleted over there??

Yup. Looks like the mods are trying to launch a counterattack. PHILDO SHALL CRUSH THEM!!

htismaqe

JMO

Pretty good post, Denise.

memyselfI
Yeah, that's the same thing as hostility. :rolleyes:

Whatever it takes for you to over-dramatize the issue, I guess. Par for the course for you though.

Well, you admittedly were not here so think whatever you want. Being called a sell out is not usually considered a pleasantry.

Rausch
12-05-2005, 03:01 PM

Miss him?

No, no, no...

I figure I'll sign up over there and tough it out 'cause I know he'll miss me. It's not fair he'd have to go without my insight and modern living tips...

Rausch
12-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Pretty good post, Denise.

You are dead to me... :harumph:

Raiderhater
12-05-2005, 03:03 PM
I think the Planet has been going down hill lately.

People have been saying that for the past three years.

PastorMikH
Xtremeone or whatever cracks me the up. PastorMikH put it best over there:

ROFL I'm sorry but that is funny chit, and absolutely true.

Hank you, hank you vary much!

I can't believe I missed this thread!

memyselfI
Miss him?

No, no, no...

I figure I'll sign up over there and tough it out 'cause I know he'll miss me. It's not fair he'd have to go without my insight and modern living tips...

That is the same reason I'll never leave you... :p :p :p

Dartgod
12-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Well, you admittedly were not here so think whatever you want. Being called a sell out is not usually considered a pleasantry.
I myself made a joke about him being a sellout. I still don't see that as being "hostile".

Raiderhater
12-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Yup. Looks like the mods are trying to launch a counterattack. PHILDO SHALL CRUSH THEM!!

http://sounds.wavcentral.com/movies/conan/crush.mp3

Raiderhater
12-05-2005, 03:08 PM
You are dead to me... :harumph:

ROFL

chiefz
12-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Gee, this sure is good advertising for warpaint... lol

headsnap
12-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Hank you, hank you vary much!

I can't believe I missed this thread!
this right here is an example of the beauty of the planet, and what is missed on other heavily moderated boards...

A Pastor posting in the same thread started by a smut perveyor...

memyselfI
12-05-2005, 03:13 PM
I myself made a joke about him being a sellout. I still don't see that as being "hostile".

I guess that all depends on if you consider being called a sell out to be hostile...

if you are joking, it's not. But if you are not then I think it's kind of a hostile reaction. Again, JMO.

PastorMikH
12-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Let's just say I'm not 100% unconcerned about the future of THIS board....

I second this sentiment. I am a bit concerned about what will happen when server problems come up again. Do we have people in place that can fix this kind of stuff or will we have to wait for Kyle to get the time to fix them?

Raiderhater
12-05-2005, 03:20 PM
this right here is an example of the beauty of the planet, and what is missed on other heavily moderated boards...

A Pastor posting in the same thread started by a smut perveyor...

Heh, that is a pretty good example.

kcfanXIII
12-05-2005, 03:20 PM
decided, why pay when i can get it for free here. i haven't been here long enough to be "loyal" to anyone. but, i have a blast here, so **** em. don't we all want the same thing anyways?

Saulbadguy
12-05-2005, 03:22 PM
decided, why pay when i can get it for free here. i haven't been here long enough to be "loyal" to anyone. but, i have a blast here, so **** em. don't we all want the same thing anyways?
You don't have to pay to participate on the discussion forums. There is one "Premium" forum, but the rest are free.

KChiefsQT
12-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Way to take a stand when you figure out what the popular opinion is.

That's my own opinion. At first.... I was worried about the planet falling apart .. people leaving to go over there. Now, as it seems, everyone is sticking around, so I am glad.

Ohhhh and go take your gun and shoot yourself in the foot.

headsnap
I guess that all depends on if you consider being called a sell out to be hostile...

if you are joking, it's not. But if you are not then I think it's kind of a hostile reaction. Again, JMO.

I'm sure Phil isn't so sensitive as to consider that hostile...

dirk digler
I second this sentiment. I am a bit concerned about what will happen when server problems come up again. Do we have people in place that can fix this kind of stuff or will we have to wait for Kyle to get the time to fix them?

That is my main concern as well. Kyle responded in another thread that he would make an annoucment so I am anxiously awaiting that, if it ever happens at all.

go bo
12-05-2005, 03:24 PM
I second this sentiment. I am a bit concerned about what will happen when server problems come up again. Do we have people in place that can fix this kind of stuff or will we have to wait for Kyle to get the time to fix them?from what i understand, waiting for kyle to fix the database might be one of the biggest reasons phil left to take the job at wp...

chiefz
12-05-2005, 03:25 PM
That is my main concern as well. Kyle responded in another thread that he would make an annoucment so I am anxiously awaiting that, if it ever happens at all.

As long as this place has been around I couldn't image the owner letting it fall apart because he doesn't have time.

PastorMikH
12-05-2005, 03:27 PM

For the record, what catagory would you put me in? :)

I agree on the server problems. That is my biggest fear. As soon as I get this thread read through to the first page, I'll probably see that my questioning in other posts has already been answered. I'm halfway through page 2 so I should be on the first page shortly.

memyselfI
12-05-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm sure Phil isn't so sensitive as to consider that hostile...

Maybe not, and if so, my bad. I just didn't like the idea of a 'war' starting over this. We lost a good guy...we have not lost a good board.

dirk digler
12-05-2005, 03:28 PM
As long as this place has been around I couldn't image the owner letting it fall apart because he doesn't have time.

See go bo's post above. Kyle IMO is an absentee owner, Phil did 99% of the work along with the new techincal committee.

bigpeewee
12-05-2005, 03:29 PM
The game was awesome; to watch the Dejected Donks leaving Arrowhead with their tail between their legs was about the best thing I could have hoped for yesterday...

Dartgod
12-05-2005, 03:29 PM

That's fine. You are entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong.

Again, I'll miss Phil here, just because he's become a good friend over the years. I've spent some time lurking at the new place today, but I don't see myself posting much in the future, mainly because of the board software. It is vastly inferior to this board, IMO. It has nothing to do with the people though.

One more thing that was brought up earlier is, I'm not sure Phil will have much leeway with changing the board software. It appears that all Scout.com sites use the same BB software. I was suprised to find out I already have an account registered there from when I had posted on a Ravens BB a few years ago.

I wish Phil the best of luck, but he appears to have his work cut out for him.

chiefz
12-05-2005, 03:33 PM
See go bo's post above. Kyle IMO is an absentee owner, Phil did 99% of the work along with the new techincal committee.

I run a pretty large site myself, there's not really that much work involved (outside of the news and such which isn't an issue here) with keeping it running.

As long as you optimize the database every so often and you run on a good host there really isn't a whole lot to do.

Area 51
12-05-2005, 03:35 PM
from what i understand, waiting for kyle to fix the database might be one of the biggest reasons phil left to take the job at wp...

Does that tell you anything about ph0bia? He is on a power trip. Read his posts, it's all about power. He was the big fish in a little pond and now he is just a fish in a watering hole.

I don't think he will be missed here, he is more of a instigator of trouble than many of us. I try, but I am limited by interconnectivity.

chagrin
Okay you two, back to the ORIGINAL topic!

I think I am about to get banned from over there. I just spoke my mind, God forbid someone do that on Mizzoubravesfan's site. That guy is a total douche bag

chiefz
I've spent some time lurking at the new place today, but I don't see myself posting much in the future, mainly because of the board software. It is vastly inferior to this board, IMO. It has nothing to do with the people though.

One more thing that was brought up earlier is, I'm not sure Phil will have much leeway with changing the board software. It appears that all Scout.com sites use the same BB software.

Yes, ezboard sucks.

I was surprised to see them running it but as large as the scout network is it would be quite a job to migrate the entire operation. Not to say it can't be done but it would definitely cause some downtime.

|Zach|
12-05-2005, 03:38 PM
I don't think he will be missed here, I think you know nothing.

KChiefsQT
12-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Does that tell you anything about ph0bia? He is on a power trip. Read his posts, it's all about power. He was the big fish in a little pond and now he is just a fish in a watering hole.

I don't think he will be missed here, he is more of a instigator of trouble than many of us. I try, but I am limited by interconnectivity.
I agree and disagree. I do like Phob a lot... hes funnier than shit and initially I was sad because I thought the planet was going to take a shit. As it looks.... he will be missed by some, cursed by others. But the one thing that's important... the Planet is going no where!!!!

So, good luck Phil and one day you'll be back. :p

Dartgod
12-05-2005, 03:39 PM

I think I am about to get banned from over there. I just spoke my mind, God forbid someone do that on Mizzoubravesfan's site. That guy is a total douche bag
Who are you over there?

KChiefsQT
12-05-2005, 03:40 PM

The real question is... are you looking to get banned?

memyselfI
12-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Yes, ezboard sucks.

I was surprised to see them running it but as large as the scout network is it would be quite a job to migrate the entire operation. Not to say it can't be done but it would definitely cause some downtime.

User friendly wise, this board is one of the best I've ever used on the internet. I think the software must be pretty good. Wherever I've found this type of board it's always been pretty user friendly.

I don't find the colors to be particularly asthetically pleasing but that is a small and rather meaningless issue. I'd much rather have a user friendly and boring looking place than fancy digs that are a nightmare to manuever.

Dartgod
12-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Pot, kettle.

Kettle, pot...

:rolleyes:

PastorMikH
Well getting from halfway through the second page to the top of the first page didn't take as long as I thought. It really helped with Meme posting - the scroll pasts really sped things up.

|Zach|
I second this sentiment. I am a bit concerned about what will happen when server problems come up again. Do we have people in place that can fix this kind of stuff or will we have to wait for Kyle to get the time to fix them?Yes and Yes.

KChiefsQT
12-05-2005, 03:42 PM
User friendly wise, this board is one of the best I've ever used on the internet. I think the software must be pretty good. Wherever I've found this type of board it's always been pretty user friendly.

I don't find the colors to be particularly asthetically pleasing but that is a small and rather meaningless issue. I'd much rather have a user friendly and boring looking place than fancy digs that are a nightmare to manuever.

Aren't you supposed to be squealing off in the D.C. Forum, lady?

dirk digler
I run a pretty large site myself, there's not really that much work involved (outside of the news and such which isn't an issue here) with keeping it running.

As long as you optimize the database every so often and you run on a good host there really isn't a whole lot to do.

You have a very good site good job. What I am curious about is what is your member count?

memyselfI
Well getting from halfway through the second page to the top of the first page didn't take as long as I thought. It really helped with Meme posting - the scroll pasts really sped things up.

Ignore is even faster. :p

chiefz
12-05-2005, 03:43 PM

Invision Power Board and vbulletin are the best message board packages out there for features and easy of use. I went with Invision because it think it performs slightly faster when it comes to SQL lookups.

memyselfI
Aren't you supposed to be squealing off in the D.C. Forum, lady?

Yeah, I'm just waiting for a certain someone's DIS-approval numbers to be announced later today... ;) :p

|Zach|
That tears it. You're almost sounding reasonable.

Bob Dole is outta here.ROFL

chagrin
12-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Who are you over there?

They wouldn't let me use chagrin, so I am known as "vorph"

I pozsted a totally logical post to that guy earlier today and have been reading his whinings all day long. He is an idiot, a REAL idiot. All he does is whine about the way HE wants things, and frankly, I am tired of reading his shit about "everybody" here being trashy. They obviously have no room over there for choice and freewill.

P.S. meme that is not an invitation for you to ramble, we don't like that kind of stuff over here.

memyselfI
12-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Invision Power Board and vbulletin are the best message board packages out there for features and easy of use. I went with Invision because it think it performs slightly faster when it comes to SQL lookups.

Oh, that is a nice looking site. The layout seems similiar. I likey! :thumb:

chiefz
12-05-2005, 03:46 PM
You have a very good site good job. What I am curious about is what is your member count?

Thanks,

I really try to focus more on the news and content these days since I've hired some staff writers and become so large (traffic wise).

Its a little over 1500 right now but I've only been online since July 2004 so its gaining pretty quick. It stays pretty busy, I generally have anywhere from 70-125 users or so active most of the time.

I think the most online at once was around 310 before I performed the upgrade a few months ago which wiped out that stat. Now its like 250 or something like that.

PastorMikH
12-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Ignore is even faster. :p

You know, I kinda like the way that BB over there works. The complex setup is rather intriquing.

Say, in leiu of post 232, why don't we try their software for a month or so?

:D

chagrin
12-05-2005, 03:47 PM
The real question is... are you looking to get banned?

No, but I figured since I called him a dick bag, he'd quash my "membership"

memyselfI
12-05-2005, 03:48 PM
You know, I kinda like the way that BB over there works. The complex setup is rather intriquing.

Say, in leiu of post 232, why don't we try their software for a month or so?

Did you ever say what you are a pastor of? :fire: ROFL ROFL

chiefz
12-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Oh, that is a nice looking site. The layout seems similiar. I likey! :thumb:

Thanks,

Yeah, IPB and VBulletin are real similar look and feel wise. To tell you the honest truth I'm surprised scout can run a board the size they do on that ezboard. I was told it wouldn't support forums nearly that size.

PastorMikH
12-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Did you ever say what you are a pastor of? :fire: ROFL ROFL

That would be Arch Bishop of Smaque.

KChiefsQT
12-05-2005, 03:49 PM
No, but I figured since I called him a dick bag, he'd quash my "membership"
Dick bag??? If you're gonna get banned come up with something better than dick bag. Unless of course you're trying to fit in with the 4th grade philosophy run by Athan's over there...?